2»

Comments

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,782 Arc User
    Something positive.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    sander233 wrote: »
    The new forums are not friends with my smart phone, so instead of forum browsing I get to use my phone for something productive, like answering emails or playing poker (and winning!)

I may be able to give you some tips on circumventing that later. Though if you want to remain productive, that may not be in your best interests... >:)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    I can hotlink images for my sig now.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,444 Community Moderator
    Wait... there's a STEAM sig?

What?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Much to my surprise, I discovered a few nights ago that not only does multiquoting actually work, but if you know how to do it, it actually does it right instead of getting confused about what you meant to quote the way vBulletin did sometimes with Multi-On. O_O

I added the how-to to my New Forum Survival Tips thread in the Suggestions section.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
    edited June 2015
    I really appreciate your New Forum Survival Tips thread is proving very helpful for me. I'm learning things about forums in general I never new as well as stuff about this incarnation of the STO's board.

I know that the trend is to tweet or FB, but I'm just an old Forumite. :)

So, anyway, thanks.
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    I preferred the old ones. Before the merge and the revamp before that.

But that's just me, afraid of change.
    I really appreciate your New Forum Survival Tips thread is proving very helpful for me. I'm learning things about forums in general I never new as well as stuff about this incarnation of the STO's board.

So, anyway, thanks.

No problem! I'm an anti-Facebook, anti-Twitter dinosaur myself. Plus, I also had over a month extra time compared to most people to mess around over here and get the lay of the land, so I cheated a bit. ;)

gulberat wrote: »

So, anyway, thanks.

No problem! I'm an anti-Facebook, anti-Twitter dinosaur myself. Plus, I also had over a month extra time compared to most people to mess around over here and get the lay of the land, so I cheated a bit. ;)
    Didn't know about that. That makes you one very dedicated forumite. I think that deserves an award.
    And so I award you the coveted double thumbs up with a bow tie. IOW - 11th-Doctor-bowtiesarecool.jpg
    B)

• snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    The best thing about the forums? I'm here. :smile:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    Facebook and Twitter? Ugh. I only pay attention to George Takei's Facebook page because he's a truly wonderful human being, but other than that I stay away from all that drek.
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    it can't get any worse... that is a positive
  • gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    It remembers who I am without me having to click on something.
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • wombat140wombat140 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    It no longer marks all posts as read when you log out, which the old forum did whether you'd read them or not. Used to be confusing that, when I just dropped in to check one thing, without having time to read the lot, and that set *everything* to "read".

And the Search box seems to have turned up now, though there's no Advanced Search - hope they get that sorted out soon; I mean, even on Mabinogi's forum, which has the crummiest Advanced Search I've ever met, you can at least search for posts by a particular user.
    edited July 2015
    Oh, positiive thing #3, it's letting me say Mabinogi. The old forum always bleeped out the name Mabinogi for some reason... presumably the same mysterious reason it bleeped out WarCraft. Maybe it just indicated game developers that the Perfect World developers had squabbled with.
  • grandnaguszek1grandnaguszek1 Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    I know it says something positive but so far I can't find anything positive about it.
    Their website takes me in circles when I try to get into my settings so I can't even put Gornzilla back up :/
    say-star-wars-is-better.jpg
  • hellstedthellstedt Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    I don't have to log in every time I close the tab.
  • rooster707rooster707 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    hellstedt wrote: »
    I don't have to log in every time I close the tab.

Contrariwise, I get logged out every time I open a new tab. Then, when I try to log back in, my browser explodes. Figuratively speaking.
    76561198032353876.png
    Mine takes me round in circles when I log in - after logging in, trying to use the bookmark (for a particular discussion) that I'd used to reach the forum takes me to the the Arc Games homepage (at least I think that's what it is, a lot of the Arc pages look very alike with their rows of tiles for different games), and then I have to chase around for a while before any of the links feel like leading back to the forum again. Seems like we each have a different variation of this problem. (I'm using Windows Vista and Firefox 28.0.) There seems to be something about the way this forum works that means that the same URL does not always lead to the same place, depending what was the last page you visited.

But anyway, back on topic.