test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

DEVS, pls do your jobs

acvoelckeracvoelcker Member Posts: 52 Arc User
For the love of God, please fix this TRIBBLE with constant crashing. I cant even log on my main and play the new content now, and I'm sure as hell not creating a new toon.

Now before anyone flames me, I've looked up about a dozen supposed fixes for this TRIBBLE, and none of them are working. I am not a F2P player, I'm a LTS, and I still throw money at this game constantly. I want to drop some money on the new pilot ships, but what's the point if I cant even log in to play around with them.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    christianmacchristianmac Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Entitlement....That is all.
    77TH FIGHTER SQUADRON
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Not this is a bug. The launcher is having problems. Easiest fix. stop using arc and start using Steam.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2015

I'm guessing you're not having this problem, or else you would not be saying this...
  • Options
    savnokasavnoka Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I am curious why some people (like myself) have experienced absolutely no crashes, and others are crashing all the time.

And it's not ARC, at least it can't be entirely ARC, as I've used that myself (with no crashes).

There needs to be a better way of determining the root causes of the crash.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm not having these problems, so I guess the devs "did their job" for me, but not for you? Weird.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited May 2015
    I once had this problem

A fleet member walked me thru how to delete my current launcher and add one he sent to me

that worked for me

A file in my launcher had been corrupted somehow
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I don't think it's my launcher. I'm able to log on to non-main toons, but I get lots of crashes on my main.

If it still might be the launcher, how do I go about this?
  • Options
    svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    They are doing there jobs, the art dept is creating art, the ship designers are designing ships, content designers are creating content, etc...
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    well, someone is not doing their job. Everything was fine until the last patch.
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Op I feel for you and your right to be frustrated. I personally have not experienced crashing or the inability to log on since last year, which was fixed when I installed ARC. I cannot offer you a solution to your problem, I wish I could. The only thing I can offer is the advice to set back, take a deep breath, and look at any postings here, reddit, etc on possible fixes, or you might be reading something and come across some information that sheds new light on something you haven't thought of.

I have one friend in game that was going nuts do to constant crashing, he blamed Cryptic for a week until he figured out he was to far from his wifi connection in his house, once he installed a wifi booster, his crashing stopped.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    hey, thanks. I don't think it's my wifi, because I recently upgraded my modem and router. And I'm not too far from it, I'm probably 12 feet away from it.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,520 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Unhelpful bug report top 10 list:

#1: It don't work! FIX IT NOW! RAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!

I hope the bug reports you are filing are better than the OP. You didn't make it clear that it was not the launcher and that it is tied to a specific character until you responded to other posts.

You can even see for yourself that it is not a universal problem since you say your other characters work properly.

I'd suggest trying a bug report and bug forum post where you give useful details without the flaming.

It took them awhile but they did finally seem to fix the loadout and AWOL boff issues. A major reason for the long wait was that the bugs were intermittent and could not be reproduced on command for a dev to step through.

"one character out of 10 crashes for one user out of 1,0000" doesn't sound like an easy bug to chase down either. Especially if the person experiences the bug files reports that just say "it don't work!"
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    cidjack wrote: »
    Op I feel for you and your right to be frustrated. I personally have not experienced crashing or the inability to log on since last year, which was fixed when I installed ARC. I cannot offer you a solution to your problem, I wish I could. The only thing I can offer is the advice to set back, take a deep breath, and look at any postings here, reddit, etc on possible fixes, or you might be reading something and come across some information that sheds new light on something you haven't thought of.

I have one friend in game that was going nuts do to constant crashing, he blamed Cryptic for a week until he figured out he was to far from his wifi connection in his house, once he installed a wifi booster, his crashing stopped.

Well wifi has a pretty big range. Usually a good 100ft. But then you have to take in to account the number of walls between you and it, and anything else thats solid enough cause a signla block. You also have to take in to account the number of devices using it. There is only so much bandwidth that a wifi router can handle.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Slightly off topic here OP but, what kind of rig [computer] you using to play with and, id it running a 32bit OS?
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,520 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Its on your end, game plays for me just fine with no crashes at all.

It could be his hardware. For example if anything is overclocked, he should set it back to stock speed.

It could be his OS is messed up. For example from downloading cracked games that included a free virus.

