test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

HELP!! Accidently deleted my main toon! DEVS PLEASE READ!

Ok im in panic mode... me and my fleet were doing some testing on tribble , hopped over to holodeck to stock soem stuff to transfer over to tribble.... rebooted game clicked on tribble... started clearing the character roster and noticed... ummm these arent my tribble characters... OMG!!

Luckily I only deleted ONE character...

Is there anything I can do other then putting in a support ticket and praying?

My main held the bulk of my resources , dilithium, EC.... Billions will be lost of there is nothing I can do...

Anyone have suggestions?
#Aux2batman Lives!!

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,428 Community Moderator
    Have you filed a support ticket?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    ​​Wow, that sucks man.. I'm really sorry to hear that.

Sadly, support is the only one that can help.. I would think they can recover a character pretty easily, but I really don't know. Hopefully, a Dev sees this and responds or support gets to your ticket in a timely manner. I can only imagine how upset I would be if this were my main.

Sorry, I don't know a fix for you.. I will just say good luck and hope that someone from Cryptic/PWE can help you quickly. I fear though that being a holiday weekend in the U.S. that response might take until Monday.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • lordprotiuslordprotius Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    I got a ticket in... even called a support number i had for billing... but they are on holiday till monday...
    #Aux2batman Lives!!

• grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Well that stinks but luckily the servers do save characters and their progress. Perfect example is when they rolled back everyone because of the skill point fiasco. I don't see why they wouldn't be able to retrieve your character or roll it back somehow. I feel your pin and wish you the best of luck it's in the Devs hands now. Let us know how it turns out though.
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    ​​Ouch.. yeah, I was afraid of that.

On the bright side, the work holiday was observed on Friday, so at least they're not closed on Monday.

The only other thing I can think of is trying to get someone on social media (Facebook/Twitter) but I fear you will have little luck until Monday.

I feel for ya man. jellyfish-13.gif
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • lordboltonlordbolton Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    To the Devs who I hope are reading this post - Protius is a lifetimer and makes the game enjoyable for huge numbers of people. I am hoping that you can help him out.
  • salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
    I feel for you man and i think there should be a password requirement (with a different pincode/passphrase) for Delete Character function on the character screen so hackers cant delete your characters and you wont be able to delete them so quickly
    Salacnar
    =/\=Priority One Armada=/\=
    32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    1: Relax.

2: They'll get around to your ticket.

3: It is absolutely IMPERATIVE you do NOT create a new character with the same name as your old one, or else everything truly will be lost. I can not stress this one enough.

4: You aren't the first one I've given this advice to, and they had their character restored over a week since they accidently deleted them, by following steps 1, 2, and 3.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    iconians wrote: »
    1: Relax.

2: They'll get around to your ticket.

3: It is absolutely IMPERATIVE you do NOT create a new character with the same name as your old one, or else everything truly will be lost. I can not stress this one enough.

4: You aren't the first one I've given this advice to, and they had their character restored over a week since they accidentally deleted them, by following steps 1, 2, and 3.

Im not relaxed lol but I have a ticket in and tweeted Salami... and im not even gonna attempt to make any new characters im not even gonna delete the tribble copy of him that i made before this fiasco started...
    #Aux2batman Lives!!

edited July 2015
    Im not relaxed lol but I have a ticket in and tweeted Salami... and im not even gonna attempt to make any new characters im not even gonna delete the tribble copy of him that i made before this fiasco started...

I completely understand your anxiety and panic mode you're in. I would be in the same position. However, your character still exists on Cryptic's end of things, and your ticket will be answered after they get back from their holiday. This would be a great time to play an alt of yours while you wait.

It is good you aren't going to make any new characters, and it's perfectly fine to leave your test character where they are.

But, you do have my personal assurances that your character is alive and well on Cryptic's side of things (for what that's worth), and as long as you avoid steps to sabotage their efforts (by creating a new character with the same name as your deleted one), you will more than likely get your character restored exactly as you left them last.

But do try to relax, it isn't good for your health if you stay in panic mode. This issue you have is completely and easily fixable on Cryptic's side of things.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Well that stinks but luckily the servers do save characters and their progress. Perfect example is when they rolled back everyone because of the skill point fiasco. I don't see why they wouldn't be able to retrieve your character or roll it back somehow. I feel your pin and wish you the best of luck it's in the Devs hands now. Let us know how it turns out though.

Since I didn't get *all* my spec points back (I was still short one, but decided not to press my luck), that was obviously just a script they ran to restore individual points to ppl. A full character rollback would have been disasterous, of course (as you could have upgraded stuff since, of course, or made more EC).

