test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Delta Fleet Holding

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
After an agreement with the Krenim, we're happy to announce the new groundwork for constructing a Fleet Research Lab - an entirely new Fleet Holding coming soon!

You can find out more about it here - http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9424713

~LaughingTrendy

Comments

• Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    Called it - looking forward to this! :)
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Knew a fleet holding in the Delta Quadrant was coming. I hope this isn't too expensive.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    Awesome!! This is exactly what STO needs right now, new fleet goodies and something worth putting dilithium into once again!

This is gonna be great! :D
  • Options
    ronanobrienronanobrien Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    This looks to be great, but I wish that the article provided a bit more details on what exactly it's capable of. But can't have everything, but I'm more than happy to wait for this...and hope that it revives my fleet!
  • Options
    divvydenddivvydend Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I think Homer says it best ... WOOHOO!!!!!
    homer_simpson_woohoo.jpeg
  • Options
    qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    more, more, and even more goodies.. i'm going to treat my self to a celebratory danish and triple shot caramel latte, while i sit back and take in all of the days good shtuff happening!
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • Options
    gothkid1972gothkid1972 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    Shouldnt be too bad for established fleets I would think, but for fleets still working on maxing out its gonna be a pita
  • Options
    captainransomcaptainransom Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    Cool. New R&D and fleet projects.
    giphy.gif

"It's easy to cling to principles when you're standing on a vessel with its bulkheads intact, manned by a crew that's not starving."

• Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    Standard comment about small fleets once again not going to manage to get this in any reasonable time frame. Still working on the Embassy and Spire after, how many years since fleets got holdings?
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    Ah thank you so very much. 9 Million dilithium here ready to dump when we hit the sell order price.

I'm also hoping for upgrades it this facility for carrier pets, but I'm very happy even if they don't happen.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    random909random909 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    So, is this on the test server yet? Will it have an interior map with crafting stations? Kinda like Memory Alpha had? AND, will there be featured projects to add shiny things on the interior map? :)
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    trekpuppytrekpuppy Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    Time to say bye bye to all my obsolete crafted Dual Antiproton Beam Banks Mk XIV [Ac/Dm] [CrtD]x3 [Pen]...
    ---
    "-Grind is good!" --Gordon Geko
    Accolades checklist: https://bit.ly/FLUFFYS
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,181 Community Moderator
    YEEHAW!
    I was starting to wonder when our next fleet holding was going to appear.

I believe a certainmarine said it best:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J6-3l3hCm0
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    If it is as crafting and R&D focused as the blog implies I can safely ignore it's existence.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    With the insane xp grindfest still in existence I will have to pass on this as well until they get it where I can stomach playing this game again.
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    Fleets can also unlock inter-fleet shuttle capabilities that will allow for quick and easy access to the Research Lab’s location in the Delta Quadrant.
    can you guys please make the shuttle function properly, as in non fleet-members that have been invited to the starbase can use the shuttle and not be transferred to their own holding?
    as it is, the spire and mine shuttles dump invitees at their own holdings, which really confuses people and complicates base-invites.
  • Options
    blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    It'd be nice to be able to craft more pieces like the Chronoton lobi dual beam array, even though I doubt it'd be part of it, we can dream.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• Options
    Fleets can also unlock inter-fleet shuttle capabilities that will allow for quick and easy access to the Research Lab’s location in the Delta Quadrant.
    can you guys please make the shuttle function properly, as in non fleet-members that have been invited to the starbase can use the shuttle and not be transferred to their own holding?
    as it is, the spire and mine shuttles dump invitees at their own holdings, which really confuses people and complicates base-invites.

Yeah, this would be really handy for when you have to get an invite/or give an invite to somebody who doesn't have a high enough tiered holding. At least you could invite from any of your fleet holdings and they could travel to your other holdings.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    I take it this is going to be a new complete starbase project then rather than a mere holding?

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    Captain AmahinoCaptain Amahino Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Well well well. I wasn't expecting this. I can't say I'm mad though. While I'm in a small fleet, I'm also pleased that something has come along that can drive down the inflated dilithium to zen cost we've been experiencing for the last few months. This should be positive. I'm curious how this will interact with the R&D system. I look forward to the coming blog reports.
  • Options
    dirlettia wrote: »
    I take it this is going to be a new complete starbase project then rather than a mere holding?

It does say fleet holding, so I'm guessing it's a holding. God, I hope it's not another starbase.
  • Options
    thenoname711thenoname711 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    If it will be the size of embassy/dil. mine/spire it will not last long. Thanks to atrocious R&D and gear upgrade system players learned to gather insane amounts of dilithium and will just breeze through a mere fleet holding. But still looking forward to this. I hope the extension of R&D system also means upgradable kit frames and kit modules.
    Gameserver not found.
  • Options
    gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This reminds me of that part in Shrek 2 where the fairy godmother kept pulling books out and said "Oh look! No ogres.... nope, no ogres..." yadda yadda yadda.... I'd replay that scene and it would play out as follows.. "Oh look, more grinding.... yep, more grinding... let's see, more grinding.... no no No NO!" :s
    x-x-everywhere-meme-generator-grinding-grinding-everywhere-272e5b.jpg
    signature.png
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    And so the hype train for season 10.5 sets off on it's journey.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    random909 wrote: »
    So, is this on the test server yet? Will it have an interior map with crafting stations? Kinda like Memory Alpha had? AND, will there be featured projects to add shiny things on the interior map? :)
    The Fleet Research Lab will also feature many unlockable projects to improve both its interior and exterior visual appearance

Sounds to me like it will.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    random909random909 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    This is gonna be a good add on for the game.... From what I've seen so far, it's like a second fleet starbase.... Which begs another question, will the top tier version (likely 3) Be as big as a third tier starbase? Whoa....
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    Is it a regular Tier 3 fleet holding? I'm looking forward to see who will complete it first among the remaining fleets :p
  • Options
    divvydenddivvydend Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    dirlettia wrote: »

The Fleet Research Lab will also feature many unlockable projects to improve both its interior and exterior visual appearance

It is obviously another complete installation like the dili mine and the spire from what it says in news item.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    Good hope it will drop the Dil exchange some. So I can get back to buying Zen with Dil. Like to see what new stuff they offer. Last few times I got outfits for my Romulan.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.