test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How many players think That Everything should be Account bound,and bound to character scrapped????

stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
All and everything on one toon spreadable to all alt toons on same account???

How many players think That Everything should be Account bound,and bound to character scrapped???? 146 votes

Yes
69%
kamuii2admiralkirkf9thretxczulisvelsvellnkaayeldoyouwkesselrunner#0768greyghost4sabrevt1100sekritagentcaptainoblivousjodarkridermattjohnsonvasixofustyriniussspsyman87stuntpilota3001kjwashington 102 votes
No
30%
primar13ikonn#1068belidosrosetyler51berginssvindal777nynikguljarolcalintane753orion0029jarvisandalfredcrypticarmsmanhyplcidjackwoodwhityeldarion79rmy1081arabaturarchitect13shadowwraith77 44 votes

Comments

• Options
    SanoSano Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    Yes
    First of all maybe a little less extreme title would be better?

Secondly the question "how many.." is not a yes/no-question.

Thirdly well I'm full with the whole scrab charbound thing.

Items still charbound should be made accbound at least most of them. Some like reward-boxes and the like may in a few cases still necessarily kept as charbound but the rest could be changed.

Especially a way to move lockbox ships from one char to another would be awesome.

• Options
    hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Yes
    It would solve the problem of what to do with excess fleet credits.
  • Options
    chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    No
    No. It's not hard to earn stuff on other characters.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    No
    It's all about how something is acquired. Rep reward boxes? phhtt... there's no need for making them account bound.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    As is obvious I think Yes, as its a way to help other Alt toons on an account, and its also less repetitive. Why should you have to go through all that hard work again,(repeating it all)?
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Yes
    Yes to things like Lobi store items (all of them) Crafted items (already bind to account on equip) and unlocked outfits.

No to rep items.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    cervantes3cervantes3 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Yes
    I voted Yes.
    I have hardly earned enough money to be able to buy on the exchange the Mobius, the Wells and the temporal costumes. All of them came from the Temporal lockbox.
    Additionnally i have acquired the Temporal Warfare set from the Loby.

The problem is: Everything are on only one character. If a hacker erase this character then i'll lost all this hard work. Making at least the loby and lockbox items account bound will solve this problem.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Yes
    If everything were Account bound, I would play my alts again (instead of not at all now), and spend extra on ships, upgrades, etc, that I now don't. Greed makes short-sighted, though, so they're never gonna do that: they're gonna stay locked in their Pokemon Economics, thinking 10 alts means 10 times as much profit. Sigh.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    xarynn2058xarynn2058 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    No
    Not everything, so no.

Rep items, non-generic mission rewards (set items, unique or mission specific items) should always be bind to character.

This is a poorly considered question.
    S1J6m8B.jpg
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Yes
    Everything should be account bound, even rep gear.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    The next poll we should make is whether everything should be free to players.

It's not really a meaningful poll - there is little reason why a player would want to suffer any type of restriction, if given the choice. Doesn't mean it's something that would be good for the game itself.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    xarynn2058 wrote: »
    Not everything, so no.

Rep items, non-generic mission rewards (set items, unique or mission specific items) should always be bind to character.

Its a straight forward question. Why should a player have to repeat all that hard work on alts from his/her primary toon???? Its too repetitive. Why can't you see that?

• Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,720 Community Moderator
    Yes
    I say yes but with a caveat. Reputation boxes and things of that nature should be restricted to each individual toon you picked them up on.

Things such as lobi consoles like the Bioneural Infusion Circuits should be bound to account. Universal consoles such as Theta Radiation should be bound to account as well. Universals such as those you get on ships should be bound to the individual character you have the ship on.

Overall I say yes because there are certain things that should be BoA, but there are certain things that shouldn't either.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    xarynn2058xarynn2058 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    No
    stuart1965 wrote: »
    xarynn2058 wrote: »
    Not everything, so no.

Its a straight forward question. Why should a player have to repeat all that hard work on alts from his/her primary toon???? Its too repetitive. Why can't you see that?
    Because it defeats any reason to play through any content with an alt. If you can't be bothered to put the effort into getting those items then what is the point of providing them as rewards?

As for repetitive, playing through as a different class is not the same. Furthermore, if you think repeating a mission on an alt for a reward, or completing a (accelerate due to sponsorship) rep faction and working for all the rep gear you want for that alt is repetitive, imagine what it would be like if you had no reason to do any of that. What motivation would you have to do any content on an alt then? None, at, all. You get your alt to 60 and that's it, no STFs no featured episodes, you've done all that on you main, why stop at gear, the rep traits too, they're a grind so have them bound to account too.
    So yeah, get everything bind to account and remove roughly 70% of the motivation to play an alt because it will be all but pointless when you can just pass your gear across from your main.
    What next? Auto leveled to 60 alts because leveling is "too repetitive"???

