test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Thread for the Fleet Armada System

Comments

• borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    A few quick Q&A:

Q: How is Fleet Level / Armada Level determined?

A: Every Holding Tier your Fleet possesses should be worth one Fleet Level. This means getting a T4 Shipyard is 4 levels on its own.

Q: What is max Fleet Level / Armada Level?

A: Extrapolating from the previous answer, you should be seeing a total as follows:
    * Starbase = 20 Levels
    * Embassy = 9 Levels
    * Dilithium Mine = 9 Levels
    * Spire = 9 Levels
    * Research Lab = 9 Levels
    * TOTAL FLEET LEVELS = 56

Now, if you take that and multiply it by the max number of Fleets that can be in an Armada, you'll get (56 * 13) = 728 Armada Levels

*** NOTE: There is currently a series of known bugs with how Fleet Level and Armada Level are displaying on Tribble Builds, and we're working to correct them. The two above answers are how it should be working.

Q: What are the bonuses, when do they unlock, etc. etc.

A: Right now, Armada Bonus Tier 1 starts at Armada Level 50, and increases for every 50 Armada Levels past that.

Armada Bonuses are currently as follows:
    Skill Point Bonus:
    * Alpha Fleet = 1% + 1% per Tier above 1
    * Beta Fleet = 0.5% + 0.5% per Tier above 1
    * Gamma Fleet = 0.25% + 0.25% per Tier above 1

Dilithium Discounts:
    * Alpha Fleet = 0.25% + 0.25% per Tier above 1
    * Gamma Fleet = 1% + 1% per Tier above 1

All of this information is still subject to change.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    When you say "Per Tier", do you mean if we have a Tier 5 Starbase and a Tier 3 Research Lab that we'd get 1% + 1%*8 = 9% total?
  • josephdridgewayjosephdridgeway Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    "All Fleets in an Armada will receive bonuses that increase based on the total Fleet level of all Fleets in the Armada."

If the bonuses are based on Armada Level (which is sum of all the Fleet Levels of the alpha, beta, gamma fleets) then can we get a breakdown for how fleet level is determined? On Holodeck, max level is 20, but I'm seeing fleets with completed everything (incl. Research Lab) at level 29 -- I find it hard to believe the Research Lab alone is worth 9, so I'm expecting these were recalculated someway.

Is 29 the max on Tribble and if so, max Armada level is 29*13 = 377?
    According to information I've seen elsewhere, the current fleet level display is bugged. A fully maxed fleet (T5 Starbase (20 levels), T3 Mine (9 levels), T3 Embassy (9 levels), T3 Spire (9 levels)) should be Fleet Level 47, instead of 20. Once the Research Lab is added (9 levels), it will be Level 56.

So, an Armada's max level will be 728.

Ninja'd by Bort!
    Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
    edited July 2015
    edit: ~double post~
    Post edited by josephdridgeway on
    The Armada
  • midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    A few quick Q&A:

Q: How is Fleet Level / Armada Level determined?

A: Every Holding Tier your Fleet possesses should be worth one Fleet Level. This means getting a T4 Shipyard is 4 levels on its own.

Q: What is max Fleet Level / Armada Level?

A: Extrapolating from the previous answer, you should be seeing a total as follows:
    * Starbase = 20 Levels
    * Embassy = 9 Levels
    * Dilithium Mine = 9 Levels
    * Spire = 9 Levels
    * Research Lab = 9 Levels
    * TOTAL FLEET LEVELS = 56

Now, if you take that and multiply it by the max number of Fleets that can be in an Armada, you'll get (56 * 13) = 728 Armada Levels

*** NOTE: There is currently a series of known bugs with how Fleet Level and Armada Level are displaying on Tribble Builds, and we're working to correct them. The two above answers are how it should be working.

Q: What are the bonuses, when do they unlock, etc. etc.

A: Right now, Armada Bonus Tier 1 starts at Armada Level 50, and increases for every 50 Armada Levels past that.

Armada Bonuses are currently as follows:
    Skill Point Bonus:
    * Alpha Fleet = 1% + 1% per Tier above 1
    * Gamma Fleet = 0.25% + 0.25% per Tier above 1

Dilithium Discounts:
    * Alpha Fleet = 0.25% + 0.25% per Tier above 1
    * Gamma Fleet = 1% + 1% per Tier above 1

All of this information is still subject to change.

Thanks for the information Jeremy, but I do have a question... with the new Armada chat channel will we be getting an increase to the chat channel limit of 20?

