test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Junior Officer Weekend!

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
Starting now, we are running a special weekend event where you can earn Bonus Commendation XP by completing any Duty Officer assignments! This event will run until Monday, August 24th, 2015 at 10AM PDT.

You can learn more about it here.

~LaughingTrendy

Comments

• Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I've had a few disasters, and lost some junior officers as a result.

Out of all the souls I've encountered, they were the most.... :cry: human.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    Have fun, and try not to send too many duty officers to Sickbay!

Don't tell me how to play the game!
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    iconians wrote: »
    Have fun, and try not to send too many duty officers to Sickbay!

Don't tell me how to play the game!
    You've made me rethink my post.

I want you to send as many Duty Officers to sickbay, Iconians. I believe in you.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,401 Arc User
    Aaaaand, Romulans get no love... as expected.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    dana2lovedana2love Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2015

That train left a long time ago... although I'd love to have that doff.
    pmuvj73Aj
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    dana2love wrote: »

That train left a long time ago... although I'd love to have that doff.

Yeah we never really got same doff love with romulans which was mostly tainted by the doff pack scams. I don't even have room anymore to put any more doffs so I don't intend to grind just to grind to start another grind due to it keeps a cycle of frustration.
  • Options
    speedystrekspeedystrek Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    @pwlaughingtrendy can you update the image of the doffs with the new uniform?! :-)
    7mf4rl12.png
  • Options
    devilment666devilment666 Member Posts: 112 Arc User

So you want both your faction aligned DOff and an extra DOff on top?

Nevermind that Romulans also get two bites of the cherry when it comes to the regular DOff recruitment projects at SF/Klingon Academy and the Romulan Command Centre.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    No option for Ultra Rares? Still no Rom only DOs?
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    Thanks for the 2 exocomps for my new characters (one made last November shows how long it's been). One of my favorite episodes and doffs.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    kianazerokianazero Member Posts: 247 Arc User

Not at all; I'd love to be able to trade in the Fed/KDF Doff for the unique Romulan one. They had her ready to go two events ago, and even said 'we just had a bug that made the contact disappear, don't worry, it'll be fixed by next event', and that so-called fix was simply deleting the contact.
  • Options
    cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    This is perfect! I have a mysterious recurring shortage of redshirts.
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,401 Arc User

Why would I even want a faction-aligned Doff if I can get a Liberated Romulan Doff instead?
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 980 Arc User

No, just Romulan would be fine, thank you. No need for aliens roaming on my ship. They could be spies onion-13.gif​​
  • Options
    perjiperji Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Does Commander Rojal even exist now?

GLPvegc.png
  • Options
    borgified007borgified007 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    Turbolift Maintenance. One of the most hazardous duties available to any redshirt ever!
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    perji wrote: »

No... has NEVER existed. And that quest has been removed. You either get the Fed or KDF one. ROM only DOs was done away with... only way you can get is the Survivors DOFF Pack that has since been retired (released with LOR) or the random chance during DOFF upgrades at New Rom.
  • Options
    drailhdrailh Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Same here, i still have the Romulan only "reinforcements" mission from last year, the one we couldn't finish because you didn't spawn Cmdr Rojal, the one you told us he/she would be there next year.
    Sorry for being sarcastic but ... i suppose 2015 is a miss too ?

And no, before you come in and tell us we should do the Fed or KDF allied mission, know that we don't want it : we are RRF and want T'ress the RRF officer, like it was planned originally.
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    SO, this is really "Where Doffing XP should be"-weekend?
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    @pwlaughingtrendy can you update the image of the doffs with the new uniform?! :-)

I actually considered doing that, however I also don't want it to break away from the imagery used in-game for people who need to mentally match up imagery. :)
  • Options
    dewinuwadewinuwa Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    where can i find this "by speaking with your duty officer contact" in Rom Cmd Ctr?
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    My rosters been full at 100 for a long time. Since they nerfed the Doff missions, I stopped doing them. So only time I added any if one showed up from a FE reward. Then I will make some room.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    kermanikermani Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    dewinuwa wrote: »
    where can i find this "by speaking with your duty officer contact" in Rom Cmd Ctr?

You can't... The contact bugged out last time so they removed it. There was talk of a fix but it never happened.

So if Fed aligned go to the Academy. If KDF go that doff agent.

• Options
    solardynamosolardynamo Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    What's the minimum level for this? My level 32, 52, 60 Captains got the quest, but my 5 & 10 didn't.

I didn't really expect the level 5 (he's pretty much brand new), but the level 10 I was surprised didn't have it.
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    When does doffing start? . . . level 11?
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    geldarion1geldarion1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    What's the minimum level for this? My level 32, 52, 60 Captains got the quest, but my 5 & 10 didn't.

I didn't really expect the level 5 (he's pretty much brand new), but the level 10 I was surprised didn't have it.

I would guess 11 is the minimum since that is when the Duty Officer system opens up.
    Talking about STO on Casual Core Radio
    Writing about STO on The Fanatical Swordsman
  • Options
    bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Lot of info missing

1- can you get the 3 duty officers at all or just 1?
    2-If above answer is positive: Can you get all 3 duty officers in a single weekend? or only once per event?
    3-What are their traits/powers?

BTW: how's my cadet supposed to learn how to stabilize particles if half of them collapse and the other half attempt to murder you?
    Post edited by bioixi on
  • Options
    tamerethtamereth Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    I take it we still can't reclaim the exocomp if it died on an away mission in previous years?
  • Options
    vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 696 Arc User
    edited August 2015

No, we don't.

We want OUR DOFF. If we got that, you could take your allied faction DOFF and good luck to you.
    Same with the allied faction DOFF assignments, and BOFFs.

We DON'T want yours, and only use them because they wont give us OURS - even though an actual equivalent Romulan DOFF was designed the first time this ran after LoR came out.

So please stop accusing us of wanting to double dip - it's not only insulting, it's disingenuous.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    kianazero wrote: »

Not at all; I'd love to be able to trade in the Fed/KDF Doff for the unique Romulan one. They had her ready to go two events ago, and even said 'we just had a bug that made the contact disappear, don't worry, it'll be fixed by next event', and that so-called fix was simply deleting the contact.
    perji wrote: »

GLPvegc.png

It was explained last time by the previous community manager, captiansmirk, that what happened was there was old code in the game that shouldn't have been there and Romulans were never meant to get a unique doff. They were always intended to get their allied faction's doff. The doffs all have the same active power and the only difference between them are the traits. So it's not like you're missing out on a unique active power.