test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How many players think That Everything should be Account bound,and bound to character scrapped????

Comments

• Options
    rickdankorickdanko Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    Yes
    If I buy a ring to wear on my left hand they don't make me pay again if I want to wear it on my right hand.
    They're not really gone, as long as we remember them
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • Options
    avantgarde01avantgarde01 Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    Yes
    Yes, account bound to everything.
  • Options
    praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    While it's a great QoL improvement to have everything Account Bound for players, it goes against Cryptic's business model and mentality.

They want to have super rare and hard-to-obtain items. They like the scarcity - it encourages you to either log in daily to "earn" your way up to that item (Rep, for example) or for you to whip out your wallet.

Things like the Wells or the Bug are in huge demand, and they're rare. But, in Cryptic's eyes, they lose some of that value if you can have it on all of your toons.
  • Options
    SanoSano Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    Yes
    praxi5 wrote: »
    While it's a great QoL improvement to have everything Account Bound for players, it goes against Cryptic's business model and mentality.

They want to have super rare and hard-to-obtain items. They like the scarcity - it encourages you to either log in daily to "earn" your way up to that item (Rep, for example) or for you to whip out your wallet.

Things like the Wells or the Bug are in huge demand, and they're rare. But, in Cryptic's eyes, they lose some of that value if you can have it on all of your toons.

Which is funny cause before dr I played like 10-12 chars abd got ships lockbox ships lobi costumes and all that for those 10-12 characters.

Now especially with the specialization I only play 1 char so I "need" a lot less of everything.

One the one hand they dream of ppl shelling out loads of money to get some stuff thats charbound now on different toon but on the other hand they do everything they can to make us only play 1-3 chars.

So yeah specpoints should be acc-wide. Like paragon-points in D3.
  • Options
    SanoSano Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    Yes
    xarynn2058 wrote: »
    stuart1965 wrote: »
    Not everything, so no.

Rep items, non-generic mission rewards (set items, unique or mission specific items) should always be bind to character.

This is a poorly considered question.

Its a straight forward question. Why should a player have to repeat all that hard work on alts from his/her primary toon???? Its too repetitive. Why can't you see that?
    Because it defeats any reason to play through any content with an alt. If you can't be bothered to put the effort into getting those items then what is the point of providing them as rewards?

As for repetitive, playing through as a different class is not the same. Furthermore, if you think repeating a mission on an alt for a reward, or completing a (accelerate due to sponsorship) rep faction and working for all the rep gear you want for that alt is repetitive, imagine what it would be like if you had no reason to do any of that. What motivation would you have to do any content on an alt then? None, at, all. You get your alt to 60 and that's it, no STFs no featured episodes, you've done all that on you main, why stop at gear, the rep traits too, they're a grind so have them bound to account too.
    So yeah, get everything bind to account and remove roughly 70% of the motivation to play an alt because it will be all but pointless when you can just pass your gear across from your main.
    What next? Auto leveled to 60 alts because leveling is "too repetitive"???

Instead of asking for the game on a silver platter because you can't be bothered why not consider exactly why such systems are in place before making entitlement demands.

It's poorly though out "I want it all now" attitudes like this that really tempt me to get abusive.

Have you even lvled a char to 60 or more importantly do you have a char with maxed out specpoints?

No? Y not?

Because its like an eternal grind to do it.
    Its not like hey I'm having so much fun playing a sci when tacs my main. It is like oh my god not all this again.

There are i guess about 105 specpoints to farm right now at 150k xp each. Thats roughly 15m XP. At 1-3k per mission thats 7000 missions. At 5mins each thats 35000 minutes or 600h of continous mission playing. Faktor in wait and queue-times and things like that you get to several thousand hours fast.

Have fun with that if you have that much time left over to do all this for seversl toons.
  • Options
    subzer0d1videsubzer0d1vide Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    Yes
    I can't stand idiots who can't answer a simple Yes or No question without criticizing the question.

