test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What is IQ Fleet?

I keep hearing a lot about IQ fleet and I'm really curious. What do they do and why should I be concerned?

Answers

• Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    They are some guys who know things long before official word gets out. But you're not supposed to talk about them. Linking their webpage for example is a bannable offense, but giving advice on how to find it isn't, appearently.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    they're like fight club, and you know the first rule of fight club right? :p same rule applies... itd be best to ask someone in private messages
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Say whatever you want, this forum clearly isn't moderated.

They ask that you don't link to them from forums, but you can find their 'leaks' page by doing a google search on 'Star Trek Online IQ fleet.'

I don't give a rats behind if we're supposed to talk about it or not, the only person that ever does anything moderation wise is Trendy. In fact, sometimes it seems like no one but Trendy does anything at all. These so called 'moderators' should be doing their jobs so that Trendy doesn't have to. She has enough to do.

If they don't like it, they can delete the thread (yeah, right) but you can talk about what you want. There are far worse threads then this one that are clearly not being dealt with. There are no rules here.​​
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Fight club, nobody talks about fight club.....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    lol! That signature fits perfectly in that post.

As far as the subject, we don't talk about them, nor do we link their page. We do however talk about what they tell us (See the Excel threads in the shipyard and talk of the temporal weapon ship).
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 283 Arc User
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Fight club, nobody talks about fight club.....

Well, a fight club only exists as a violation of its prime directive. If nobody was allowed to talk about fight club, only one person would know about it (its owner). And you can't fight alone...

So, as in case of IQ Fleet, you have to bend the rules... :wink:
    ryuga81.png
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    (...)
    I don't give a rats behind if we're supposed to talk about it or not, the only person that ever does anything moderation wise is Trendy. In fact, sometimes it seems like no one but Trendy does anything at all. These so called 'moderators' should be doing their jobs so that Trendy doesn't have to. She has enough to do.(...)

The "so-called moderators" DO their jobs - this is why they can't moderate the forums. They're volunteers, not employees.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »

The "so-called moderators" DO their jobs - this is why they can't moderate the forums. They're volunteers, not employees.

I understand that they're volunteers, but what difference does that make?

They shouldn't volunteer if they don't want to do the job. If they sign up as moderators, then they should moderate the forum. I don't care if they're volunteers or not, don't sign up if all you want is a shiny forum badge.

I'm not talking about immediate results, I'm talking about threads that are several days old that should have been taken care of a long time ago. I appreciate that they're not paid employees, but they shouldn't volunteer for a job they have no intention of actually doing.​​
  • Options
    kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    Even leading someone indirectly to leaked information OR discussing it is still a clear TOU violation, just because it hasn't been enforced recently (And among many other things as well) doesn't mean it's allowed, so it's best not to methinks.
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Even leading someone indirectly to leaked information OR discussing it is still a clear TOU violation, just because it hasn't been enforced recently (And among many other things as well) doesn't mean it's allowed, so it's best not to methinks.

If you don't namedrop the new shipclass or put out direct links to them-who-must-not-be-named or pictures of said ships it really dosen't matter anymore. We had threads about almost every T6 ship months before they were even announced thanks to them.
    And even if people don't post links to that stuff directly you'll be sure to find some reddit link to lead you there eventually.
    I remember that only two or three days after they dug up the first infos about the t6 gal we had the first threads celebrating it's arrival.
  • Options
    sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »

The "so-called moderators" DO their jobs - this is why they can't moderate the forums. They're volunteers, not employees.

They shouldn't volunteer if they don't want to do the job. If they sign up as moderators, then they should moderate the forum. I don't care if they're volunteers or not, don't sign up if all you want is a shiny forum badge.

I'm not talking about immediate results, I'm talking about threads that are several days old that should have been taken care of a long time ago. I appreciate that they're not paid employees, but they shouldn't volunteer for a job they have no intention of actually doing.

They don't sign up, they're asked to be mods. The most v-mods can do is close threads and then only if there is visible harassment or core Frequently Closed Threads. Trendy is the only person allowed to ban anyone(that i know of) or give the okay for v-mods to close new forms of troll threads.
    ​​
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • Options
    reyan01 wrote: »
    My only issue with this whole scenario is the number of threads that pop up, discussing ships that are rumoured to be in the proverbial pipeline, which don’t make it clear that they are technically spoilers.
    It becomes difficult to differentiate between speculation threads, wish-list threads, and threads that were created to discuss ships that are actually ‘work in progress’.

I don't really understand why people feel this way to be honest. It's not a 'spoiler' to tell you what ships are going to be released next, a 'spoiler' is something that ruins and ending of a story before you have seen it. All IQ does is tell you what the upcoming lock box and C-Store ship bundles are going to be and even that information is subject to change on Cryptic's end before release.

That's why I don't understand why Cryptic would have any problem with the discussion, technically they're just speculating like the rest of us, they're just basing their speculation on more solid information. Nothing that IQ says is set in stone, they're just far more reliable then most speculation.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator

I'm not talking about immediate results, I'm talking about threads that are several days old that should have been taken care of a long time ago. I appreciate that they're not paid employees, but they shouldn't volunteer for a job they have no intention of actually doing.​​

If you're referring to the lack of mods appearing over the weekend... its the weekend. The volunteer mods have lives of their own just like we do.

Also it used to be that we had to actually PM a mod or hope they notice when things were going off the deep end. Now we do have the option to flag posts for mods to check out. And probably over the weekend the flags stack up. Didn't help with the recent plasma spam if you know what I mean.

Anyways... At best, we've got 2 mods vs how many forumites a day here? And they can't be everywhere at once. They're only human.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    My only issue with this whole scenario is the number of threads that pop up, discussing ships that are rumoured to be in the proverbial pipeline, which don’t make it clear that they are technically spoilers.
    It becomes difficult to differentiate between speculation threads, wish-list threads, and threads that were created to discuss ships that are actually ‘work in progress’.

Well, obviously. Because unless a poster actually comes out an says "this is leaked information," there is no difference between a lucky guess and a leak.

If you feel spoiled by speculation that ends up being right, you shouldn't read speculation threads at all.
  • Options
    vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    I agree. If someone takes the time to open and read a speculation or can be . Its on them not IQ.

IQ keep the speculation coming and tell me about the coming T6 Ha'feh must have.

then
    warpangel wrote: »

Well, obviously. Because unless a poster actually comes out an says "this is leaked information," there is no difference between a lucky guess and a leak.

If you feel spoiled by speculation that ends up being right, you shouldn't read speculation threads at all.

• Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    To answer your question, IQ Fleet is a fleet known for accessing gamefiles to try and discern upcoming content. The methods exhibited and the posting of unreleased content are against our rules. :)
This discussion has been closed.