What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Well, that's unfortunate =/

Comments

• Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Lol at the people claiming Bluegeek is spouting TRIBBLE hate just by saying he does not wish to expose his children to it and that he disagrees with it.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,228 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    samt1996 wrote: »
    Interesting point, but if I can avoid lying to children I would personally. I don't like deception of any kind.

In any case a parent has a right to raise their kids however they see fit, the world can do the rest.

Well there might be an issue once that child encounters things at school that the parent didn't prepare them for. My parents never gave me the sex talk and by the time I was 8 I knew more than enough. there was no shielding me from it unless I was homeschooled there are just things in this world that your kids will encounter and they won't encounter it when You are ready for them to. There's about 75% of parental involvement in a kids development and 25% of the rest of the world. In fact the world probably takes a larger part than 25% for most kids.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Lol at the people claiming Bluegeek is spouting TRIBBLE hate just by saying he does not wish to expose his children to it and that he disagrees with it.

Agreed, total idiocy.
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Actually it was a pretty good analogy, if you refuse to talk with the lesbos you can't complete the mission or any subsequent missions. Therefore forcing you to associate with them.

Well you could just "skip" it or if you don't want to read the text just "skip" the Oh so smallest of small detail EVER and boom you can progress.
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    westx211 wrote: »
    Well there might be an issue once that child encounters things at school that the parent didn't prepare them for. My parents never gave me the sex talk and by the time I was 8 I knew more than enough. there was no shielding me from it unless I was homeschooled there are just things in this world that your kids will encounter and they won't encounter it when You are ready for them to. There's about 75% of parental involvement in a kids development and 25% of the rest of the world. In fact the world probably takes a larger part than 25% for most kids.

They'll figure it out somehow! 😂

In my experience parents generally do a pretty good job of preparing their kids for the world. But nothing is ever perfect... *shrug*
  • Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Well here we go again... My parents didn't tell me my aunt was a TRIBBLE until I was old enough to understand. They were right to do so.

/end

I grew up thinking I was weird and wrong for having different feeling than what was perceived to be normal for my gender because no one took the time to explain to me that i was different and it was okay to be different. I hid these facts about myself for most of my life because i was scared and afraid of being the next Mathew Sheppard. And this goes back as far as I can remember in my childhood. I could have really used some knowledge back then besides from the common "TRIBBLE going to hell" bit. If being a homosexual is an adult thing then just why have I been this way my whole entire life?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    Well you could just "skip" it or if you don't want to read the text just "skip" the Oh so smallest of small detail EVER and boom you can progress.

Technically yes, but that's like skipping an episode of a TV series. You miss a lot of important stuff. You know actually important story stuff, not an overstereotyped bull-TRIBBLE and her b*tch. :rolleyes:

Which was perhaps the most offensive LGBT portrayal I've ever witnessed.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    scarling wrote: »
    I grew up thinking I was weird and wrong for having different feeling than what was perceived to be normal for my gender because no one took the time to explain to me that i was different and it was okay to be different. I hid these facts about myself for most of my life because i was scared and afraid of being the next Mathew Sheppard. And this goes back as far as I can remember in my childhood. I could have really used some knowledge back then besides from the common "TRIBBLE going to hell" bit. If being a homosexual is an adult thing then just why have I been this way my whole entire life?

Your the exception to the rule. Some kids may need extra guidance, that's up to the parents to figure out.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Agreed, total idiocy.

It's funny, people scream "Intolerant!" at someone if they disagree with them politely, the same as if they said something offensive. They claim to be all about equality and tolerance for everyone, yet here we have intolerance and attacks occurring on those who disagree with a lifestyle. The Hypocrisy is no surprise.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Claiming that it is inappropriate for young people to be 'exposed' to LGBT people is TRIBBLE bashing. It's bashing gays by saying there is something wrong with them, something dirty or bad about them, something bad in a way that they are unfit to be around children.

It's old school "stay in the closet" bashing, and it has no place on a forum like this, its a sleazy way of insulting TRIBBLE people, including TRIBBLE young people.

It is completely indefensible. Utterly beyond the pale.

^Standard case right here. If he believes it is not appropriate for young children, that is his right. You can claim all your "Oh this is TRIBBLE bashing" nonsense all you want. Where's your tolerance now?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Claiming that it is inappropriate for young people to be 'exposed' to LGBT people is TRIBBLE bashing. It's bashing gays by saying there is something wrong with them, something dirty or bad about them, something bad in a way that they are unfit to be around children.

It's old school "stay in the closet" bashing, and it has no place on a forum like this, its a sleazy way of insulting TRIBBLE people, including TRIBBLE young people.

It is completely indefensible. Utterly beyond the pale.

What does beyond the pale mean?
  • Options
    synfoolasynfoola Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Never really felt the need for one of those many /facepalm meme's until reading this thread.

