test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Delta Fleet Holding

Comments

• Options
    doubleohninedoubleohnine Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    If this doesnt give us the ability to select crafting mods, then its a waste of time. Of course we'll have to grind further to get the ability and keep us in game, but if they dont give us what we want with THIS holding, whats the point?
    STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
    Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Crusader
  • Options
    Sarek1701Sarek1701 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    We had just put our fleet into hibernation mode until new fleet content came out. 3 days later - new fleet holding! And I only had to sacrifice 5 alts and a few new recruits to the altar of the fleet devs to get it! (jk)

Seriously though, looking forward to some fresh fleet content!
  • Options
    icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    looking for the pay to win whales to finish it fast for the ability to chose mods when crafting on the station. with the drawback of being bound to account or toon maybe on pickup.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• Options
    dave18193dave18193 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    I so dearly hope this new expansion lets us pick our own mods when crafting and, in particular, upgrading.

And being able to craft tech upgrades which are guaranteed to boost rarity improvement chance by a noticeable amount (like 5% minimum per click) would be so much better than the enormously horrible tech-point slanted only upgrades we have now, which make improving the rarity of MK14 items (eg rep items) painful.

That said, it looks great. NEW FLEET HOLDING HURRAH!!!!!!
    Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/87XKSGH
  • Options
    kristaswiftkristaswift Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    Great idea and looking forward to it

• Options
    lobstercatlobstercat Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    it would also be nice if you could use some of the common & rare officer in the sacrifice instead of just uncommon.
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    Yes, I can use my stockpile of Fleet Marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Sucks to be in a small fleet"
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    I'm going to be my classic pessimistic self and say, "I got a bad feeling about this".

Many fleets I am close with, use to be full of people and now manned by skeleton crews. And people are just tired of grinding the same events over and over. So I really hope this fleet holding is geared towards small fleets and not these 500-man superfleets. At the same time implementing alternate ways of "building" the holding.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    Here's hoping, it is a hefty size investment for fleets, because it has been needed for awhile now!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    marctraiderzmarctraiderz Member Posts: 539 Arc User
    RIP STO
    /10char
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    i just hope it has a significant dil investment- at least as much as the dil mine did, but hopefully more.
    it would also be a great time for cryptic to throw us a bone and let us unload a tonne of marks. im talking like 50,000 mark upgrades and whatnot.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    Standard comment about small fleets once again not going to manage to get this in any reasonable time frame. Still working on the Embassy and Spire after, how many years since fleets got holdings?

We're in the same boat in my fleet, though we do at least have the final leveling project for our Embassy in place, and are getting close to starting the final leveling on our Spire. But our Starbase? T5 is a looooooong way out. Adding more grind is not at all what I hoped to see, even though I FINALLY managed to start being able to contribute to my fleet again after the horrible grind that was Delta Rising and tech upgrades for two toons.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    As such, this facility will offer many new opportunities for players to explore and participate in the existing R&D System in entirely new and rewarding ways.

Hmm.....as you progress in your Fleet Dilithium Mine Holding your fleet can unlock various dilithium store discounts which include items from fleet stores, the dilithium store accessed from the mini map, reputation stores, etc..

I'm guessing this new holding will do something similar for R&D and/or upgrading equipment. Like making it take less time for crafting items to complete and/or reducing the 'Finish Now' dilithium cost. Perhaps reducing the amount of tech points needed to upgrade stuff also.

It could also mean unlocking the ability to select mods when crafting items or maybe some sort of token we can buy from the fleet holding store to change mods on existing stuff.

Guess we'll have to wait and find out. I hope they give us as much details as possible instead of just a basic rundown and forcing us to figure out the rest on our own. I'm both intrigued and worried about this new fleet holding. :confused:

P.S. A cookie for Cryptic :cookie:
  • Options
    eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    Yay new fleet holding!

Mod replacement on items I hope is one feature of this new holding. Also, I dearly hope some main star base projects are brought in that entirely or mostly only require FMs to complete.
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    So it looks like the prayers for a lower Zen price on the Dilithium Exchange may get fulfilled?

I am eager to learn what the new fleet holding will actually offer.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    kolarkortarkolarkortar Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    I for one hope it does not let you pick mods , then what will be the point of all sorts of farming and crafting for items to sell to others , will tank a big part of the exchange.

For those who want the mods they want, you can make them yourself or pay , time or money your choice
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    Great! This should help with the inflated dilithium exchange price. I wonder what special equipment we will get from the research lab.
  • Options
    shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    I looked at the picture and thought, "hmm, giant space hermaphrodite". But that's just me being silly.
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    farmallm wrote: »
    Good hope it will drop the Dil exchange some. So I can get back to buying Zen with Dil. Like to see what new stuff they offer. Last few times I got outfits for my Romulan.