I am currently in 26 fleets and still have 10 characters that are not in a fleet - with each fleet having a chat channel for chat between factions plus chats for DPS, Public Service, Red Alert, TTS and others; it is really hard joining in with chats with the current limit of 20.

Thanks, MidNite
  • aramyllaramyll Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    Really, a whopping 14% skill point boost if you are in a maxed out armada. That is just sad and pathetic, i was hoping for something along of 200% or 300% point increase. Something to really push you ahead. This does barely anything to mitigating the grind for spec points.
  • trekpuppytrekpuppy Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    What will motivate beta and gamma fleets to stay in the armada once they've benefited from the dil discount and help to level their own bases? It seems more beneficial to leave the armada at that point and become the alpha in a new one unless I misunderstand the concept.
    ---
    "-Grind is good!" --Gordon Geko
    Accolades checklist: https://bit.ly/FLUFFYS
  • cuatelacuatela Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    Thanks for the information Jeremy, but I do have a question... with the new Armada chat channel will we be getting an increase to the chat channel limit of 20?

I am currently in 26 fleets and still have 10 characters that are not in a fleet - with each fleet having a chat channel for chat between factions plus chats for DPS, Public Service, Red Alert, TTS and others; it is really hard joining in with chats with the current limit of 20.

Thanks, MidNite

I'd love to see an increase on the number of channels too. To be honest, I never really understood the limit, except that Cryptic's chat system is somewhat... fragile. The limit is just one of numerous issues that need to be addressed at some point.
    trekpuppy wrote: »
    What will motivate beta and gamma fleets to stay in the armada once they've benefited from the dil discount and help to level their own bases? It seems more beneficial to leave the armada at that point and become the alpha in a new one unless I misunderstand the concept.

The biggest reason to stay is that beta and gamma fleets will tend to be smaller fleets as far as active personnel goes. That's unlikely to change simply because their holdings have gotten better. Add onto that the additional holdings, and there continues to be reason to stay as long as the fleet is small enough to need those bonuses.

If a fleet does grow in size to the point where they rival their current alpha, the system is designed to allow them to become an alpha themselves, and that's kinda the point. They leave the Armada and create their own, both allowing their Gamma's to grow better and allowing their old Alpha to help newer and smaller fleets.

• tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    yeah, the bonuses arent very exciting at all.
    but its not as if i expected them to be.​​
    Post edited by tehbubbaloo on
  • kristaswiftkristaswift Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    dukedom01 wrote: »
    There are some issues I see.
    • There is no armada officer chat. Speaking from my previous mmo experience you cannot suddenly throw hundreds of people into an alliance and don't get 'friction' between parties. It is far easier to deescalate a 'situation' if you can reach out fast to allied officers.
    • There is no seperate option to disallow talking in the armada chat, you only can disable that when you shut down fleet chat for that rank, too. Which would be overkill if you just want to give some troublemakers a timeout.
    • Privacy of your fleet roster. So far anybody in the armada has access to 'all' the fleets rosters which some people are not exactly comfortable with. Can we get an privacy option for that or at least limit the access to fleet leaders?

Enjoy

Great points above...I smell..."lets take their TOP 5 contributors to another fleet before we get kicked out". There shouldn't be ANY CONFLICT of interests to mitigate the drama.
  • comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2015
    wonderful mathematical stats :D:D

Ok so @borticuscryptic based on the information you provided, here is how I see the boost/discounts so far (understand the subject to change) is this correct???:
    Armada Tier 1 - 50 - Base Discount
    Armada Tier 2 - 100
    Armada Tier 3 - 150
    Armada Tier 4 - 200
    Armada Tier 5 - 250
    Armada Tier 6 - 300
    Armada Tier 7 - 350
    Armada Tier 8 - 400
    Armada Tier 9 - 450
    Armada Tier 10 - 500
    Armada Tier 11 - 550
    Armada Tier 12 - 600
    Armada Tier 13 - 650
    Armada Tier 14 - 700
    Armada Tier 15 - 750???

