Options

Announcing Season 11 - New Dawn!

Comments

• Options
    vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    zobovor wrote: »
    kirimuffin wrote: »
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Why are we rushing to finish the Iconian War?

Because after dragging out this plot for the past five years, it's about freaking time the writers actually gave us something new.

Actually , they dragged the Klingon war out for 4 years, and then killed it with the magic of friendship .
    The Iconian war was DOA, out classed by the less boring conflicts that came before it due to the cartoon story telling formula : a show is only as good as it's villain .

Sadly.. The Iconian War story arc made the Dominion and Cardassian story arc look good in comparison without all the extra fluff.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    tarran62 wrote: »
    Looks like ESD takes another hard hit, wonder if its coming up in the next few missions?

Its the new trend. Blow up ESD, Klingon or Romulan station every season. So, like they built ESD in a period of 1 year.

• Options
    zobovorzobovor Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    hypl wrote: »
    That trailer was really sad. Not because of the Iconian War, but because Cryptic continues to peddle it as "epic."

There was nothing epic about the war. This was a self contained story that had no impact on the rest of the game. Nothing was lost. Nothing was devastated. Nothing has really changed. Nothing.

And that's different from the Klingon war how ?
    We swallowed that with the proverbial " SQUIRREL !" .

It's just time for "Squirrel 2 : Do You Come Here Often Flyboy / Flygirl ?" .
  • Options
    alauriaalauria Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Yay! now i can play the "send the follower out on missions" game in STO too! /sarcasm off. How about we not steal something from another game and call it new....
  • Options
    ageroth1ageroth1 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    I'm curious to know if Cryptic is ever going to add new music to the game. The existing music is okay and all, but a lot of it is five years old now. Can we get a few new tracks to spice things up? Personally, I'd love to hear something that sounds like it came from one of the movies or shows.
  • Options
    allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    I see another Dil sink, how much up to par with our main ships will our "inactive" ships need to be? But I will hold judgement till that time when you give actual information.
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    I see another Dil sink, how much up to par with our main ships will our "inactive" ships need to be? But I will hold judgement till that time when you give actual information.

I can see them giving our old ships a "gear score" and that will help determine the outcome of the missions we send them on.

They may even add in assigning BOff's to the old ships which would increase the score as well.

Perhaps the missions will have a "ground element" which would mean we would not only have to put decent gear on our old ships but the old BOff's too.

I see many ways that Cryptic could turn this into a major resource sink/money grab. I will hold off judging until it's live but with their track record I'm going in expecting the worst.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »

I can see them giving our old ships a "gear score" and that will help determine the outcome of the missions we send them on.

They may even add in assigning BOff's to the old ships which would increase the score as well.

Perhaps the missions will have a "ground element" which would mean we would not only have to put decent gear on our old ships but the old BOff's too.

I see many ways that Cryptic could turn this into a major resource sink/money grab. I will hold off judging until it's live but with their track record I'm going in expecting the worst.

"gear score", those 2 words make me want to vomit. I pray that they don't start spewing out that nonsense in this game.
  • Options
    chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    So... we win the Iconian war, rebuild at home, and get exploration-related story. Plus a new system to use all our ships as an admiral. AWESOME! This is full of so much win! :smiley:

Kudos on that trailer, too. Very nicely done. Between that, the missions, and the blogs, the war was just long enough and just in-depth enough. Any more, and it would've gotten a little weird and out-of-sync with the rest of STO. The plot has been well executed, and I've enjoyed the missions.

Looking forward to what comes next!
  • Options
    thelordofshadesthelordofshades Member Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Why anyone even wastes time discussing a TRAILER ?

Remember the STLV 2014 STO trailer - what made from it to the game ?

Well, almost ... nothing.

