test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Login errors

Been trying to login to STO. What is happening is the launcher take about 2 minutes to connect to the account server. Once I'm connected and login, I get login2_timeout error or it will login but the connection is so bad I just get server not responding error.

I have check and ran the trace route and pathping both come back with no high pings or packet loss. This has started on Friday 8/28. I'm running on comcast with nortons.

I have turned nortons off just to check if that was causing the problem. I was still getting the same issues even with nortons turn off.

Any ideas anyone?

Comments

• Options
    gehennarusegehennaruse Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I am getting this same error all morning long.
  • Options
    lwbluemaxlwbluemax Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    So am I
  • Options
    rononmarononma Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Same since last night.
    ~Sent via Carrier Pigeon~
  • Options
    dawnpromisedawnpromise Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    At the same time I developed the same issue. Ive tried everything shot of uninstalling to try and make it work.
    Stellarum, mea sunt
    The Stars are Mine.
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    Uninstalling won't help, this is a network issue. We could still be feeling the effects of the Level3 outage although from doing a tracert that last jump before getting to the patch server is completely timing out.
  • Options
    dawnpromisedawnpromise Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    Ah you ruined my fake hope. guess Ill have to go be a Jedi for a while till my Gorn returns.
    Stellarum, mea sunt
    The Stars are Mine.
  • Options
    vandyfoxvandyfox Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    yes same for me, the 2nd to last hop timesout everytime. Sometimes I can get into the game itself but the performance is so bad it is pointless to try and play.
  • Options
    jbraley1jbraley1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I've been affected as well. At least i know it just isn't me.
  • Options
    giannicampanellagiannicampanella Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    Level3, the ISP of north American ISPs, exploded. The interwebz itself is broken. It's the end of the world.

http://www.neowin.net/news/level3-suffering-major-outages-effects-are-felt-worldwide
    Greenbird
  • Options
    cowdoc0077cowdoc0077 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    That neowin posting was 2 days ago...
    I am from the NE area, and ping tests and tracert tests are all fine. Logging into 5 other MMO's are fine. Cryptic servers are broken.
  • Options
    buffer4buffer4 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I'm also getting Login_2 Timeout Errors, I've disalbled my Firewall, restarted my Modem and Router and even unistalled and re-installed the game. I've noticed the issue since last night and it has still not been resolved.
    From what I've seen it seems to be an isuue on PWE's end with the servers and not my equipment.
  • Options
    kmfrye2001kmfrye2001 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    8:00 PM EST and having the same problem.
  • Options
    mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    I'm having similar issues since last night using Comcast . That last IP (Line 19) that it times out on says its Cryptic Studios according to Whois. All my other games run fine.

Tracing route to patchserverrebirth.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.0.1
    2 9 ms 9 ms 8 ms 96.120.21.5
    3 10 ms 30 ms 9 ms Te7-0-0-12-sur02.deerwood.fl.jacksvil.comcast.net [68.85.94.53]
    4 12 ms 11 ms 11 ms te-0-4-0-13-ar02.southside.fl.jacksvil.comcast.net [68.87.164.193]
    5 11 ms 11 ms 11 ms te-0-6-0-1-ar02.westside.fl.jacksvil.comcast.net [68.86.168.137]
    6 23 ms 23 ms 22 ms be-33489-cr02.56marietta.ga.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.95.49]
    7 54 ms 44 ms 42 ms be-11314-cr01.dallas.tx.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.85.21]
    8 57 ms 57 ms 56 ms be-11317-cr02.denver.co.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.84.230]
    9 79 ms 55 ms 54 ms ae-18-0-pe01.910fifteenth.co.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.82.2]
    10 57 ms 56 ms 56 ms te0-0-0-0.rcr11.b006467-1.den01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.10.33]
    11 56 ms 55 ms 56 ms te0-1-0-3.ccr22.den01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.83.33]
    12 59 ms 60 ms 61 ms be2130.ccr22.mci01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.26.122]
    13 62 ms 60 ms 61 ms be2157.ccr42.ord01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.6.118]
    14 68 ms 68 ms 68 ms be2185.ccr22.cle04.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.43.178]
    15 80 ms 72 ms 73 ms be2189.ccr22.alb02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.43.185]
    16 76 ms 94 ms 74 ms be2302.ccr22.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.43.13]
    17 75 ms 74 ms 75 ms te0-0-0-0.rcr11.b002133-1.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.46.130]
    18 73 ms 76 ms 73 ms 38.111.40.114
    19 75 ms 79 ms 82 ms 198.49.243.253
    20 * * * Request timed out.
    21 74 ms 73 ms 74 ms patchserverrebirth.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]

Trace complete.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • Options
    tarintdftarintdf Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    having these problems also.... i managed after about 8 tries to get CCA done on two toons.... then i gave up.

