What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ferengi Nandi Warship Stats

Comments

• Options
    ionarcionarc Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Anybody else thinks the ship looks like a frog ?
  • Options
    gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Therefore, the list was valid... it would indeed be missing something from that list based on the stats we were given. ;)

List of concerns or list of typos? Imo, destroyers in general don't turn well enough to merit using cannons anyways (compared to the Bulwark, for example, however, would be more practical). But that's beside the point and, like you said, it's a warship which is a sub-category of destroyer so IF the Nandi can't equip cannons. That could be one reason why.
    signature.png
  • Options
    drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Anyone knows how many vouchers I'll need to get the ship on another char once I get it for 1,0000 vouchers on my first char? Wasn't able to find that info in the post.

Once you have it on one character, it unlocks account-wide.
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Anyone knows how many vouchers I'll need to get the ship on another char once I get it for 1,0000 vouchers on my first char? Wasn't able to find that info in the post.

None. You'll fine it, along with the other Event Rep ships, under a new section of the Event Rep Store. For free, all year, on your whole account.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    ionarc wrote: »
    Anybody else thinks the ship looks like a frog ?

Look at the top view... turn it so that its nose is facing up... it looks sort of like a little devil guy flexing... or maybe a grappling hook...

Yay Rorschach!

:D

I still say is would have looked way cooler if they'd swapped the bridge/engine locations around (and flipped the little claw thingies to match)...
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    karr007karr007 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Looks like a good ship. It won't replace my eclipse, but a few of my alts could use something like this. For the record - i bet it can load cannons, the D'kora can, so it must be a typo. Quite nice combat ship for it's price.
  • Options
    edited June 2015

Once you've unlocked it on 1 character it's suppose to be free for all others. Or is that just for past event ships?
    signature.png
  • Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So, a hole blog that descrive the bridge but the ship has no bridge?

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Am I too late to say that this will kill pvp?
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It doesn't look bad. In fact it looks so "neutral" (not really Ferengi-ish) that I can hopefully paint it green-ish and sell it as a Tellarite ship :D (In lack of a real one *grunts*)
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Once you've unlocked it on 1 character it's suppose to be free for all others. Or is that just for past event ships?

Nope, the Nandi is listed as claimable under the appropriate tab on Tribble, so it stands to reason that it applies to all Event Rep ships going forward.

Just a heads up, though... if you bought/buy the DSD's with Lobi it did NOT unlock account access during my testing on Tribble. Further, the error message specifically says:
    You must have completed the "Collect 2014 Anniversary Event Rewards" Event Reputation project on another character to claim this ship. Additionally, the character must not own the Dyson Science Destroyer reward pack or ship.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Nandi looks nice, though odd that a warship can't equip dual cannons.

To the previous poster's statement, I don't even need the lockbox ships to be account unlocks, just a player unlock or a way to repackage would be a help.

Stats look great but I have to agree with you that this ship's inability to equip cannons makes absolutely zero sense. How is it that a warship which is essentially a destroyer can't equip cannons?
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Please clarify a couple of things:

1) Does the Nandi have pilot maneuvering abilities like the new T6 Pilot ships or is it just a normal destroyer with a Pilot BOff slot? If this ship has those cool pilot maneuvers then I'm more likely to fly this ship.

2) Does the Metaphasic Solar Capacitor console (when active) stop those Iconian/Herald solar gateways from damaging your ship with solar radiation? If not, the console should since that was the whole idea behind Metaphasic shields in the Trek TV shows.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    So, a hole blog that descrive the bridge but the ship has no bridge?

I know, right! Why must things NOT be clear when it comes to "free" content but it's clear as a bell if it means us paying money? Something's wrong here.... dead giveaway.
    signature.png
  • Options
    drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Please clarify a couple of things:

1) Does the Nandi have pilot maneuvering abilities like the new T6 Pilot ships or is it just a normal destroyer with a Pilot BOff slot? If this ship has those cool pilot maneuvers then I'm more likely to fly this ship.

That's my question.

And since they don't even know if it has bridge, I guess they don't know if has any goodies like bank/exchange/mail or something.
  • Options
    bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    A turnrate of 12 is very low.
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Say Trendy, or anyone else. I just want to verify this.

Is it true, that I only have to unlock it on one toon, for all the toons to get the ship?

I also take it, the flying mission will be giving the current currency for this ship.

