Install Arc

Who are you guys trying to fool?

Comments

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I miss the old DOOOOOOOOOOM Thread.
    very-sad.gif
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • deadspacex64deadspacex64 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    OP, good points, and what's wrong is rather complex.

Pay to advance. all Tier 6 ships have to be bought with zen.

Fleet Lockout. some of the most desirable gear not only locked into fleets...but require a huge investment for the fleet to even get to and then yet more to have stock of. Armada doesn't fix this.

Flat costs for all fleets regardless of size. small small fleets have identical costs to large fleets, there is no sliding scale and there should have been one.

then there's just the miscellaneous newb unfriendly systems. everything requiring dilithium endgame combined with an 8k limit per day.

realizing at some point after you start that unless you have a whole lot of friends you're own fleet is impractical. leveling, getting gear, upgrading gear, buying ships or upgrade modules AND donating to fleet projects...good luck with that. once again, armada doesn't help.

then there's ships, sets, and various gear that can no longer be acquired. or only acquired through high payout in both time and potentially money depending how long you want to wait and grind.

utter lack of endgame content...and what's there ranges from simplistic to drawn out from various mechanics that weren't needed. pointless cinematics are another annoyance. this is a game, not a movie.

various unfixed bugs and glitches and some these directly relate to a newbs experience.

and more...but tired of listing stuff that's all been said before.

but, they know all this. it's been said by various people at various times over the years. what you have at the top of cryptic is someone with an ego the size of jupiter relying on old models and methods of design and business models and regardless of results continues to push them as if they work.

so until that person is removed...nothing is ever going to change. there's someone who thinks that everything that brings this game down...is a great idea. there is no talking to someone with such a firm delusion. they are never wrong so anything but praise is ignored.
    Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
    Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
  • solardynamosolardynamo Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Let's see...the OP has:
    • been here since launch
    • implied large amounts of money spent
    • the need to bash the game
    • calling out the Community Manager
    • right to "free speech"
    • obligatory "TRIBBLE" references
    • mentioning history or "business 101"
    • general insults to Cryptic and frankly other players
    And of course spouting doom, conspiracy theories, talking down to people, and calling things "facts" with no justification or stats.

Deleting a thread is "shooting someone in the head" now? Talk about over the top. Well, I'm a newer player so all the potential losses Cryptic has from you, I'm cancelling out. In fact just to be over the top I've bought the Resolute this week.

If you're not having fun then leave, but to come here in Cryptics "house" and call them TRIBBLE and spout unsubstantiated diatribes about their business and so-called conspiracies...yeah, I'd close your thread too. Just try going to a mall and stand there shouting obscenities...see how far you "free speech" goes.

Edit note: The **** = Gestapo, SS, Luftwaffe, master race, etc.
    Post edited by solardynamo on
  • svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    I'm surprised that guy that always trots out the steam charts hasn't been here yet.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    I miss the old DOOOOOOOOOOM Thread.
    very-sad.gif

You and be both friend. *Sigh* you and be both.​​
    I missed those good points. I'm about to miss the complexity too.
    You don't need T6 am I right? I have yet to see content that a decent T5 or T5u couldn't handle so I don't believe advancement is stopped.
    Fleet Lockout. some of the most desirable gear not only locked into fleets...but require a huge investment for the fleet to even get to and then yet more to have stock of. Armada doesn't fix this.
    They don't just hand out desirable gear. You have to do things to get it.
    Flat costs for all fleets regardless of size. small small fleets have identical costs to large fleets, there is no sliding scale and there should have been one.
    So there would be no reason to have big fleets if things scaled then everyone would have small fleets and pay less for said desirable gear.
    then there's just the miscellaneous newb unfriendly systems. everything requiring dilithium endgame combined with an 8k limit per day.
    Things cost a certain amount and you can't just buy them all in one day.
    realizing at some point after you start that unless you have a whole lot of friends you're own fleet is impractical. leveling, getting gear, upgrading gear, buying ships or upgrade modules AND donating to fleet projects...good luck with that. once again, armada doesn't help.
    Right, it's a progression and a path.
    then there's ships, sets, and various gear that can no longer be acquired. or only acquired through high payout in both time and potentially money depending how long you want to wait and grind.
    Now this I understand because I'd like a couple ships that might no longer be available. I understand why they are not available though. I want a McRib right now. Curse you McDonalds.
    utter lack of endgame content...and what's there ranges from simplistic to drawn out from various mechanics that weren't needed. pointless cinematics are another annoyance. this is a game, not a movie.
    Now we've just gone over 4-5 things you wanted "rush" because they take too long or too much to accomplish and then you're complaining there is nothing to do at the end and it's over too quickly?
    various unfixed bugs and glitches and some these directly relate to a newbs experience.
    I'm pretty new(ish) and I have yet to have some game ruining experience. Total glitch count for me in 6 months? One. Results may vary, but don't paint a broad stroke for everyone's experience.
    but, they know all this. it's been said by various people at various times over the years. what you have at the top of cryptic is someone with an ego the size of jupiter relying on old models and methods of design and business models and regardless of results continues to push them as if they work.
    Now insults about "ego" and "business" which is standard fare. It's petty and childish, not to mention passive-aggressive.
    so until that person is removed...nothing is ever going to change. there's someone who thinks that everything that brings this game down...is a great idea. there is no talking to someone with such a firm delusion. they are never wrong so anything but praise is ignored.
    So now it's a nameless person being blamed and obviously their intent is to do everything wrong, negative, an evil with the grand design to run this game into the ground.

