What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Terran Task Force Reputation

Comments

• Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    deleroux wrote: »
    Also, are we ever going to get the ability to mix-match all these armor sets?

I have heard that, on tribble, this armor set unlocks as uniform costume options rather than a separate dropdown.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    Also, are we ever going to get the ability to mix-match all these armor sets?

I have heard that, on tribble, this armor set unlocks as uniform costume options rather than a separate dropdown.

Don't get your hopes up on that though. We don't have word of whether this is the intended behaviour or not yet. It's most likely it'll get a dropdown of it's own and they just didn't have time to tie it all in before this build got pushed to Tribble.
    ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    If Borticus could hike the flow caps at mk XII to 35, I'd slap that Terran Deflector on my ship in a heartbeat. What do we get at 35? Inertia Dampeners. Boring :s
  • Options
    delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    lucho80 wrote: »
    If Borticus could hike the flow caps at mk XII to 35, I'd slap that Terran Deflector on my ship in a heartbeat. What do we get at 35? Inertia Dampeners. Boring :s

Not especially impressed by the deflector either, though I'm hoping the 4pc bonus might make it worth it? The rest of the space set seems pretty decent overall, I'm especially digging the engines and warp core. A bit undecided about the shield. I'm interested to see how consistently the 3pc shield heal will fire.

I'm looking forward to using the having Resonant, Bio-molecular, Coalition, and Terran Task Force Disruptors working in unison. I wish there was more disruptor synergy and less torp synergy in the munitions set though.

I really wish we could get a preview of the visuals for the space set.
  • Options
    bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    lucho80 wrote: »

Not especially impressed by the deflector either, though I'm hoping the 4pc bonus might make it worth it? The rest of the space set seems pretty decent overall, I'm especially digging the engines and warp core. A bit undecided about the shield. I'm interested to see how consistently the 3pc shield heal will fire.

I'm looking forward to using the having Resonant, Bio-molecular, Coalition, and Terran Task Force Disruptors working in unison. I wish there was more disruptor synergy and less torp synergy in the munitions set though.

I really wish we could get a preview of the visuals for the space set.

Don't forget the Nanite and Elachi Disruptors. >:)
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • Options
    aristocratsupremaristocratsuprem Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    The Terran Ground Armor is DEFINITELY an improvement over the Disco Armor of the last rep.
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    l30p4rd wrote: »
    space set looks very interesting, the ground armour is ugly as hell its a remake of that ugly dyson crud, make some armour that looks functional similar in concept to omega. I understand this is fantasy but even fantasy has its limits on ugliness !

If you don't like the look of the armour disable the visuals I for one think it looks ugly so I would just disable the visuals on it

NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    WTF thats not a batleth go back and watch klingons in TNG and Ds9 they show you what a Batleth looks like. I have no idea what the hell this terran one looks like
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    l30p4rdl30p4rd Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    robeasom wrote: »
    If you don't like the look of the armour disable the visuals I for one think it looks ugly so I would just disable the visuals on it

If I was to use the armour I would disable the visuals regardless I do on most, the only ones I did not disable visuals on were Omega and Counter Command. What I mean is design an armour that does not look like the rest of the recent armours and looks like it might be functional other than looking snazzy down the club !
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    Heh that energy weapon looks a lot like a Tau weapon from warhammer 40k :*

Not as long as a Tau Pulse Rifle, though. Maybe a bit longer than their Pulse Carbine.

• Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,991 Arc User
    How will it compare to the superb Iconian space set?
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      rooster707rooster707 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
      That Bat'leth... SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY
      76561198032353876.png
    • Options
      shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
      Wow everything looks really cool, except maybe that riffle, it's kinda odd looking to me.
      Blocky and not very high techish...
      It might be inspired by H&K's G11...
      soldier.jpg

A shame STO's model designers seem ignorant of the 'bullpup' layout, though...
    • Options
      delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
      WTF thats not a batleth go back and watch klingons in TNG and Ds9 they show you what a Batleth looks like. I have no idea what the hell this terran one looks like

At least I'm not the only one... I was beginning to wonder.
    • Options
      khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
      space set looks very interesting, the ground armour is ugly as hell its a remake of that ugly dyson crud, make some armour that looks functional similar in concept to omega. I understand this is fantasy but even fantasy has its limits on ugliness !

If I was to use the armour I would disable the visuals regardless I do on most, the only ones I did not disable visuals on were Omega and Counter Command. What I mean is design an armour that does not look like the rest of the recent armours and looks like it might be functional other than looking snazzy down the club !

Not sure why I'm seeing people talking about 'disabling visuals' for ground armour. Visuals haven't been tied to the armours for a while now. You don't need to disable anything, just don't go out of your way to make a costume using the armour visual unlocks. :tongue:
      ​​
      Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
      True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    • Options
      yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
      edited October 2015
      The first time I saw the Bat'leth pic, it reminded me of this (Shadow ship from Babylon 5).

latest?cb=20080502211130
    • Options
      argoskrios7xargoskrios7x Member Posts: 4 Arc User
      I'm a little let down on the fact that we are fighting the Mirror vers guys again. It feels like we are beating a dead horse, over and over and over and over and over again
    • Options
      comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
      It's so pretty...