If you don't like it, leave and read something else. If you THINK you have a better idea (just not before someone else thought of it for you) ,then post it somewhere.

If you answered this poll question, do you agree with me or not? :wink:

Yes?
    No?
    --

"The higher the fewer."
  • Options
    rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    No
    I can't stand idiots who can't answer a simple Yes or No question without criticizing the question.

If you don't like it, leave and read something else. If you THINK you have a better idea (just not before someone else thought of it for you) ,then post it somewhere.

Yes?
    No?

Why people got to be an idiot just because OP made a bad poll?
  • Options
    belidosbelidos Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    No
    OH TRIBBLE, clicked the wrong button, meant to choose Yes :(
  • Options
    xarynn2058xarynn2058 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    No
    Sano wrote: »
    Have you even lvled a char to 60 or more importantly do you have a char with maxed out specpoints?

No? Y not?

Its not like hey I'm having so much fun playing a sci when tacs my main. It is like oh my god not all this again.

There are i guess about 105 specpoints to farm right now at 150k xp each. Thats roughly 15m XP. At 1-3k per mission thats 7000 missions. At 5mins each thats 35000 minutes or 600h of continous mission playing. Faktor in wait and queue-times and things like that you get to several thousand hours fast.

Have fun with that if you have that much time left over to do all this for seversl toons.

Funnily enough I do have an L60 character and several alts I’m levelling through the 50s. As a casual player I don’t have the time to rampage through levelling. The L60 has a near maxed out Intel and had Piloting maxed until they expanded it. Getting spec points maxed for any spec tree was always going to be a looooong term objective, the Devs even said so. It’s not a “level cap” to reach, so stop treating it like one. In effect it was designed as an “eternal grind”. It gives the players with level capped, “finished” builds something to play towards with those characters.

Your alts are alts, they are not your main. Get out there and earn your rewards. Stop wasting your apparently precious 600 hours of time demanding them on a silver platter.
    S1J6m8B.jpg
  • Options
    grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    Yes
    I believe they should give it up the bound to character not account bound !!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    Sano wrote: »

No? Y not?

I have 3 characters at level 60, 4 in the 50s, 1 in the 40s, and 3 in the 30s. There are more ways of getting Specialization XP than just by doing missions.

Yes?
    No?

I do not agree with you. Oh, look. I'm capable of answering a simple yes or no question. Happy?

The poll, however, is an example of a False Dilemma (also known as Bifurcation Fallacy, Black-and-White Thinking, All-or-Nothing Fallacy, and by a few other names). I despise Bifurcation Fallacy; it is a plague on Western society which reflects limited thought, which limits thought, and which is therefore the source of all manner of ills afflicting societies. This is one of several reasons why I am dissatisfied with the "Red vs Blue" faction system in STO and seek to offer means of facilitating full faction status for the RRF.