This whole post is smoke & mirrors designed to incite the masses I suppose (and masquerade as complexity that the average player like myself can't possibly understand), but I can't get on-board with "Hate Cryptic and insult every move they make no matter what" as a strategy. Plus I don't have a torch or a pitchfork handy.

• shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    Plus I don't have a torch or a pitchfork handy.

Don't you? :confused: Because from where I'm standing you sure seem to have both ready, just aimed in a different direction.
    HQroeLu.jpg
    shpoks wrote: »
    Plus I don't have a torch or a pitchfork handy.

Don't you? :confused: Because from where I'm standing you sure seem to have both ready, just aimed in a different direction.

So you will comment about me, but not a thing about Gestapo and SS references being casually tossed about.
    What a fun forum indeed.
  • aoax10aoax10 Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    Some of you are so thick-headed to read. The OP said he had already left before Season 10.5. It's not an I quit thread.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,461 Community Moderator
    So this is a "I already quit, you guys should follow because the ship is sinking" thread?

Yup... DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!

Sorry, but citing ONLY Steam as an accurate player count and proof of population decline is in itself inaccurate. Steam is one of 3 methods of getting into the game, the other two being the Arc launcher and the standalone launcher. So right there you are ignoring at least 2/3rds of the game's population at least.

Also... nice rant... I'd accept friendly EC donations but you said you already left so...
    WHY ARE YOU STILL RANTING ON THE FORUMS?

Had to get that out of my system.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    So you will comment about me, but not a thing about Gestapo and SS references being casually tossed about.
    What a fun forum indeed.

Yes, because I don't pretend to be the forum police like many people around here, aparently.
    The TRIBBLE and all other prohibited references will be dealt by the CM - LaughingTrendy or any of the couple of people that have "forum moderator" in their signature and forum title. Not by me, not by you, not by any of the wanabee moderators on this forum because none of us has the power to do anything other about it than making it worse by giving it more attention.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    Yes, because I don't pretend to be the forum police like many people around here, aparently.

Yes, heaven forbid we deal in a little community moderation of our own.
    tumblr_n1hmq4Xl7S1rzu2xzo2_400.gif
    Yes, heaven forbid we deal in a little community moderation of our own.

Please enlighten me as to how you'll moderate the post(s) in question without any of the forum moderating tools that are at the CM/Mods disposal? Or do you consider the continous parroting of "Nah-nah-nah-han, Trendy will ban you now for sure" as "community moderation"?
    HQroeLu.jpg
    Please enlighten me as to how you'll moderate the post(s) in question without any of the forum moderating tools that are at the CM/Mods disposal? Or do you consider the continous parroting of "Nah-nah-nah-han, Trendy will ban you now for sure" as "community moderation"?

You're the one who dropped 'forum police'. How can there be forum police if, as you said, we can't community moderate?
    edited July 2015
    You're the one who dropped 'forum police'. How can there be forum police if, as you said, we can't community moderate?

I suggest you pay attention when you attempt to discuss something. If you or me don't happen to be police officers, that doesn't mean there is no police service in the state. There is a 'forum police' that consists of the STO Community Manager and our volounteer moderators, but I already said that previously. Like I said, you need to pay attention.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited July 2015

Well, except the three Tier 6 event ships that have been released over the last six/seven months. But what's an inconvenient reality to the cherry picked state of anger that we want to maintain. No, fleets gear is mandatory, T6 is mandatory, and cryptic is dedicating their time and energy solely to pissing us off because they are mean and spiteful people whose only remaining reason for existence in this world is getting on my goat! Get off Bessie, she's had enough!