Thanks all.
    My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Can the ship equip cannons?
    Can we have a picture of the bridge please, pretty please lovely trendy!!!
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Well if it can use cannons it'll be fine, if not then it'll be another one like the Galaxy that screams foreward facing weapons but can only work with side facing.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I know, right! Why must things NOT be clear when it comes to "free" content but it's clear as a bell if it means us paying money? Something's wrong here.... dead giveaway.

Yeah, I tried asking if this would be like the Risian Luxury Cruiser's bit about...
    ...while still having no amenities whatsoever, but never got a response. Trendy has, however, said...
    Unconfirmed whether or not it has a brand-new bridge. I haven't heard anything about it having one.
    ...earlier in the thread.

Hopefully this time it's not just fluff...
    Ym9x9Ji.png
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hmm, surprised they didn't just recycle the D'kora bridge on it. I mean they use the Breen bridge for 3 very-different ships, and its not like there are many D'koras flying anymore anyways.
  • Options
    qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So here's my question:

No secondary deflector.

No sensor analysis.

No cannons.

No Cruiser Command abilities.

No flanking bonus.

No cloak.

No singularity core.

No hangar pet.

Doesn't every other ship have at least one of these things and often two or more?

If it has Cruiser Command abilities (I'd expect at least Weapon System Efficiency and Attract Fire), shouldn't that be in the blog?

Though it might be cool for this (and certain ships that have a sci/cruiser mix) to have Weapon System Efficiency, Attract Fire, and a third toggle that enables sensor analysis.

well it does have +1 bridge officer seat
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • Options
    elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Why does it look like it's flying backwards?
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Why does it look like it's flying backwards?

Oh fine, here. The answer is because they finally found reverse. :P
    Ym9x9Ji.png
  • Options
    canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Honestly, I'd settle for an account-bound repackage as well. Its just that with the account unlock for event ships we know they have the tech to do it for lockbox ships as well.

Part of the reason why they may be sitting on the fence is that lockbox/lobi ships are an absolutely huge source of revenue for them.

I think what it'll end up coming down to is how many people with lockbox/lobi ships have multiples of a non-Temporal ship on their account and how many are still grabbing multiples of that ship.

For instance if there's 10% of the people flying lockbox-lobi ships that have two or more copies of the Vaudwaar ships on their account I don't think they'll really consider it. On the other hand if there's maybe 15% of the people flying lockbox-lobi ships have multiple D'Koras on their account but only 1% of people flying lockbox-lobi ships have more than one copy of one of the Vaudwaar ships on their account and there seems to be even fewer possessing more than one copy of the post-Vaudwaar lockbox/lobi ships they might look at making those ships become account unlocks.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Yeah, I tried asking if this would be like the Risian Luxury Cruiser's bit about... ...while still having no amenities whatsoever, but never got a response. Trendy has, however, said... ...earlier in the thread.

Hopefully this time it's not just fluff...

You know what that means right? That means that some poor sucker is gonna dump countless amounts of Lobi to get the ship day 1 and cross his fingers that it has a bridge and/or you have players grinding for 2-3 weeks to find out the same info.... This is just wrong.
    signature.png
  • Options
    ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The fact that it gets synergy bonuses with the D'Kora console has me on the "will lockbox ships become account unlocks" warpath!

Seriously, is it even being considered? I'd gladly pay some Zen in order to turn my D'Kora into an account unlock.

I'd gladly pay $40 for an account-wide unlock for a single lockbox ship of my choice... In a heartbeat. Already spent top dollar to get it in the first place.
  • Options
    elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Oh fine, here. :P

I forgot that existed. Thankyou XD
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So here's my question:

No secondary deflector.

No sensor analysis.

No cannons.

No Cruiser Command abilities.

No flanking bonus.

No cloak.

No singularity core.

No hangar pet.

Doesn't every other ship have at least one of these things and often two or more?

If it has Cruiser Command abilities (I'd expect at least Weapon System Efficiency and Attract Fire), shouldn't that be in the blog?

Though it might be cool for this (and certain ships that have a sci/cruiser mix) to have Weapon System Efficiency, Attract Fire, and a third toggle that enables sensor analysis.

More than likely this is just to get people who have pieces of that set to grind to get the next vanilla set effect. At the same time its sort of a freebie so its not going to have much usefulness just another ship to use for storage if you get it lol.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Oh fine, here. The answer is because they finally found reverse. :P

Well played... well played. It is getting to that point where somethings just get annoying. :P
    signature.png