Not to give false hope or anything, but I think they can do an individual character rollback for the OP, though; they've been know to do for ppl who got their account TRIBBLE. Doing a rollback is easy: getting in touch with a Dev to do it, not so much. I hope you get it done, OP. I shiver at the thought alone of this ever happening to me!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    ^^ So, 'h a c k e d' is now a bad word?! LOL. Gimme a break!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited July 2015
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    ^^ So, 'h a c k e d' is now a bad word?! LOL. Gimme a break!

At least warcraft isn't censored anymore.

Cryptic's emotional insecurity over Actiblizzard's crown jewel is laughable.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,428 Community Moderator
    Yea... why WarCraft was censored while other games were not I don't know. But we got some pretty strange choices for the censor over here. I'm in a forum RP here, and the shorthand name of my character's son is censored.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited July 2015
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Yea... why WarCraft was censored while other games were not I don't know. But we got some pretty strange choices for the censor over here. I'm in a forum RP here, and the shorthand name of my character's son is censored.

There will be no more mockery of your name, Mr. Glasscock.

NLwiI.png
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    Um... iconians... the kid's full first name is Perseus. Take out the us, and it gets censored. A friend of mine said it was apparently a swear word in another language so I've resorted to replacing the s with a c when referring to the character.
    Um... iconians... the kid's full first name is Perseus. Take out the us, and it gets censored. A friend of mine said it was apparently a swear word in another language so I've resorted to replacing the s with a c when referring to the character.

That is weird.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    Yup. Agreed. So we got some really weird stuff getting bleeped out. Anyways... sorry for taking the thread off track.

I'll leave this here, and I'm sure only the Wing Commander fans will understand it.
    klavs_keepcalm.jpg
    Um... iconians... the kid's full first name is Perseus. Take out the us, and it gets censored. A friend of mine said it was apparently a swear word in another language...

Maybe some brainiac at PWE would do well to remember 'p-e-r-s-e' is not a swearword per se. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    In Estonian, p-e-r-s-e means a-s-s. No one bothers to censor it though.

So, this English-spoken forum is filtering on Estonian swear words now?! Tsk! You'd think they have better things to do! And even in English, and a-s-s can just be a donkey. :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    Oh oh, and then there was Muroshita who had to have his name manually fixed in-game for the screenshot contest his entry was a part of, otherwise it was Murosh1ta.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    One also has to wonder why s-u-c-k-s is censored on these forums, it suggests we're not permitted to discuss anything negative here, which sucks.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    adamkafei wrote: »
    One also has to wonder why s-u-c-k-s is censored on these forums, it suggests we're not permitted to discuss anything negative here, which sucks.

Didn't you know that everything that happens in game is the best thing ever and the players will always love it? There just isn't anything that can s-u-c-k in this game.
    adamkafei wrote: »

Yep, this board is like Megamaid, gone from blow to suck! :P

But, I'm thinking, let's not derail too much from the OP's rather serious issue. (Yes, I was guilty of doing that myself.)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    Aye, but of course if that were true they wouldn't think to censor negative adjectives.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
    So far everyone ive talked to is optimistic about getting my character back... so im crossing my fingers guys and thank you to everyone for the support.
    #Aux2batman Lives!!

• chemistrysetchemistryset Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    I hope everything turns out well for you, OP.
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains is great news for stupid people.
  • josephdridgewayjosephdridgeway Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    iconians wrote: »

I completely understand your anxiety and panic mode you're in. I would be in the same position. However, your character still exists on Cryptic's end of things, and your ticket will be answered after they get back from their holiday. This would be a great time to play an alt of yours while you wait.

It is good you aren't going to make any new characters, and it's perfectly fine to leave your test character where they are.

But, you do have my personal assurances that your character is alive and well on Cryptic's side of things (for what that's worth), and as long as you avoid steps to sabotage their efforts (by creating a new character with the same name as your deleted one), you will more than likely get your character restored exactly as you left them last.

But do try to relax, it isn't good for your health if you stay in panic mode. This issue you have is completely and easily fixable on Cryptic's side of things.
    I can vouch for what @iconians says. A couple of years ago, I did almost exactly the same thing you did, @lordprotius, and immediately sent in a ticket (it was a long weekend too). In the ticket, I explained exactly what happened, and within 2 or 3 days, my main was restored completely.
    Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    In Estonian, p-e-r-s-e means a-s-s. No one bothers to censor it though.

Because it's Finnish.
    Everyone knows Finnish language is dirty.

And yes, deleting characters should give 3 time option for 'ARE YOU SURE?'

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.