Anyway, when looking at a thread like this its worth thinking about it from the perspective of someone who hasn't been paying attention to the "hot issues" for the last five minutes. Basically someone like me. I really can't see what this is over and I can't imagine anything going on in game right now that can possibly justify an emotionally charged rant. Ships still go boom, new missions still crop up every now and then, and the original borg STF's are just about the only PVE's people bother grinding. Look, this is a video game and (to cover all conceivable bases) its operating according to some very, very popular conventions in online gaming (I was talking with some other aficionados this weekend and its striking just how unremarkable STO is.)

It works, much to the annoyance of those who've been saying "This game is dying!" for the last 5 years (everyone wants to be a messiah). And to say the least not a single thing said here can ever contradict what cryptic can see for themselves in their own population figures and revenue stream, or at least contradict data sufficiently for those words to have more power than statistics. And that isn't to say "they can just do whatever the hell they feel like!" because they can't. They have to use evidence based reasoning (else the game would very quickly stop being here) and without comparable evidence all we have here is, when you get right down to it, noise (ie. something that doesn't always have information content.)

Some may be angry, but so what? Its just a reaction and one that doesn't necessarily have to have anything to do with the game. Words are, after all, quite fluffy. Just take a look at this very post. I've extrapolated four paragraphs from a single "meh."
    Post edited by duncanidaho11 on
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • rickdankorickdanko Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Sorry, to hear it, qrtrmstr. I understand how you feel, and I agree with you. I'm thankful for people like you who speak up. Hopefully you'll be back soon and can come back with a fresh perspective and find something you like about the game that you can focus on.

Take care, friend. :)
    They're not really gone, as long as we remember them
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • deadspacex64deadspacex64 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    I missed those good points. I'm about to miss the complexity too.
    You don't need T6 am I right? I have yet to see content that a decent T5 or T5u couldn't handle so I don't believe advancement is stopped.
    They don't just hand out desirable gear. You have to do things to get it.
    So there would be no reason to have big fleets if things scaled then everyone would have small fleets and pay less for said desirable gear.
    Things cost a certain amount and you can't just buy them all in one day.
    Right, it's a progression and a path.
    Now this I understand because I'd like a couple ships that might no longer be available. I understand why they are not available though. I want a McRib right now. Curse you McDonalds.
    Now we've just gone over 4-5 things you wanted "rush" because they take too long or too much to accomplish and then you're complaining there is nothing to do at the end and it's over too quickly?
    I'm pretty new(ish) and I have yet to have some game ruining experience. Total glitch count for me in 6 months? One. Results may vary, but don't paint a broad stroke for everyone's experience.
    Now insults about "ego" and "business" which is standard fare. It's petty and childish, not to mention passive-aggressive.
    So now it's a nameless person being blamed and obviously their intent is to do everything wrong, negative, an evil with the grand design to run this game into the ground.

This whole post is smoke & mirrors designed to incite the masses I suppose (and masquerade as complexity that the average player like myself can't possibly understand), but I can't get on-board with "Hate Cryptic and insult every move they make no matter what" as a strategy. Plus I don't have a torch or a pitchfork handy.

obviously you don't understand and shouldn't have bothered commenting. you only look at this from your point of view, cute, sorry, but your point of view isn't everyones or even a majority view. annnnd, your point of view that every thing is flowers and unicorns doesn't address any of the real problems. you say one thing...the reality of how the game is doing and has been doing says otherwise...so keep your rose colored glasses comments out of any serious conversation eh? you want to make serious points and back them up, fine. you want to try and be funny and clever while offering nothing of substance...why waste your time? you're not clever, you're not insightful you're just the typical white knight acting like this game is your mother and someone insulted it.

fact is, sto would be doing MUCH better if they modified some of the systems they currently have in place. it has very real issues and that has been proven by player population declining AND all the cost savings implemented by cryptic. why don't you maybe...i don't know maybe look at reality? another very important fact...if this game wasn't star trek it would have died already. any company that tried to put out an mmo with the levels of general wtf this game has would never survive...and that's been proven. how? by games with similar models that out right died shortly after launch.

