test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Your Mirror Universe Counterpart?

So they've already announced that Mirror Leeta will be appearing in Season 11, which obviously means that the mirror universe will make its return. I think it would be really cool to meet our character's mirror universe counterpart. Does anyone else agree?

Knowing they've done something similar to this with the Delta Recruits talking to their future self does indicate that there's already a solid base to build this on, agreed? So it wouldn't be that hard to do, right?
99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer...

Comments

• Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    I already created a Mirror Universe alt toon last year. I'm surprised that more people haven't done this.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    My main Fed Tac is originally from the mirror universe. She wanted to go to the prime universe where quality of life is better. Maybe that was a mistake.
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    I think it would be interesting, but I don't see a lot of people liking it. For most people, their character is their character, not Cryptic's. They don't want to see Cryptic come up with a backstory for their character, they want to create their character's backstory. (Even if it's a mirror of their character.)
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    I think it would be cool to run into yourself during a mission.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    alonaralonar Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    I think I killed mine in some foundry mission years ago.
  • Options
    solax79solax79 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    I think it would be interesting, but I don't see a lot of people liking it. For most people, their character is their character, not Cryptic's. They don't want to see Cryptic come up with a backstory for their character, they want to create their character's backstory. (Even if it's a mirror of their character.)

Yeah, I didn't think much about that. If they were to give our mirror characters a backstory, then it would likely be the same one for all characters regardless of race, gender, and faction. Which I'd guess would be disconcerting.
    nikephorus wrote: »
    I think it would be cool to run into yourself during a mission.

Maybe that sort of "quick cameo" would be the right idea then :smile:
  • Options
    iceeaglexiceeaglex Member Posts: 375 Arc User
    It would be interesting to see what I would look like as a diplomat and peaceful explorer who hasn't commited genocide and slaughters thousands on a daily basis. You know. A good guy.
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    My Joined Trill characters represent multiple iterations of its own mirror and prime universe Deet Symbionts.

Edinger Deet was first host in both prime and mirror Universe. Represented in STO, Mirror Edinger is one of Prime Edingers costumes.

Aznia is the second host in both prime and mirror Universe. Mirror Aznia is now resides in the Prime STO Universe, operating within the KDF under the name Ainza.

Gus is the eight host of the Mirror Deet symbiont, come back in time from the 29th century, and bringing a KDF Timeship with him.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,121 Community Moderator
    I made some mirror outfits for some of my Feds. Since I can't give them the Evil gotee due to gender, I gave them a scar and, in the case of my main... maxed out bust slider.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    My Mirror Universe-self would be more likely still assimilated. Better Borg than conquering, Mirror-universe warmonger, lol. (ie. better be evil unwillingly, in the Collective, than evil by choice, yes.) :*:p:D
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,428 Community Moderator
    I already created a Mirror Universe alt toon last year. I'm surprised that more people haven't done this.

I made Mirror Universe versions of my main FED, KDF, and ROM and use Mirror ships with them. I'm excited about the upcoming Mirror Reputation to gear them up with. :D
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    alonar wrote: »
    I think I killed mine in some foundry mission years ago.
    aye i killed my main in my first (and very badly created) foundry mission.
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I made some mirror outfits for some of my Feds. Since I can't give them the Evil gotee due to gender, I gave them a scar and, in the case of my main... maxed out bust slider.

Maybe instead of meeting your mirror counterpart, you could pretend to be them for an episode. Like Sisko did in an episode of DS9.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,121 Community Moderator
    Oh I do that every once in a while. Dust off a Mirror outfit, put on my "Evil Twin" title, and boom. Mirror Krystal Jade!

I got a whole collection of Mirror outfits ranging from Enterprise era all the way to STO and even a Wells variant.

Mirror%20Uniforms.png
    Just a few examples from before I made the TMP one. The existing TOS and Ent outfits were not included.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    My mirror-universe counterpart is dead, so... :p
  • Options
    pennylongpennylong Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    They should use the nemesis system from champions online where you get to make your nemesis and fight them in mini missions. :)
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    My Mirror Universe-self would be more likely still assimilated. Better Borg than conquering, Mirror-universe warmonger, lol. (ie. better be evil unwillingly, in the Collective, than evil by choice, yes.) :*:p:D

I really am not convinced that the Mirror Universe has Borg active in it. I kind of prefer for that aspect to be different. Most of the incidents that provoked the Borg (Q Who, First Contact, Regeneration) couldn't have happened there. I also interpret the line from First Contact about three dimensional thinking to suggest that the Borg have a single hive mind across universes. And that's how the Queen keeps popping back up.

