What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Delta Fleet Holding

Comments

• Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Myself I am hoping this will give us the ability to craft specialty weapons, like Spiral Wave Disruptors, in models they do not currently come in, such as Spiral Wave DBBs, DHCs, Turrets, etc.

This seems more likely with a Cardassian fleet holding than a Krenim holding.

I'm expecting chroniton energy weapons, quantum projectiles, maybe some handy science/engineering consoles, new temporal duty officers, and maybe a temporal themed crafted shield/deflector/warpcore/engine set.

Maybe we could see the Krenim costumes. Maybe some weird variant "alternate timeline" costumes for Fed/KDF/Romulans. This could be the perfect place to unlock those Tal Shiar costumes some Romulan players want if one of the timelines is one where the Romulan Stare Empire never fell.

Maybe alternate reality fleet ships, including T6 or T5U mirror and some other vraiants. One variant I'd like to see are Fed ships with blue bussard collectors. J.J.-verse has it but so do a few other examples from Trek. Maybe something wacky like a T6 Dreadnought nebula or faction-swapped ships.

Ie. Feds get a Galaxy with a Klingon hull pattern and Tac focus, Klingons get a Science-themed K'vort, and Romulans get a Cardassian warbird with an engineering focus or something. If we're researching alternate timelines, it'd be cool if we got to pull ship and uniform designs from one.

Could also be used to setup some new Mirror Universe content.
  • Options
    divvydavedivvydave Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I hope we get to pick mods on weapons with this holding as well as changing mods on existing weapons and please please please can we have the ability to deconstruct weapons and gear down to their basic materials. Even if we have to wait until we have maxed the holding at T3.

Edit: also a reduction in the dil cost of upgrades/crafting that other posters have mentioned would be VERY welcome imo :)
  • Options
    kelltaniskelltanis Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Fleet Research Lab? YAY!!! Timeline manipulation? NOOOOO!!!
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    Courtesy of a Redditor (LINK).

It's an early image of what each tier unlocks. The Reddit thread itself does mention that it's an early build, so some things are subject to change.

I do hope they keep the Uniforms at T2; I really want them.
  • Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    dirlettia wrote: »
    I take it this is going to be a new complete starbase project then rather than a mere holding?

It does say fleet holding, so I'm guessing it's a holding. God, I hope it's not another starbase.

Currently on tribble... its a sub-holding like Spire, Mine and Embassy...
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    more r&d stuff, i hope that they will be better than the current crappy system. i'm a little bit disapointed; nothing new: grind, sliders, grind, sliders; no interaction, no special missions (only for this holding); bugged defera ad nauseam again
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    Personally, I'd just like to be able to choose my modifiers, even if it costs more dil.
  • Options
    rharkulrharkul Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    There's literately four or so episodes that depict why building this thing would be a terrible idea.
    The trouble with loyalty to a cause, is the cause will always betray you.
  • Options
    highlandrisehighlandrise Member Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    sov42 wrote: »
    Personally, I'd just like to be able to choose my modifiers, even if it costs more dil.

THIS, 1 MILLION PERCENT THIS. Thats what iam telling everyone. Iam so sicken Tired of getting / crafting Stuff with Mods that i dont want, having to Craft 1000 Weapons / Gear to get what you want, AND than also need some Serious Luck that it also gets the Fourth Mod that you want when Upgrading to Ultra Rare is beyond Frustrating.

It can be so easy, my Idea would be let us CRAFT the Mods Itself. Gear (same with Kits) should have "Mod Slots" more slots Depending on the Quality of it. So a Green Piece of Gear has 1 Slot, Blue 2, Purple 3, Ultra has 4 Slots, than we should be able to Craft the Different avaible Mods in the R&D System and Just put them into the Gear / Fuse them into the Gear. So for example if i want a Weapon with CrtDx4 i need to Craft 4 CrtD Mods, make the Mods more expensive to Craft if you want but just GIVE us that Option. Also an option to Remove the Mods from a gear again, but maybe with the Risk that the Gear could be Destroyed in the Proces. The Epic Qualitys ACC/DMG mod can be a Fixed Mod that all Weopons get Automaticly like it is right now anyway, same goes for other Epic level Mods on other Gear.

This should be for Crafted Gear only not for Gear from Missions (well if you add it to those aswell even better but Priority should be crafted Gear).

Gathering a Set of Gear with the System Right now takes either FOREVER and / or Costs us both Arms and Legs and is everything else than Exciting.

I think everyone would agree with my Idea, thats probably the best thing that could happen to STO.

Please Cryptic THINK about it, maybe make a Survey amongst the Playerbase, i cant imagine that the Player would not like that idea :o

PS: Final Fantasy VII allready had a similar System and came out 1997, 18 Years ago! So it cant be that Hard to Realize such a System in STO too right? Everything would be better than the Russian Roulette System that we have right now! :*

• Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,522 Arc User
    This will kill small fleets like mine. It was a pain and very expensive just getting everything to Tier 1 so we could run the provision assignments. The focus will be the same here... Get the fleet holding to T1, squeezing us dry, and hope for fleet invites to higher tier fleets for the item purchases...

:neutral:
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    crm14916 wrote: »
    This will kill small fleets like mine. It was a pain and very expensive just getting everything to Tier 1 so we could run the provision assignments. The focus will be the same here... Get the fleet holding to T1, squeezing us dry, and hope for fleet invites to higher tier fleets for the item purchases...

CM

All the more reason to reduce the costs.

THIS, 1 MILLION PERCENT THIS. Thats what iam telling everyone. Iam so sicken Tired of getting / crafting Stuff with Mods that i dont want, having to Craft 1000 Weapons / Gear to get what you want, AND than also need some Serious Luck that it also gets the Fourth Mod that you want when Upgrading to Ultra Rare is beyond Frustrating.

It can be so easy, my Idea would be let us CRAFT the Mods Itself. Gear (same with Kits) should have "Mod Slots" more slots Depending on the Quality of it. So a Green Piece of Gear has 1 Slot, Blue 2, Purple 3, Ultra has 4 Slots, than we should be able to Craft the Different avaible Mods in the R&D System and Just put them into the Gear / Fuse them into the Gear. So for example if i want a Weapon with CrtDx4 i need to Craft 4 CrtD Mods, make the Mods more expensive to Craft if you want but just GIVE us that Option. Also an option to Remove the Mods from a gear again, but maybe with the Risk that the Gear could be Destroyed in the Proces. The Epic Qualitys ACC/DMG mod can be a Fixed Mod that all Weopons get Automaticly like it is right now anyway, same goes for other Epic level Mods on other Gear.

Exactly. It is so stupid and wasteful to have a random upgrade system. Revamping it to allow us to choose our mods would make so much more sense and make crafting more valuable and give FAR more reason to sink dil into epic upgrades.

• Options
    lagomorphiclagomorphic Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    crm14916 wrote: »

CM

For what it's worth, your friends in Starfleet Dental/Nerds of Prey will be working hard to hit T3 Research Lab ASAP and make it available to the public through our NoP Public Service channel. We've had maxed out holdings for quite some time and have been stockpiling resources in the event of another holding.

We've also had members of the many other fleets offering access in out channel express similar interest in getting their Labs invite ready.
  • Options
    decker73adecker73a Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    I'm looking forward to this. Even the smallest fleet can achieve tier 3 in the starbase and tier 2 in all other holdings with a bit of hard work.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    The only thing to cherish about this game is what it could have become under the proper leadership and integrity toward the canon of Star Trek.
  • Options
    The only thing to cherish about this game is what it could have become under the proper leadership and integrity toward the canon of Star Trek.

"Can anyone remember when we used to be explorers?" - Jean Luc Picard

I wouldn't mind having diplomatic and exploration missions return when the war is over. Those were fun. But, not really the post to discuss that on.

Like others, I'm excited to see what this new fleet base will offer.
  • Options
    dalmaciusdalmacius Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    As regards fleet holdings it has always seemed to be harder for the KDF to get things done as less players have characters in this faction. I have therefore decided to offer smaller fleets Houses within our fleet to run under one Lord the head of any merging KDF fleet. I want new blood in the fleet. Each House will run independently and manage the membership of his house (members of the merging fleet). I have also advised them not to delete their fleets as we may need them when we have finished with the Fleet Bases. My fleet only has to finish with SB t5. This new acquisition in the Delta Quadrant is a breath of fresh air. We will see what happens.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User

If you're still putting up with it, it seems to be not that problematic in the end. Only if a unexpectedly few people are using the system will Cryptic really have to do something about it.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,973 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    rharkul wrote: »
    There's literately four or so episodes that depict why building this thing would be a terrible idea.
    That's right, which is why we should!

