Options

Memories of times past

13»

Comments

• Options
    devorasxdevorasx Member Posts: 693
    edited April 2015
    edalgo wrote: »
    Before you finish editing just know I was agreeing with you about a rollback and bringing ALL the PvP fleets.

And my statement about people and fleets using broken mechanics to win wasn't aimed at TSI but really everyone that did...however once those things were discovered they should have been fixed...they rarely were.

Noted and because Cryptic only cares for the $$$$.

extra: Holy TRIBBLE I hate this "you cannot post for the next 2 min." nonesense :mad:
    Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
  • Options
    devorasxdevorasx Member Posts: 693
    edited April 2015
    I wasn't blaming you and your broken FAW team actually but rather the Devs for not fixing issues quickly before flame wars started. Had the Devs fixed things within a reasonable amount of time then I bet most would still be here.

I suppose, but then again this game has lost it's way. But funny though how fast they fixed the PSW chains when we were using that as crazy, but not the SNB+VM combo. Hmm...

Oh well....
    Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
  • Options
    the4monkeysthe4monkeys Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Other pandas was better, but you monkeys never respected other pvprs, all time you made fun or insulted your oponents.

It sounded like you are upset with me, perhaps I upset you, the provoking we do encouraged the players to get better and become wiser to new tactics, it was done on all sides. honestly man if I saw any of you in real life, I'd drink a pint with you in the local pub/bar etc. I don't hold grudges, talk about the fun times.

I think the trouble is with this game there is sooo much history we have all forgotten why were here, that is to enjoy and have fun. The games irretrievable the player base is gone, it is time for attitudes to change and try to reduce further disruption to the community.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vonednavonedna Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It sounded like you are upset with me, perhaps I upset you, the provoking we do encouraged the players to get better and become wiser to new tactics, it was done on all sides. honestly man if I saw any of you in real life, I'd drink a pint with you in the local pub/bar etc. I don't hold grudges, talk about the fun times.

I think the trouble is with this game there is sooo much history we have all forgotten why were here, that is to enjoy and have fun. The games irretrievable the player base is gone, it is time for attitudes to change and try to reduce further disruption to the community.

I'd put laxatives in his drink for lols
  • Options
    giohaxgiohax Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    PvP... Damn those good moments. Some of my best matches were, first of all a Lag Industries (Me, X, Lou, Ric, a pug) vs 58th, won 15-13 after more than one hour of fighting. Best match ever, people still ask me for a rematch XD
    Second best was a OPVP premade with me, Horjen, Kripto and *can't remember* against 4man CSI team and Deo'Ka on his Wells.
    I crashed near the end, we won around 15-6, still great match and very balanced teams. Great players on both sides ofc.
    Damn, getting into memory lane is more painful than I thought.
    Another one was opvp pugmade, me Saxfire, the other Sax, can't remember who else. We Q up, pandas on other side.
    15-14 for them, then another 15-14, 3rd Time we don't let them switch gear in mid-match and we smash them 15-6. Another great team, they pushed us to the limit, we reacted, we lost and we adapted.

Greatest match in my life tho? VPvP. Especially this 3v3
    Arys@Giotariz, Lady Hack@Generalzodd001 and Neo@captainomega
    VS
    2x CSI and Hilbert.

The one in my side was still the un-beatable VPvP team, damn the good times.

Won by a Arys Strike at 15-14, good times.
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hey gio, and do you remember this vanilla one? You and me vs the evuls damian and chronos. Result: 15-15 :D:eek:
    http://m.imgur.com/TATBzXt
    I also remember an epic 1v1 had with damian, always vanilla, what an epic match gentlemen!!!
    http://m.imgur.com/fUmz2qO
    Good times people, good times :)
  • Options
    drunkadmiraldrunkadmiral Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    nandospc wrote: »
    Hey gio, and do you remember this vanilla one? You and me vs the evuls damian and chronos. Result: 15-15 :D:eek:

I remember :) it would be great if cryptic would do a vpvp rules queue, it will make me return to sto
    :rolleyes:
  • Options
    giohaxgiohax Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    nandospc wrote: »
    I also remember an epic 1v1 had with damian, always vanilla, what an epic match gentlemen!!!
    http://m.imgur.com/fUmz2qO
    Good times people, good times :)

Ouch i forgot bout that match... Great times the VPvP times. Many things happened since that unfortunately :(

btw **** the devs
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yep my memories of this game are the ones that had momentum to carry this game forward but then fizzled out too soon. LOL They wonder why ppl do doom threads and memories and stuff like that when the game feels like a ghost town.
  • Options
    orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Oh man, I remember the old days. STO PvP was never perfect, don't get me wrong, but that sweet spot just after they fixed VM+SNB was probably the best PvP there was at max level.

And it was actually fun!
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • Options
    dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    But it's time to take him out back to the shed and do what needs to be done...

Yeah, lets take this game out into the dark and burn it alive. Let's sacrifice it to the one true god because STOs future is dark and full of errors.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120821204906/gameofthrones/images/0/0d/The_night_is_dark_and_full_of_terrors.jpg
  • Options
    dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yea no I'm saying let's get another dog...I'm guessing you never saw Old Yeller.

ST Excalibur looks so sexy...can't wait til it's released.

Actually, I have a new dog. He's called Counter Strike: Global Offensive.

It's a completely different genre but I'm having a lot of fun over there...where matchmaking, competetive gameplay, balance fixed and new content aren't just meaningless words to the devs.

Still, I'm missing STO PvP and I'm even thinking about getting myself into the upcoming and free source engine 2 to create a STO PvP inspired game. But, well, I guess that'll be to much work for a single person unless we can find enough people around here willing to help.