test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Memories of times past

driveclubfandriveclubfan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2015 in PvP Gameplay
One year ago it was happening this.

I miss the good old nights I had PvPing with the guys in OPVP, screaming and laughing on TS, setting ESD on fire and, most importantly, having fun.

Or this where the only thing that didn't get stomped was my Excelsior.

Or this.

Now it's all gone. :(
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    devorasxdevorasx Member Posts: 693
    edited April 2015
    Thoooose weeeere theeee daaaays my friend, I hope they never end....
    Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
  • Options
    sharxtremesharxtreme Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    One year ago it was happening this.

I miss the good old nights I had PvPing with the guys in OPVP, screaming and laughing on TS, setting ESD on fire and, most importantly, having fun.

Or this where the only thing that didn't get stomped was my Excelsior.

Or this.

Now it's all gone. :(

Those 10v10s and 5v5s we organized on OPvP. That short crossover from s8.5 to s9 was best, most massive and most varied STO PvP ever had.
    It lasted all the way until R&D bullsht revamp and then I stopped playing until DR disaster.

Back then I could just switch to one of my 6 toons and i was ready to PvP in second.
    Sadly it will never happen again. Glad i captured and uploaded some of those games.

This 10v10 was also great.
    and this full randomSCI tanks vs Romulans PUG with famous names on both sides.

And of course OPvPs Klingons vs Feds OPvP 10v10 best of 3

For me all fun ended here though, week before Delta Rising 4 games compilation with partial OPvP made vs Pugs.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhr1jeCXXx0

Some new people will maybe have fun with PvP again if they don't take it down completely. Me, I can't even bring myself to double click the launcher anymore.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I know how that feels. DR was the worst thing that ever happened, along with T6 ships and ridiculously high upgrade prices. I barely log in anymore as well, no point in doing ISA for the millionth time or sick boring patrols. All you do serves nothing but help you kill NPCs faster.

After bran left it went downhill. I spoke with him ingame some weeks ago during bugship promo... Damned old memories of Ker'rat nights where we'd have 20 freaking instances during the Avenger launch. he says "you guys [PvPers] are awesome!", I wish he'd still be our CM.

I think I'll just go back and toy around in Watch Dogs, or raking up kilometers made in Ferraris in Driveclub to unlock the LaFerrari.

I guess I'm going to log in again uh... With S10. Spend a few mins in sector space, do the mission and shut it down again. They can keep their T6 gimmicks, I don't want to target hitpoint bags, nor I'm going to need an overpriced ship to do that.

They took the fun we had one year ago, all the balanced mechanic that yielded to epic matches without silly stuns or I win clickies and killed it. :/
  • Options
    the4monkeysthe4monkeys Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Random 10v10's were best, the game went dire before a year back though! season 6 was when things were interesting after season 4 but after that ..... RIP PVP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sharxtremesharxtreme Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Random 10v10's were best, the game went dire before a year back though! season 6 was when things were interesting after season 4 but after that ..... RIP PVP

Well season 5-6 had tric and TBR hax so it wasn't as good as s8-9 for me.
    but all troughout game had pvpers in it before inglorious death.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

S8 and S9 were great for PvP, there was so much variety and so many players back then. Now everything's more totaled than a Ferrari having a head-on collision with a wall of solid marble at 350km/h.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    edalgo wrote: »
    S8 and 9 it was still based on skill and teamwork not just overly OP gear rulez all.

Yes there was alot of of cheese but it was still equal footing for both teams to employ.

Unfortunately Active Premades were already on the decline by this point...but we still managed to have some epic matches with Hobos, IC, Pandas, Division Hispana, TOS Veterans, Nova Core, and a few others (sry I can't name they all right now)

I remember a random 5v5, 58. gesh... Wader...? (Dunno how to say it lol) on the other side and Lag Industries on my side. The match was epic, a glorious battle that lasted for too much time: we won 15-14 :D

...now if you get to start a match you will unlock a trophy.
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Doom! Doom! Doomy Doom Doom Doom! :D
    I need a beer.