8xJBHeH.jpg
      6tviTDx.png

• Options
      raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
      raj011 wrote: »
      Would be good if we can choose which torpedo launcher to use with the Munitions set. Since also quantums are definitely and possibly transphasic, Federation technology. The Federation use both photons and quantums on their ships.

No one else agrees with me on this?
    • Options
      farshorefarshore Member Posts: 353 Arc User
      Would be good if we can choose which torpedo launcher to use with the Munitions set. Since also quantums are definitely and possibly transphasic, Federation technology. The Federation use both photons and quantums on their ships.

The set was made by a group of Klingons and they don't use quantums.
    • Options
      monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
      edited October 2015

Not sure why I'm seeing people talking about 'disabling visuals' for ground armour. Visuals haven't been tied to the armours for a while now. You don't need to disable anything, just don't go out of your way to make a costume using the armour visual unlocks. :tongue:
      ​​

And you can't enable them either. About the only ground visuals you can enable/disable in the character equipment page are EV suits. Even the visuals for old kits pre-revamp can't be enabled, since those visuals were also added to the tailor. Everything else was moved to the tailor a long time ago. Honestly I like it the way it is since we can actually customize them, to an extent in some cases.

During the recent Crystalline Entity event, I went ahead and sponsored all my characters in reps they needed. I was then able to eventually max out all current reputations on all 15 characters. So I'm all caught up finally. And I still have a tiny bit of dil left to refine on a couple characters at least LoL.

Edited for typos, 'cause I'm a nOOb that can't spell.
    • Options
      edited October 2015
      farshore wrote: »

Even then, keep in mind that the Terran Federation formed out of part of the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance, so many of their guns would still be mostly Disruptors with mostly Photon Torpedoes.
      R E M A I N

• Options
      farshorefarshore Member Posts: 353 Arc User
      bltrrn wrote: »

Even then, keep in mind that the Terran Federation formed out of part of the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance, so many of their guns would still be mostly Disruptors with mostly Photon Torpedoes.

Admittedly, some reputation gear is reverse engineered from the latest adversary, but most of the time it's developed in-house as a countermeasure. The backstory for the new gear is that it was developed by House of Pegh as a counter to the Federation, and since the Terran Empire has a lot in common with the Federation it's only natural.
    • Options
      bltrrn wrote: »

Admittedly, some reputation gear is reverse engineered from the latest adversary, but most of the time it's developed in-house as a countermeasure. The backstory for the new gear is that it was developed by House of Pegh as a counter to the Federation, and since the Terran Empire has a lot in common with the Federation it's only natural.

If it turns out to be totally Klingon, I wonder what lockbox toys will be happening? >:)
      R E M A I N

• Options
      borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
      Finally something to boost torps. +1 for this.
    • Options
      saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,401 Arc User
      edited October 2015
      Wow everything looks really cool, except maybe that riffle, it's kinda odd looking to me.
      soldier.jpg

To be fair, it's more a Star Trek problem in general.
      Weapon (and clothes, let's be honest) ergonomics were never their forte after TOS (seriously, who thought switching from pistol-like weapons with a comfortable hand grip to a remote that forces your wrist into an uncomfortable position to aim was a good idea?).

Then again, Starfleet has some highly questionable regulations. Excluding the 2 Prime Directives, apparently, dressing up as an admiral and answering "that's a stupid question!" when questioned is a valid and efficient way to enter a space station and see the chief medical officer.

#TASforSTO
      Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
    • Options
      angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
      (...)
      Weapon (and clothes, let's be honest) ergonomics were never their forte after TOS (seriously, who thought switching from pistol-like weapons with a comfortable hand grip to a remote that forces your wrist into an uncomfortable position to aim was a good idea?).
      (...)

While the first season Type-II looked kind of weird, the current Type-II doesn't force your wrist in unnatural positions. You just point it straight forward. And it's meant to be a defensive weapon as well as a multi-tool. Because of the whole non-threatening and civil appeal of Starfleet instead of guns and stuff.​​
      lFC4bt2.gif
      ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
      "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
      "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
      "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    • Options
      leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
      soldier.jpg

To be fair, it's more a Star Trek problem in general.

Then again, Starfleet has some highly questionable regulations. Excluding the 2 Prime Directives, apparently, dressing up as an admiral and answering "that's a stupid question!" when questioned is a valid and efficient way to enter a space station and see the chief medical officer.

Going off early TNG and what I've seen of licensee notes, phasers weren't intended primarily as weapons. Roddenberry disliked phasers looking like pistols because he saw weaponized use as a secondary function of them.

They were a detail cutting tool that had secondary utility as a weapon.
    • Options
      gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
      A space weapon radiation bonus, which would include the Hargh'peng, would be welcome.​​
      Joined STO in September 2010.