test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Its great that Cryptic is now becomming more generous.

Comments

• Options
    stumpfgobsstumpfgobs Member Posts: 297 Arc User
    ah, the entitlement horde is on the roll again. If cryptic decided to make ships according to their sales and how the players are distributed over the factions, kdf and roms would've gotten like 8 ships total or even less. They are trying to push out more ships for the lesser factions at their own expense and people are still shitting all over it. I'm more and more beginning to see why they avoid their own forums.
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    stumpfgobs wrote: »
    ah, the entitlement horde is on the roll again. If cryptic decided to make ships according to their sales and how the players are distributed over the factions, kdf and roms would've gotten like 8 ships total or even less. They are trying to push out more ships for the lesser factions at their own expense and people are still shitting all over it. I'm more and more beginning to see why they avoid their own forums.

if they didn't want to make a multi faction game they should not have agreed to make a multi faction game. I've played alot MMOs sto is the only, yes that includes other star trek ones, that screws over any faction period. and yes, except the factions are still missing key primary faction ship type where is the t6 bop? the carrier? the sci ships for anyone besides feds. and don't give me the everyone else is too dumb or faction should exclusive that went out the window the moment they give feds kdf style ships and they have space ships they must have scientist and ships for their use, as test beds for weaponizing various phenomenon at least. and now they seem to be backsliding on the little bit they've done. so check your entitlement. as far as cost, making sure the factions are equal, or at least close to it, is just the cost of business for multi faction games. they don't like it. they should shut sto down and make a new one as fed only.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    Sano wrote: »
    kittyflofy wrote: »
    erikosss wrote: »
    Well roms have the greatest ship in the game and its only T5-U.
    Roms are still doing well. :)

I hope you are not talking about the Scimi, cuz that ship is no longer the "best" ship since ages ago.

The scim is the best ship in the game dps wise. Theres no real competition either cause somethings always missing be it pets or battle cloak or something else.

Who says that at this stage of the game probably have zero skills on piloting any ship. Sorry the scimi, as hard as it is for you to believe, stop being the "best" dps wise ship ages ago. Almost any tactical focused T5U-T6 ship can achieve the numbers of the scimitar. If you dont think so, then agan, learn to play first lol.
  • Options
    1) Each canon design represents inspiration for new ships, regardless of whether you base a ship directly on a canon vessel or independent of it.
    2) Cryptic is also busy upgrading canon vessels and giving them a Tier 6 variant, so the number of canon designs is still quite relevant for Cryptic's ship creatino plans.

The Excelsior is the first ship basically since the Pathfinder that wasn't also released alongside with a Tier 6 ship for the KDF or Romulans. I kinda had hoped they could keep doing the three-packs, but apparently not this time. But the leaks that were posted online show still a few packs coming.
    ​​

You can design watever you want if you are not stuck on "canon". You CANT design watever you want if you are stuck on "canon". Is that simple. Really.

Lets see. Mogh, not canon. All the warbirds after the last addition to the rommies, not canon. All the starfleet ships after season 9, not canon. Command cruisers, intel cruisers, and a huge etc. Pilot ships, again not canon, should i go on??

Again, there is not enough material to build kdf ships and rommie ships?? dude, wake up. The same material as there is for starfleet, exactly the same. We are still waiting for the guramba, for the bop, for a rommie pure science ship (and kdf) there are out there a lot of "canon" ships form the kdf that should be updated to T6. The waiting is taking too long while all the starfleet shinys keep poping up every week.

We all know that starfleet favs will never really see whats going on, they think that after all starfleet needs more and more, but please be realistic and stop being a starfleet white knight lol. !!.
  • Options
    lsegnlsegn Member Posts: 594 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    protogoth wrote: »
    tolmarius wrote: »
    Generous to the Feds. Romulans and KDF still have the Red Headed stepchild slot. As evidenced by the introduction of yet another T6 Fed ship, while we are still waiting for the rectification of the blatant favoritism shown in the Delta Operations pack.

Even in the face of the infographic that provided what everyone has been saying for years. You still feel as a company they should give such a small portion of the playerbase as much attention as the larger one? Ignoring the fact that they have to literally build these new ships from scratch which requires more time. Where is the money in focusing on a portion of the playerbase that wont purchase as many new ship designs?

As I've just pointed out to rattler in the other thread, ALL of the ships in the Delta Pack were original designs, including the Fed ships. Trying to claim that having to build all of the RRF and KDF ships from scratch somehow makes the Fed-heavy pack justified is rather inane, since they had to build all of the Fed ships from scratch as well.

Not true. One of the Federation ones - the Dauntless - was based on a canon ship (although it was one that guest-starred in a single episode, so I'll forgive you for missing it).

Though of the remaining eight ships in the pack, it's still a 4-2-2 split, so your point is mostly still valid.

Considering that FED players outnumber KDF and Rommies 3-1 that's actually more than fair.
  • Options
    alex284 wrote: »
    As for the Scim, it's still the best ship in the game in terms of DPS

No, its not..

Oh how I enjoy a good idiot... ;)

http://youtu.be/zzl-LbOi8bQ
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    Juuuusssttt... wait for it.

The back-lash is coming...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    phalanx01phalanx01 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    BANG!!! Well entitlement is always an issue in any MMO these days. I've played from day err... -5? Was early access so day 1 doesn't apply fully. But people can't expect to get the best of everything just like that. Plasmonic Leech? I initially got that when I bought the Vandal Destroyer. Wasn't even a lockbox item back then, was just something you got from a ship. Lockboxes are spoiling people in a way that feeds the entitlement sometimes I think.

Only thing I am currently whining about is the Krenim Science Dreadnaught... been looking forward to that ship since the rumors started and am shattered to find out it isn't even in the Krenim lockbox. Guess that's my "entitlement" issue then.
  • Options
    nightken wrote: »
    as far as cost, making sure the factions are equal, or at least close to it, is just the cost of business for multi faction games. they don't like it. they should shut sto down and make a new one as fed only.

The factions are not equal. They are not meant to be equal. They never will be equal.

You're entitled to exactly nothing. Those mini-factions do get way more than they are worth and it is a courtesy to us, the playerbase, not some attempt to feed the self-righteous entitlement issues of a whiny minority of always angry forum trolls. Wake up.
  • Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited July 2015

Not at all. I'll let tolmarius give you the statistics.
    nightken wrote: »
    as far as cost, making sure the factions are equal, or at least close to it, is just the cost of business for multi faction games. they don't like it. they should shut sto down and make a new one as fed only.

The factions are not equal. They are not meant to be equal. They never will be equal.

You're entitled to exactly nothing. Those mini-factions do get way more than they are worth and it is a courtesy to us, the playerbase, not some attempt to feed the self-righteous entitlement issues of a whiny minority of always angry forum trolls. Wake up.

Spoken like a true man of privilege who has no grasp of what disenfranchisement is, and who has no concept of what faction balance signifies.
  • Options
    solardynamosolardynamo Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    First and foremost, this thread starts with a nice backhanded compliment. Like if my boss gives me a soda and I go tell her "hey it's great you're becoming more generous." I'm sure she'd take that real well.

I know I've bought a bunch of ships and I have my eye on three or four others...all Fed. Every ship I have is Fed (well one Andorian to unlock something or other). I know I wouldn't buy a KDF or Rom ship at all, so I don't blame Cryptic for making things that will make money. That is what having a business is about. If you cater to the smallest segment of people and only a portion of those will actually spend money, well...that's business suicide.
  • Options
    First and foremost, this thread starts with a nice backhanded compliment. Like if my boss gives me a soda and I go tell her "hey it's great you're becoming more generous." I'm sure she'd take that real well.

I know I've bought a bunch of ships and I have my eye on three or four others...all Fed. Every ship I have is Fed (well one Andorian to unlock something or other). I know I wouldn't buy a KDF or Rom ship at all, so I don't blame Cryptic for making things that will make money. That is what having a business is about. If you cater to the smallest segment of people and only a portion of those will actually spend money, well...that's business suicide.

Only because they are not making as much money with other faction than starfleet doesnt mean they need to just forget about it. We are customers after all. And honestly, im pretty sure there are more than enough kdf and rommie players and ship sells to at least "Try" to balance things a bit. Its a business but again, we talk about cryptic. Well , you should know. Of course starfleet sells, because starfleet have far more options to sell than the other factions.
  • Options
    faction balance

That's the sad thing. The factions are not balanced as they are right now. Romulans and KDF get more than they are due, yet they still whine and moan about how unfair that is.

And before you ask, i do play all three factions and while i would like to see a romulan and kdf science ship, i won't bicker about it or spew lettered bile all over the forums just because of it.
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    everything they release is non-canon, so i dont see any reason at all to give the feds always more things.

Greatest Playerpopulation-->greater estimated income.
    I think what most people want is a science ship for their kdf/rommies,.

Proof?

Oh and lets not forget, that this time the KDF/Roms get one of the FEDs golden eggs. Especially Roms with their mostly high class ships shouldnt complain. Its not the number of ships thats important, its their quality, and many -even newer additions- to the fed fleet are underperforming.

That being said, they will do what gives them the most -estimated- income. If you complain, dont buy anything anymore, maybe, just maybe, if enough players would do it, they would change. If not your complains are just hypocritical.
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    woodwhity wrote: »
    Oh and lets not forget, that this time the KDF/Roms get one of the FEDs golden eggs.

Now you've had to go and open that can of worms again! Shame on you sir. Anyone care to wager on how long it'll be before someone posts a comment screaming for the Romulan Valdore console again?

Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    faction balance

That's the sad thing. The factions are not balanced as they are right now. Romulans and KDF get more than they are due, yet they still whine and moan about how unfair that is.

And before you ask, i do play all three factions and while i would like to see a romulan and kdf science ship, i won't bicker about it or spew lettered bile all over the forums just because of it.

More than we're due? Do you have any clue how insulting you are being? We are factions. If we are ever to have anything remotely akin to factional balance, then we should be on a par with the FedBrats. Claiming that "x doesn't sell, so we won't make anymore x" is a self-fulfilling prophecy and circular reasoning; it doesn't sell because they don't make it! And Taco has himself admitted that it's circular reasoning. Circular reasoning is a fallacy. Do you know what fallacy means? Do you know why fallacy is a poor basis for decision-making?
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    faction balance

More than we're due? Do you have any clue how insulting you are being? We are factions. If we are ever to have anything remotely akin to factional balance, then we should be on a par with the FedBrats. Claiming that "x doesn't sell, so we won't make anymore x" is a self-fulfilling prophecy and circular reasoning; it doesn't sell because they don't make it! And Taco has himself admitted that it's circular reasoning. Circular reasoning is a fallacy. Do you know what fallacy means? Do you know why fallacy is a poor basis for decision-making?

Translation:

http://youtu.be/YKbx3hbgSN4
  • Options

Proof?

You are new to the forums, i am right?
  • Options

Proof?

Actually I believe you are the new one, less than 10% of people use the forums. A few people whining in a thread doesn't qualify as "most people" and you dodged the question by the way. I'm pretty sure NAMBLA has more public support than a Romulan/KDF science ship does... :|
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User

Oh pls, just because 4-5 people start a new thread every few months doesnt mean that "most people" (>50%) want it. It just means some want it. Some want new Elite missions. Some want terradome back.

And some -albeit very loudly arguing- people want pvp "back". While, and let me make this estimation based on my fleets discussions, and my alliances discussion and the dps channels discussion, more than 80% of the playerbase dont care about pvp (they only care about it when something gets nerfed because some pvp-guys were loud enough; and than they dont care in a good way).