Expect to be the same with the latest trailer.
  • Options
    sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    Bring back the Genesis system.
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    So...a doffing system using our ships as the "Doffs"?
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options

Short answer. Yes. You might have better chances and critical success with Tier 6 ships and up. So $$$ back to Cryptic instant monetization.
  • Options
    supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    Here's to hoping they revamped the Genesis Engine
  • Options
    jasecurtisjasecurtis Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    So from watching the panel in Las Vegas, there'll be two more episodes in the Iconian War arc, bringing it up to eight in total. Not too bad, especially as they're all proper missions unlike in Delta Rising. So far none of them have been as bad as some of the missions in longer arcs like Coliseum or the Devidian missions. Hopefully that won't change with the final two episodes!
    qGPf6Iq.jpg?1
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    6406442009_70cc52d8aa_b.jpg

10 characters too short

f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    6406442009_70cc52d8aa_b.jpg

10 characters too short

LOL. That's classic.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    daviesdaviesdaviesdavies Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    I cant wait to seek out new lifes and new civilisations ... then bomb them from high orbit. Glorioussss Battle!
    Mzd8i1c.gif
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    I know a lot of people are glad the Iconian war is ending, though personally I'm still wishing it would start...

This whole 'war' hasn't felt anything like a war. I haven't felt engaged at all. Most of the war story has been told by disembodied blogs and thrown together videos, but nothing which actually makes me feel like my characters have been engaged in a long bloody war with an impossible enemy. I've enjoyed the stories which have been released, and the new queued missions, but I feel like there's something missing. It's been more like a skirmish and now, I suppose in true Trek style, it's all going to be wrapped up in 45 minutes and never mentioned again.
    ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    jasecurtis wrote: »
    So far none of them have been as bad as some of the missions in longer arcs like Coliseum or the Devidian missions.
    Many - myself included - would not agree with you on that. "Broken Circle" is a near-winner of the title "The worst mission in the whole history of the game".

• Options
    So far none of them have been as bad as some of the missions in longer arcs like Coliseum or the Devidian missions.
    Many - myself included - would not agree with you on that. "Broken Circle" is a near-winner of the title "The worst mission in the whole history of the game".

I simply can't understand that.
    qGPf6Iq.jpg?1
  • Options
    then bomb them from high orbit. Glorioussss Battle!

How is bombing someone from high orbit "a battle", let alone a glorious one ?
    It is a cowardly act worthy of Tal Shiar scum. Your place is at Rura Penthe.

• Options
    fourxgamerfourxgamer Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    I don't care anything about the Iconian War as I've not played any of those episodes. Dyson Spheres, time manipulation, and omega particles are all a turn off for me. So no disappointment on things wrapping up.

I do want to express thankfulness that at the least the need for exploration content is being acknowledged. We needed that casual content in between queues.

Even if the admiralty system is doffing, that's more than we had. A use for ships, even if 2d, is still improvement. The doffing system can be nice if not nerfed and when maintained properly.

I'm tempted to come look around in a month.

If this goes well, perhaps they'll realize the other complaints have been legitimate also. Hourly events were good, pvp is a thing etc.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    zeatrex wrote: »
    This whole Iconian war seems rushed and totally pointless.
    I don't know what is the bigger failure, waiting 5 years for a war to come or the war coming after 5 years and doesn't feel anything like the 5 years that passed made it seem.
    Why anyone even wastes time discussing a TRAILER ?

Remember the STLV 2014 STO trailer - what made from it to the game ?

Well, almost ... nothing.

Expect to be the same with the latest trailer.

This trailer?

https://youtu.be/cn0f46zq1HA

Everything in that trailer made it into the game.
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User

Short answer. Yes. You might have better chances and critical success with Tier 6 ships and up. So $$$ back to Cryptic instant monetization.

I didn't buy any DOffs, and I do alright without purchasing high end minions. If I can do it, so can most others.
  • Options

I didn't buy any DOffs, and I do alright without purchasing high end minions. If I can do it, so can most others.

Yeah, I've never bought any DOffs (unless you mean off the exchange, but that's only EC) and never felt a need to. It's just a system there to give you a little extra when you're not in game as far as I'm concerned.
    qGPf6Iq.jpg?1
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    then bomb them from high orbit. Glorioussss Battle!

How is bombing someone from high orbit "a battle", let alone a glorious one ?
    It is a cowardly act worthy of Tal Shiar scum. Your place is at Rura Penthe.

Sure it is, but it is the only way to be sure!
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User

Hyberbole much?
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    chipg7 wrote: »

Hyberbole much?

Not really.

The mission really was just that bad.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    chipg7 wrote: »

Hyberbole much?

Not really.

The mission really was just that bad.

It really was.

I'd place it second only to Divide et Impera, but since that's long been removed from the game, Broken Circle definitely takes the top spot as worst mission.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter