test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Step up your game Cryptic!!

floppytechiefloppytechie Member Posts: 136 Arc User
Literally!

https://disruptorbeam.com/blog/entry/timelines-starship-reveal-the-galor-cruiser

Even that game now has cardies.Hurry up with that Cardassian faction cryptic! :P
Proud owner of every ship with hangers ingame
Flagship - N.C.C.-99635-A U.S.S. Asterion

I support playable Typhoon class!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by floppytechie on

Comments

• Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,102 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    to hell with the spoon heads.

Undine!!!!!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    But the Cardassians aren't allowed to have their own military, and instead rely on Starfleet for military support.
    w8xekp.jpg
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    quintaris wrote: »
    But the Cardassians aren't allowed to have their own military, and instead rely on Starfleet for military support.

This. Cardassia in STO is more in line with Federation member worlds as in they are allowed to maintain a self-defense force to police their own space but they are not allowed to maintain a military. This is not the same situation as the RR - so unless Cryptic majorly rewrites the state of the now democratic Cardassia a Cardassian faction would be kind off awkwardly weird. Plus there's the whole lockbox debacle.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    This. Cardassia in STO is more in line with Federation member worlds as in they are allowed to maintain a self-defense force to police their own space but they are not allowed to maintain a military. This is not the same situation as the RR - so unless Cryptic majorly rewrites the state of the now democratic Cardassia a Cardassian faction would be kind off awkwardly weird. Plus there's the whole lockbox debacle.

As seen in Canon most races will eventually join the Federation, I think Cardassia will be next followed pretty closely by the Romulan Republic. At least that's how I'd do it if a new Star Trek series was created to take place during this time period. We know the Klingons will join within the next 100 years., and they'll probably be the hold-outs.
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Cryptic can change that story any time they want. Like if, for example, some really powerful ancient alien race were invading the galaxy and Starfleet decided to lift those restrictions because they needed all the help they could get. But hey, I'm sure something that crazy could never happen :o

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    samt1996 wrote: »
    (...) We know the Klingons will join within the next 100 years., and they'll probably be the hold-outs.

No we don't. We saw that this happened in one possible future which cannot take place since Archer changed everything. This rumour has to go away, not even speaking in-lore, the franchise could not support Klingons being assimilated into the UFP.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Well the US wrote the Japanese constitution after WWII and Article 9 says that Japan will never again maintain "land, sea, or air forces or other war potential". 1950 Japan established the the Japanese Defense Force and today despite Article 9 still being part of the constitution Japan has an Army, Navy and Air Force in anything but name.

Why can't the Cardassians do the same? ;)
  • Options
    sarosssaross Member Posts: 248 Media Corps
    edited May 2015
    If I recall, didn't they mention their desire to bring a faction of cardies to the table?

So, give time. They have a LOOONNNNGGG list of things to do between now and then.
    Need help with a mission to beat it? Visit http://pilotreviewshow.com to learn how we can help!

Top DPS 102k
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    No we don't. We saw that this happened in one possible future which cannot take place since Archer changed everything. This rumour has to go away, not even speaking in-lore, the franchise could not support Klingons being assimilated into the UFP.

There are billions of possible realities and you don't know all of them, when inter-galactic travel becomes a thing the races here will have to unite against whatever new threats emerge. It's just natural for that to happen. The KDF probably will join the UFP eventually but I doubt it will happen during a series. I doubt we'll see a series take place aboard a time ship either, but it's still part of lore. Your right, some things wouldn't make very good stories but that doesn't mean they don't happen. It's a huge universe out there.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    As seen in Canon most races will eventually join the Federation, I think Cardassia will be next followed pretty closely by the Romulan Republic. At least that's how I'd do it if a new Star Trek series was created to take place during this time period. We know the Klingons will join within the next 100 years., and they'll probably be the hold-outs.
    There are billions of possible realities and you don't know all of them, when inter-galactic travel becomes a thing the races here will have to unite against whatever new threats emerge. It's just natural for that to happen. The KDF probably will join the UFP eventually but I doubt it will happen during a series. I doubt we'll see a series take place aboard a time ship either, but it's still part of lore. Your right, some things wouldn't make very good stories but that doesn't mean they don't happen. It's a huge universe out there.

Guys, guys(or gals?); this thread is not about the KDF joining the Federation, so please create a new thread in Ten Forward if you want to have that discussion. Second, what was shown in Enterprise was only a *possible* future, meaning there is NO canon stating it *has* to happen. Therefore, whether it would actually happen or not is only a matter of opinion, and neither of your opinions are more right or wrong than the other. So until canon definitively shows it actually happening, there is no way to prove your point either way.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Cryptic can change that story any time they want. Like if, for example, some really powerful ancient alien race were invading the galaxy and Starfleet decided to lift those restrictions because they needed all the help they could get. But hey, I'm sure something that crazy could never happen :o

Ah yes, "Iconians", the immortal demons of air and darkness allegedly waiting in subspace.

