test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Thread for the Fleet Armada System

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
Please use this thread to post feedback and issues found in the new Fleet Armada System.

New Feature:

Fleet Armada:
  • Fleets will be able to join together to form an Armada of up to 13 fleets to speed up construction projects and share resources.
  • Fleets in an Armada will receive bonus rewards which may include Dilithium discounts, Dilithium bonuses, and Skill Point bonuses.
    • These rewards are determined by the status of the fleet in the Armada and how many fleets are in the Armada.
  • This system is not in a final state.
    • Icons, text, UI, and some features are not yet finished.

Comments

• dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    Now only someone in Cryptics Tribbles Reborn needs to accept the gazillion of armada invites the fleet already got :p
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
  • revenisrevenis Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    need a senior officer to accept all 1 of the invites :smile:
  • comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    Patching tribble... time to test this baby up... woohootiger-1.giftiger-3.giftiger-4.gif
    6tviTDx.png

• vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    The auto decline is not working. I was pestered by stranger for my testing to join a armada.

I do not want to join any other fleet and would like the functionality to work. Please let us flag someone for harassment.
    edited July 2015
    Here are some quick notes after messing around with the system

1. Yes, you can block Armada Invites like you would Fleet invites
    2. Yes, Beta/Gamma fleets can donate to Alpha fleets
    3. Yes, Alpha fleets can donate to Beta/Gamma Fleets
    4. Yes, there are options to block single holdings or all holdings all together
    5. Yes, there are options to block incoming/outgoing specific items donated i.e; Dilithium, DOffs, Commodities, Fleet Marks the whole shamango
    6. When creating an Armada a new chat channel is auto created and available to all fleets in the Armada.
    7. Yes, there is an options to "Kick" a fleet from the Armada. (although im not sure if its sub-fleets will go with it as-well)
    8. Yes, there is an option to "Leave" the Armada.

On the note of the Channel (armada)
    1. It is auto created upon joining an Armada
    2. (Not sure if it is removed when leaving an Armada)
    3. It is like "Local - Fleet - Zone" channels not a Private channel

1 concern I have so far is how tight the holding UI is when donating to another fleet via the Armada System... hope this get a face lift-up soon.
    Post edited by comrademoco on
    6tviTDx.png

• entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    I'm currently not seeing any bonuses for the Armada I'm in. Also, only one Beta fleet is properly showing its Fleet Level as 11. I know my fleet is also Level 11, and if the Armada's contributions screen is showing properly, the Alpha fleet's level is also 11.
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    the Export feature is the best thing in this update. B)
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

tk79 wrote: »

I couldn't find the export option anywhere? is it live yet???
    6tviTDx.png

• tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User

From the news article:
    There is also a new slash command, /ExportGuildMemberList, that can be used to generate an Excel CSV file with all of the current information about the Fleet and its members.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    entnx01 wrote: »
    I'm currently not seeing any bonuses for the Armada I'm in. Also, only one Beta fleet is properly showing its Fleet Level as 11. I know my fleet is also Level 11, and if the Armada's contributions screen is showing properly, the Alpha fleet's level is also 11.

Right now, the first Armada Bonus kicks in at Armada Level 50, then increases for every 50 levels after that.

These might not be the final values. Just what was included on the first pass.

I was also told that the Armada bonuses were causing a builder error in one of our builds and had to be turned off until they could be debugged (which already happened). I don't know if they are actually active on the current Tribble build or not.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"

From the news article:
    There is also a new slash command, /ExportGuildMemberList, that can be used to generate an Excel CSV file with all of the current information about the Fleet and its members.

Right now, the first Armada Bonus kicks in at Armada Level 50, then increases for every 50 levels after that.

I was also told that the Armada bonuses were causing a builder error in one of our builds and had to be turned off until they could be debugged (which already happened). I don't know if they are actually active on the current Tribble build or not.

Thank you. BTW bort an option cancel on going invites for a fleet to join an armada would be awesome too.
    6tviTDx.png

• entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited July 2015

Ah, okay, so we may not be seeing bonuses until we can advance our fleets enough to see the first set of bonuses, and even then they may not be hooked up until that specific error is fixed. That clarifies the bonuses a lot. Thanks!

Also, just curious if this bug thread got seen: http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1193329/bugs-with-armada-system#latest

At best, they're display errors. At worst, they're calculation errors that need to be fixed.

Thanks!

EDIT (I'll add this edit to the bug thread I posted): Our Alpha fleet got added to a new Armada and they're now Beta while my and another fleet are Gammas. The UI is reading the new Alpha fleet's Fleet Level (9) and one of the Beta's Fleet Level (6), but among my now-Beta/Gamma cluster of fleets it's still only reading one fleet's (a Beta's at Level 12).
    1. Can we get a auto ignore option and auto decline option?

2. How about a Armada search function?

3.In the future can we also get a Romulan holding either Embassy 2.0 or a Starbase.
    edited July 2015
    Yes.
    No.
    3.In the future can we also get a Romulan holding either Embassy 2.0 or a Starbase.
    We have a new holding coming with Season 10.5 "Fleet Krenim Research Lab"
    6tviTDx.png

From the news article:

ok so I tried using the command but I can not find the location to where the export is made...

1. the command has not been implemented yet
    2. or I'm totally missing something
    6tviTDx.png

Here is a thought on the system,

The Armada's name is set to be the Alpha's fleet name... I know certain fleets that would rather have an alliance name.

For example:
    My fleets would rather have "Borg Defiants" as the Armada name an having our fleets under that name...

