Install Arc

Announcing Season 11 - New Dawn!

Comments

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,782 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    voporak wrote: »
    I'm not hyped.

Neither am I; and if the rumors pertaining to there being an emphasis on the Mirror Universe are true, I'll be very disappointed.
    well, we're not getting Emperor Tiberius, or(the awesome) Empress Sato. We're getting Admiral Leeta. So that says a good bit about the spin this season will have. :D Also I'm hoping it will finally explain why there is a Terran dread named Stadi.... Oh and I would LOVE to see Stadi too! :P

Three Cheers for Empress Sato's and her navel. :#
    latest?cb=20120318174143&path-prefix=en

If by some miracle she's still alive in 2410 i am positive her navel is the last thing we ever want to see.​​

You obvious do not understand the power of a really good navel. :p
    latest?cb=20130729212843
    Uhura understood that power. ;)

Be on your guard, captains, for the Mirror Universe has truly mastered the art of navel warfare.

This guy gets it.
    11th-Doctor-bowtiesarecool.jpg

f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    I'm not hyped.

Neither am I; and if the rumors pertaining to there being an emphasis on the Mirror Universe are true, I'll be very disappointed.
    well, we're not getting Emperor Tiberius, or(the awesome) Empress Sato. We're getting Admiral Leeta. So that says a good bit about the spin this season will have. :D Also I'm hoping it will finally explain why there is a Terran dread named Stadi.... Oh and I would LOVE to see Stadi too! :P

If by some miracle she's still alive in 2410 i am positive her navel is the last thing we ever want to see.​​

You obvious do not understand the power of a really good navel. :p
    latest?cb=20130729212843
    Uhura understood that power. ;)

Be on your guard, captains, for the Mirror Universe has truly mastered the art of navel warfare.

*blink blink*

Tess, load neutronic torpedoes, full spread.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I'm not hyped.

Sort of like that tattoo she had on her thigh. What, you didn't know she had one???? ;)
    I just notice that there's stuff happening on the bridge view screen! Is that going to be a new feature or strictly a cut scene sort of thing?
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I just notice that there's stuff happening on the bridge view screen! Is that going to be a new feature or strictly a cut scene sort of thing?

I've a few ships that had different things on the main viewer, but I think it was more of a cut scene sort of thing. Would be cool if there were cut scenes in the upcoming episodes like the one with the Captain shown in the trailer (as in in-game cut scenes, to clarify).
  • keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Some first contact missions / encounters could play out on your bridge, for added immersion, through the main viewer.

If they could put in the mechanic they used to make that trailer, the bridge view of ESD and the Ico ships.

For example people could have encounters that they could talk their way out of, with the commendations improving their odds
    • Diplomacy commendation adding extra options / increasing your chances of a positive outcome (failure could even force a map transition into ship view for a fight) - we've actually seen the first half of that [sort of] implemented here and there (see DS9 episode "Second Wave")
    • Trade could get you better deals or set up trade treaties / contracts with factions like the Deferi and Ferengi
    • Espionage, Military, Exploration, Science, Engineering and Ops to advise away team members from their respective departments

All from the bridge. Heck seeing members of the away team wouldn't even be necessary, just say... the layout of the ship / settlement / base they're on, and dots could represent each away team member and their status (blue - shielded, red - no shield) and a faction-specific icon beneath the dot to indicate department, but this adds some significant complexity. Some "audio only" (which would be text of course) communications could also be added.

It would add some variety to the episodes :smile: As well as making your interrior matter a bit more.

Of course, not all encounters. In case of system patrols like Acamar, where ship combat is bound to happen regardless of the outcome, transitioning to the bridge to talk first every time we play it, would add some significant loading screen time in the long run.

Maybe have a random set of "bridge encounters" every few hours, and people could be notified of any new stuff to do when they visit the bridge?

I'm hoping New Dawn will eventually lead to something like this / similar.

/brainstorming off

^^
    Post edited by kelettes on
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • zal1313zal1313 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I wish they had a ship zoo. Some place I could drop off my non combat pets. Plus I think It would be cool to see them runing around your ship.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    This is just my opinion but the negh'var they made which I love only reason I've really logged in at all these days. It was stated many years to come out before it did. So being that I have way too many battle cruisers, not interested in raptors because they don't have anything special about them. So it might take another 1 - 5 years for new bops to come out but I'm pretty much going to let my resources collect dust before I buy anymore TRIBBLE I don't really want or need.
  • megawolf0megawolf0 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Somehow I'm curious what the mirror version of our characters doing?
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    Has there been an actual date set for the release of Season 11 yet?
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    IIRC, we have no exact release date yet.
    My bet is on "sometime in october" or "maybe september".
    They did start teasing us with blogs about new stuff (like the Counterpoint space queue), so it's not far.
    Trendy also mentioned "some big stuff coming very shortly" B4 she took off for a vacation until 9/9 :smile:
    Post edited by kelettes on
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    Looks like we may be seeing the mirror DS9 by the looks of the counterpoint blog
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,818 Arc User
    Hopefully we will get a chance to visit the Mirror DS9 as well. I also hope the STO team take the time to add in a station that is long overdue for being added as a social zone. Empok Nor!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    Uh.... The True Way live at Empok Nor now.....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    not anymore; we kicked them out during The Long Night and destroyed what little defenses the station had so they wouldn't keep using it as a base​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • oxbassoxbass Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    stevvi11 wrote: »
    I for one wouldn't mind waiting a little longer if it means less server issues. This weekend I could hardly play as the I kept getting disconnected from the server and the LAG was TERRIBLE!!!. No weekend relief if course and I have lost several items :(! With all that being said I am looking forward to the new content release. And before anyone chimes in this was the only game I have issues with the server this weekend. All other games ran just fine.

