test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance [April 30, 2015]

yetweallfalldownyetweallfalldown Member Posts: 13 Administrator
UPDATE 9:59 am PDT: Maintenance has now completed. Welcome back to Star Trek Online!

UPDATE 9:22 am PDT: We will be extending maintenance for one hour to work through final issues. New ETA on servers going up is 10:30 am PDT.

UPDATE 8:44 am PDT: The original estimate on maintenance was reported incorrectly. Maintenance should be completed by 9:30 am PDT.

UPDATE 7:04 am PDT: Maintenance has now begun. Expected downtime is two hours. We'll post an update on this thread when maintenance has completed.

Greetings Captains!

We will be performing our weekly maintenance tomorrow as well as apply an updated patch at 7AM Pacific. Downtime is estimated is 2 hours, and patch notes can be found here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9220133-release-notes%3A-april-30%2C-2015

When is that in your timezone? Find out here: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20150430T07&p1=224

Thanks for your patience and understanding!

=/\=

We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following links to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.

Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.

Having Graphical issues or problems with your Sound quality? Please click this link to be taken to our Graphical and Sound Issues Section to file your reports.

Is your PC or Mac struggling with STO? Please click this link to be taken to our PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues Section to file your reports.

Thank you for the assistance!

The Star Trek Online Team
Communications Manager - Perfect World Entertainment
| Support | [YouTube |
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    random909random909 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hello new Dev person, I do believe you forgot to turn on your gold name tag. :D:P:D:P
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Glad to see these fixes. This is another reason why I wait until playing the new FEs, so the bugs are sorted out. Plus I'm not ready for them yet. Since I'm not that far into the story yet.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    robyvisionrobyvision Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    KDF players do not appear in the scoreboard at the end of a PVP match.

So they still consider this to be a problem for fixing. :P
  • Options
    yetweallfalldownyetweallfalldown Member Posts: 13 Administrator
    edited April 2015
    random909 wrote: »
    Hello new Dev person, I do believe you forgot to turn on your gold name tag. :D:P:D:P

I'm not super fancy yet! Just filling in for Trendy for the moment.
    Communications Manager - Perfect World Entertainment
    | Support | [YouTube |
  • Options
    icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Then you need a silver name and the title "Emergency Trendy Replacement Hologram." :p In all seriousness, welcome aboard. Booze is in Ten Forward, boos are in General Discussion. :p
  • Options
    gavriil1983gavriil1983 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2015

I hope she feels better soon. I tweeted her about it and all, but it's good to mention on the forums too.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So they ARE fixing the item problem tomorrow! Excellent news for anyone affected by it, previous notes made it sound like it wouldn't make it in this week, glad it will.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The two bugs I was concerned about are being fixed, I lift a beer in salute to the bug squashing department!
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    In addition to forgetting about the gold badge, they also forgot to fix Fluid Dynamics not having a start point for KDF players.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lindaleff wrote: »
    In addition to forgetting about the gold badge, they also forgot to fix Fluid Dynamics not having a start point for KDF players.
    “Fluid Dynamics”
    • Resolved an issue which was causing KDF Captains to not be able to enter this episode.
    • Resolved an issue where allies would sometimes not help the players.
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    jackmorgan1149jackmorgan1149 Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    KDF Tholian Orb Weaver tier 5u captains are at 6 months without sensor analysis. Six months to leave a broken lockbox ship unrepaired. Disappointed we're still waiting.
  • Options
    rikwesselsrikwessels Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    again absent in the known issues is the vast amount of crashes folks are experiencing ( the fact the episode mission "out in the cold " on the Deferi map is unplayable for most players, for example ) .

But has to be said : lots of issues finally get resolved with this particular patch .Deferi map fix - and directx errors in general - for next patch I hope ...
  • Options
    fudgemonkfudgemonk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Let's hope u fixed the lag and fps drop. I'm about to give up on sto.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Our fleet experience with this is that it's caaused by Radeon cards and DX11. To get around it start the game from the launcher in safe mode and then when in game switch to DX9, the problem seems to be solved for the moment.

apparently you haven't been reading all the threads about this then .

