test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Galactic Restoration

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
For a brief moment the galaxy has been granted a reprieve from fighting. The Iconians are returning to their corner of the universe and our night skies are no longer punctuated with phaser or disruptor fire.

Learn more about the event here.

~LaughingTrendy

Comments

• Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I do like the sound of a week of potentially +150% xp. I will limber up on the doffing then i guess.

Edit:reading failure.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    Nice.. this is definitely a well needed event. :)
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • Options
    alexsanderitaalexsanderita Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    Dilithium Exchange prices will go down like crazy... and I have just sold my dilithium.

I'd appreciate if news for the game came before...

Thanks for the info trendy.
    I still dream from time to time about using the Gateway to doff off-game in spare minutes as we were told
  • Options
    delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    Lol...

I like how one of our post-war peace and rebuilding time rewards is... bonus reputation marks that are earned in STFs and battlezones.
  • Options
    farshorefarshore Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    I don't understand what the reward for the 3rd week is.
  • Options
    farshore wrote: »
    I don't understand what the reward for the 3rd week is.

8th-15th earn fleet credits and complete fleet projects - weekly reward none
    15th-22nd complete doff missions - weekly reward bonus rep marks
    22nd - 29th weekly reward +xp and expertise

• Options
    rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    has nobody pointed out there will be one day when there will be 12 hours of nada?
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • Options
    the 12 hour downtime is only during the time when rewards are accumulating so no big loss.

• Options
    guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 980 Arc User
    Me likey! :)
    deleroux wrote: »
    Lol...

I like how one of our post-war peace and rebuilding time rewards is... bonus reputation marks that are earned in STFs and battlezones.

Go and chase epohhs on NR. Peaceful, fresh air, relaxing ;)​​
  • Options
    guljarol wrote: »
    Me likey! :)
    Lol...

Go and chase epohhs on NR. Peaceful, fresh air, relaxing ;)​​

Too many Romulans, would just end up turning it into a battlezone by indiscriminately killing on sight.
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    So we're rebuilding for a virtually non-existent war that only really existed in Tales.

Still no new update to New Romulus or a fresh update to First City. That would be worthwhile to contribute to.

No boosts to Fleet projects either. And that bonus XP boost is basically just bringing XP gains almost back to pre-Delta levels (if we hit 150%).

At least there's some Rep Mark boost. That will help in building up some Dil and finishing up some remaining Rep projects.

Can't say I'm really enthusiastic about this event. But it's better than nothing. So eh.
  • Options
    At least there's some Rep Mark boost. That will help in building up some Dil and finishing up some remaining Rep projects.

Too bad it won't be in conjunction with the release of the new Terran Task Force Rep, that would have been nice.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    A miniature Delta Recruit event. I like the spirit of the thing at least. And the rewards are always welcome.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User

Too bad it won't be in conjunction with the release of the new Terran Task Force Rep, that would have been nice.

I think plot-wise, the point is to not have it correspond with the unleashing of a new enemy.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,401 Arc User
    gulberat wrote: »

I think plot-wise, the point is to not have it correspond with the unleashing of a new enemy.
    [cynicism mode]And also to not offer extra Terran marks, so we won't get the opportunity to grind less.[/cynicism]

#TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    [cynicism mode]And also to not offer extra Terran marks, so we won't get the opportunity to grind less.[/cynicism]

Yup... heaven forbid the game get less grindy and more enjoyable. But, no, they'd rather make the game feel like a second job.

>_>
    <_<

• Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    Dilithium Exchange prices will go down like crazy... and I have just sold my dilithium.

I'd appreciate if news for the game came before...

Thanks for the info trendy.

I don't think this will get anyone to fill up the fleet projects that have been languishing since July.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    The pessimism is strong here.​​
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • Options
    mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    I very much doubt that bonus Terran marks will be available.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,109 Arc User
    Name five worlds "ruined" by the Iconians.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Ruined as in we see permanent damage? None.

Ruined as in we see only in queues or missions? N.Romulus and Qo'nos. And that Preserver archive world who's name I can't even be bothered to remember. That's it.