Skill points:
    A - 1% base + (1*13) = 1 + 13 = 14% XP Boost
    B - 0.5% base + (0.5*13) = 0.5 + 6.5 = 7% XP Boost
    G - 0.25% base + (0.25*13) = 0.25 + 3.25 = 3.5% XP Boost

Dilithium Discounts
    A - 0.25% base + (0.25*13) = 0.25 + 3.25 + 15%(dilithium mine discount) = 18.5% Discount
    B - 0.5% base + (0.5*13) = 0.5 + 6.5 + 15%(dilithium mine discount) = 22% Discount
    G - 1% base + (1*13) = 1 + 13 + 15%(dilithium mine discount) = 29% Discount

6tviTDx.png

• borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    Honestly, I wouldn't spend too much brain power on it. Based on some internal discussion and number crunching, along with initial feedback, we're probably going to change the whole thing.

And get them working. That's an important step, too.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
    edited July 2015
    Honestly, I wouldn't spend too much brain power on it. Based on some internal discussion and number crunching, along with initial feedback, we're probably going to change the whole thing.

Sounds good. Hehe thanks bort.
    6tviTDx.png

• dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User

I am not quite sure if a flat bonus to all fleets within the armada isn't the better approach.

Assuming alpha fleets get a bonus worth the effort I predict either lots of drama 'can I haz alpha fleet plz 4 my main?' or the 'smart play' approach of simply creating a placeholder alpha fleet where all beta and gamma fleets have easy access to.

On a slightly unrelated personal note to Borticus: You did see my xindi lockbox bug post from a month ago right?
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
    edited July 2015
    dukedom01 wrote: »
    Assuming alpha fleets get a bonus worth the effort I predict either lots of drama 'can I haz alpha fleet plz 4 my main?'
    this is why i have been thinking of the armada system as a cleverly disguised merger system. beyond any doubt the most beneficial scenario for the rank-and-file is to move to the alpha and contribute to their gamma from there.
    i have already been mentally spitballing different ways this can be accommodated, and i came to the conclusion that our ranks are already set up perfectly for this. the only thing we would need to do is purge some inactives and reshuffle some of the excess alts some people keep on the roster.

the other option is to flat out forbid it, but may be problematic to police.​​
    Post edited by tehbubbaloo on
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Well, it isn't fair to tell people where to move...or disband and "go over there".
    Talk about a source of conflict!

Maybe after people start interacting in the Armada environment and making friends they may want to move around a bit. But in the end, it is not the decision of the Fleet (leaders) with whom an individual wants to play.

It is going to be an aspect of Armadas that Fleet leadership will to have to manage. It could be a big headache and heartache. I, certainly, do not envy them.

++++++++++++

Once holdings are finished, leaving the Armada and decreasing the XP bonuses across the board...may not be in the best interest, either. And extremely difficult if members of the fleets have started to interact.

There are going to be Fleets that WANT to leave and strike out on their own...

But who wants to be that Armada that tells a Gamma fleet, "We don't want you any more"...reason: no more fleet credits to be had? Leave or disband and (the people we like can...??) join another fleet in the Armada....because we tell you it is the best thing to do???

I would be looking for another Armada....because I would be thinking: who's next???

+++++++++++++

It is going to be bad enough with conflicts over Fleet Mark contributions. I can already see people are going to fighting for Fleet mark "dump sites", in this Armada system. It is a recurring sentiment in various threads, "Yea, going to be able to dump my fleet marks!!!".

I understand why. There is a greater return of fleet credits from Fleet Mark contributions than dilithium or DOFFs or other commodities. It is the Unrefined Dilithium of the fleet world....easy to collect and no where else to use them.

But I am not sure people realize, there really isn't a huge Fleet Mark requirement in these projects. Especially, in comparison to the amount of Fleet Marks that they have banked away.

And people will be greedy when a level 4 or 5 Starbase Upgrade comes along and they fill the entire cache of 36,000-48,000 Fleet Marks by themselves.

I don't mind helping people with Fleet Credit deficit issues, but I don't want the "Credit Hogs" lurking in another Gamma, Beta or Alpha fleet out there to take it all for themselves, either.

Inside a fleet, the Fleet Leader may have a say in the process...but in an Armada...how do you control the membership of the other 12 Fleets? It may be a difficult road to share the load in a small fleet, but is easier to designate the rewards.
    Post edited by where2r1 on
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    where2r1 wrote: »
    It is going to be bad enough with conflicts over Fleet Mark contributions. I can already see people are going to fighting for Fleet mark "dump sites", in this Armada system. It is a recurring sentiment in various threads, "Yea, going to be able to dump my fleet marks!!!".

I understand why. There is a greater return of fleet credits from Fleet Mark contributions than dilithium or DOFFs or other commodities. It is the Unrefined Dilithium of the fleet world....easy to collect and no where else to use them.

