test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Terran Task Force Reputation

Comments

• Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    Hey ya'll! I uploaded some high-res shots of the Armor and Bat'leth here for you. Enjoy!

~LaughingTrendy

Makes me wish the team would bring back the [Borg] Bat'leth with the Omega Reputation. Or let us upgrade our old ones.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    The armor I may use. However most of the time the graphics are turned off. So you can see my uniform. The rifle I really like. The Bat'leth, my KDF will pass. His blade has TRIBBLE through all kinds of opponents. That blade is part of him!
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    gravoid12gravoid12 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I like the new set so far. Just two suggestions for the ground set. 1) please consider making the rifle a kinetic weapon. Don't see enough ranged ground weapons with that trait.( also consider giving it some good range, 40 meters or so would be nice. You made a very nice rail gun model, please make it function like one. 2) take the low health cloaking field and make it a toggle ability. Would be nice to have a suit with a proper built in cloak generator.

• Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    58360808906ed815eb2334432b2a1d6c1443711658.png
    This looks very much like a rail gun (Think GTA 5.). Is that what the initial concept of a High Density Beam Rifle was supposed to be?

9aad4d397a35d582f90e17748489b0e01443640293.png
    I am going to assume that is the Bat’leth. If so, then what is that small thing below it?
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    sverikeelsverikeel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I was almost, Almost, put off by the fact it was Disruptor based energy weapon damage, but then it redeemed itself with the set proc's..... I Love You Dev's so much right now <3 thankyouthankyouthankyou~ but can there be a revisitation to energy proton weapons for the R&D crafting system, an omnidirectional proton based weapon would be awsome
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2015
    lindaleff wrote: »
    I am going to assume that is the Bat’leth. If so, then what is that small thing below it?

They are both the same Bat'leth. It looks to extend outwards. Sadly the model is not on Tribble yet so I haven't been able to test it. :(

nebfab wrote: »
    cervantes3 wrote: »
    I find regrettable that the helmet doesn't have any transparency. That was a cool feature on the Iconian armor and i expected it to be in all futur armors.
    I am really disappointed on this point, especially when i find that the armor itself is pretty good looking.

If you look carefully, you'd see that helmets are transparent in the shots, although they're heavily tinted and specular bloom hides most of it in the bigger headline picture.

Now that the armour is on Tribble, I can safely say that there is NO transparency on the helmet's visor.
    ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2015
    Dear Borticus:

Would it kill you guys to make the Deflector's flow caps bonus +35 and lower inertial dampeners to +26.5? Most people don't need a big inertial dampeners boost given its diminishing returns. The reason people love the Solanae deflector is for its +35 bonus to part gens.

Please, please, please change those two. This is the one rep set in a looong time that I'd use on my sci ship, it only needs a slight tweak.

Thanks,
    Dracula
    Post edited by lucho80 on
  • Options
    tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    Why the heck don't these reps also have Dual Beam Banks along side arrays and cannons.. I mean really?!?!?!?
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    deleroux wrote: »
    WTB space set visuals.

We really and truly need this. Just a space unlock version of unlocking the Ground Uniforms for use. They literally have all the skins done; just let us unlock it outside of having to equip shields just to have the graphic. Otherwise, they're just wasted as many, myself included, will end up just taking performance over looks when it comes to those otherwise neat skins and visuals locked as item details.

And while they're at it, also just merge all ground Armor unlocks into Uniform or a new Armor category, so we can mix-and-match as needed (and finally get a helmet on a Delta ground armor, whether it's a Vaadwaur helmet, Undine helmet, Hirogen helmet, MACO helmet, Honor Guard Helmet, or Dyson helmet, to name a few).
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    My veredict on the Terran space set:

2 piece bonus - Nice synergy with deflector.

3 piece bonus - Unfortunately, horrible. You're way better off with the shield healing embassy consoles or the solanae 2nd deflector effect on drains for sci ships. The fact that it isn't a drain target+self boost proc makes me question why it's even tied to flow caps.

4 piece bonus - Packs a mean punch on part gens builds, then again, it feels out of place given the set seems to be directed towards flow caps. Hybrid flow+part gens R&D consoles are the only ones that make sense for this.
  • Options
    farshorefarshore Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    Is the Bat'leth part of the set?
  • Options
    delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    The Bat'leth and Rifle both look a bit weird to me. The idea of a collapsable bat'leth is cool, but that just doesn't look very menacing, as bat'leths go. And the rifle just looks like a really long rectangle with a handle.