The question the poll puts forward is essentially an All-or-Nothing approach. It asks if everything should be account bound, or if the situation should remain as it is. I do not agree with either option, because both are imperfect; more should be account bound than is the case in the current situation, but that does not mean that everything should be so. Calling me an idiot because I can see the fallacy in the poll is rather short-sighted; it's also a violation of forum rules, because it is "flaming." I suggest you consider that before you make such statements again.
  • Options
    stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
    Anyone with commonsense,would have realised what i meant in this poll. I see now I have to be exact. The account bound areas I am talking about are, Reputation points. a means of helping all your toons progress, and not having to do it without assistance. Dilithium. If there is too much of it on 1 toon, to have the ability to distribute it equally to all your toons. Unused ships gathering dust. They could be sent to new alt toons on your account.
    Obsolete personal used weapons. As you progress and upgrade, older weapons and other used items could be sent to new alt toons. I surpose if you think about it, It is just one toon on the account. Why should someone have to repeat all the same missions over again, to build up an alt. Its the same toon but with different skills.
  • Options
    No
    Anyone with commonsense,would have realised what i meant in this poll.
    GSa9vHg.jpg
    I see now I have to be exact. The account bound areas I am talking about are, Reputation points. a means of helping all your toons progress, and not having to do it without assistance.
    Yes because killing off all the activities that would earn rep point is really going to help this game. This would effectively empty all the battlezones and cause further damage to the pve queues.
    Dilithium. If there is too much of it on 1 toon, to have the ability to distribute it equally to all your toons.
    This can already be done. It's fiddly but it can be done. I'd also point out that it is not exactly hard to gather dilithium.
    Unused ships gathering dust. They could be sent to new alt toons on your account.
    Obsolete personal used weapons. As you progress and upgrade, older weapons and other used items could be sent to new alt toons.
    Why? You get these for completing missions and in drops anyway. Generally gear picked up in the levelling process is effective throughout that process and does not need to be supplemented from an outside source.
    I surpose if you think about it, It is just one toon on the account. Why should someone have to repeat all the same missions over again, to build up an alt. Its the same toon but with different skills.
    Ah, here we get to the real issue. You don't want hand me down gear for alts, you want instant all the bells and whistles L60 alts. Sorry games don't work like that.
    S1J6m8B.jpg
  • Options
    Anyone with commonsense,would have realised what i meant in this poll.
    GSa9vHg.jpg
    I see now I have to be exact. The account bound areas I am talking about are, Reputation points. a means of helping all your toons progress, and not having to do it without assistance.
    Yes because killing off all the activities that would earn rep point is really going to help this game. This would effectively empty all the battlezones and cause further damage to the pve queues.
    Dilithium. If there is too much of it on 1 toon, to have the ability to distribute it equally to all your toons.
    This can already be done. It's fiddly but it can be done. I'd also point out that it is not exactly hard to gather dilithium.
    Unused ships gathering dust. They could be sent to new alt toons on your account.
    Obsolete personal used weapons. As you progress and upgrade, older weapons and other used items could be sent to new alt toons.
    Why? You get these for completing missions and in drops anyway. Generally gear picked up in the levelling process is effective throughout that process and does not need to be supplemented from an outside source.
    I surpose if you think about it, It is just one toon on the account. Why should someone have to repeat all the same missions over again, to build up an alt. Its the same toon but with different skills.
    Ah, here we get to the real issue. You don't want hand me down gear for alts, you want instant all the bells and whistles L60 alts. Sorry games don't work like that.

You seem abit obsessed. I suggest if you don't like what i write, then please stop reading and replying to what i write on here. You obviously like hardwork, thats fine and the best of luck there to you. lastly you mis-understood what i meant, but its not worth me carrying on, as you'll never accept anything i write.

• Options
    No
    You seem abit obsessed.
    That's your assumption and close to ad hominem.
    I suggest if you don't like what i write, then please stop reading and replying to what i write on here.
    You invited the questioning by posting the flawed poll in the first place. If you can't cope with providing a sound justification for your view point that's your problem not mine. Crying foul because your argument has been pointed out as flawed and you can't back it up with more than, "stop disagreeing with me I don't like it" doesn't change anything.
    You obviously like hardwork, thats fine and the best of luck there to you.
    Again you make an assumption. There may be merits to removing bind to character aspects from some items but "I can't be bothered" isn't a valid justification.
    lastly you mis-understood what i meant,
    It's your responsibility to ensure you make your point clearly, not mine to guess at what you neglected to provide sufficient detail for.
    but its not worth me carrying on, as you'll never accept anything i write.
    If you had provided a justification that was more substantial than "I can't be bothered to do it again" I might have considered things differently but you didn't. Not accepting a flawed argument is not my fault, it's yours for posing that argument.

Maybe next time you'll actually think before posting up a false dilemma poll for a cause that would ultimately undermine many of the reasons people play with alts.

