test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

HELP!! Accidently deleted my main toon! DEVS PLEASE READ!

2»

Comments

• iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    In Estonian, p-e-r-s-e means a-s-s. No one bothers to censor it though.

Because it's Finnish.
    Everyone knows Finnish language is dirty.

And yes, deleting characters should give 3 time option for 'ARE YOU SURE?'

That wouldn't help. The game already requires you to type out your character name to make sure you want to delete them.

I think what would help is different character screens between Tribble and Holodeck so at-a-glance you could tell which version of STO you're playing.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • lordprotiuslordprotius Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    iconians wrote: »

That wouldn't help. The game already requires you to type out your character name to make sure you want to delete them.

I think what would help is different character screens between Tribble and Holodeck so at-a-glance you could tell which version of STO you're playing.

Yeah a different colored load screen would have prompted me to say ok this ISNT tribble lemme log back out and try again ...
    #Aux2batman Lives!!

• mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Good luck with restoring your character. I guess Iconians has pretty much any precautions covered that will be needed.
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Yea... why WarCraft was censored while other games were not I don't know. But we got some pretty strange choices for the censor over here. I'm in a forum RP here, and the shorthand name of my character's son is censored.

If i had to guess. Back in the days of the release of this game, probably everyone made comparisions wih the 800 lbs gorilla.

Nowadays... You barely see people mentioning WoW in regards to STO. Probably because there are so many other MMOs that are closer to STO than WoW, and if only because they are also F2P.

Anyway, the forums probably got pretty annoying when people talked about "this will kill Wow" or "this is not a WoW killer" or what the heck else ;).
    Remember a while back when everyone was talking about Elite Dangerous and how it would be so much better than STO because Exploration... I bet it was like that, except 100-fold worse. :p
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • reaperreborn64reaperreborn64 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    well it shouldn't just be a hit enter thing in the end... it should be a you have to click and then click again thing most games have a conformation of conformation... this is what cryptic likes though if you delete your toon they know some people are just unwilling to follow the steps right and they just start over dropping the cash on the game once again.
    but in the end knowing protius this will end well DEV'S PLEASE HELP THIS MAN he is a pretty large part of a community in this game. not to mention he's one heck of a devoted player.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    iconians wrote: »

Yeah a different colored load screen would have prompted me to say ok this ISNT tribble lemme log back out and try again ...

Sorry that this happened to you. Hope it can be resolved when everyone comes back to work.

I am not sure if the Tailor works on Tribble.....but barring waiting for Cryptic to make changes to the load screen on Tribble.....change the way your Tribble character looks so you know which character you are working with?

For example: give all tribble characters purplish or red hair or dark skin or other changes that are easy to make and visually see. Then you will definitely realize....that is my "tribble character"!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Sorry that this happened to you. Hope it can be resolved when everyone comes back to work.

I am not sure if the Tailor works on Tribble.....but barring waiting for Cryptic to make changes to the load screen on Tribble.....change the way your Tribble character looks so you know which character you are working with?

For example: give all tribble characters purplish or red hair or dark skin or other changes that are easy to make and visually see. Then you will definitely realize....that is my "tribble character"!

This is ingenious advice right here. Honestly, no sign of sarcasm, this is sound advice and I just would never have thought about it ac8840d19337b064a9ebc8db2a982c96.gif - from now on I will make my Tribble characters evil mirror universe characters of my mains - thank you very much 3cf12d2518d3678c56fe39380a68b386.gif
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    This is ingenious advice right here.

I have tried to convince my Hubby of THIS ^^^ concerning my advice to him for years. Maybe there will be a ring of truth, now, since there is a testimony of it on the internet. :wink:

But back to the topic on hand....if a visual "trigger" indicating that one is using the "Tribble" interface is all you need....one does not have to wait for Cryptic to move on it. Change the visuals on the character.

Another tip: change the NAME of the Tribble server character to something indicating it is the TEST CHARACTER. This way you will not be typing in your Main's name in the "Delete Character" interface box on either server. Unless that is what you really intend to do.

These changes won't catch every accident. For example, I am not sure it would have worked in the OP's case....there seemed to be a lot of switching back and forth at the time.

But it is a simple safegard.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    This is ingenious advice right here. Honestly, no sign of sarcasm, this is sound advice and I just would never have thought about it

Yup, that actually really *is* very good advice! :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    Developers cannot restore your account, only support. And since we've gone over that, time to close this thread
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.