test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Galactic Restoration

Comments

• Options
    natejam101natejam101 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    bonus XP from DOFF missions. Right. Thats going to help us level quicker. Sorry, but 150% XP bonus skill points from lets say..a DOFF missions that grand 100 SP..wow what a boost. Please, bring back the Mirror Invasion and its bonus XP, or the Q x4 xp weekends, or increase the dang Skill points awarded for all episodes pre 51...maybe then ill spend some money on ZEN and continue playing all 7 of my level 50s.
  • Options
    delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    gulberat wrote: »
    deleroux wrote: »
    At least there's some Rep Mark boost. That will help in building up some Dil and finishing up some remaining Rep projects.

Too bad it won't be in conjunction with the release of the new Terran Task Force Rep, that would have been nice.

I think plot-wise, the point is to not have it correspond with the unleashing of a new enemy.

That'd make more sense were it not for the fact that, as mentioned before, we're being encouraged and granted additional rewards for participating in BATTLEzones and combat-oriented STFs during what's meant to be a time of post-war 'peace and rebuilding.'

"Yay, the war is over! Woohoo, no more enemies to fight! Here, enjoy this bonus for your rebuilding efforts... (accessible by engaging in war scenarios and battles)."
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    150% XP = What the normal in-game XP progression should be all the time.

I will grind all the remaining spec tree for my PvP toon (About 24 spec points) and will them move on to trying to grind as much as I can for my PvE toon. Should be about a spec point every 50 minutes if I go all out so I can probably achieve my goal.
  • Options
    ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    So let me be clear on something: the double XP weekend WAS cancelled, not moved. This is not the same thing, otherwise we wouldn't have to do anything to even have double XP to begin with.

Also, DOFF assignments and Fleet Contribution? Really!? You couldn't take the time to make restoring and rebuilding what was lost actually fun!? All you do is long in, start a few assignments, donate to fleet, log off, play something else.
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Will this rebuilding work have any visible connection in the actual game world, or is it just confined to the fleet projects?

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    skylarcometskylarcomet Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    guljarol wrote: »
    Me likey! :)
    Lol...

I like how one of our post-war peace and rebuilding time rewards is... bonus reputation marks that are earned in STFs and battlezones.

Go and chase epohhs on NR. Peaceful, fresh air, relaxing ;)​​

Too many Romulans, would just end up turning it into a battlezone by indiscriminately killing on sight.

Maybe go see a psychiatrist about being a racist homicidal maniac? :D
    >:)ruff, meow, moo, whatever.... *shrug*
    [ Still Waiting for a Shiny New T6 Romulan Science Ship to Command ]
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Yeah I had this small motivation to play the other day and after I got done filling doff missions on one character I totally lost the appeal to play and logged out. I just can't get into this game until they do something about the massive xp grind.
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    Will this rebuilding work have any visible connection in the actual game world, or is it just confined to the fleet projects?

I'm hoping with little hope that it will lead to a proper city on New Romulus instead of the staging area, and a refreshed First City/Shipyards. Both with overall quality of life improvements that thus far only the Feds enjoy with ESD.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User

I'm hoping with little hope that it will lead to a proper city on New Romulus instead of the staging area, and a refreshed First City/Shipyards. Both with overall quality of life improvements that thus far only the Feds enjoy with ESD.

Since Season 11 is supposed to be released in less than 3 weeks, since the Badlands Battlezone is supposed to be released with it and since it's still not available for testing on Tribble... It's highly unlikely there'll be more environment changes outside of the Badlands.

#TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    Since Season 11 is supposed to be released in less than 3 weeks, since the Badlands Battlezone is supposed to be released with it and since it's still not available for testing on Tribble... It's highly unlikely there'll be more environment changes outside of the Badlands.

All true. Like I said, I don't have much of a hope, but a small bit. It more or less is yet another missed opportunity by Cryptic; just like they missed the opportunity to make it feel like a serious war by just adding some code lines that would make Iconians occasionally appear in place of the usual NPCs in Red Alerts, Enemy Encounters, or even Fleet Alerts.

But it also means that they can't even do something for the Romulans and Klingons that they were able to do for the Feds when the same thing happened with the damage to ESD during Surface Tension. Heck, all the queues were about Qo'nos getting raided and burned by the Iconians repeatedly, and New Romulus was a punching bag due to having an active gateway.

I'm expecting the worst, and hoping that maybe I'll get to eat those words. This is one of the times I'd like to be proven wrong.
  • Options
    Lol...

I like how one of our post-war peace and rebuilding time rewards is... bonus reputation marks that are earned in STFs and battlezones.

Too many Romulans, would just end up turning it into a battlezone by indiscriminately killing on sight.

Don't be silly. Everyone knows Romulans deserve no less. Exhibit A: Sela.
  • Options
    borastborast Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Hmm...Week one, any one not in a fleet need not log-in...
    Gee, thanks.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    borast wrote: »
    Gee, thanks.
    Well there's your problem, fleets are life!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    borast wrote: »
    Gee, thanks.
    Well there's your problem, fleets are life!

*Groans and rolls his eyes*
    Just what the galaxy needs; Fleet Jem'hadar...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    So we are rebuilding for nothing? What war? It was only done in FEs, and in fake blogs.