Shhh, don't say that, you'll jinx it. ;)
  • Options
    alexsanderitaalexsanderita Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    This is exactly why they did it - I was expecting it to come.

I still dream from time to time about using the Gateway to doff off-game in spare minutes as we were told
  • Options
    qordaqqordaq Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    Personally I am looking forward to learning more about this Holding. The fluffy intro piece "Suggests" that there could be some new concepts here, and Devs have hinted variously that new Fleet functionality could be inbound. I'll be following future Blogs on this one.
    Previously: QorDaq
    Operations Team, 12th Fleet
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    For none R&D or appearance stuff, I'm guessing it will have Gold Upgrade (legendary?) Hangar pets, Secondary Deflectors, Science Consoles, and an entirely new equiptment slot and possibly a Krenium ship or ship upgrade.
  • Options
    oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    Its a fleet holding, there for follows form and has a max tier of 3. It focus will be R&D. What exactly that means will find out down the road. I'm saving any questions if needed until they tell us more. I just need to remind my own fleet to not put resources into appearance stuff until the meat and potato projects are done. I'm personally not all that excited about it as even with the Delta recruit event my own fleet still hasn't managed to finish tier 4 on the fleet base, though our mine holding is maxed, and we're almost totally complete on the fleet spire and embassy holding.
    LIkely not going to even start on the silly thing until the other 2 holdings are tier 3. I'd much rather see what we have complete before starting on yet another fleet grind.

Mine is a very small fleet, and we really don't go out of our way to do recruiting... It's just the way it worked out.
    What I would really like to do is see some sort of way of reducing projects costs for small fleets like mine with few active members. If such a thing is created undoubtedly that be groups of players that exploit it in ways not intended. I could care less... if players are so interested in "winning" to the point where they will exploit the game features/issues let them. As long as them steeling tidy whities don't TRIBBLE on eveyone elses game play I could care less (by causing lag etc). The worst of it happens in PvP, and PvP is so lacking in any sort of balance in STO that I just refuse to take part anyway. Until Cryptic puts in some sort of system to force PvP balance it going to stay that way too.

There is still a need yet balance opportunity between large pop fleets and small pop fleets. Many players don't want to be in large fleets. You get lost there. And, in the large fleets a single players contribution can end up being pretty miniscule. And the fleet base and holdings just get treated like a shopping mall. you get disconnected from the leadership of the fleets, and the real social bonds don't develop.

The part about fleet bases I do not like, is the white quality personnel requirements on many projects.. the easiest way to acquire doffs for those is to purchase white quality fleet doffs with fleet credits. Unfortunatly, the DOFFS cost you more credits then the contribution of them gain you. That's on top of contributing fleet rep tokens, dilithium, and commodities/weapons/stuff. The DOFFS are by far the single costliest part of fleets projects. The rest you can get. There now dozens of sources for fleet marks as long as you don't mind a little dayly repetitiveness. I'd really like to see fleet project costs making a bit more sense. Why are we running around, fetching things? Dilithium I understand, fleet marks, I understand, EC costs I understand. Change the silly costs so they only use those three items. Stop double charging us on DOFF's. THAT is just silly. I have a star ship that is needed by the fleet and the empire elsewhere.

DO it right and it not only will simply things, it'll be that much less space taken up by database entries, which means that much faster things run.

If I may suggest a mechanic. The larger the fleet is,the more subject to "friction" it is. Costs increase for projects due to, well, call it graft corruption, and bad book keeping the more personnel a fleet has.. And maybe a little black market on the side. This is normal in real world large organizations. Economy of scale kicks in after a bit, but until it does, lean and and mean is going to be far more efficient, and cost effective.

There are several ways it can be done. I do know that I don't like the fleet base systems. After several years of seeing the tiny fleet I'm part of busting its TRIBBLE to get ahead and still currently only at level 12, its damd frustrating. The Delta event helped a little but it didn't kick us up a level.

It's nice to see that we have a new fleet holding coming... but for small fleets, its just another resource sink that isn't going to really pay off for some time.

"I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    Deflectors that boost dmg, res, and acc. Please tell me they get +50 or better one science ability each boosts or these are just as bad as the old fleet ones at TRIBBLE science over in favor of more of the same usual stuff.
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    imo if a fleet is a year old and hasnt managed to max the mine, embassy, and spire by now... they arent real fleets.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    imo if a fleet is a year old and hasnt managed to max the mine, embassy, and spire by now... they arent real fleets.

Our fleet was setup for a few of us from our small community. Over the time, a lot of us stopped playing STO. Now I'm pretty much the sole contributor (by quite a margin). We can't progress at the rates of 500 member fleets with 1 or 2 people playing. But our fleet is real, and it means a lot to us because it's our group, of which we've all been part of for over a decade in various games.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    Looks like my small fleet will again be left in the dust
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]