test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Say something Positive about: The new forums

rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,443 Community Moderator
Might as well do one of these.

Something positive...

We now have the ability to flag posts and threads so we don't have to PM a Mod.
We now can have embedded YouTube videos.
We have free reign to post pics anywhere outside of the Art section.

It is crunchy and tastes good with ketchup?
db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)

Comments

• kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    They allow me to post this:

hF3BCE9F8

;)

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    The My Bookmarks feature is easier for me than vBulletin's subscriptions.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm not Archived post again!

OOps! Maybe I am.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It sent me an Email..., listing everybody who got a Warning in the old forums...
    And it was even friendly enough to include the complete body of text in each and every one.
    :o
    It was refreshing to see I'm not the only one who can be a Bad Boy around here.
    And some folks were especially BAD.
    >:)

o:)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    edited June 2015
    daveyny wrote: »
    It sent me an Email..., listing everybody who got a Warning in the old forums...
    And it was even friendly enough to include the complete body of each and every one.
    B)

That problem (the merged PM) has been reported, and I am hoping it's getting a priority fix.

Something positive though...hmm...I got my signature graphic up to a somewhat improved resolution. The previous size limit meant it was kinda grainy.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    OK... I"m sure THAT one will be straightened out first thing, when They get in on Friday.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 980 Arc User
    I find quoting here less confusing then in the old one, that insisted on quoting everything that I clicked just to activate "quick reply".
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    Hey, how did everybody get their post counts back?

Edit: Oh, I did as well, last post I had 30.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    daveyny wrote: »
    And it was even friendly enough to include the complete body of text in each and every one.
    And some folks were especially BAD.
    >:)

o:)

This is definitely the best feature of the new forums, and possibly the only reason to visit these forums...it's an epic list of messages there...3506 of them. :D

Goes back to July 2012 and the Forumpocalypse of 2012 that took place.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    I can use my old b/w monitor for this forum without losing anything.
    :#
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    It feels a lot smoother to switch between threads here than in the old forum, and hopefully I'll finally be able to get thread subscriptions (bookmarks, whatever) working now.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,782 Arc User
    I can Ban and Win again. B)
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    It made me create my signature gif which greatly amuses me :D
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    -shrug- I got nothin' here.

Wait, scratch that- haven't seen hide nor hair of Bluegeek. :p
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,443 Community Moderator
    I'm sure bluegeek is around. Probably getting used to the forums just like us. For now bluegeek and askray don't even have their mod powers. They might when PWE is done migrating everyone over.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,430 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I'm sure bluegeek is around. Probably getting used to the forums just like us. For now bluegeek and askray don't even have their mod powers. They might when PWE is done migrating everyone over.
    Probably still getting it straightened out. There was a period yesterday afternoon when even Trendy didn't have her powers here! (Got that one fixed, Great Bird be praised...)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,443 Community Moderator
    jonsills wrote: »
    Probably still getting it straightened out. There was a period yesterday afternoon when even Trendy didn't have her powers here! (Got that one fixed, Great Bird be praised...)

Hail Tacofangs, our Forum Overlord, and Hail Trendy, our most worthy of Community Wizards.
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    It's a positive start and slowly heading in the right direction.

I'm reminded of Jim Varney as Seaman "Gloom and Doom" Broom on the TV version of Operation Petticoat, strumming his guitar and repeating "We're gonna sink, we're gonna sink."

Another crewman suggests he try being positive.

-strum- "I'm positive we're gonna sink..."

• sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    The new forum filters out naughty words like "cr*p" and "h*ll" so finally this place is made safe for the children! o:) zekkie doesn't have to cover his eyes anymore!
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They're online.
    Post edited by kojirohellfire on
    edited June 2015
    sander233 wrote: »
    The new forum filters out naughty words like "cr*p" and "h*ll" so finally this place is made safe for the children! o:) zekkie doesn't have to cover his eyes anymore!

I admit, I find that a bit excessive myself. I don't think it should be a problem to have the "minor" swear words that don't get bleeped on TV.

But at least I can say WARCRAFT now!! <--There's my positive thing for this post.

Yea... censoring WarCraft never made sense on the old forums. I mean... what was so offensive about it that it warrented a bleep out? Certainly not because it was another game, as we were able to name StarCraft and other games. Methinks... someone just didn't like WarCraft.
  • comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    Say something positive about the new Forums??? ok...

"Something positive about the new forums" normal-43.gif

lol

in a serious note...

bookmarks and @nrglg :)

oh and no 120sec between post limit... :o

btw @rattler2, you are so close to 17K I jelly normal-8.gif
    6tviTDx.png

edited June 2015
    I haz been a busy Ten Forward haunter.
    Sabrina%27s_Haunter.jpg
    Posts display with the proper time zone. For some reason this NEVER worked for me on the old forum and it was very annoying.

• tfcztfcz Member Posts: 20
    gulberat wrote: »
    Posts display with the proper time zone. For some reason this NEVER worked for me on the old forum and it was very annoying.

This and I like the new reply-box.

This is a new account I had to create, because the old one does not work with the new forums. :/
  • sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    The new forums are not friends with my smart phone, so instead of forum browsing I get to use my phone for something productive, like answering emails or playing poker (and winning!)
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    sander233 wrote: »
    The new forums are not friends with my smart phone, so instead of forum browsing I get to use my phone for something productive, like answering emails or playing poker (and winning!)

Odd, it works on my iPad fine (then again, that's an iPad...)
    Huh... I use my phone for something it was designed for... calling people. Then again I have Ye Olde Flip Phone on a pay as you go plan.

Scotty! Beam me up! :D