With as crappy as that overall story was, people are getting pent up on having their characters/their childrens characters "interact" with TRIBBLE klingons for all of 15 seconds?

You people probably get all Pre-K, "Ewww" when you see PDA's as well, huh?

Holy Fuggballz...
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    It's funny, people scream "Intolerant!" at someone if they disagree with them politely, the same as if they said something offensive. They claim to be all about equality and tolerance for everyone, yet here we have intolerance and attacks occurring on those who disagree with a lifestyle. The Hypocrisy is no surprise.

The irony of me being TRIBBLE and yet hating most other gays for that very reason... Of course it extends to all rights groups and then humanity in general. LOL
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I just saw this in the comments of that article. . . kinda makes sense to me. .

people will agree or disagree but this guy has a point about pushing for acceptance from all.

Cause like many many many years ago when black people had no equal rights many many people acted like you are now.

until people like myself pushed for a change most notably "Martin Luther King" this forced people to then move things forward into political and social environments to force people to accept change.

ring any bells.

you can not advocate for change without upsetting a few people who will not accept liability for their actions against said change.

being in your face about certain issues and pushing those issues out in the wider community and making people see will not bring about change.

so ok you don't like it but get used to this issue being brought up over and over in and around your daily life cause it's not going away and needs to be pushed into the faces of the narrow mined and uneducated to make people realise and learn that LGBT people deserve equality the same rights the hetrosexuals have had for decades.

_________

:-/
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    He has a right to believe any awful thing he wants, about TRIBBLE people, black people, jews, muslims, whatever.

But in the real world people have responsibilities as well as rights. He has a responsibility to conduct himself in a certain way as a condition of using the forums, and a further responsibility to conduct himself a certain way as part of his role here.

LGBT people have nothing to be ashamed of, they aren't in any way 'inappropriate,' bluegeek is wrong and he acted wrongly. An authority figure has no business saying things like that in a game that welcomes LGBT people, including LGBT young people.

The thing about indefensible things is that they can't be defended.

What's up with people thinking that anyone who does not support homosexuality is a black,jew, muslim hater lol?
    I sense much stereotyping.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    outside Any Kind Of Decency. Egregious, Indefensible.

Trendy is tired.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    The irony of me being TRIBBLE and yet hating most other gays for that very reason... Of course it extends to all rights groups and then humanity in general. LOL
    As a member of the LGBT community... Shut the hell up, Your an idiot.

I'm not really sure can can call yourself part of a community if you hate most of the members as you just said you hated most gays. Although I guess you could but it hurts your standing.
  • Options
    edited June 2015

And people like that is why the few good people of each subculture/group get attacked. Thanks to the extremists in every group.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    And people like that is why the few good people of each subculture/group get attacked. Thanks to the extremists in every group.

It surprised me how most groups do seem to have extremists in them.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I'm not really sure can can call yourself part of a community if you hate most of the members as you just said you hated most gays. Although I guess you could but it hurts your standing.

I suppose, but as the fellow below you pointed out it's mostly the extremists I hate.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Ok, I'm confused. Are you and Nabreeki just saying this stuff to be contrary as usual, or are you actually serious for a change? Because I've seen you both write some really dead on right stuff on this topic that I agree with 100%, and it's kinda scaring me a little.

Could you maybe toss in something obnoxious and nonsensical just so my world makes sense again? :P

Druk and Nabreeki are trolls. They act like players of the people on the forum. Take anything they say with a grain of salt.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    It surprised me how most groups do seem to have extremists in them.

It really shouldn't, extremism of some sort is human nature.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I finally got over my Klingon aversion to play the episode and...

It was badly written in so many different ways that the clumsy way the TRIBBLE couple was introduced (godawful thin characterization, undue attention to the fact that the mate is really super-aggressive) barely sticks out amongst all of the other things about the episode that were either badly written or illogical. And oh God the ground map on Dinassia...it burns my eyes.

Personally I came to the conclusion that STO was child-unfriendly a long time ago. A little time in zone chat, and observing some of the hypersexualized toons and the treatment of those with female toons, makes me uncomfortable with the idea of any son or daughter I might have seeing such behavior and thinking that's an okay way to treat people.

The thing here is, I don't think any of us know what conversations bluegeek has with his kids that none of us see. You assume he's some hate-filled, closed-minded Archie Bunker of an individual. Can you be so sure that he does not simply want to be the first one to introduce his children to LGBT concepts rather than hype-filled media on both sides? Also, how do you know how he treats his friends, his coworkers, and those around him? Or how he has dealt privately with individuals who are openly TRIBBLE? I have yet to see evidence of hate.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    It really shouldn't, extremism of some sort is human nature.

This. People are insane.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Druk and Nabreeki are trolls. They act like players of the people on the forum. Take anything they say with a grain of salt.

Seconded. Anything related to Dental should be burned out of existence.
This discussion has been closed.