test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ships of the Line 2016 Calendar now available, including some STO related content.

2»

Comments

• Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    Since the Ship of the Line calendar is also a licensed product, I doubt they would TRIBBLE that up.​​

You never know, Mustrum. Sometimes the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing.
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,508 Arc User
    fuzzym0dem wrote: »
    daveyny wrote: »
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I'm well aware of Star Citizen. I just don't know if it will be F2P friendly or not considering my financial situation.

It's already a massive PTW game, don't count on it being F2P.

You can play multi-player for $10 one time cost with no monthly fee, as long as you don't mind working on someone else's crew and saving up game credits for a ship of your own. Everything will be purchasable in game.

And yes, ambitious games take a lot of time. I personally hope they don't rush.

Wait what? "Someones crew"? Is that SC speak for a guild/fleet or did they at some point decided to bring in some real ships? Not those tin-cans with a cockpit; big stuff. Battleships with x thousand crew and a bridge. I'm too old to go back into a 'pit. :P
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I'm well aware of Star Citizen. I just don't know if it will be F2P friendly or not considering my financial situation.

You can play multi-player for $10 one time cost with no monthly fee, as long as you don't mind working on someone else's crew and saving up game credits for a ship of your own. Everything will be purchasable in game.

Wait what? "Someones crew"? Is that SC speak for a guild/fleet or did they at some point decided to bring in some real ships? Not those tin-cans with a cockpit; big stuff. Battleships with x thousand crew and a bridge. I'm too old to go back into a 'pit. :P

There are some big ships but not 'thousands' (yet). Most multi-crew ships are 2-5 crewed. A few get up to 12 or so I think. So yeah, if your buddy bought a ship, you could get to be his co-pilot.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    You only need to buy the game when it's released (or Pledge now for a package that includes the game and a starter ship; and you'll have full access to the 'Persistent Universe' server (no monthly subscription required.) The game will also come with a single player (aka Wing Commander like) single player campaign.

All ships in the game will be purchasable with the in game currency (UEC) - which can be earned in game. They also will be selling UEC for real world currency but plan to cap how much you can purchase per account in a month; and also plan to offer paid DLCs - which will be other single player campaigns your character can take part in.

TLDR; It will be a 'buy once - get full access to the Server, with the ability to purchase in game currency for convenience; or earn in game currency by just playing the game itself.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    fuzzym0demfuzzym0dem Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    1: are you sure you understood the rules.

I would say that point is mute at this point, don't you agree?
    2: how would that prevent him from submitting it? he's NOT submitting it to a different company.

Because those who entered the DTNE contest surrendered their rights to the work. Even if it was the same company (which it's not BTW), it's CBS's property now. So unless CBS was the one to contact him and give him the calander slot, I would think that would be a violation of the DTNE contract. But since the 2016 Calander is already published, that's their problem. But here, the thread should be at least moved to the fan section since this has nothing to do with STO in the broad sense of the term.
    Since the Ship of the Line calendar is also a licensed product, I doubt they would TRIBBLE that up.​​

I actually submitted something else I had made exclusively for the calendar, a kind-of gimmicky "try to find the all the cloaked birds of prey" image, but I was contacted by CBS, and while they didn't want that one, they requested this piece specifically, and I was, of course, happy to oblige.
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    So if I get this correctly, you didn't violate the DTNE agreement in entering your design in another contest, but CBS approached you to be in the Calander?
  • Options

There are some big ships but not 'thousands' (yet). Most multi-crew ships are 2-5 crewed. A few get up to 12 or so I think. So yeah, if your buddy bought a ship, you could get to be his co-pilot.

Yeah. My fleet for instance is comprised of six vessels that will require a total of 15 crew. I could hire NPCs, but I'll always prefer to hire real players, especially as pilots and gunners. (I'm less picky when it comes to grease monkeys and cargo bay laborers.)
    Got the Calendar today along with the 2016 TOS one.
    Both very nice!
    B)

Cool! How is the print quality?
    "STO-Related", as in that one dude's awful looking bucket of a ship with the fugly neck and glued on engineering section and pinched-sphincter deflector that he was delusional enough to think was Enterprise-F material, and got butthurt when few people on deviantart/Trekbbs shared his love for every single horrible aspect of it.

I liked it. Cryptic seemed to like it too; they made the command cruisers look real close to it.

Now Fuzzy's Star Citizen ship... I wasn't a fan of that. I'm really not a fan of asymmetry.

There must be exceptions. What about the Millennium Falcon?

• Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    There must be exceptions. What about the Millennium Falcon?

Not really a fan of the MF either. Though it's not horribly asymmetric. Just has the cockpit off to the side.

Star Wars has many odd-ball ships. Many seem to have needlessly moving/rotation parts.
    Same goes for the JJ Trek Jellyfish. It'd be at home in a galaxy far far away.

• Options
    aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    "STO-Related", as in that one dude's awful looking bucket of a ship with the fugly neck and glued on engineering section and pinched-sphincter deflector that he was delusional enough to think was Enterprise-F material, and got butthurt when few people on deviantart/Trekbbs shared his love for every single horrible aspect of it.
    That's quite the angry run-on sentence you have there.
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • Options
    seansamurai1seansamurai1 Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    null
    It's not a p2w game at all (SC that is).
  • Options
    Just has the cockpit off to the side.

And the radar dish. I really like asymmetry because it's challenging, and when done correctly produces something iconic by virtue of uniqueness.
  • Options
    Anyone else notice that the Falcon's dish in SW7 is now rectangular btw?
  • Options
    joc#8855 joc Member Posts: 39 New User
    You're just grinding your own TRIBBLE to get your ship of your ddream without little ffort but instead you could build it from strat to finish in Space Engineers and be proud of it but no, you need some jigglypuff level editor like tacofangs to do it for you because you're lazy as TRIBBLE.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    No, but it might make sense - the Falcon lost in Episode VI, right?​​
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    No, but it might make sense - the Falcon lost in Episode VI, right?​​
    Oh yeah, I forget how many pieces it was in at the end of that. Didn't the rebels give Han a small cargo ship or something as a temporary replacement? *looks it up* Enh, the wiki seems to think it wasn't destroyed. So the square dish is simply a replacement part.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Rectangular Dish:
    Bandai-Force-Awakens-Model-Kit-Millennium-Falcon-1.jpg

Makes her a bit sleeker.
    Post edited by fuzzym0dem on
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    No, but it might make sense - the Falcon lost in Episode VI, right?
    Oh yeah, I forget how many pieces it was in at the end of that. Didn't the rebels give Han a small cargo ship or something as a temporary replacement? *looks it up* Enh, the wiki seems to think it wasn't destroyed. So the square dish is simply a replacement part.

It's fine by the end of the film (minus the dish).​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    artan42 wrote: »
    No, but it might make sense - the Falcon lost in Episode VI, right?

It's fine by the end of the film (minus the dish).​​

And Lando promised she wouldn't get a scratch. Tsk, tsk.