What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Galactic Restoration

124»

Comments

• Options
    wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 397 Arc User
    Does the second week (duty officer tasks) calculate based on size of completed task or just quantity? i.e. does a 30 minute duty officer mission worth 50 experience count as much toward Galactic Restoration tier goals as a 20 hour mission worth 600 experience?

If so we should just be filling up duty officer queues with all the tiny missions so one player can get maybe 10(hourly updates) x 20 (mission slots) x 8 (characters) = 1600 missions a day....if someone was really willing to grind that out....or can I just kick off my 20 hour missions 1-2 times a day and still have good effect? Only once have I seen the % complete of a tier increase as as I mark tasks complete on my 8 chars...so it seems it takes a huge number of players to make a difference on this (vs fleet holdings where 1 person could go crazy and finish a lot of holding tasks).
  • Options
    doctheopdoctheop Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    so what's our bonus(es) beginning Oct 22? Meter's gone... impossible to tell what's been buffed, if anything!
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    According to the original news article...
    For the second week, running from October 15th at 9AM PDT, until October 22nd at 9AM PDT, the Restoration Initiative will switch focus to track completed Duty Officer Assignments. The work of all Captains towards this weekly goal will unlock a Bonus Experience Week that will offer a bonus 50%, 100% or 150% to all Skill Points and Expertise earned

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9588003-star-trek-online:-galactic-restoration

And I do believe we maxed out on DOff assignments, so we should be getting 150% bonus Skill and Expertise.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    doctheopdoctheop Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    According to the original news article...
    For the second week, running from October 15th at 9AM PDT, until October 22nd at 9AM PDT, the Restoration Initiative will switch focus to track completed Duty Officer Assignments. The work of all Captains towards this weekly goal will unlock a Bonus Experience Week that will offer a bonus 50%, 100% or 150% to all Skill Points and Expertise earned

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9588003-star-trek-online:-galactic-restoration

And I do believe we maxed out on DOff assignments, so we should be getting 150% bonus Skill and Expertise.

yeah, we SHOULD be... but there's no indication of it! to paraphrase the Joker: Why so mysterious?? They did this before during a similar event in the past and I don't understand why more people aren't more perplexed. I can't be the only one that thinks the buff results of an event should be visible somehow.
  • Options
    ryghanryghan Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    I agree..it would be nice to know what we "earned" - even if it is a post somewhere, though an in game "buff" or notification would be even better and appreciated.
  • Options
    roubiniroubini Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    Why is it a sin for Cryptic's managers to reveal to us the final score/results and the stats used to calculate the results?

It's just "Dr Doom" Roubini
    Refugee from those other games!