test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Random facts you found out about STO- put some down here!

2»

Comments

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,782 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    rooster707 wrote: »
    Okay, I'm pretty sure you're not serious, but... really?

Yes really. I did it recently, in fact. And on purpose. I've always got to test these things. :)
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    edited June 2015
    In the sector space revamp there is a random comet flying around. If you get close enough you can scan it for rare R&D materials.

Comets, abandoned ships, uncharted nebulae and other ways to get R&D mats in open space. Just keep your eyes out for the unusual and check it out. :)
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Most players in STO do not understand what the Objectives window means. Or where it's located.

Similarly, if there's an Interact, someone is likely to use it. This applies even if using it at that point in time causes a mission to fail. It's sort of like this or this. :P

Oh, and...
    • Crew is bad, with a larger Crew being a bigger handicap.
    • Schroedinger's Cat is present in-game. The psi-function of the lock box both contains and does not contain the cat; however, upon opening the lock box the presence or absence of the cat becomes fixed as a result of its interaction with the observer.
    • Disco Balls (Subspace Party Amplifiers) are not just used by trolls. They are also compatible with a Risian doff that grants combat bonuses to those affected by them.
    • If you carry Laas-in-a-box into the holodeck Changeling fight in Of Bajor, he somehow disappears into the holomatrix along with the holographic Changeling.
    • Federation captains can get a Fire Suppression Device that has unlimited charges, while other factions may only get the Emergency version from Undine Infiltration.
    • DON'T FEED THE PLANTS by order of Starfleet Botanical Command, Audrey Mk XLVII is a reference to Little Shop of Horrors. Apparently Audrey II wasn't the last...
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
    edited June 2015
    bendalek wrote: »
    Oooohhh ... Maybe we are actually living inside a giant Tribble! :eek: "All the worlds a Tribble"

David Gerrold would like to think so.
  • cookiecupcakescookiecupcakes Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    In the mission "Night of the Comet" you can purchase Nerve Tonic from the bartender for your own personal use after giving Cassidy her drink. Each version makes you do something different. The one in the wine bottle is my favorite, (but that particular one is for female toons only)!
    EEiLA7V.jpg
  • originalspockoriginalspock Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    In the mission "Night of the Comet" you can purchase Nerve Tonic from the bartender for your own personal use after giving Cassidy her drink. Each version makes you do something different. The one in the wine bottle is my favorite, (but that particular one is for female toons only)!

Does it involve making a sandwich?

....and that's when the fight started.

Ijk.