Just being loud doesnt make you part of the majority. It just makes you loud.
  • Options
    It is just common sense lol. KDF players and romulan players have zero pure science ships. And it is a fact that a lot of people over the years have been asking for that. Most of players (obviously who fly kdf) eventually want a pure science ship. I mean, it is not so hard to realize that science is really abandoned in the kdf side and the rommies. People want balance, well this is balance.
  • Options
    solardynamosolardynamo Member Posts: 44 Arc User

Only because they are not making as much money with other faction than starfleet doesnt mean they need to just forget about it. We are customers after all. And honestly, im pretty sure there are more than enough kdf and rommie players and ship sells to at least "Try" to balance things a bit. Its a business but again, we talk about cryptic. Well , you should know. Of course starfleet sells, because starfleet have far more options to sell than the other factions.

I should think Starfleet sells because that what all the tv shows and movies are about.

Yes everyone is a customer, but when 100+ hours of work sells 10,000 units or a 3,000 units makes a difference. There's no motive there and it's not a personal punishment from Cryptic. They aren't sitting around trying to think of ways to TRIBBLE customers over. They are trying to make money.

FedBrats. Insulting indeed...
  • Options
    kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    faction balance

With the exception of the word "FedBrats" (and even then I understand why you said it) the voice of reason and balance is obvious. And what does the opposition have? Name calling and a clip from South Park. In the case of Matlock v. Cartman, It's a default decision
  • Options
    We are factions.
    That's what it says on the lid but the truth is, romulans and klingons are minorities. You don't seem to grasp that.
    If we are ever to have anything remotely akin to factional balance, then we should be on a par with the FedBrats. Claiming that "x doesn't sell, so we won't make anymore x" is a self-fulfilling prophecy and circular reasoning; it doesn't sell because they don't make it! And Taco has himself admitted that it's circular reasoning. Circular reasoning is a fallacy. Do you know what fallacy means? Do you know why fallacy is a poor basis for decision-making?

Lots of assumptions, lots of stuff i never said and insults on top of it.

Well, let me check my map so i can point you toward the nearest windmill. Good luck and good day.

• Options
    vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    potasssium wrote: »
    I do think it would have been appriate canon wise to give KDF and Romies a updated K'tinga, with the Romulans having a Singularity Core version, based on both races using the D7 in TOS.

[SNIP}

Romulans should have a D7 as a lower tier option canon wise in my opinion as well.

Quoted for Truth and wholeheartedly seconded.
  • Options
    We are factions.
    That's what it says on the lid but the truth is, romulans and klingons are minorities. You don't seem to grasp that.
    If we are ever to have anything remotely akin to factional balance, then we should be on a par with the FedBrats. Claiming that "x doesn't sell, so we won't make anymore x" is a self-fulfilling prophecy and circular reasoning; it doesn't sell because they don't make it! And Taco has himself admitted that it's circular reasoning. Circular reasoning is a fallacy. Do you know what fallacy means? Do you know why fallacy is a poor basis for decision-making?

Lots of assumptions, lots of stuff i never said and insults on top of it.

Well, let me check my map so i can point you toward the nearest windmill. Good luck and good day.

The simple fact of the matter is that it does not matter how many players each faction has when we are speaking of factional balance. Balance the factions and there might be more of a population balance as well. Keep shafting the KDF and RRF and the imbalance in population is not likely to be ameliorated. Surely you grasp that, but perhaps you simply prefer to revel in the greater opportunities and privilege available to the Feds.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User

You seem to believe that if Cryptic spends resources to make a ship, it doesn't matter whether they make it a Starfleet vessel or a KDF vessel or a Romulan vessel, they will make the same amount of money?

Because I strongly suspect that you are wrong. If it was irrelevant for the return on investment what faction Cryptic made a ship for, then they would in fact treat all factions equal with ship releases.
    ​​
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    nesomumi2nesomumi2 Member Posts: 359 Arc User

I hope you are not talking about the Scimi, cuz that ship is no longer the "best" ship since ages ago.

i hope you are gonna tell us what that best ship is now. ​​
This discussion has been closed.