What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tales of the War #12

124»

Comments

• Options
    typhoncaltyphoncal Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    This entire situation is becoming very interesting, also i wonder if this will in some fashion change the game overall due what could come from messing with the timeline or are the Devs going to cheat and expect nothing to change as a result of their messing with the timeline? If Cryptic had an entire team that could change the entire game overall, this would be an interesting point in changing the direction of the game for the better as they could get away from past mistakes that didnt go anywhere overall. Just my two cents.
    Commander Shran - You tell Archer, that is three the pink skin owes me!
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    Captain Nog... Takin' names and kickin' Latinum! <--- spell check thinks this should be Platinum.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Which directly contradicts what Taris said. Of course, Taris could've been wrong.

It's ridiculously simple! Admiral Awesomename records your speech, they pop out of the time bubble and send a burst including orders and the intel to xir ship, the ship sends on the intel to Nog's ship which books it, and Admiral Awesomename's ship blows up the Iconians

And be nuked by the Iconians in front of you? you're not safe to do that till after they leave.
    Worfie specifically said you would jump back into your regular timeline to send the message...

See above.
    You need to work on reading comprehension, gradii.

Really? I suggest you think before you throw insults or accusations. I came here for a civil discussion, if you're capable of that, show it.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    gradii wrote: »
    And be nuked by the Iconians in front of you? you're not safe to do that till after they leave.
    My reasoning was, the Iconians have demonstrated repeatedly that they're astoundingly arrogant and breathtakingly incompetent (c.f. "Surface Tension", "Blood of Ancients", "House Pratfall"), so I'd say you have about a minute to send the message as the Iconians make an arrogant speech about how pathetic you are. Plus, it's the future. Send a nanosecond-long burst of info on a subspace band, they won't be able to stop it. Sure, they spend a minute bragging about how great they are and then vape you, but hey, you just saved the freaking galaxy!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Which directly contradicts what Taris said. Of course, Taris could've been wrong.

It's ridiculously simple! Admiral Awesomename records your speech, they pop out of the time bubble and send a burst including orders and the intel to xir ship, the ship sends on the intel to Nog's ship which books it, and Admiral Awesomename's ship blows up the Iconians

Worfie specifically said you would jump back into your regular timeline to send the message...

See above.

Really? I suggest you think before you throw insults or accusations. I came here for a civil discussion, if you're capable of that, show it.
    I agree with Gradii. That plan is lacking a critical element. Stealth. Leaving the time bubble while the Iconians are present means giving away your position. Worse.... it means that the Iconians could learn how you hid from them in the first place.

IF you succeed in killing the Iconians it might not matter. But if you fail? You are doomed, and so are the Krenim.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User

See above.

I agree with Gradii. That plan is lacking a critical element. Stealth. Leaving the time bubble while the Iconians are present means giving away your position. Worse.... it means that the Iconians could learn how you hid from them in the first place.

IF you succeed in killing the Iconians it might not matter. But if you fail? You are doomed, and so are the Krenim.

Yeah, but the Iconians have repeatedly demonstrated that they're incompetent fools.

Literally all the plan requires is a fraction of a second to push a button. The Iconians will want you to know how pathetic you are before they kill you, they're not going to react faster than a surreptitious button push on a comm bracelet.
  • Options
    qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    The temporal shielding is vastly more useful. Being able to move outside of time puts them on the same footing as the Iconians. Except the Iconians don't know the Alliance can do it, so the first strike can be lethal.
    how do you think we will manage to (did manage to) sneak up on the iconians this time (last time) to destroy their homeworld, and why do you think the iconians have been hell bent on wiping the krenim out?? the krenim have been getting hounded by species for eons, the vaadwaar are just the last in a long line.. bells anyone??

​​
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • Options
    Taris told me that Iconian's mastered time and space through the gateways (dimensional travel involves time and space, interesting enough), and yet now they have a problem with the time equation. Fasinating.
    if i have the right of it, they only loose memory of the intervening time.. so if they travel instantaneously from point (a) to point (b) then from a universal time frame.. no time has passed, so no memory has been lost.

​​
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    worffan101 wrote: »

See above.

Yeah, but the Iconians have repeatedly demonstrated that they're incompetent fools.

Literally all the plan requires is a fraction of a second to push a button. The Iconians will want you to know how pathetic you are before they kill you, they're not going to react faster than a surreptitious button push on a comm bracelet.
    but what if the supposed arrogance and incompetence of the iconians is, in part at least, just a rouse, and they are literally leading us where we need to go? or the savant is (she has that title for a reason.. and maybe its her ability to seemingly predict the future)

anyways, in order to correct time, or fix a temporal aberration, you need to have all the proper elements in place. we, with the help of the krenim, are very likely the original attackers of iconia some 200k years ago. now, what if they managed to get hold of all our intel just prior to our attack on them back then, they did escape last minute? if all the species where young, then the technology back then would have been no match for the iconians. even now the only way we have a chance will be through temporal shielding, so how would they have managed 200k years ago? more support for the orignal attackers being the krenim and us travelling back 200k years to pewpew.

someone in a conversation i was in last night made a very interesting point.. what if you or i, is the other, as in our captain, the main protagonist in the storyline from a pve perspective? if we take that futher and consider mistrust for the krenim we are working with, and maybe direct contact with the savant iconian.. it is entirely possible that when we travel back we warned the savant, gave her the data to be able to predict ans manipulate us so as to make that single slight change to correct something that should never have happened in the 1st place.. its the only reason i can think of that wouldn't have Daniel 'temporal copper' or any other agent of the temporal service on our backs right now.
    ​​
    tYld1gu.gif?1