Since there is nothing to really rebuild on. I will pass this event and work on my current goals.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    namreefnamreef Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    natejam101 wrote: »
    bonus XP from DOFF missions. Right. Thats going to help us level quicker. Sorry, but 150% XP bonus skill points from lets say..a DOFF missions that grand 100 SP..wow what a boost. Please, bring back the Mirror Invasion and its bonus XP, or the Q x4 xp weekends, or increase the dang Skill points awarded for all episodes pre 51...maybe then ill spend some money on ZEN and continue playing all 7 of my level 50s.

True, but I regularly assign DOFF missions and the majority of them reward over 1000 SP. Over 15 or more assignments, it starts to add up - add this bonus and it's not too shabby.

More SP is always appreciated though.
  • Options
    namreefnamreef Member Posts: 83 Arc User

I fully expected a NR/Q revamp similar to the ESD revamp we got a while back. Patrols and sector missions where we rebuild/help worlds would be nice.
  • Options
    britewolfbritewolf Member Posts: 40 Arc User

Lol. You have either never tried running around an open area after small furry critters, like rabbits, guinea pigs or cats, or think it's funny to watch other people do just that... There's certainly nothing peaceful or relaxing about it and the air could hardly be considered fresh; at least, not when filled by the kind of language used broadly and continuously by the poor saps sent to collect said furry critters!

This is why, as a General, I feel it is my solemn duty to accept the sadistic task of making my Junior Officers and cadets do just that! >:)
    General T'Reirr Asei
    Captain of the venerable I.K.S. Y'Kun.
    Warrior of the Empire; Savior of Cookies; Lord of String; Devious Little S*!7
    #PlomeekSoupForTheIndifferent #AmNotFluffy #Klingons4Equality #PriorityOneRocks #ShortButPouncey

#MaybeALittleFluffy
  • Options
    zellkarrathzellkarrath Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I guess we can't just go to Risa, and........oh wait! We did that when the galaxy was apparently at war anyway.

Edit: Just to be clear though, I do like this idea, and I'm looking forward to the bonuses. I just wish there were some in game related actions we could do that did not lead directly into combat for this event.
    Post edited by zellkarrath on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    lucho80 wrote: »
    150% XP = What the normal in-game XP progression should be all the time.

Right on the nose. Right on the nose.

• Options
    britewolf wrote: »

Lol. You have either never tried running around an open area after small furry critters, like rabbits, guinea pigs or cats, or think it's funny to watch other people do just that... There's certainly nothing peaceful or relaxing about it and the air could hardly be considered fresh; at least, not when filled by the kind of language used broadly and continuously by the poor saps sent to collect said furry critters!

This is why, as a General, I feel it is my solemn duty to accept the sadistic task of making my Junior Officers and cadets do just that! >:)
    In reality, that's why tranq guns exist. But for whatever odd reason, we can't use the stun setting on the otherwise useless handheld phaser remote controls to just stun-shoot them and tag them. That alone would make investing in the otherwise useless handheld phasers viable again, if only for Epohh tagging and whatever other tagging requires us to go around chasing the creatures to be tagged.
  • Options
    skylarcometskylarcomet Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    Lol...

Exhibit A is a half breed (and the other half is humans, so do we get to kill them all to because of her?) that every actual Romulan would love to see dead for her crimes against known (and probably unknown parts) of space.
    >:)ruff, meow, moo, whatever.... *shrug*
    [ Still Waiting for a Shiny New T6 Romulan Science Ship to Command ]
  • Options
    Lol...

Exhibit A is a half breed (and the other half is humans, so do we get to kill them all to because of her?) that every actual Romulan would love to see dead for her crimes against known (and probably unknown parts) of space.

Excuses.
  • Options
    tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Do remember that the federation and Klingon war led straight ran along side the Undine war which ran into the Borg conflict which hasn't really ended which was followed by more conflict with the Undine which ended just as the fight with the Voth started before running us into the Vaadwaur who were just Iconian puppets and so that conflict turned into the Iconian war who were responsible for the Undine aggression which is why the Federation and Klingons were at way.

In other words, the last 15 or so years there has been constant war, most of which was ultimately due to the Iconians. For a short time there will be peace.

EDIT: Sorry, the 15 or so years is in my timeline of the game, not Cryptics dumb TRIBBLE idea that all of these events and the several generations of ships all happened in about one year and a half (if the game started in January of 2409, unless we get another time change, were still under two years).
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    @criticalthinker : It is not my job to make Cryptic's video game for them. If something is worth doing, it's worth doing properly. Their blog is not a substitute.

As is, the only thing that needs rebuilding is the ships that TRIBBLE Zapp Kagran wasted in his "glorious honorable" frontal attack on the Dyson Sphere.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    I do have to say though the xp grind shouldn't really be a grind I wish they would have put alternatives like doing a certain function on getting certain specializations and ship masteries. If you overlook that which is really really hard if you have alts the EP Salami has pushed almost every aspect forward for the KDF that was asked for the only thing left is bops tbh. So if bops started getting released and there was some kind of common ground established like how rep tokens were with reputations I would be all for playing here again(Although there is a specific entity that keeps breaking down the communication that should be replaced so we can get some productive change and not just silence any critical statements).