test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can we even defeat this Mirror Invasion?

So basically, from the Iconian missions, we have seen most of our (Allied) fleet destroyed. 50% were destroyed in a single mission. So we are up to about 80%? 90%? by the end. Depending on how you look at Midnight, maybe we only have 5 ships left, plus our own.
Either way, we basically have nothing left to stop an actual invasion. (I Thought this season was about rebuilding?)

So do you think they will have a terrible story where we DO actually win through combat. Something like, one episode your character kills off 10 Terran ships, pew pew, we won the war, the enemy are scattered and are retreating.

OR

More of a diplomatic win, like we capture Mirror Leeta and they have to leave, or we kidnap the Terran Emperors son and blackmail them, something like that.

OR

It turns out WE are in fact Mirror Terrans, the ONE that saved them back when they were slaves, and we can now order them to go home.

Also, now that the Alliance has been significantly weakened, where are the Breen, the Tholians, any other minor species that wants to pick a fight with us.

What i think should have happened, instead of one massive invasion (that we obviously can't beat because we have no fleet), lots of minor species should have annexed a few planets or systems. A few other planets should have rebelled and succeed. Then we could have had some diplomatic missions where we convince them to come back. And some pew pew missions were we fight off the invaders. Since the invaders are small, we can actually fight them with our depleted fleet. This would actually make sense.
We could explore AND pew pew.

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,099 Community Moderator
    Considering that the Iconian War spanned pretty much the entire galaxy, so I'm sure there were conflicts with the Breen and Tholians that were off screen. Especially the Tholians as they have shown an interest in Iconian tech. As for the Mirror Terrans... depending on how they do it, they may only have a single beachhead in the Badlands, which would act like a choke point. What we have now would probably be enough to bottleneck them.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    Also, I think Kagran was talking about fleets that could take the offense.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    Invasion from the Mirror Universe? Please. We'll just BFAW everything as usual and wait for the next threat Cryptic cooks up.

Watch out for that Feedback Pulse though... :p
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,990 Arc User
    Quote Picton and Wellington at Waterloo, "they come on the same old way", "then we'll beat them in the same old way"
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
      Even during most of the dominion war a number of ships, like the Enterprise E were kept on the home front to defend home worlds. Granted a number of major home worlds were attacked but when the home defense fleets were pulled to the front lines. All of the home worlds were hit in the Iconian war, so it is reasonable that while a vast majority of ships in all fleets were destroyed, there also would have been a massive push to build as many ships as fast as possible. I could see a number of core worlds for all 3 of the major factions being called on to increase production of ships and components. What would be very cool would be if early in the arc a secret mission to the mirror universe was led by your character to not only cripple the terrian empire's ship building abilities, but steal a number of their ships to boost our own fleets.
    • Options
      capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
      We could all put on fake beards then steal their fleet! Two birds, one stone.
    • Options
      farshorefarshore Member Posts: 353 Arc User
      edited October 2015
      Mirror invasions are complicated and easily countered. They also just spent much of their resources fighting the Iconians in their dimension, and while it may be safe to assume their Iconians are dead, our Iconians are still in fighting shape.
    • Options
      warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
      Of course we'll crush another Terran Empire Invasion. Just one press of SPACE and a dozen of their ships are going to be destroyed. Please, this isn't even a contest.
      XzRTofz.gif
    • Options
      legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
      farshore wrote: »
      Mirror invasions are complicated and easily countered. They also just spent much of their resources fighting the Iconians in their dimension, and while it may be safe to assume their Iconians are dead, our Iconians are still in fighting shape.

maybe, but our iconians have absolutely no intention of helping us with our conflicts, so their living status doesn't matter; l'miren all but said 'stay away from us for the next 1-2 thousand years' at the end of midnight​​
      Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
      An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
      A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
      A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
      "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
      Passion and Serenity are one.
      I gain power by understanding both.
      In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
      I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
      The Force is united within me.
    • Options
      fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
      As I understand in the Mirror universe, the Terrans wiped the floor with the Iconians, just opposite as it was in our universe. One can ask who and what is the threat. Are the Terrans just empire builders? If that is the case, their Iconian war is just one of the many.

Taking the mirror analogy. The mirror Iconians are probably not advanced at all and absolutely no threat. Anyway, we have to deal again with a crazy witch. I do think she looks better. I don't mind tagging along with her on a mission and she may do whatever she wants.
    • Options
      coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
      Of course we'll crush another Terran Empire Invasion. Just one press of SPACE and a dozen of their ships are going to be destroyed. Please, this isn't even a contest.

