test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please stop doing stupid events !

Everytime you do these stupid events it kills the rest of the game.

I put myself in for 3 STF's at a time and can sit there for upwards of 10 mins waiting for a Q to pop as everyone just does the event Q over and over and over and over.

I guess it wouldn't be so bad but it seems there are events just about every weekend now.... Which means the game on the whole is dead unless you want to participate on the monotiny of repeating the exact same thing over and over.

Shuttle events, CC events, Temporal incursion events.... Just one after the other.

Bring back bonuses for anything we want to play rather than making 95% of the game unplayable unless you want to sit in a Q for ages.

The way the game was originally was far, FAR better. I have no idea what the logic was for changing it. And now bonus weekends on top.... Meh...

Comments

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,426 Arc User
    To be honest i rather enjoy the events and have grown tired of the various PVE queues a long time ago.

For all, but one of my characters i have enough dilithium and marks to buy everything from the reputations two or three times and thus i don't NEED the various PVE queues.

As one who generally plays foundry, these events are a nice diversion. Really, who wants to run ISA etc over and over again. I'm hoping they bring a "mine trap" event soon or a focus on "The Big Dig" and "Klingon Scout Force" to promote those. Sure most of them can be done solo, but there's something to be said to team up for them.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Stay strong OP, we are half way through it again. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    Stay strong OP, we are half way through it again. :)

Indeed, only 1-2 weeks until the next event arrives.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    tarran62tarran62 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    I do enjoy the events, sometimes it does feel over whelming because I'm trying to get my toons through their missions and run each of them through the event. If I had a complaint it would be being able to claim the antiproton torps from the last event on each of my toons who were not around when the event ran (Delta Recruits) Over all I like and enjoy them, We get enough time to run the event and the after claiming the main rewards we can still get daily rewards from it which is new this year (well, new to me :-) ).
  • Options
    kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    What happened to the hourly event bonuses? Was any reason given for changing things? I haven't played in a while so I don't know.
  • Options
    chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    Really free dilithium makes you angry? Okay OP, unplug your computer and go outside til the event is over.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • Options
    Gurneyhallek0420Gurneyhallek0420 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    I'm hoping they bring a "mine trap" event soon or a focus on "The Big Dig" and "Klingon Scout Force" to promote those.

This would be nice, throw in a Breaking the Planet event as well. When was the last time you did THAT queue
    potatosig.jpg
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Whilst I don't entirely agree, I have to admit that I do miss being able to team/chat with friends whilst these events are on, as they're too busy playing the event mission over and over again. I don't mind pugs as such, but....

It's like "want to do a quick ISA run?" and the reply is generally along the lines of "sorry, can't - have to grind the event on eight more characters!".
    :|

theres only really 5 events a year, don't count the delta recruitment event as I believe this was a one off.
    the weekend events I don't count as they were to replace the hourly events that used to be and are mostly just bonus dilithium or bonus marks and such and don't really effect normal gameplay to any great extent anyway.

I believe it is only events such as the winter, summer, mirror and such that are keeping the game alive, without these regular events the game would soon become boring and monotonous and players would start to leave in droves.

why don't you get in the mind-set of if you cant beat them join them, next time there is an event like the current CE event and you ask for a team up with a quick ISA run and you get the negative reply try asking if you can team up for the event instead, even if you don't much care for the end prize they are just as much fun as an ISA run when you team with friends, and theres plenty of time between events when nothing much is happening for ISA runs anyway.

even with the summer and winter events the fun can be increased 10 fold if you do them with friends, you cant beat a winter invasion or tides of ice with chums.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    What happened to the hourly event bonuses? Was any reason given for changing things? I haven't played in a while so I don't know.

They were removed a long time ago for a BS reason.
  • Options
    svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    I want more events.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    You do realize that you can get 100 marks of your choice (plus daily bonuses if you have't claimed any marks from that Rep for the day) from even the normal CC queue while this event is running, yes? Bit difficult to get that many marks in any of the PvE queues even on Elite ...
  • Options
    I'm hoping they bring a "mine trap" event soon or a focus on "The Big Dig" and "Klingon Scout Force" to promote those.

This would be nice, throw in a Breaking the Planet event as well. When was the last time you did THAT queue

I think i solo'd it a month ago. Believe me, it's pretty busy with the spawn on those bridges.​​
  • Options
    pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    Really, who wants to run ISA etc over and over again. I'm hoping they bring a "mine trap" event soon or a focus on "The Big Dig" and "Klingon Scout Force" to promote those. Sure most of them can be done solo, but there's something to be said to team up for them.​​

I'd love for them to take advantage of the focus these events bring and get it put on the queues which need the bigger numbers.
  • Options
    captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User

I've done that queue a grand total of once, roughly two and a half years ago. I'd definitely support an event for it (or the other 'never pops' queues mentioned above). Doubt it'll happen though.
  • Options
    pertaipertai Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Keep the events coming I'd say. I think they are very fun and the rewards are great! Cryptic makes some of the best events I've played in any mmo, so I have a hard time understanding the complaining. AND..if you don't like them, just don't participate, there's a galaxy full of other things you can do in STO. Sometimes I get the impression that players in Star Trek are just too spoiled?!.. :) - try another mmo and you will see what I'm on about!
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    protogoth wrote: »
    You do realize that you can get 100 marks of your choice (plus daily bonuses if you have't claimed any marks from that Rep for the day) from even the normal CC queue while this event is running, yes? Bit difficult to get that many marks in any of the PvE queues even on Elite ...