Of course, if you can't cope with a reasoned argument you're welcome to ignore me. But that would be an admission of your error. ;)

S1J6m8B.jpg
  • Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    No
    I voted no because they are many things that need to be character bound such as rep, but there are certainly things that need to be account wide like the lobi store costumes.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    No
    I say no.

This is yet another of those F.C.T. threads which somehow continues to evade the attention of the Moderators.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    No
    I don't believe everything should be account bound, unless purchased with zen.
  • Options
    lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    No
    Everything? No, I think there are valid reasons for making things like event and reputation rewards character bound. However, when it comes to lockbox and especially lobi items I'd say yes. Definitely. The amount of real world money that needs to be spent to acquire these things should be reflected in their being bound to account. This would be balanced - partially - by the inconvenience of having to mess around with account bank. I'd also very much like to see lobi ships being claimable by all characters on an account on top of being able to repack them to free up a ship slot. I wouldn't want/expect them to become tradable again but it would be a great help all the same.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • Options
    nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    Yes
    yes with out a doubt
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    Yes
    All and everything on one toon spreadable to all alt toons on same account???

Heck YEAH tiger-44.giftiger-11.gif
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    No
    Not everything, so no.

Rep items, non-generic mission rewards (set items, unique or mission specific items) should always be bind to character.

This is a poorly considered question.

Its a straight forward question. Why should a player have to repeat all that hard work on alts from his/her primary toon???? Its too repetitive. Why can't you see that?

That's a pretty dumb question!

What isn't repetative at some point, when done by another fresh character, or even a fresh new human in life?

I mean, let's say you make furniture for a living, and your wife wants a new dining table set!

Well, wouldn't it be repetative having to make all of those chairs, 1 by 1?

Because, they don't simply clone themselves out of thin air, unless magic is real!

tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    I find it strange, that some people on here have to turn this poll into rocket science. Wether it be dumb or not, all i wanted was a straight yes or no to what people think. Not a long drawn out essay on why its bad. Is that so hard to do? I have been playing this game for roughly 4 years, and I expected hard work on my main toon. However on alts though, to me thats different. Just an opinion but to me, its the same toon being used but with different skills each time. My main toon supplying and helping alts as best as possible. Account bound stuff would make having alts easier and more fun. Quicker progression as well as motivation to do well.
    Yes I know all you negative party poopers disagree, and i do respect your opinion.
    Wether you will be the majority or minority at the end of this remains to be seen. So far yes is well in the lead.
  • Options
    karlbarbkarlbarb Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    No
    OP, you needed to add a third option of "Yes, but" or "No, but".

Rep items, fleet items, quest items are currently character bound as they are reflections of a character's actions vs their spending ability. Wouldn't make thematic sense for a character who's never been out of the beta quadrant to suddenly be walking around with Delta or Iconian rep gear. Likewise, a character who never dealt with the Doomsday Machine shouldn't be using a Harpeng torpedo designed to kill it. Fleet items is more on the fence, but even there, I think it's by design as we want people contributing *more* to fleet growth, not less.

Crafted items are already all account bound.

The only thing that is not currently account bound which I really detest are lockbox or lobi ships. Those are painfully hard to get on drop, and usually an absolute fortune to get off the exchange. On top of that, they are, by design, meant to be opened with zen charged keys ... the same zen you could have used to buy zen store ships which are all account bound. Granted, with the caveat that you can only use them on characters of the same faction. So as it stands, I find all lockbox ships should be account bound 'when you open them'.
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Yes
    karlbarb wrote: »
    OP, you needed to add a third option of "Yes, but" or "No, but".

Rep items, fleet items, quest items are currently character bound as they are reflections of a character's actions vs their spending ability. Wouldn't make thematic sense for a character who's never been out of the beta quadrant to suddenly be walking around with Delta or Iconian rep gear. Likewise, a character who never dealt with the Doomsday Machine shouldn't be using a Harpeng torpedo designed to kill it. Fleet items is more on the fence, but even there, I think it's by design as we want people contributing *more* to fleet growth, not less.