And again, not a single planned update to either N.Romulus or Qo'nos. I may be a Fed player, but they both deserve a new makeover. At least a proper city hub for N.Romulus and some quality of life updates for First City/Shipyards.
    Post edited by hyperionx09 on
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    I could potentially enjoy this but then even if I did this 24/7 throughout the event I'd still have trillions of xp needed so I think I'll pass here since its not something fun.
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    Ruined as in we see permanent damage? None.

Ruined as in we see only in queues or missions? N.Romulus and Qo'nos. And that Preserver archive world who's name I can't even be bothered to remember. That's it.

And again, not a single planned update to either N.Romulus or Qo'nos. I may be a Fed player, but they both deserve a a new makeover. At least a proper city hub for N.Romulus and some quality of life updates for First City/Shipyards.

I can agree with that; since R&D replaced Crafting, there's a whole quarter of First City that isn't really used.

As for no real 'ruined' planets; it's the "Storm of Chaos" Effect. Years ago, when Games Workshop did their "Storm Of Chaos" global event for Warhammer Fantasy, cities were sacked, looted, beseiged... but never destroyed, because they didn't want to affect any story or origin that players had created or would create for their army (I.E., reading the Army Book, deciding to base their army's colors and organization on Citiesburg only to discover that Citiesburg was destroyed during the "Storm of Chaos" which they didn't know because they weren't involved in the event.). It's the same concept - how would new players feel starting the game and creating a character from, let's say... Norpin V with a rich backstory, family still there, etc. only to reach the Iconian War mission and discover that Norpin V gets destroyed and it doesn't even happen during a mission, it's off-screen?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    magolosomagoloso Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    So, missions of first week are only for fleets?
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    Years ago, when Games Workshop did their "Storm Of Chaos" global event for Warhammer Fantasy, cities were sacked, looted, beseiged... but never destroyed, because they didn't want to affect any story or origin that players had created or would create for their army
    To be fair, cities are extremely hard to destroy things. Throughout history, we've burned entire cities to the ground, slaughtered all their inhabitants, even nuked them...they tend to stick around in spite of this. People build cities in places for a reason, and those reasons don't tend to go away just because we've slaughtered everyone in them, burned every building to ash, or nuked the place into a radioactive crater. People are worse than roaches in this regard.

Oh, I know - look at Troy; when Schliemann's expedition found the location, they found evidence of no less than five different 'Troys' built on top of the ruins of each other. If it's that hard to destroy a simple city, think how hard it would be to 'ruin' a planet without either physically destroying it (Kessik IV, blasted to rubble by the Undine) or rendering it completely uninhabitable (Delta Corvi, thaleron bombed in a 'scorched earth' move by the Remans).

"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User

ruinthefun wrote: »
    Years ago, when Games Workshop did their "Storm Of Chaos" global event for Warhammer Fantasy, cities were sacked, looted, beseiged... but never destroyed, because they didn't want to affect any story or origin that players had created or would create for their army
    To be fair, cities are extremely hard to destroy things. Throughout history, we've burned entire cities to the ground, slaughtered all their inhabitants, even nuked them...they tend to stick around in spite of this. People build cities in places for a reason, and those reasons don't tend to go away just because we've slaughtered everyone in them, burned every building to ash, or nuked the place into a radioactive crater. People are worse than roaches in this regard.

Oh, I know - look at Troy; when Schliemann's expedition found the location, they found evidence of no less than five different 'Troys' built on top of the ruins of each other.

Or Poor Baghdad Great location, but it seems everyone wants it through history.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    There wasn't a war. Why are we rebuilding?
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    dirlettia wrote: »
    the 12 hour downtime is only during the time when rewards are accumulating so no big loss.

... unless it takes longer to fill up the bar than you're thinking.

The question about the maintenance is a legit one. Some of the unlocks for Delta Recruitment took almost the entire allotted time (and maintenance screwed one of those weeks up, IIRC). Twelve hours is a long time to be down, and it sinks most of the Eastern US peeps from playing at all that day.
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    A welcome respite from the normal FE/Event grind; thanks Cryptic! A considerable amount of dilithium was invested in upgrading ships for the rigors of the war, so now those resources can go back into fleet builds for a while, and some of us can take a more casual approach to STO for a few weeks. :D
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013