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1437261

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1438181

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1441851

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1444991
  • Options
    huskerklghuskerklg Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Sigh, still nothing on some characters causing crash to desktop while others not for hours on end every day.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Hey, just trying to help m8, it worked for several of our fleet members, I don't have the issue and so have not been following it that closely, but hey, you're welcome!

no, but what it shows is that it's too widely spread to be attributable to folks' setup ( both Nvidia and AMD cards experiencing the same thing ,old and new PC's etc) . Also : the fact this stuff only started happening after S10 update ( and prepatching ) means something has gone awry ...

And for all the folks in the threads I mentioned the "set to directx9ex in launcher and start in windowed mode " is already known and tested and didn't work .
  • Options
    johnniemesojohnniemeso Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    the "Delta Rising" and "Iconian War" splash screen has been crashing me with directx error since delta crashing. Direct3d fatal error DXGI fatal error etc

please if you aren't going to fix splash screen, allow us an option to bypass the splash screen or have a blank splash screen
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    You mean it didn't work for you, or some people you have discussed this with, it clearly did work for some others. As is common with GPU driver issues the failures can be very complex with so many different systems accessing the game using different drivers with different settings including OC, and different versions of DX. It's a wonder to me that it ever works at all.

Yes clearly something in the last patch seems to have sent a bad call in DX, it may be that DX 9 doesn't have access to that proc in which case it's not affecting DX9. It could be something that only Nvidia cards support but has been called to all cards without proper interrogation. I have a sneaky suspicion that the FPS lag introduced which is being fixed may have something to do with this, we will find out after the patch today.

never seen so much BS in one place . You should check how many foks are experiencing directx errors and client crashes since S 10 update ( the bugs and technical forums are full of threads about it ) . In a post above you someone stated it had to do with AMD cards at which point I poited out all makes and types of GPU's are affected .It's abndantly clear the bad calls are in STO's code as well... else folks would be experiencing the same issues across a wide variety of games ( or other software ) . I suggest you read some of these threads before replying

and BTW : we won't be finding out "after today's patch "because it isn't addressed in it ( no mention at all about the directx errors )
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    OMG OMG.... they fixed the missing bank itme issue!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

HURRAY!!!! :D
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    30 Minute CD to Borg Red Alerts? Kinda scratching my head on that one...

Kinda seems like another Nerf to XP.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    bastardo88bastardo88 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    30 Minute CD to Borg Red Alerts? Kinda scratching my head on that one...

Kinda seems like another Nerf to XP.

It is a nerf these ****ing *******s are taking everything that's good to level with and squashing it. But it's okay these ****tards are suffering after all they had to lay off people and will have to more since they keep pissing every paying player off. Keep making people mindlessly grind you stupid ****s. This company is run by total ******* LOL!
  • Options
    bastardo88bastardo88 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Today's patch says: "Resolved an issue that should make an improvement to the lag and drop in FPS some players are experiencing."

Seriously how many times in the past 5 years has "lag fixes" been in this game's patch notes? You people are diluted this game keeps stringing you along.
  • Options
    philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited April 2015
    icegavel wrote: »
    Booze is in Ten Forward, boos are in General Discussion.

Good one. That should be a tagline for moderators and managers at *all* MMORPGs, not just here at STO.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,321 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rifter1969 wrote: »

I like the return of the foundry myself.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    rickdankorickdanko Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rifter1969 wrote: »

Yeah, I saw that in the release notes. Call me a doubting Thomas, but I'll believe it when I see it. Hopefully it actually IS fixed with this patch.
    They're not really gone, as long as we remember them
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • Options
    p4hajujup4hajuju Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hopefully that Trendy-person will be back soon.

And New Patch! Joy!
    Mostly because nothing I like got nerfed, there's always those stealth nerfs.
    Galavant!
    "Use Temporal Skills to NERF EVERYTHING before it happened!" -Unknown source.