test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game locks up transfering between areas - stuck at 4041

When I transition from one place to another (for example Beta to Sol), if the screen stops at 40.41, 99% of the time it locks up. I have to reboot my PC to get it to do anything.

Comments

• walegrinwalegrin Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Same prob with me. When I do finally get in, it locks up after about 5 minutes.
  • jazzmagjazzmag Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    I'm getting the same, no problems game wise but hangs with no error on loading splash screen. Most of the time it seems to be when i'm leaving somewhere (warping to sector) but it has happened when transitioning mid mission.
  • dsosebeedsosebee Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    I've been having this same problem for months now - random loading screens hanging at 40-41%. A few days ago, quite by accident, I seem to have discovered a cure for it, at least for myself. I was experiencing this hangup anywhere from 2-10 times per day, but since implimenting this change I haven't had a single hangup or crash. Hopefully this will help others having this problem:

Go to Options -> Advanced (in the game)
    Turn the Reduced File Streaming option ON and apply changes.

That single change seems to have fixed it for me, at least so far - 3 days now with NO loading screen lockups.
  • lkloozelklooze Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    dsosebee wrote: »
    I've been having this same problem for months now - random loading screens hanging at 40-41%. A few days ago, quite by accident, I seem to have discovered a cure for it, at least for myself. I was experiencing this hangup anywhere from 2-10 times per day, but since implimenting this change I haven't had a single hangup or crash. Hopefully this will help others having this problem:

That single change seems to have fixed it for me, at least so far - 3 days now with NO loading screen lockups.

I just tried this 'fix' and it has worked for me as well...I used to go non-responsive every time I tried to switch to a toon in fed academy, but I was just able to log in to all 4 toons with no problems...
    Thanks for the 'fix'
  • darthwoodarthwoo Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    I checked, and it was already on for me, so unfortunately that won't really do much in my case.
  • dsosebeedsosebee Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    lklooze wrote: »
    dsosebee wrote: »

I just tried this 'fix' and it has worked for me as well...I used to go non-responsive every time I tried to switch to a toon in fed academy, but I was just able to log in to all 4 toons with no problems...
    Thanks for the 'fix'

Happy to see it at least helped some people. Still zero hangups here after over a week now.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,804 Community Moderator
    The file streaming suggestion didn't work for me but changing to the US proxy server did. I still get an occasional hang but nothing out of the ordinary like before.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • fletch57fletch57 Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    turned on file streaming,still hangs on map transfer.