It could be a Cryptic bug, but one that seems to affect only one of his characters even though that wasn't mentioned initially. So the bug might affect only one character out of 1,000 or 10,000 where something in their database is corrupted for just that character. If his bug reports were just "do yer jerbs!" they'd have no way to figure that out.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

It isn't the issue but the fact that you felt the need to tell everyone that you are a whale with a LTS and deserve resolution.
    77TH FIGHTER SQUADRON
  • Options
    sovergeinsovergein Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Devs primary work is build every month new ships. Cryptic hungry cows need more money. Bugs and lags is not priority.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    sovergein wrote: »
    Devs primary work is build every month new ships. Cryptic hungry cows need more money. Bugs and lags is not priority.

That post was utterly useless........
    77TH FIGHTER SQUADRON
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    That post was utterly useless........

everyone, pls ignore this poster, obvious troll is obvious.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    acvoelcker wrote: »
    everyone, pls ignore this poster, obvious troll is obvious.

Actually... his post was not trolling. The post he was pointing out was more trolling/flame bait than his. He just pointed out that it wasn't constructive in this instance.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What makes you think they arent doing exactly what PWE wants them to do.

There are benefits to having people leave often...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Actually... his post was not trolling. The post he was pointing out was more trolling/flame bait than his. He just pointed out that it wasn't constructive in this instance.

Yep, People like to ignore the fact that cryptic has people who have IT degrees working on the problem and are rightfully having artists and ship desighners do their jobs.
    77TH FIGHTER SQUADRON
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    They ARE doing their jobs.

Of course, some are not particularly good at it... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    hypl wrote: »
    They ARE doing their jobs.

Of course, some are not particularly good at it... :rolleyes:

Reguardless, throwing out the fact that you spend money on the game and are a LTS does not make you that important honestly. Many of us are LTS but don't feel the need to throw it in cryptics face to make a point.
    77TH FIGHTER SQUADRON
  • Options
    olliereportolliereport Member Posts: 721
    edited May 2015

I think it's weird too that some people are crashing left and right, but wanting a fix doesn't make them any more entitled than you or I are

empathy man, get some. if you were born a forum-psychopath, I don't know, fake it

as for constant crashing, I don't know any of the details but

in any game, when you hear that from a sub-population, the first suspect is graphics hardware and/or drivers

I could be way off base, but like I said, that's the first suspect
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I hope the developers could do my job. I don't want to go to work tomorrow.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Yeah, someone who paid a hefty sum expecting a working product?

What a snob! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    savnoka wrote: »
    I am curious why some people (like myself) have experienced absolutely no crashes, and others are crashing all the time.

And it's not ARC, at least it can't be entirely ARC, as I've used that myself (with no crashes).

There needs to be a better way of determining the root causes of the crash.

well one thing I have learned, and is the most probable explanation, is that there is varying computer builds.. and what I mean by this is I have an amd based graphics card. I have found that there is a huge lack of support for radeon cards in cryptic in general. when I get crashed (which is quite frequent, I look up the code that pops up in the craptic crash log, and low and behold when I google it, I find tons of posts alluding to problems with radeon cards.

no I can assure u it is not the card, nor the drivers I have for the card, as I use my pc for gaming (in various other games without a single solitary problem), and I use it for work, and I run programs that are much more demanding than any game on the market, and it runs flawlessly, even in 3d both in games, and in rendering models.

that being said, it is no secret that cryptic prefers and supports nvidea builds, its plastered all over their website..

there is even some old posts from back before the first forums merger with devs commenting on this issue saying that radeon gets less attention than NVidia, and usually a promise that said problem would be resolved..

I for one have not been able to open the game in tridef to play in true 3d for some time, as sto, and only sto, has crashed everytime. and I play elite dangerous in 3d, which is a much much higher demand on any of my equipment, and I do not experience not one crash..

to me, it seems everytime they have major patches, it messes with this aspect..

now, as a disclaimer, I am not saying this is everyones problems, or that it is an answer to your question.. just putting food for thought out there as to why some peeps may be crashing..

but there is a plethora of sources in searches that point to this being one of many problems with cryptic games.. like I said, almost every crash I have suffered has come from bad codeing with my radion card.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    praxi5 wrote: »
    Yeah, someone who paid a hefty sum expecting a working product?

What a snob! :rolleyes:

Im a lifer who has thrown 4500 into this game. While im having lag and other annoying things happen but I don't see the need to throw that at them. I know that they are working on the problem cause I talk to them like they are people and get honest responses from them.

I support them and will continue to support them and have an understanding that MMOs don't always run smoothly and am willing to work with them on that.
    77TH FIGHTER SQUADRON
This discussion has been closed.