test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tales of the War #12

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
With the Krenim assisting the Alliance's efforts, the Corps of Engineers are attempting construction of both a brand new ship as well as experimental weaponry! Nog has since headed up the efforts himself.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9442393

~LaughingTrendy

Comments

• angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    yay for Nog.
  • random909random909 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    I hope we get to command this venerable vessel... And it's NOT in a Krenim Lockbox.... But I'll hold my judgement until I have more information provided to me. :)
  • smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    Nog is top dog...
    ​​
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ironmercerironmercer Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    ..so the poster looks exactly like my character, even wearing my current uniform...I had no idea a bluegill got me!
    STOSignature.jpg
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Ah.. good old Sisko leadership skills. Nog learned from the best.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User

That plus a little kick in the butt from Vic Fontaine.​​
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    Yikes, they ARE building the time weapon. This has serious potential to go into territory where they may win the war at the cost of their souls. As "Year of H*ll" asks, are all victories worth winning, and all prices worth paying?

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User

Good leadership skills... you're talking about Sisko's temper tantrums?
  • yorethelyorethel Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    Hmm I noticed on the poster beware the signs of infestation "An appetite for live grubs" well that's the Ferengi screwed en-masse... :D

• worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    I predict that we will have an entire mission about building this thing, with gratuitous fawning over Voyager that will make my blood pressure spike.

I further predict that it will be named after Annorax, we will somehow know his entire history from the two-parter despite the fact that he lived a normal, happy life in the timeline we know, and it'll look just like the original weapon ship.

OK, that second bit happened in the Time In A Bottle FE, but still. The writing for the last 4 episodes has been so weak that I've barely been able to slog through the (very pretty, very hastily written) missions.

Frankly, I'd rather have one FE every 2 months that actually makes sense and is well-written than a FE every three weeks that's packed with cliches, nonsensical "tactics", the abject incompetence of House Pegh, blatant contradictions of canon, and pointless references to stuff that never happened in this timeline. Guys, I'm playing a Star Trek game. Do you really think I haven't seen Star Trek? I don't need Annorax's history regurgitated at me, I don't need my character to wax eloquent about how brilliant and troubled he was (especially since by all appearances he had no reason to be in this timeline). I want a nice, tight story about bringing the hurt to the Iconians.

Also, if you're going to make the Iconians the completely incompetent hammy posers you've been going with, may I suggest lampshading it? I know that Mass Effect 2 has a Renegade interrupt option at one point when a bad guy starts monologuing; maybe letting us shoot the Iconians in the middle of their lengthy rants about how weak we are? Because these nimrods have literally handed us victory after victory and chunk of intel after chunk of vital intel despite House Pegh's greatest attempts to doom us all through cluelessness.

Anyway. Just my beef with the writing.

I'm sure that the next episode will be very pretty, as will the Krenim timeship. I'm sure that Tacofangs and the art team will be having a ball on it. I'm sure that I will once again stop fighting and ignore the mission objectives just to look around and enjoy the beautiful scenery. But I'm also quite certain that actually playing the mission will require blood pressure meds.
  • themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    worffan101 wrote: »
    I predict that we will have an entire mission about building this thing, with gratuitous fawning over Voyager that will make my blood pressure spike.

I further predict that it will be named after Annorax, we will somehow know his entire history from the two-parter despite the fact that he lived a normal, happy life in the timeline we know, and it'll look just like the original weapon ship.

OK, that second bit happened in the Time In A Bottle FE, but still. The writing for the last 4 episodes has been so weak that I've barely been able to slog through the (very pretty, very hastily written) missions.

Frankly, I'd rather have one FE every 2 months that actually makes sense and is well-written than a FE every three weeks that's packed with cliches, nonsensical "tactics", the abject incompetence of House Pegh, blatant contradictions of canon, and pointless references to stuff that never happened in this timeline. Guys, I'm playing a Star Trek game. Do you really think I haven't seen Star Trek? I don't need Annorax's history regurgitated at me, I don't need my character to wax eloquent about how brilliant and troubled he was (especially since by all appearances he had no reason to be in this timeline). I want a nice, tight story about bringing the hurt to the Iconians.

Also, if you're going to make the Iconians the completely incompetent hammy posers you've been going with, may I suggest lampshading it? I know that Mass Effect 2 has a Renegade interrupt option at one point when a bad guy starts monologuing; maybe letting us shoot the Iconians in the middle of their lengthy rants about how weak we are? Because these nimrods have literally handed us victory after victory and chunk of intel after chunk of vital intel despite House Pegh's greatest attempts to doom us all through cluelessness.

I'm sure that the next episode will be very pretty, as will the Krenim timeship. I'm sure that Tacofangs and the art team will be having a ball on it. I'm sure that I will once again stop fighting and ignore the mission objectives just to look around and enjoy the beautiful scenery. But I'm also quite certain that actually playing the mission will require blood pressure meds.

ndssh.jpg
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • neogabi1neogabi1 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Woo! Go Nog!
    Also WWSD may have to be my Feddy's new mantra. =P
    Team Fencebane - All Adventure, No Direction!
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    There are.... two.... Krenim..... ships....
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    worffan101 wrote: »

ndssh.jpg

Give iiiiiiiiin to your anger! Give iiiiiiiiin to your hate! You will know the power of the Dark Side!

*Vader throws Palpy down reactor shaft*

All Hail Vader.
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    I don't know which is worse, that we're appearantly going to be messing with time for our own benefit - Which Never Works. - or the possibility that we'll end up "Year of Hell'd" back to the beginning of 2410, "Surface Tension" and our first direct encounter with an Iconian at the 'end' of the Iconian War...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • syk99syk99 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Krenim: Okay, so you guys from the Alpha Quadrant Alliance build the weapon and give it COMPLETELY to us. As soon as we complete our mission to undo the Vaadwaur attack to our empire, wich will surely create an alternate timeline, we will give ya the weapon, so you can completely erase the Iconians from time and obviously alter history, wich would create another alternate timeline, probably... Ps: the Krenim Imperium garantee that we will not steal the weapon and use it to alter time to our benefit ;D
  • arkangel11004arkangel11004 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    I do agree with Worffan101. I feel that some of the new episodes are great to look at, but that the stories are lacking.

I am greatly concerned about the next older content revamp, which I believe the Cardassian Arc is slotted for. I happened to enjoy the original Romulan story arc better than the new one. Granted I enjoy seeing Sela and the other Star Trek characters, however I don't enjoy the loss of missions, As that's all I play, and the occasional STF. I hope the next revamp is executed differently.

I also agree that the occasional link to previous stories is forced sometimes. I would rather look at the botched together mission art, and have a great story, than the reverse. Apparently, though, people would rather have it the other way. Nevertheless, I am rambling. That's just my view. Perhaps the old stories were too good. Too long, too involved, not enough suspense, too long for the trigger happy people. Perhaps.

Anyway, that's my take on things.
  • freakiumfreakium Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    random909 wrote: »
    I hope we get to command this venerable vessel... And it's NOT in a Krenim Lockbox.... But I'll hold my judgement until I have more information provided to me. :)

A certain site has already revealed this ship to be included in a lockbox equipped with a chroniton lance.
    m12Pkoj.png
    I don't know which is worse, that we're appearantly going to be messing with time for our own benefit - Which Never Works. - or the possibility that we'll end up "Year of Hell'd" back to the beginning of 2410, "Surface Tension" and our first direct encounter with an Iconian at the 'end' of the Iconian War...

Or we find other things we can DO with the ship. Remember that you can beam people on and off the ship--and out of the timeline--without killing them. That's how Chakotay and Paris got transported over there. And I am wondering what happens when you beam the Iconian "Council" to an out-of-timeline location and then transport them back...do they get mindwiped without being killed? Can we tell them what we want them to believe, after doing that? Nasty, but a LOT less nasty than erasing things entirely.