But I am not sure people realize, there really isn't a huge Fleet Mark requirement in these projects. Especially, in comparison to the amount of Fleet Marks that they have banked away.

And people will be greedy when a level 4 or 5 Starbase Upgrade comes along and they fill the entire cache of 36,00-48,000 Fleet Marks in by themselves.

I don't mind helping people with Fleet Credit deficit issues, but I don't want the "Credit Hogs" lurking in another Gamma, Beta or Alpha fleet out there to take it all for themselves, either.

Inside a fleet, the Fleet Leader may have a say in the process...but in an Armada...how do you control the membership of the other 12 Fleets? It may be a difficult road to share the load in a small fleet, but is easier to designate the rewards.

I think they have already addressed this. Each individual fleet can control what gets donated to projects. So, if a gamma fleet queues up a Starbase Upgrade Tier 5 project, for example, and decides that they don't want Fleet Marks from any of the other fleets in the Armada, they can restrict Fleet Mark donation. Likewise, if they can fill the project completely on their own, with the exception of Fleet Marks, they can permit Fleet Mark donations from the Armada, and restrict all other donations. It will be up to the Fleet Leaders, and whoever they have given permissions for Fleet Holdings to, to make that choice.
    The Armada
  • kristaswiftkristaswift Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    yeah, the bonuses arent very exciting at all.
    but its not as if i expected them to be.​​

I agree. For all the headaches and the drama that this armada conglomerate might cause don't think the bonus would justify doing this:

I'm looking at Skill points since my fleet is already maxed out and most interested in SKILL Bonus%. As per your above calculations it seems the MAX you can get might be 14% with all 13 fleets max tiers.

To be honest 14% is not much compared to 50% or 100% bonus Cryptic gives out on XP bonus events. How do they want to entice other fleets to do this? Would be great if they can increase the bonus to at least 2X the current amount.

It's a start but as fleet leaders this do not entice some to participate in this system for these low bonuses.
    Can someone please revise those numbers and at least make 2% the minimum instead of 1%?

However, 14% still better than none :D
  • dabelgravedabelgrave Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I'm looking at Skill points since my fleet is already maxed out and most interested in SKILL Bonus%. As per your above calculations it seems the MAX you can get might be 14% with all 13 fleets max tiers.
    how easy do you think it would be to find nine t5 fleets willing to forsake their skill bonus and take an unneeded dil input reduction for the sake of the alpha getting the max xp bonus? the chances of 13 t5 fleets moving into a single armada is pretty slim. in reality, the best we can realistically hope for is like a whopping 7% bonus in the alpha fleet.
    imo to make it an actual xp bonus we should be talking about doubling xp or more. not 7% lol
    dabelgrave wrote: »
    Fleets come with a built-in Officer channel. Armadas should also have one.
    im curious to see how many armadas will actually use the channel. most t5 fleets already use a global channel.​​
  • dabelgravedabelgrave Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    dabelgrave wrote: »
    Fleets come with a built-in Officer channel. Armadas should also have one.
    im curious to see how many armadas will actually use the channel. most t5 fleets already use a global channel.
    Fixed that for you. ;)

Yes, most fleets do use custom channels. But if an armada forms from unaffiliated fleets with multiple existing custom channels, they already get the armada channel, but could use something to connect just the leaders. Even if it's not used very often, more options are better than fewer options.​​
  • tbwsto#8925 tbwsto Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    How do I access this spreadsheet for the armada?
    9E5JBSh.png
    Trust Ivonova, trust yourself, everybody else- shoot 'em
    I think they have already addressed this. Each individual fleet can control what gets donated to projects. So, if a gamma fleet queues up a Starbase Upgrade Tier 5 project, for example, and decides that they don't want Fleet Marks from any of the other fleets in the Armada, they can restrict Fleet Mark donation. Likewise, if they can fill the project completely on their own, with the exception of Fleet Marks, they can permit Fleet Mark donations from the Armada, and restrict all other donations. It will be up to the Fleet Leaders, and whoever they have given permissions for Fleet Holdings to, to make that choice.

I do not think you are thinking at a high enough level, here.

How does the choice between: "Contributions Blocked from Armada" or "Contributions Open to Armada" rate as "control"??

Please give a better example of how this "system" is going to stop a random guy IN ANY ONE OF THE 13 fleets (maybe home from work or off from school that particular day or keeps late night hours) browsing open fleet projects in the Armada list and BINGO! Finds this Tier 5 Project and completely fills all the Fleet Marks in (or fills most of it in). Dumping fleet marks and running away with all those Fleet Credits?