There's for or so episodes that depict how to TRIBBLE it up. This time I'm sure it'll all go swimmingly, and not result in any Cold Wars what-so-ever.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    rharkulrharkul Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    rharkul wrote: »
    That's right, which is why we should!

There's for or so episodes that depict how to TRIBBLE it up. This time I'm sure it'll all go swimmingly, and not result in any Cold Wars what-so-ever.

A nuclear deterrent? Because that's worked out so well in the past.

NyI8PL8.gif
    The trouble with loyalty to a cause, is the cause will always betray you.
  • Options
    darrenh666darrenh666 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ...is that the front of a Vesta in the picture accompanying the post? Could this indicate a T6 Vesta on the horizon or am I just fantasising about what I want to see (it was a Multimission Research Vessel after all) :D
  • Options
    damienoz72damienoz72 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    So where do we get this?
  • Options
    kylelockekylelocke Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    The anti-Iconian torpedoes should have have been chroniton based not transphasic, the transphasic should have been used for Solanae rep system...right getting back on track, I think it would have been better to have a New Talax holding, not only would it have fit in with Delta Rising and Talaxians being made available to all factions but it'd make sense for story, considering that the Alliance would have to show the Talaxians establish a proper defensive fleet of their own.
    "I will make the Orion Syndicate face the light of justice or burn them with it." - Captainl Kyle Nathaniel Locke, U.S.S. Excalibur NCC-98105-C
  • Options
    zeatrexzeatrex Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    Remember we have Armadas now, so anyone in the fleet above yours can donate to your fleet. Still, I don't see the great thing in that since people who are in other fleets above you are trying to max out their fleet as well... So why place donations in someone else's fleet when you can put it in yours?... Makes no damn sense.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    zeatrex wrote: »
    Remember we have Armadas now, so anyone in the fleet above yours can donate to your fleet. Still, I don't see the great thing in that since people who are in other fleets above you are trying to max out their fleet as well... So why place donations in someone else's fleet when you can put it in yours?... Makes no damn sense.

With some large fleets which are maxed out at 500 members, a lot of the members have massive surplus of things like fleet marks because the projects fill up so quickly. So these players struggle to gain fleet credit. Having the option to donate to other fleet projects from fleets in the Armada will help there. ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    cruzistcruzist Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    With some large fleets which are maxed out at 500 members, a lot of the members have massive surplus of things like fleet marks because the projects fill up so quickly. So these players struggle to gain fleet credit. Having the option to donate to other fleet projects from fleets in the Armada will help there. ​​

They'll just dump their FM and XP and probably nothing else.

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Courtesy of a Redditor (LINK).

It's an early image of what each tier unlocks. The Reddit thread itself does mention that it's an early build, so some things are subject to change.

I do hope they keep the Uniforms at T2; I really want them.
    Some friends of mine who looked at it on tribble said it also has new Kit stuff.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    cruzist wrote: »
    With some large fleets which are maxed out at 500 members, a lot of the members have massive surplus of things like fleet marks because the projects fill up so quickly. So these players struggle to gain fleet credit. Having the option to donate to other fleet projects from fleets in the Armada will help there.

They'll just dump their FM and XP and probably nothing else.

Most likely, which is why I only mentioned fleet marks. Though to be honest, as a sole contributor to a fleet which I've managed to get to tier 3, I'd welcome even just Fleet Mark donations. ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    zeatrex wrote: »

All the while TRIBBLE people from lower fleets trying to do the same. Sure the lower leveled fleets will get their holdings, ect built up quicker but what's the point if they can't get fleet credits because higher leveled fleets are sucking them up?

I see little reason for a smaller fleet to want to join an armada.

• Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User

Amen to that! Me as well.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    saedeith wrote: »
    All the while TRIBBLE people from lower fleets trying to do the same. Sure the lower leveled fleets will get their holdings, ect built up quicker but what's the point if they can't get fleet credits because higher leveled fleets are sucking them up?

I see little reason for a smaller fleet to want to join an armada.

at the very least the gamma fleet will enjoy a discount on their project dil inputs.​​