Can something like this be done with the system @borticuscryptic ???
    6tviTDx.png

• borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    We're already planning to get customizable Armada names at some point in the future, but it's too big a challenge to get in place prior to the 10.5 launch. Definitely on our list of later improvements, though.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
    We're already planning to get customizable Armada names at some point in the future, but it's too big a challenge to get in place prior to the 10.5 launch. Definitely on our list of later improvements, though.

Awesome... Thanks Borticus... tiger-3.giftiger-4.giftiger-26.gif
    6tviTDx.png

Yes.
    No.
    We have a new holding coming with Season 10.5 "Fleet Krenim Research Lab"

1. Agreed.

2. I think it will eventually be needed if there is enougth Armada mega-fleets either the same interface of the fleet search or fleet/armada have to be a separate interface.

3. Romulan holding as in Starbase. Krenim is definitely not a starbase. A Romulan starbase could consist specifically for Romulan cores and other specific things while adding Romulan decoration. Just use one of the already ingame Romulan Starbases.
    Fun thing we discovered just now. You cannot actually undo an invitation to your armada by yourself. So if you accidently invite a fleet that doesn't react in a timely fashion that invite slot stays occupied indefinetly.
  • captaincasauboncaptaincasaubon Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Are Armadas cross-faction?
    Play Hard!
    @Casaubon ~

• josephdridgewayjosephdridgeway Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    Are Armadas cross-faction?
    no, not at launch anyway
    Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
  • twwiglingentwwiglingen Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    @borticuscryptic

Would you mind telling us what the percent bonuses will be for each type of fleet at minimum and maximum armada level? At least what it is currently planned to be.
  • mousemaster1mousemaster1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I think I found an issue with donating from holdings of one fleet to another as far as discounts are concerned. The discounts from the dil mine in the alpha fleet were showing up on Beta, yet Beta did not have the same level discount.

In the Armada UI for Alpha, the project looks full for the Beta fleet (in this case a main SCI project), but would not run. When logged into the Beta fleet, just a few items were left to fill in for the project, the difference of the mine provided discount.

Does this make sense?
  • phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    "All Fleets in an Armada will receive bonuses that increase based on the total Fleet level of all Fleets in the Armada."

If the bonuses are based on Armada Level (which is sum of all the Fleet Levels of the alpha, beta, gamma fleets) then can we get a breakdown for how fleet level is determined? On Holodeck, max level is 20, but I'm seeing fleets with completed everything (incl. Research Lab) at level 29 -- I find it hard to believe the Research Lab alone is worth 9, so I'm expecting these were recalculated someway.

Is 29 the max on Tribble and if so, max Armada level is 29*13 = 377?

Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • jiskadar2002jiskadar2002 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Hello Everybody,

The new Armada-System is a really cool and also long overdue renovation. The basic concept sounds pretty good, but unfortunately I have to say that the concept of alpha-, beta- and gamma-fleets with the limit of 13 fleets does not really make much sense.

Certainly some are now wondering why! Very easily!

I am a representative of a major German alliance, the United Alliance of Fleets. The alliance was founded about two years ago. Meanwhile, there is the alliance of 14 fleets (Federation) plus some Klingon fleets.

The Armada system would be helpful to us for smaller fleets, as well of course for the global chat. But the limitation to 13 fleets is really something little. Because although we wake slowly but steadily.

Is perhaps the number planned to expand? Or perhaps it may be theoretically Delta fleets etc.?

Many Greetings

Admiral Thyrin
    Commodore of the High Command of the Starfleet
    (Flottenadmiral des Oberkommandos der Sternenflotte)
    The board of trustees of the United Alliance of Fleets
    (Mitglied im Kuratorium der United Alliance of Fleets)
    There are some issues I see.
    • There is no armada officer chat. Speaking from my previous mmo experience you cannot suddenly throw hundreds of people into an alliance and don't get 'friction' between parties. It is far easier to deescalate a 'situation' if you can reach out fast to allied officers.
    • There is no seperate option to disallow talking in the armada chat, you only can disable that when you shut down fleet chat for that rank, too. Which would be overkill if you just want to give some troublemakers a timeout.
    • Privacy of your fleet roster. So far anybody in the armada has access to 'all' the fleets rosters which some people are not exactly comfortable with. Can we get an privacy option for that or at least limit the access to fleet leaders?

Enjoy
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    I think I found an issue with donating from holdings of one fleet to another as far as discounts are concerned. The discounts from the dil mine in the alpha fleet were showing up on Beta, yet Beta did not have the same level discount.

In the Armada UI for Alpha, the project looks full for the Beta fleet (in this case a main SCI project), but would not run. When logged into the Beta fleet, just a few items were left to fill in for the project, the difference of the mine provided discount.

Does this make sense?

i logged into my gamma today and saw all my open 200k vanity projects had been filled with exactly 170k dil, so there is something strange going on there​​

Does this make sense?

i logged into my gamma today and saw all my open 200k vanity projects had been filled with exactly 170k dil, so there is something strange going on there​​

I am seeing that the discounts are only affecting those who have it...

Example

Fleet Alpha has the discounts and when it donates to Gamma fleet all their projects have the discounts. However the Gamma fleet does not have them and only sees the 170K filled out of town 200K.

Not sure how this is going to be addressed tho.
    6tviTDx.png

• tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User

Does this make sense?

i logged into my gamma today and saw all my open 200k vanity projects had been filled with exactly 170k dil, so there is something strange going on there

I am seeing that the discounts are only affecting those who have it...

Example

Fleet Alpha has the discounts and when it donates to Gamma fleet all their projects have the discounts. However the Gamma fleet does not have them and only sees the 170K filled out of town 200K.

Not sure how this is going to be addressed tho.

its like the inverse of the gateway bug.
    i suspect this is simply how its going to ship.​​