We have dismissed that claim.
    w8xekp.jpg
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Yeah, never gotten why so many people treat that single line as such a 'fact'.

I don't think it's a case of the franchise not supporting Klingons in the UFP. I think it's more that FANS couldn't handle Klingons being in the UFP.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    mimey2 wrote: »
    Yeah, never gotten why so many people treat that single line as such a 'fact'.

I don't think it's a case of the franchise not supporting Klingons in the UFP. I think it's more that FANS couldn't handle Klingons being in the UFP.

This ^^

Ten chars
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There are plenty of cardassians in the game.

I am even scared by all the shovels they bring to the fight.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015

In Cryptic's canon Heralds come from Andromeda galaxy. Intergalactic travel is a thing in this game.
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • Options
    voivodjevoivodje Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ignore all but fixing KDF/Rom/Borg.

These should have priority.
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    szim wrote: »
    Well the US wrote the Japanese constitution after WWII and Article 9 says that Japan will never again maintain "land, sea, or air forces or other war potential". 1950 Japan established the the Japanese Defense Force and today despite Article 9 still being part of the constitution Japan has an Army, Navy and Air Force in anything but name.

Speaking of the JDF. In the last month, the US has assisted with provisions in the Japanesse constitution to permit the JDF to take part in actions to support its citizenry and alies outside of Japans territory.

As far as a Cardie' faction, do we really need another phoned in faction?
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Just for giggles, I will point out the first season TNG episode, with the three Klingon "mercenariess" , which the D7/K'Tinga showed up and had the Federation insignia in the background of the bridge. :)
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I really do not believe anything Timelines does has STO shaking in its boots. My Tablet is excited, though. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Just for giggles, I will point out the first season TNG episode, with the three Klingon "mercenariess" , which the D7/K'Tinga showed up and had the Federation insignia in the background of the bridge. :)

Seriously? I never caught that :D
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • Options
    hausofmartokhausofmartok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It's hilarious that you guys turned this into a canon nerd debate thread completely de-railing it. Did anyone go to the link and watch the vid???
    Too bad they don't have actual mods that moderate the forums here full time. In other MMO forums, posting a off-topic post gets you a warning and the post gets removed...
  • Options
    jermbotjermbot Member Posts: 801 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    szim wrote: »

Because that would require the Cardassians do something deceitful and Cardassians have never been depicted as deceitful.....

Is the sarcasm thick enough... wait, I got it...

Especially not the honorable, heroic Cardassians like DS:9's Garek that Cardassians fan would want to play.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Seriously? I never caught that :D
    BEHOLD!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It doesn't have lights missing, unlike the sto one. :D
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    In case no one has seen the actual "game play" aspects of Timelines: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-DjKK1OBmk
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yeah, I got jazzed about this game until I watched the producer guy do the demo. I'll still give it a try but it's really just another phone game.

The Star Trek Alien Domain game is an amusing waste of time also, but it's more like a Travian game.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    nice video, pity the games trash.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It's hilarious that you guys turned this into a canon nerd debate thread completely de-railing it. Did anyone go to the link and watch the vid???
    Too bad they don't have actual mods that moderate the forums here full time. In other MMO forums, posting a off-topic post gets you a warning and the post gets removed...
    It was the derailed the moment another game that isn't Cryptic or PWE property was mentioned, which is technically a no-no.

Though the forums are only moderated if it straight up goes into flaming, trolling, or insulting of another poster or developer.

Otherwise, it's left to fester and rot and build up as much toxicity as permitted, exploding with something new is released, then allowed to cooldown and start again. So the Risian event will be the next major explosion.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    It was the derailed the moment another game that isn't Cryptic or PWE property was mentioned, which is technically a no-no.

Not exactly. It's fine to say "X game has this cool feature, do you think this could work in STO?". What's not OK is to say "hey peeps, come check out this other cool game", or "this other game is way better than STO". The OP's point is he wants Cardassians in STO, which is fine. That said, linking to their website is basically advertising for them, so he really shouldn't have done that.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited May 2015

And every single one of the KDF players will leave the game never to return. Then next in line will be the Romulans. Then which ever other faction they release after that. But then you can always count on the federation to try an assimilate others in to the UFP, so they can ignore them equally. Hmm sounds a lot like the Borg doesn't it?
    Mm5NeXy.gif