I'm also less than font of anything which paints the Mirror Universe as "the opposite universe". I think there is a single event which sent them on a different track and that event was almost certainly on earth, pre-20th century. Shakespeare is "equally grim" so that could be a clue.

The Terran Empire was established prior to 1955 according to Archer on Enterprise (who describes it as centuries old) and we see a Terran flag used in the moon landing. This name poses some interesting questions (The name "Terran Empire" suggests they need to identify themselves to non-Terrans) along with the ability of the residents of Bozeman, Montana to conquer Vulcan.

It seems to me that:

Cochrane's flight was a ruse to capture Vulcans. The humans still knew the Vulcans were coming.

The Terrans landed on the moon in 1969 but had off-world contact. Because the name "Terran".

The Terrans show significant Roman influence.

We know the Romulans were a plausible backer for a Terran rebellion on DS9.

I lean towards the idea that the Terran Empire was a puppet state for Romulus and that the Romulans culturally contaminated earth after leaving Vulcan, much like Earth culturally contaminated the Iotians in "A Piece of the Action" and the planet in "Patterns of Force". I suppose that the Romulans kept earth roughly on its original course but humans knew of aliens... And given the Romulans' relative elusiveness, they abandoned earth or used it as a covert hedge against the Vulcans and Klingons.

This could also add some plausibility to the resurgence of the Terran Empire if the Romulans had an intact Romulus and were arming and building ships for the Terrans to send them off against the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance.

We do know they've been fighting an Iconian War according to dev statements at Las Vegas but I think it might be interesting if the Mirror Iconians blew up a different planet. Maybe Qo'noS. That said, if they blew up any planets over there, the explosion wave would have been difficult to contain. No Vulcan Science Academy to provide the red matter or the Jellyfish. No Spock or reunificationist effort that I am aware of.

I think we can infer from what we have seen of the Mirror Universe that either Romulus is intact because no strike was made (possible) or that the attack was far worse (because the conditions that allowed us to stop it didn't exist there), in which case there's a question of how the galaxy-nuking attack was stopped at all. The Mirror Universe might have lost 3/4ths of its Milky Way galaxy to the Iconians.
  • Options

We do know they've been fighting an Iconian War according to dev statements at Las Vegas but I think it might be interesting if the Mirror Iconians blew up a different planet. Maybe Qo'noS. That said, if they blew up any planets over there, the explosion wave would have been difficult to contain. No Vulcan Science Academy to provide the red matter or the Jellyfish. No Spock or reunificationist effort that I am aware of.

I think we can infer from what we have seen of the Mirror Universe that either Romulus is intact because no strike was made (possible) or that the attack was far worse (because the conditions that allowed us to stop it didn't exist there), in which case there's a question of how the galaxy-nuking attack was stopped at all. The Mirror Universe might have lost 3/4ths of its Milky Way galaxy to the Iconians.

I am curious to see how the mirror universe fared in an Iconian War (they might've found a better solution to winning than the Krenim Time Weapon :tongue: ). Though my guess is that the scrappy nature of the Terrans and other species in the Mirror Universe made them hard to defeat.
  • Options
    highlord83highlord83 Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    Rowan, my main Captain, is already from the mirror universe. Despite being a Betazoid, she was a high-ranked inquisitor. She and her team hijacked a Nova and escaped to the main universe with a ship full of slaves and refugees.

SO if she met her "mirror self" she'd be meeting her main-line version. Who is very likely nowhere near as calculating, combat capable or charismatic, and who likely swallows the Federations BS hook, line and sinker.
    "So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again."
    -Dedication plaque of the Federation Starship U.S.S. Merkava
  • Options
    nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    This would be strange considering my main is a race created myself so there's not much they could come up with in terms of backstory.

That said I think the Satanians would be a good fit for the mirror universe.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    I think some alterations to the nemesis system from CO could allow for some fun MU things fighting yerself
  • Options
    I really am not convinced that the Mirror Universe has Borg active in it. I kind of prefer for that aspect to be different. Most of the incidents that provoked the Borg (Q Who, First Contact, Regeneration) couldn't have happened there. I also interpret the line from First Contact about three dimensional thinking to suggest that the Borg have a single hive mind across universes. And that's how the Queen keeps popping back up.
    Well, we've never seen the Mirror Borg, so that's a speculation. Still staying behind the fact that I'd rather have my Mirror universe-self assimilated, thus evil unwillingly, than having any part in 'Terran Empire'. And since this is open to fantasizing, I'm sticking to that, until canonicaly proven otherwise (ie being shown Mirror universe Borg, still would rather not see that, though). :)