Instead of asking for the game on a silver platter because you can't be bothered why not consider exactly why such systems are in place before making entitlement demands.

It's poorly though out "I want it all now" attitudes like this that really tempt me to get abusive.
    S1J6m8B.jpg
  • Options
    thenoname711thenoname711 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    Yes
    It would be awesome but it is never going to happen. :)
    Gameserver not found.
  • Options
    lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    No
    I don't think that Faction-restricted gear should be tradable to characters of other factions. If for example you have a Wells temporal ship, then it should remain unusable to Klingon-aligned characters.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    No
    gradii wrote: »
    Yes to things like Lobi store items (all of them) Crafted items (already bind to account on equip) and unlocked outfits.

No to rep items.
    Yeah, I really don't get why Lobi costumes are char unlocks...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    I don't know wether anyone may agree or not, but I have been playing this game roughly 4 years now, as far as i am aware, hard work on a primary toon should be for the account and not for each alt toon of that account. Just an opinion.
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    No
    There are some things that should not be account bound (Reputation items, mostly). Overall, I do think that more items in-game should be account bound, though.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    No
    "Everything"? No, certain Items I think should remain character bind.

Rep gear, fleet gear, some mission rewards, and C-Store ship consoles should be character bind.

Lockbox weapons, random loot, crafted gear, and possibly rep store items (maybe, I don't really care here one way or another), should ALL be accound bind on equip.
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Yes
    westmetals wrote: »
    No to reputation system items (you already have a shortcut to those anyway), no to episode-reward items, no to anything bought with fleet credits. Yes to lockbox/lobi ships and other such items. Yes to doffs (excluding the ones rewarded for doff commendation ranks, perhaps).

The "shortcut" for rep items saves you a mere 600 marks, provided you spend 100 more on the sponsor. Not much of a savings when you could spend up to 5000 for the various things in the reputation system. Now multiply that by the number of characters on the account that want that rep gear and hope the next rep set doesn't end up being better for them.

It isn't cheap and it isn't much of a savings. They are far too expensive and time consuming to be buying for even every other character, especially when it is very likely to be a wasted investment when the next reputation system comes out. For me it means less experimentation, less upgrading, less interest in playing the content long enough to afford a set.
  • Options
    pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    Yes
    I've played through several MMOs now which have currencies accountwide. I said some time ago, this is something which I think STO would benefit form significantly, as it would allow more freedom to hop between characters. Maybe not everything being account bound, but currencies would certainly be a boon. Remember when we were supposed to be getting rid of eleventy different currencies?
  • Options
    rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    No
    There is always a middle ground and the fact that OP is trying to make what is a REALLY big deal so red and blue is annoying.

I think more account wide rewards done a little Delta Recruits would be nice.
  • Options
    Which ever wins this thread,yes or no, it certainly was worth mentioning it. At least I know some are interested in account wide, others are not. Obviously those who said no, like hard repetitive stuff and making work for themselves. Each to their own opinion i guess.
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    No
    Char-Bound stuff makes nice Forumthreads. It should stay.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Yes
    Literally 'everything' is perhaps too, erm, literal. But definitely upgraded, Epic items. The (erroneous) expectation, on PWE's end, that I will upgrade all those again, for an alt, is just ludicrous, and frankly just broke alts for me altogether.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    I'm on board with the "other" camp. I don't believe everything should be account bound, but I do believe a significantly larger number of things should be than currently are -- and yes, that includes permanent Lobi stuff (not consumables, obviously) and maybe Lockbox ships. There are some event items/ships which should receive this treatment as well, such as the Crystalline Energy Torpedo Launcher, the Zefram Cochrane shotgun, the Obelisk, and others.
  • Options
    bwleon7bwleon7 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    Yes
    It would be cool if for a set amount of zen you could unlock any Lock box ship that you have on one character for your others. You would still need to get the ship at least once but then the account unlock would give it to all your other characters. This could be a money maker for Cryptic since people would likely buy the ship once from the exchange but then pay zen to be able to unlock the ship on all their other characters on that account. As long as it's not too high a zen cost I would do this for 250 to 1000 zen maybe depending on the type of ship.
    Dr. Miranda Jones: I understand, Mr. Spock. The glory of creation is in its infinite diversity.
    Mr. Spock: And the ways our differences combine, to create meaning and beauty.

-Star Trek: Is There in Truth No Beauty? (1968)
  • Options
    tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    No
    I voted No, simply because I don't feel that everything should be account bound. There are a few things I feel should be but not everything.