Indeed, very nice for my ignored Delta recruit that can pick up marks for all the reps with very little effort!
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    earwigvr6earwigvr6 Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    It's not about getting marks and dilith though.

The point in case that 95% of the game is effectively DEAD !

And these events only make that worse....

When was the last time you were actually able to Q for any of these...

Minetrap ?
    Starbase 24 ?
    Starbase fleet defense ?
    Breach ?
    The rest of the Voth stuff....

You simply cannot play them anymore and it's sad as some of them are really good !

Everyone goes for the quick way to make a mk or some dilith and these events only serve to make the situation worse.

Events need to go.

Rewards and boosts and perks need to be spread amongst the other Q's in the game to make more of the content readily available.

Maybe a Dilith boost or Mark boost for completing a certain % of ALL Q's over a period of time ? I really don't know, but the current system is awful.....
  • Options
    nevergonnanevergonna Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    protogoth wrote: »

I agree, I like these events because I get so loaded up on marks for a long time, even for my alts when its just plain difficult for them to acquire these resources.
  • Options
    sw1tchstarsw1tchstar Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I think the events break up the monotony of doing the same PVEs over and over and over and over.
    Granted by the end of the event im done with whatever the grind was, but whatevs.
    At least they are making an effort to change things up a bit, if there were no events then people would say "Cant we have events where xyz"
    Now this doesnt mean that I'm not annoyed with craptic for like... lag, costume issues, nerfing my console etc etc etc.
    Just, in this case, I think it's fine.
    Frankly i would love to see one of those delicious Lobi events...
    I loves me some Lobi.
    Delicious nutritious Lobi.
    <3
  • Options
    captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    The queues that never pop don't pop whether there's an event running or not. Something needs to be done to make people want to queue for them, but stopping the events isn't going to make a difference.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    The reason was that the queues were dead outside bonus hour.
    I think i solo'd it a month ago. Believe me, it's pretty busy with the spawn on those bridges.​​
    Heh, in the LoR beta test on tribble, I tried it with a team of two mid-level, poorly geared Romulan science officers. :D We got a lot farther than I thought. But... the bridge choke points... maybe if we'd been level 50 or had decent gear...

I think the reason they stopped doing this for Minetrap, and never started doing it for Big Dig or Breaking the planet is story reasons. Breaking the Planet is set in the Klingon war arc, and thus doesn't make sense now. Mine Trap is really for fighting the Tal'shiar. so is Big Dig....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    i like all the events, this is a good way for my alts of earning dil, marks. and this is also a good reason to play with them, most of the time they are just parked somewhere. I would like the return of the lobi event and also this one : http://sto.gamepedia.com/Shard_of_Possibilities (even if i totally hate this mission)
  • Options
    sw1tchstarsw1tchstar Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Yes yes i want the shard of possibilities too. I missed that one.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    On the contrary, there should be much more content-specific events. For as many different queues and other areas as possible. So people would at least occasionally have reason to play different content instead of grinding the same thing over and over every day.

Generic "bonuses for anything we want to play" are a complete waste of schedule time, as they don't encourage players to do anything different than they always do. As such, most of the weekend bonus events are complete failures ("fixing" the ability to stock up marks to convert or boxes to open during the event for extra rewards removed the only bit of strategy involved) and should be replaced with something interesting.
  • Options
    The reason was that the queues were dead outside bonus hour.
    I think i solo'd it a month ago. Believe me, it's pretty busy with the spawn on those bridges.
    Heh, in the LoR beta test on tribble, I tried it with a team of two mid-level, poorly geared Romulan science officers. :D We got a lot farther than I thought. But... the bridge choke points... maybe if we'd been level 50 or had decent gear...

My main is a fed engineer with heavy focus on ground and especially with the new modules it can be solo'd though with bit of practice.

However, it IS a lot easier with 2-3 extra persons on the team.​​
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,553 Arc User
    I enjoy the events. Thanks Cryptic, for the pile of marks, mats, dil and soon the new shiny!
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Yeah, not everyone agrees with the OP, the constant events are what keeps this game alive.

People log on just to do these events, they run their alts through them as well. In the case of the CE Event, the rewards are actually pretty nice as well. I personally have played a lot more this last week then I would have if the event hadn't been going on.

I would rather hop from event to event then run the same STF every single day. Keep the events coming!
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited August 2015

you got that the wrong way round, it was the hourly events that were BS & the weekend ones are really useful.
    the big problem with the hourly events was that more often then not the ones you really wanted to do were running when you were unable to play and when you were able to play the ones that were running were totally useless for your needs, this was very unfair for players that maybe had 1 or 2 hours to play at most.
    with the weekend events they are always there for you no matter what time you log in, if you have no interest in any event that is running its no problem as you can go and do something else but when the weekend events come around that you are interested in doing you are guaranteed to be able to take part so its much fairer to everybody.

this was the reason the hourly's were dumped like the trash they were in favour of the supremely better weekend events.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.