I am wondering if we are going to go up to the brink of using the weapon and back down at the last minute due to finding an alternate solution that the ship will allow us to take.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    wrote:
    "Your logic is flawed," the liberated Borg announced. "If time is as fluid as you claim, we are incapable of wasting it."

Loved this part. It's so typical, making it easy enough to read it in Seven's voice :)
    wrote:
    the fact that Noye fought with everyone but his wife

Uh oh... someone's wife is present while experimenting with time travel... this does not bode well :open_mouth:
    freakium wrote: »

A certain site has already revealed this ship to be included in a lockbox equipped with a chroniton lance.

Yea, I have seen that. I really am not enthused. Starfleet doesn't have that many OP battleships and really shouldn't. That's would be like getting an iconian as a duty officer. It would severely dumb down the "invincible iconian" idea. To be reduced to a mere duty officer...

Same Idea. That ship in a lock box severely downplays its Over powered awe inspiring nature. Its reduced to a normal ship anyone can have. Nonetheless, that seems to be how they want to play it.
  • deffjurkedeffjurke Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    I don't think a Ferengi would use the word "gelling".
    deffjurke wrote: »

Maybe not on Ferenginar, but Nog has lived in Federation culture since 2369. We are now in 2410. That's 41 years, if my math is correct...a significant amount of time to absorb multicultural expressions and vocabulary.

Yea, I have seen that. I really am not enthused. Starfleet doesn't have that many OP battleships and really shouldn't. That's would be like getting an iconian as a duty officer. It would severely dumb down the "invincible iconian" idea. To be reduced to a mere duty officer...

Same Idea. That ship in a lock box severely downplays its Over powered awe inspiring nature. Its reduced to a normal ship anyone can have. Nonetheless, that seems to be how they want to play it.

I am not fully convinced we are building to Annorax's spec, due to the severe practical and ethical issues. To me, that remains to be seen.

gulberat wrote: »
    deffjurke wrote: »

Maybe not on Ferenginar, but Nog has lived in Federation culture since 2369. We are now in 2410. That's 41 years, if my math is correct...a significant amount of time to absorb multicultural expressions and vocabulary.

I am not fully convinced we are building to Annorax's spec, due to the severe practical and ethical issues. To me, that remains to be seen.

Agreed. I cannot imagine the Federation would use such a device with those kinds of issues. However, as we really have not seen the damage that ship does in this timeline, perhaps the ramifications have not been fully realized.

While playing the new mission with Nog, I was thinking, the Federation would seriously consent to building a deleting from time weapon?

Well see where it goes..
    Yeah, and as I suggested, there are other things we saw done in "Year of H*ll" that do not require actual timeline deletions, that could well make the Iconians vulnerable.

edited July 2015
    Yep, there are other options, I am interested to see what comes of it.

I also find it quite interesting they refer to Annorax's destruction by an unknown alliance. They could determine that much, but couldn't see that a certain long range science vessel class has similarities to one of those alliance ships. Perhaps their alternate timeline vision isn't all clear.
    Post edited by arkangel11004 on
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    if in one of the incoming FE, we must use annorax's weapon, i would skip this FE. it would be totally illogical that the alliance uses this dangerous weapon; or give me the possibility to join the Iconian forces against this alliance full of idiots.
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    The blog mentions them cutting corners, likely to result in the time weapon being useless after a couple of shots. So I guess they will rationalize that the burned out, gimped version will end up in the lockbox. Still as potent as any T6, but not Universe altering OP anymore.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
    Agreed _
  • xylylxylyl Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Thankfully Nog asserted leadership in such a critically time sensitive (pun unintended) endeavour!

Storyline, lockbox ship, FE aside, what still begs the question for me is why the Krenim with their earlier timeship needed to be defeated by an unknown alliance? Once the timeship is completed, the my advice is: When dealing with the Krenim, watch your back.

Admiral Cybyl
    Thus spake Admiral Cybyl:  Alea iacta est. Ibis redibis,numquam per bello peribis. Ergo, per aspera ad astra!