• Options
    tmghost999tmghost999 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I remember a random 5v5, 58. gesh... Wader...? (Dunno how to say it lol) on the other side and Lag Industries on my side. The match was epic, a glorious battle that lasted for too much time: we won 15-14 :D

...now if you get to start a match you will unlock a trophy.

Damn.... i miss those times :(
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    tmghost999 wrote: »
    Damn.... i miss those times :(

Me too pal :(
  • Options
    vonednavonedna Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    [bs]Well Im sure pve is just as much fun lol [/bs]
  • Options
    teuteburgteuteburg Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I also miss those times :(

Without PvP it's the same grind everyday....

and obviously to grind faster (not to PvP anymore)

Greetz Siegfried
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jjdezjjdez Member Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    God, I can't even remember the last time I used cannons and had to actually pilot a ship while working/coordinating with other human beings (go Vipers!). I miss PvP in STO so very much.
  • Options
    torgaddon101torgaddon101 Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    outstanding...

oh yes what is it they dislike PvP...?

here is an even older 1..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYIzFY_o0G4

so miss the pvp bash's..:(

remember I was new to Sto (& fraps).

but all good fun.

nice vid dude.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Doom! Doom! Doomy Doom Doom Doom! :D

Yep, there have been the 2015 threads.
    Just like there were the 2014 threads.
    Just like there were the 2013 threads.
    Just like there were the 2012 threads.
    Just like there were the 2011 threads.
    Might even be some 2016 threads...doubt there will be any 2017 threads.

Each time...folks left. Folks decided not to start. Some folks moved up into the vacuum with their new toys. They drove out other folks. They soured the experience for anybody thinking to give it a try. Then they left at some point. Each time, fewer and fewer folks.

It's about the only thing in the game that actually qualifies as being doomed...

...well, unless it's one of the folks complaining about the Exploration Clusters. ;)
  • Options
    alejogalejog Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    beameddown wrote: »
    agu is a hell of a healer with ninja like reflexes:)

one match that sticks out in my mind that was insane fun, cause it came down to the wire, was that time we took that 5 man team of faw boats vs hobo's vapers led by zelda:) that match was fast, fast, fast LOL

there would be moments of just dead silence... you could have heard a pin drop on the t.s. LOL and then,

someone would hear the first decloak sound and then everyone was screaming on the t.s.

last seconds of the match was 14-14 and BOOM we got the win right there at the end, and honestly that match could have went either way, zeldas crew of vapers were soooo dialed in

I do also recall that was the last time we ever faced a full team of vapers from hobos, after that they started with the sci gas- grav- nuke- solo vape tactics (brilliant, really solid) that would just decimate us no matter what ships we brought LOL

or it was the 3 sci tank ships cross healing while 2 vapers chiped away at the kills to the score of 15 (yet another really great tactic on the hobos part)

over all, I have always been very proud of our losses almost more so then our wins, cause it was always the losses that pulled us tighter together, got us to re-evaluate the builds, and pushed us to comeback and get that win for the next time:)

but ya, if you got the video for that hobos vs us all in cruiser match that was 15-14, man, I would be so thrilled to watch that again:)

You called? lol

Man I miss those games, as much as I use to scream at everybody they sure were a hell of a lot of fun. Now it's just smacking spacebar and I don't really find that to be challenging or require as much thought or on the fly adjusting of strategies as pvp did.

Those 14-15 matches were the best, even though some times there was some major stress.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]-32nd Vipers- PvP Team

Nothing is impossible to him who would try.... except getting cryptic to care about pvp.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    What do you expect patrick from a company that is able to release a set of fleet ships, and manage to break one's visuals to the point that they lose texture resolution?

It's not just PvP, it's the whole dev team that can't get one right!

Plus they broke their own episode.
    Broke account bank, bank and inventory.
    Can't do something with their crappy ISP to address the lag.
    Have the lead dev insulting a portion of the community.
    Have the systems designer say we produce only anger.
    Turbonerf everything they can find like Voth Battlezone and XP gain.
    Exponentially increase the grind.
    Can't fix the PvP scoreboard bug after HALF a YEAR
    Can't fix Presidio nacelles.

This game is worse than a malware!