they had no ready made fanbase though...
    Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
    Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
    edited July 2015
    obviously you don't understand and shouldn't have bothered commenting. you only look at this from your point of view, cute, sorry, but your point of view isn't everyones or even a majority view. annnnd, your point of view that every thing is flowers and unicorns doesn't address any of the real problems. you say one thing...the reality of how the game is doing and has been doing says otherwise...so keep your rose colored glasses comments out of any serious conversation eh? you want to make serious points and back them up, fine. you want to try and be funny and clever while offering nothing of substance...why waste your time? you're not clever, you're not insightful you're just the typical white knight acting like this game is your mother and someone insulted it.

fact is, sto would be doing MUCH better if they modified some of the systems they currently have in place. it has very real issues and that has been proven by player population declining AND all the cost savings implemented by cryptic. why don't you maybe...i don't know maybe look at reality? another very important fact...if this game wasn't star trek it would have died already. any company that tried to put out an mmo with the levels of general wtf this game has would never survive...and that's been proven. how? by games with similar models that out right died shortly after launch.

they had no ready made fanbase though...

• Lack of puncutation and basic grammar
    • Random caps lock
    • Claims facts from subjective opinion
    • 'white knight'
    • DOOOOOOOOM

uPmlZHV.gif
  • hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    What a fun forum indeed.

The TRIBBLE and all other prohibited references will be dealt by the CM - LaughingTrendy or any of the couple of people that have "forum moderator" in their signature and forum title. Not by me, not by you, not by any of the wanabee moderators on this forum because none of us has the power to do anything other about it than making it worse by giving it more attention.

29490-Picard-applause-clapping-gif-s5nz.gif

Leave the moderating to the moderators.
    Shpoks, he is a wise man.

Some other person said : "Yes, heaven forbid we deal in a little community moderation of our own."
    Try this.
    Stop telling someone else everything wrong with their post, simply report it and move on.
    Spend that time you save playing the game you are here defending.
    Just a thought.

~HippieJohn~
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    hippiejon wrote: »

Leave the moderating to the moderators.

Stop telling someone else everything wrong with their post, simply report it and move on.

So, don't do that thing that you just did?
    Post edited by thegrandnagus1 on

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    • Lack of puncutation and basic grammar
    • Random caps lock
    • Claims facts from subjective opinion
    • 'white knight'
    • DOOOOOOOOM
    They sure do like to use the same dead-end nonsense over and over again, don't they? As if they're just wanting to shut down the opposition with whining rather than using an actual convincing argument.

Just don't take the bait. Move along, report the thread for being just another DOOOOOOOOOOOM thread and go on with your life..
  • nesomumi2nesomumi2 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    qrtrmstr wrote: »
    I have stopped playing STO.
    And i stoped reading your topic.

• iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    VbgoHP0.jpg

/tencharacters
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    PS Can I haz yur stuff?

No.

Stuff is divvied up between the first two people to ask, you are at least the third. Next time, be quicker.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Just don't take the bait. Move along, report the thread for being just another DOOOOOOOOOOOM thread and go on with your life..

Oh, I reported it this morning. I'm guessing Trendy has been buried in blog posts all day and the other mods, well...

(And can I say I love seeing a Ferengi command a sci ship named the Mastermind. Its perfect.)
  • jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    Over the last decade and a half, everything about MMORPGs has progressed and improved--except the quality of "I'm leaving" posts.
    boldly-watched.png
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    So this is a "I already quit, you guys should follow because the ship is sinking" thread?

Yup... DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!

Sorry, but citing ONLY Steam as an accurate player count and proof of population decline is in itself inaccurate. Steam is one of 3 methods of getting into the game, the other two being the Arc launcher and the standalone launcher. So right there you are ignoring at least 2/3rds of the game's population at least.

Also... nice rant... I'd accept friendly EC donations but you said you already left so...
    WHY ARE YOU STILL RANTING ON THE FORUMS?

Had to get that out of my system.
    also... Steam only counts people who login via the steam client. If you don't, and you have good reason not to, then steam has no idea how often you play.

Oh and HIPPIE! You're NOT DEAD! *hugs*
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    So OP the question of the day is if you quit why are you still posting? Just leave already I guarntee nobody will miss you. Buh Bye Have a nice life Buh Bye.
  • rickdankorickdanko Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    I guarntee nobody will miss you.
    I'll miss him. You don't speak for me.

They're not really gone, as long as we remember them
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.