Indeed. I dunno why we're beating around the bush here. We achieved God-like powers ages ago. When is the season of our ascension going to happen?​​
    • Options
      highlord83highlord83 Member Posts: 229 Arc User
      It would certainly be a twist if we start out losing. Earth, Qo'nos and Mol'Rihan conquered, fleets swept aside, and the Alpha-Beta powers scattered, making the first chapter of the next expansion a guerrilla war of survival against a superior foe, with our "exploration" being searching for allies or safe haves to launch attacks against the Terran Empire.
      "So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again."
      -Dedication plaque of the Federation Starship U.S.S. Merkava
    • Options
      adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
      I predict this will be a simple matter of my ships wiping the floor with the mirror universe.
      ZiOfChe.png?1
    • Options
      jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
      Yes we can beat the mirror invasion why?
      Cryptic will put an object out there that we find that makes everything happy happy joy joy again like the iconian war we gave them their little crystal ball and now its all koombyah time.
    • Options
      mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
      The Iconians were beaten by the Mirror Universe, but that doesn't meant hey suffered no heavy losses in doing so, too. Also, at least it used to be that the Mirror Universe couldn't just send any number of ships over -they need special portals and only small numbers of ships can get through at a time - that means even if they have a lot more ships than we did, we might still be able to hold them off.​​
      Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    • Options
      Even when we lose, we never lose.​​
    • Options
      flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
      If we can defeat the ancient Iconian Empire, we can damn well defeat a single Terran faction (unless all the mirror factions are coming at us, but I doubt they'd be able to co-exist, so it's unlikely we'll need to worry about them).

The combined forces of the Federation, Imperials, and Republicans, in addition to potential aid by the Tholian and Dominion, the Terran Empire doesn't stand a chance.
      attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
    • Options
      thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,105 Arc User
      Were doomed.

I'll arrange for someone to sign the surrender documents. Then We'll become part of the Terran Empire /muhahahaha
      2gdi5w4mrudm.png
      Typhoon Class please!
    • Options
      farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
      They will be taken care of with ease. They weak Iconians fell with ease. So they will fall even faster.
      Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
      Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
    • Options
      artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
      Am I not already part of the Terran Empire? I have an Oddy with upgrade hull and yellow markings with anti-proton beams. Is that not Terran enough?​​
      22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
      Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
      JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
      'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
      'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
      '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
      'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
      '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    • Options
      artan42 wrote: »
      Am I not already part of the Terran Empire? I have an Oddy with upgrade hull and yellow markings with anti-proton beams. Is that not Terran enough?

I see no mention of a goatee. Where is your facial hair soldier!?​​
    • Options
      bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
      edited October 2015
      coupaholic wrote: »
      Am I not already part of the Terran Empire? I have an Oddy with upgrade hull and yellow markings with anti-proton beams. Is that not Terran enough?

I see no mention of a goatee. Where is your facial hair soldier!?​​

SBfC4A3.jpg

Happy?
      Tck7dQ2.jpg
      Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
    • Options
      artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
      coupaholic wrote: »

I see no mention of a goatee. Where is your facial hair soldier!?

I tried but I could't fit it on my Oddy. Maybe I'd have better luck on my Olympic, it's practically made for a goatee :D.​​
      22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
      Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
      JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
      'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
      'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
      '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
      'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
      '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    • Options
      fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
      Yeah, In the mirror universe women have beards and men have TRIBBLE, nobody is hot.
    • Options
      gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
      edited October 2015
      fovrel wrote: »
      As I understand in the Mirror universe, the Terrans wiped the floor with the Iconians, just opposite as it was in our universe. One can ask who and what is the threat. Are the Terrans just empire builders? If that is the case, their Iconian war is just one of the many.

Taking the mirror analogy. The mirror Iconians are probably not advanced at all and absolutely no threat. Anyway, we have to deal again with a crazy witch. I do think she looks better. I don't mind tagging along with her on a mission and she may do whatever she wants.

I love how they potrayed Mirror Leeta in assault on Terak Nor, lol. She's gone full Super Villain.

or by crazy witch do you mean... Shut-up-Sela... NOOOOO!!!

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
      Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
      he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
      In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
      He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
      He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
      He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
      He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
    • Options
      leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
      The Terrans also just finished their own Iconian War. They had their own super-weapon in place of the Krenim.

Now, I'm not sure if they have a Romulus or not (I really hope they do; I think that opens up some interesting potential) but they're probably in similarly rough shape to us.
    • Options
      They had their own super-weapon in place of the Krenim.

*cough*pah-wraith leeta*cough*​​
      Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
      "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    • Options
      horizons2052horizons2052 Member Posts: 184 Arc User
      The mirror universe ALSO had a war with the Iconians. Just saying.
    • Options
      The mirror universe ALSO had a war with the Iconians. Just saying.

but unlike us, it sounds like the terrans curbstomped their iconians even without the aid of admiral god (which didn't help us in the slightest) at least according to leeta's monologue as seen below
      Begin personal Log, Admiral Leeta of the Terran Empire warship Fortuna.

The Empire has won the grand battle and the galaxy is ours. The future reached back as we in the present stretched forth our hands to receive the instruments of our dominance. We slew the demons. Crowned in victory, we wield weapons ahead of their time and stand upon the corpse of the Iconian Conclave. All others bow before the might of the Terran Empire. Now it is time for the Empire to extend its reach beyond the veil.

I shall be the one to seize the glory. I shall be the one to seize the power. I will take my stronghold across and lay waste to those who oppose me. I have spilled the blood and the text has been revealed to me. Doubt has been burned away. The way is clear and I am worthy.

Their universe is within my grasp and I will take it.

coincidentally, that's also the same monologue that reveals she was possessed by a pah-wraith​​

#LegalizeAwoo