Maybe they'll look better in game, but from the screenshots, they don't look particularly impressive.

Also, are we ever going to get the ability to mix-match all these armor sets?
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    lindaleff wrote: »

Same one, but collapsed.

Just looked on Tribble and the graphics aren't in. But the outfit is. And not sure if it's temporary, but so far you can mix with other uniforms and if you just have the arm pieces, it looks like you got a cybernetic arm. So hope this stays.
    Post edited by azurianstar on
  • Options
    keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Hey ya'll! I uploaded some high-res shots of the Armor and Bat'leth here for you. Enjoy!

~LaughingTrendy

You guys sure that's a disruptor rifle? :smile:

It reminds me of a gauss rifle / railgun a lot :smiley:
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • Options
    hawkyenarasumashawkyenarasumas Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    hypl wrote: »
    Rifles again? Are we ever going to get a ground set with a pistol/dual pistols?
    This, please. I would love to run dual pistols/split beam rifle again.
    ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
    Admiral Hawkye L. Narasumas
    Commanding Officer, NX-91883 U.S.S. Harmony - Prometheus Class Custom Variant
    Fleet Commander, No Fate

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
  • Options
    minna118minna118 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Isn't this stuff from the same house that got their Emperor killed and bailed so fast that we couldn't complete at least most of our "mission"?
  • Options
    dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    Bah more covariant shields and rifles. Where is the differsity in that? Isn't it a mirror universe ? What about some crazy mirror stuff ? Instead high capacity shields, high reg shields. Instead huge rifless, what about small pistols ?
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Great visuals on the armor & weapons though the kits seem rather lackluster for engi & sci.
    Where tac gets a mini photon torpedo with AoE damage engi & sci only get another load of stuff they already have... :/ .

Also, HOLY SH*T those T4 space traits! I'm gonna abuse the hell out of this. >:)
  • Options
    luddimusluddimus Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    I like the railgun idea, and finally something nice for my tac on the ground......micro torps :smiley:
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    The Batleth is something I will get and really interested in the ground armour and space set for my rom and kdf now all we need is a T6 BOP and T'varo and we will be happy factions
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mav75mav75 Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    Nice.
    The armor draws cues from the Terminus Assault Armor from ME2.
    The Picatinny rail on the gun needs to move to the carrying handle be of any use.
  • Options
    l30p4rdl30p4rd Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    space set looks very interesting, the ground armour is ugly as hell its a remake of that ugly dyson crud, make some armour that looks functional similar in concept to omega. I understand this is fantasy but even fantasy has its limits on ugliness !
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User

~LaughingTrendy

I've been using your Enterprise-C wallpaper since the Ambassador class was added to the game for that anniversary event.

I just found me a new wallpaper.

All hail T'Ket!
  • Options
    lordinsanelordinsane Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    minna118 wrote: »
    Isn't this stuff from the same house that got their Emperor killed and bailed so fast that we couldn't complete at least most of our "mission"?
    I think the thing to remember that incompetence in action is not the same thing as being poorly equipped.
  • Options
    danielhunter1991danielhunter1991 Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    I like the look of the new ground kit.
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    Daaang, but that rifle is an unwieldy monster. Any chance we could get a carbine version with 6" of barrel lopped off? That'd be perfect. :)
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    Dear designer, the armor front doesn't work, it is NOT combat effective
    reasons
    If I look down suddenly, I run the risk of smashing my face into the pointy chest
    If I have to crawl on the ground (its not a game mechanic) it wont work the angled metal spikey chest would interfere horribly
    I would be afraid to grab anyone friendly to pull them out of harms way due to stabbing them with my own chest

Please smooth the front chest of rhino doom out please, the armor looks great overall but that chest angle design thingy just killed it for me.
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• Options
    valorcallsvalorcalls Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Why no Hirogen related rep release yet?
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Wow everything looks really cool, except maybe that riffle, it's kinda odd looking to me.
    Blocky and not very high techish... I betcha it'll be the best weapon eva tho, just cause it looks odd to me :p

That batleth's looks sick !
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    valorcalls wrote: »
    Why no Hirogen related rep release yet?

Because the Hirogen armor is already in the Lobi store.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png