That guy scooped up all the Fleet Credits from the rest of the ARMADA...not just YOU, not just your FLEET, all 13 fleets got hit with that. How would you feel if THAT happened? "The guy has good luck".

How is it going to alleviate problems for people feeling the Fleet Credit pinch in the "Large Fleets" or your fleet?

Or would you be party to the Fleet Leaders colluding with each other to hide projects like this from the Armada so they could hand pick certain characters to contribute a set amount? Because fleet leaders aren't prone to favoritism or self serving, or anything like THAT! Because I have NEVER heard of fleet leaders blocking people from gaining rank or access to fleet stores before...THAT never happens!! <--sarcasm here

And, of course, Fleet Leaders will be careful and only "pull the trigger" on the project when the hand selected group can be on line to contribute. Makes sense.

How long would it take to collaborate this scheme? How long would you want to wait around for this dance to complete itself? If you were a Fleet Leader in this Armada....would you even have the time for planning in this way? Or would you just hand it off to "Alpha Leader"? Are they really covering your fleet's back???

Should the Alpha or Beta or Gamma fleet have the "first crack" at the T-5 Project?
    Should the fleet with 500 members get a larger piece of the T-5 Project pie than the fleet with 150 members?

And you know that crazy slide bar we have to use for contributions? How do you set it so people can select exactly 1,523 "items" that has been deemed their "share"? So there is "space left" for someone else to get in on it?

The fleets could go through all that convoluted arguing and pushing and pulling and negotiating and formulate a plan, get the project in the queue.....BUT....

Clueless someone browsing through the projects (just at that moment) could derail the whole thing. Still.

But, no....NO PROBLEMOS!!!! WE can BLOCK CONTRIBUTIONS from the Armada.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    edited July 2015
    Actually @where2r1 you can control what comes in and out from a fleet in the Armada system....

I.e if alpha fleet Disney want anyone donating to it, the alpha fleet can block all contributions or block certain items: fleet credits, dilithium, riffs etc.

Likewise a beta or gamma fleets can control what comes in and out of the fleet.

I believe I posted that info on my central info thread.
    6tviTDx.png

• gamerjoshgamerjosh Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    I hope that Armadas will be made to be cross faction. My fleet has KDF and StarFleet subfleets, and it would be a shame for the KDF one to be stuck without being able to join the other fleets we own.

Maybe someone who knows something can talk about this...?

Belief manifests reality
    gamerjosh wrote: »
    I hope that Armadas will be made to be cross faction. My fleet has KDF and StarFleet subfleets, and it would be a shame for the KDF one to be stuck without being able to join the other fleets we own.

Maybe someone who knows something can talk about this...?

Yup!

http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/12585517/#Comment_12585517
    drreverend wrote: »
    Can a Federation and KDF fleet be in the same Armada? Because that'd be great.

The Armada System will not allow for cross-faction organizations when it launches.

We plan to spend some time later on exploring whether or not doing so would be technically feasible, and what repercussions it might entail.

For example, I know off-the-cuff that a FED player can't be invited to a KDF Starbase. So if we somehow overcame the technical hurdles that would allow these two Fleets to belong to the same Armada together, would it be fair to ask the FED Fleet to help donate to the KDF projects, if they can't reap some of the benefits?

We'll have to review it all in detail later on.

And here's the Link to the Announcement for those who missed it --> CLICK ME!
    6tviTDx.png

edited July 2015
    I am stopping.
    I can not figure it out. No one seems to be able to explain to me exactly how blocking works.

I was reading about Strongholds in Neverwinter...going to go focus on that.

• smilegcb2#3786 smilegcb2 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    Are Armadas cross-faction?
    no, not at launch anyway

Argh ... :(

It is a good idea to make the armada cross - faction, I hope that this feature will go out fast!
    where2r1 wrote: »
    I am stopping.
    I can not figure it out. No one seems to be able to explain to me exactly how blocking works.

I was reading about Strongholds in Neverwinter...going to go focus on that.

Ill see if I can get you a snip later on today! :-)
    6tviTDx.png

You know, they could solve the whole problem of "Fleet Credit Hogs" = those who swoop in and fill all the building projects and don't allow anyone else to get a chance at it.

By offering "Armada Donation Boxes" for Fleet Credits, instead.