I've found the concept of 'Mirror universe' somewhat.. humorous and cartoonishly 'opposite' of the prime-verse personally, and it was one of the weakest points of entire DS9 series. For comedic purposes, sure, neat.. but anything else than that... *shrug*

DS9 had far better defining moments than the lackluster Mirror universe plot. >_<

"Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 

• Options
    edited August 2015
    DS9 had far better defining moments than the lackluster Mirror universe plot. >_<
    Devs that think 't-rex with laz0rz' are a frikkin cool game concept and should be a major part of the voth BZ... nuff said as to why they went with mirror universe.

edit:
    also note... almost all of their villains are 'cartoonish'
  • Options
    Devs that think 't-rex with laz0rz' are a frikkin cool game concept and should be a major part of the voth BZ... nuff said as to why they went with mirror universe.

edit:
    also note... almost all of their villains are 'cartoonish'
    Well, Mirror universe is *extreme* in that regard. <_<

• Options
    Well, Mirror universe is *extreme* in that regard. <_<

*points at Hakeev and the Tal Shiar*And your point is? We already have Snidley Whiplash and his clone troops
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    pennylong wrote: »
    They should use the nemesis system from champions online where you get to make your nemesis and fight them in mini missions. :)

People have been asking for this since before the game launched. No one knows why it hasn't been done yet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    solax79 wrote: »
    So they've already announced that Mirror Leeta will be appearing in Season 11, which obviously means that the mirror universe will make its return. I think it would be really cool to meet our character's mirror universe counterpart. Does anyone else agree?

Knowing they've done something similar to this with the Delta Recruits talking to their future self does indicate that there's already a solid base to build this on, agreed? So it wouldn't be that hard to do, right?

Runs into complete and utter logical fail if you're either KDF or Bajoran, since they're not members of the Terran Empire. Cryptic would have to make two entirely different versions of the mission for red and blue, which is something they're not doing anymore.

You want to see the mirror universe version of your player character? Make one up and write about it. That's what I did: Eleya's counterpart is the XO on a Cardassian battleship.
  • Options
    I've found the concept of 'Mirror universe' somewhat.. humorous and cartoonishly 'opposite' of the prime-verse personally, and it was one of the weakest points of entire DS9 series. For comedic purposes, sure, neat.. but anything else than that... *shrug*

No argument there. The use of the Mirror Universe in DS9 got so tedious, especially since they used it for comedic purposes when there was little or nothing comedic about it. I think what made it so annoying was how someone always had to be "crossing over" for us to see the mirror universe. And with it, all the lines of "You're nothing like my (so-and-so)!", like it needed to be spelled out each time they met someone they new on the other side. (Watch DS9's "The Emperor's New Cloak" to really understand what I mean).

Suffice to say, I am skeptical that that's how the mirror universe will appear in the upcoming season.

By far the best use of the Mirror Universe came from Enterprise, where they didn't bother to have anyone cross over; they just up and did a two-part episode because because. And those two episodes were much better.
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,622 Arc User
    the thing is, Enterprise hints that the terran empire started pre warp. that is so improbable. let say, for example, that the key diversion was making Patton the commander of the european theater and Bradley the commander of the pacific. or just patton for that matter. Patton would have done things differently and people would have lived and died who should not have. people would be born and not born with each generation. the more generations the more deviancy. for the Star trek mirror universe to exist the event had to happen relatively close to kirk's time, and by STO time the likelyhood of ANYONE having a counterpart are very remote
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    the thing is, Enterprise hints that the terran empire started pre warp. that is so improbable. let say, for example, that the key diversion was making Patton the commander of the european theater and Bradley the commander of the pacific. or just patton for that matter. Patton would have done things differently and people would have lived and died who should not have. people would be born and not born with each generation. the more generations the more deviancy. for the Star trek mirror universe to exist the event had to happen relatively close to kirk's time, and by STO time the likelyhood of ANYONE having a counterpart are very remote

The problem with that is people from DS9 had counterparts as well. There was a mirror Sisko, mirror Dax, mirror Ezri, mirror Bashir, mirror O'Brien...

There was even a mirror Jennifer Sisko, while her prime universe counterpart died at Wolf 359.

Also the people who are saying that there was a Terran flag on the Moon... the guy was wearing an Enterprise era EV Suit.

However...
    In the mirror universe, much of known history is dominated by the Terran Empire. It is not clear when the Empire began. Captain Jonathan Archer once stated that the Empire had existed for "centuries" as of 2155. Archer did not mention how many centuries, but by his statement, the Empire can be traced back to at least 1955, suggesting that it was a Terran political unit before it became an interstellar empire.
    http://en.memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Mirror_universe