Marks earned from Summer/winter event or other special events like the recent shuttle weekend let you get marks for reps without ever touching the particular content. I've got a lot of characters who never touched the particular rep content and yet maxed out the reputation. Why should they bother with it when I've already done that content to death?

Even without the events, you can fight Vaudwaar on Kobali Prime or run Bug Hunt, and finish the Iconian reputation, never seeing an Iconian or Herald. You can do Borg Disconnected and finish the Dyson or Delta rep without ever having entered the Delta quadrant or the Solonae Sphere, and if you are doing it "as intended" you aren't even fighting the Voth or Undine aside from the dreadnought battle, which you don't actually have to do either.

But the math here is pretty interesting.

Lets take 2 people. A and B. Person A has 1 character, grinds out 3500 marks. Person B has 4 alts, grinds out 3500 marks among the alts. They both play the same content the same amount of time.

You need ~1200 marks to get through a reputation system. That leaves both with 2300. At 750 a pop, space set items will run 3000 for a full set, and finishing the rep set, you get 750, so person A can complete the rep and get a full space set.

Person B has to spend another 300 to give tokens to the 3 alts, down to 2k to spread around. Now each alt needs 600 to max the rep, 1800 split between the 3. So they have 200 left they can't do anything with, and we can safely ignore it. Of course they also get the 750 completion reward 4 times so across 4 characters they have a full space set, too bad each one has 1 piece each. So for the same effort, person A has a full set to play with or mix and match with some other set, while person B has no set bonuses at all on any character.

Lets go further. 6500 marks grinded out and person C with 8 alts. Now person A has another ~3k marks to play with and can get a ground and space console/weapon set, which is pretty much everything you can get from a typical reputation. Person B splitting that next 3k evenly can get each character another space set piece so they have 2 piece bonus on each character, 8 total set pieces.

Person C needs 1200 for the initial rep, 700 for tokens, and 7x600 for the alts to just max out the reputation. Totaled up, that is 6100, the 400 left over not really enough for anything even if it were all on one character. Each character can get 1 set item from the reputation completion, 8 total.

So you see how that works, the same effort gives about the same rewards, yet because they are all character bound it is more punishing for someone with alts. Were they account bound, everyone would be able to have approximately the same amount of stuff for the same effort put into the system.
  • Options
    dinalagossiondinalagossion Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    No, I don't see why anything should be account or character bound. The fact they give some items (example: peridot) not bound, yet others are account and still more are character bound is beyond belief to me. Pick one method and stick with it. I can see a special quest item like a sword is account bound, but what is the logic behind that ? Plain and simple: it's to limit. Why can't I give that sword to another character when I get a better one ? The one I'm most peeved about is backpacks. I bought several backpacks (like 10) with cash, now I'm disappointed with that decision because they are stuck. I have new char's. I will not use my money for more backpacks or anything else that I see as a item for Arc Games to nerf. Give me my money back or let me move the backpacks even sell them if I wish.
  • Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2015
    No
    Edit: Nevermind, too argumentitive... need a cup of tea.

Carry on.
    No, I don't see why anything should be account or character bound. The fact they give some items (example: peridot) not bound, yet others are account and still more are character bound is beyond belief to me. Pick one method and stick with it. I can see a special quest item like a sword is account bound, but what is the logic behind that ? Plain and simple: it's to limit. Why can't I give that sword to another character when I get a better one ? The one I'm most peeved about is backpacks. I bought several backpacks (like 10) with cash, now I'm disappointed with that decision because they are stuck. I have new char's. I will not use my money for more backpacks or anything else that I see as a item for Arc Games to nerf. Give me my money back or let me move the backpacks even sell them if I wish.

Umm, I think you wanted the Neverwinter Forums with this bro this is the Star Trek Online forums, darn Vanilla. lol
    Post edited by orion0029 on
  • Options
    battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    I prefer EVE Online Style. No binding at all.
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!