This^^^^^^^

I couldn't even log on this past weekend, for either STO or NW. I figured their concurrent events had the servers borked, so I muddled around in Skyrim and CoH...

I'm a casual player who's only been here for about a year, so I'm already so backed-up on content/seasons/episodes that I really don't have a dog in that fight. The new ships & gadgets are cool bones they toss out there to keep people happy and support the in-game economy (and my Fed engie LOVES her shiny new Andromeda), but overall development seems to follow the standard, modern "unsustainable growth" paradigm at the expense of the game's RW infrastructure. It would be nice if these larger issues were addressed along with the minutiae bug fixes. Not my call.

If New Horizons focuses more on "New Worlds and New Civilizations" rather than pew-pew-pew grind-fests, that would be nice, at least for us roleplayers. We shall see. As far as the Admiralty goes, the first thing which popped into my mind when I heard about it was Sword Coast Adventures, from Neverwinter. It makes sense, the ships already have a tier designation to determine ability sets for the dice rolls, etc. The similarities between the two games makes for a lot of cross pollinization, and I'd love to see some more NW features in STO and vice-versa (or maybe just a functioning gateway...). Sure, it would be quite cool to have your own space flotilla to posse around with like you can with your boffs on ground-side missions, turning single-player PVE into non co-op STF, and STF's into bona-fide co-op fleet actions, but implementing that might be problematic. Or at least implementing it well, without just ratcheting up the spam factor in regard to enemies and so forth. Not to mention the afore-mentioned infrastructure issues. Anyway, this is all just pie in the sky until Cryptic/PWE figures out the most optimal way to monetize it.
    not anymore; we kicked them out during The Long Night and destroyed what little defenses the station had so they wouldn't keep using it as a base​​
    Yeah, but it'd be kinda awkward having it as a social zone... and a mission map. Granted, Terok Nor does that too, but that is in the context of a temporary enemy occupation. In the case of Empok Nor, the True Way control it at the start of the game's story. Then later players change that.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • amahoodreturnsamahoodreturns Member Posts: 42 Arc User

Ok, I'm still leveling up my toons since my return to STO, and am just "coming to grips" with all the changes that have been done already, yet.... now there's going to be another new change? using our unused ships? like, again they are going to change things , and of course I can't stop them, as no one is able to, it seems they change things even with alot of players saying "DON'T DO IT!! " .... ahem....

Personally, I prefer things kept simple, and when it comes to my ships, if I want to fly one of my other ships sometimes, then I will, and I do at times, depending on my mood, now I don't know too much about the new changes they are going to make, yet from what have read from alot of comments here and such, it sounds like another new annoyance... sigh..... I wonder if the creators ever think about tv shows, which did good until the show changed things, such as changed the actors or theme of the show and it went down hill....

That would be a good lesson for sto to observe before they make the same mistake/s too often. I don't bother with the reputation system, except for the borg one and the rom one, i have no clue still how these specialization skills work , and i don't intend to find out.

At the "end of the day", all I want is to log into STO, fly my ship , do some missions, with good stories , and that's it. Fly the ship I want to fly, level my characters up the easy way , without having to do all this other stuff,
    and just have fun. But it's not fun, if you have to do all these other things... So I don't bother with the new stuff, I just play the missions, and fly around.

What will be really stupid , is if they make it so you Have to fly your old ships for certain missions, that would be utterly TRIBBLE.

Anyhow Live long and all that... PEACE!!!

• wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    half arsed and nothing essentially new or game-progressin. indeed only slightly additions on a well known path and after a well-known pattern (in this case: hype on the "ur ships/admirality" thingie/focus on a least effort aspect, hype on the "exploration" aspect, bet on new uber-gear and stuff allover, ......., ............, ................................, ..........................................).
    in germany we got a sayin': "was hänschen nicht lernt, lernt hans nimmermehr". (engl.:"what 'lil hans doesn't learn, grown up hans won't ever learn"; in this sense i really hope this will be my last post in here ever lol)
    i feel sad for the great work of some teammembers while under such a management :(.

so, from my pov:
    - ships and gear are not content, they're additions
    - the quality of real content is defined over the quality of the games' mechanics and additions ("balance")
    - content gets killed by bad mechanics, uber-additions and uneven payouts

disclaimer: this post is labelled as honest feedback. get the troll-flag elsewhere plz, thx! and, after all these years, someone may pay me the time it took to write this (again and again and....) :P.
    Post edited by wast33 on
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    U5frIXi.jpg
    ​​

Hmm just noticed this not doom or gloom ortherwise i wouldve staed gloom or doom in the right context of gloom or doom by saying gloom or doom but since i didnt say gloom or doom then its not gloom or doom understand?

Anyways what i was driving at is the fact when you deal with cryptic idk just makes you feel dirty for buying anything from them ,kinda like the feeling you get from buying a car from a shoddy used car salesman.

I personally would wish they would tell us what is going to be added to the market early on so i could either say i want to get it and save the cash or say i will pass.
    beameddown wrote: »
    well, season 11

congrats on getting to it, wrapin the story up, getting ready to go in a new story direction:)

congrats on more solo play content to come (the admiral system LOL, sounds like a bloated doff system from what I can gather)

congrats on the game running worse (lag, glitches, etc.. perhaps season 11 will fix all that, but many of us have been crossing our fingers for season after season after season that they will do it.. but it never happens LOL!!)

suppose a bunch of folks are excited about the new ships... the bulk of them being just rehashes of ships we already had in game just.. buying them again is all (gotta catch them all right?)

ah well, who knows
    perhaps season 11 will be the best season ever

I hope for the sake of those that still log in daily
    I think cryptic owes you all that much at this point, after all the years of glitches, lag, pay us ships, tired content, etc they owe those players that continue to play a great season

for those players that still continue to log in daily, you guys should really think about what you would like to see in season 11-

come up with what you think would be good improvements to the game, things that would make you happen, etc and voice them to cryptic

who knows right? perhaps some other folks will want the exact same thing as you do and speak up too, perhaps there will be enough folks that cryptic will take notice and implement it over season 11

cause really, at this point? this game is about you
    those that open the wallet, those that still log in

I wish you all the best of luck in season 11;)

Sorry did you say something? I was distracted by your sig image. :p;)

beameddown wrote: »
    well, season 11

congrats on getting to it, wrapin the story up, getting ready to go in a new story direction:)

congrats on more solo play content to come (the admiral system LOL, sounds like a bloated doff system from what I can gather)

congrats on the game running worse (lag, glitches, etc.. perhaps season 11 will fix all that, but many of us have been crossing our fingers for season after season after season that they will do it.. but it never happens LOL!!)

suppose a bunch of folks are excited about the new ships... the bulk of them being just rehashes of ships we already had in game just.. buying them again is all (gotta catch them all right?)

ah well, who knows
    perhaps season 11 will be the best season ever

I hope for the sake of those that still log in daily
    I think cryptic owes you all that much at this point, after all the years of glitches, lag, pay us ships, tired content, etc they owe those players that continue to play a great season

for those players that still continue to log in daily, you guys should really think about what you would like to see in season 11-

come up with what you think would be good improvements to the game, things that would make you happen, etc and voice them to cryptic

who knows right? perhaps some other folks will want the exact same thing as you do and speak up too, perhaps there will be enough folks that cryptic will take notice and implement it over season 11

cause really, at this point? this game is about you
    those that open the wallet, those that still log in

I wish you all the best of luck in season 11;)
    Sorry did you say something? I was distracted by your sig image. :p;)
    OOH! Squirrel! :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    Is Admiralty supposed to be a way for the fanboys to rationalize all the overpriced ships they've bought? Or just another pay-wall barrier to entry grind for newer players?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    "Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed, Cryptic. The ability to pass off half-baked content as a new season is insignificant next to the power of angry customers who have no confidence left in you."

Found this on a reddit post. Seems appropriate.
  • zal1313zal1313 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I Hope they don't do the Delta Grinding thing and make a TRIBBLE load of sector patrols. Please make story missions. No more sector patrol missions.
    zal1313 wrote: »
    I Hope they don't do the Delta Grinding thing and make a TRIBBLE load of sector patrols. Please make story missions. No more sector patrol missions.

Sector Patrols are good for one thing, at least...

I'm using several now to boost up the Starship Mastery of new ships. :)

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    zal1313 wrote: »

Patrol missions are fine, as long as they aren't part of the story arc. However, using patrols as filler for an already abysmal story is what we call, "LAZY".
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Well, what would you have done with them? Make them stand-alone stories with no relevance to the main story at all?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    Well, what would you have done with them? Make them stand-alone stories with no relevance to the main story at all?

Yeah... A mission about the Vaadwaur attacking the Zahl would of been cool.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!