(thats me being logged in when it finishes so i can get credit and get my shard, not placing or doing much)
  • Options
    giannicampanellagiannicampanella Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    How dare you blame Cryptic for problems totally beyond their control? Show some respect! Every day, all day, they are working hard to provide the best user experience possible.
    Greenbird
  • Options
    janack42janack42 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Found this thread over on the Neverwinter side of Cryptic. Disseminating information for others.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1203025/connection-issues-read-this-please
  • Options
    gehennarusegehennaruse Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    How dare you blame Cryptic for problems totally beyond their control? Show some respect! Every day, all day, they are working hard to provide the best user experience possible.
    You have things seriously confused because of this "Corporate worship apologist" routine you are doing.

I don't have to verbally attack Cryptic. I have not, nor will I.

However <comma>

People *pay* for a service with this game. And for some people, in fact many people - this will be the *only* game they can afford to pay for in a month - once per month. So this whining you are doing for Cryptic (which I do not believe they need any sort of cheerleader), is fairly ignorant of the frustrations people have when they cannot enjoy what may very well be the only financial indulgence they can afford every month.

Also,

The people at Cryptic are PAID TO DO WORK - ALL DAY EVERY DAY - and last I checked, there aren't many corporations that expect anything less than HARD WORK.

So, how dare you be so ignorant of people's frustrations and post some silly defense of Cryptic message when they don't need you nor employ you for that job. But good going.

There are people who will not be able to complete the Crystalline Catastrophe special event, and there will be people who were unable to utilize their ONE MONTH of gold to its full potential because of this down time and believe me, many people get GOLD intermittently as they can afford it and really want to maximize the use of that GOLD membership for 30 or 31 days.

This downtime does not have to be Cryptic's fault - people will vent frustrations because it makes them feel better and literally hurts no one.

Finally, the truth is this:

Unless you are in the offices with Cryptic employee's monitoring their work habits, then you are literally clueless. about how much work they do all day every day.

How dare someone blame cryptic? How dare you care about someone venting to a corporation about the lack of service they are getting?

So utterly seriously childish. I avoided this post when I first saw it, but seriously. Grow up, be your own person, and stop defending corporate entities.

LOL "How dare you"... LOL .. Ignorance + Drama = fail.

• Options
    realastheearthrealastheearth Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Epicly put and utterly brilliant.
  • Options
    walegrinwalegrin Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    You have things seriously confused because of this "Corporate worship apologist" routine you are doing.

I don't have to verbally attack Cryptic. I have not, nor will I.

However <comma>

People *pay* for a service with this game. And for some people, in fact many people - this will be the *only* game they can afford to pay for in a month - once per month. So this whining you are doing for Cryptic (which I do not believe they need any sort of cheerleader), is fairly ignorant of the frustrations people have when they cannot enjoy what may very well be the only financial indulgence they can afford every month.

Also,

The people at Cryptic are PAID TO DO WORK - ALL DAY EVERY DAY - and last I checked, there aren't many corporations that expect anything less than HARD WORK.

So, how dare you be so ignorant of people's frustrations and post some silly defense of Cryptic message when they don't need you nor employ you for that job. But good going.

There are people who will not be able to complete the Crystalline Catastrophe special event, and there will be people who were unable to utilize their ONE MONTH of gold to its full potential because of this down time and believe me, many people get GOLD intermittently as they can afford it and really want to maximize the use of that GOLD membership for 30 or 31 days.

This downtime does not have to be Cryptic's fault - people will vent frustrations because it makes them feel better and literally hurts no one.

Finally, the truth is this:

Unless you are in the offices with Cryptic employee's monitoring their work habits, then you are literally clueless. about how much work they do all day every day.

How dare someone blame cryptic? How dare you care about someone venting to a corporation about the lack of service they are getting?

So utterly seriously childish. I avoided this post when I first saw it, but seriously. Grow up, be your own person, and stop defending corporate entities.

LOL "How dare you"... LOL .. Ignorance + Drama = fail.

Dude, I'm pretty sure that's the thing they call "sarcasm" at work, but I could be wrong....