What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Server

Comments

• Options
    drakomagidrakomagi Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same here. I've had more fun on a roller coaster than with all the ups and downs the server's had.
  • Options
    stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Now got severe rubberbanding problems.
  • Options
    supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Trendy whilst you're popping in and out of here some feedback on the Open/Battle zones when using transporters or completing missions on Kobali to give to the Dev's

Any chance of an option to turn off the Select your away team pop up. This is new with S10 and is bit of a nuisance esp in Voth BZ.

Thanks
  • Options
    ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    stararmy wrote: »
    I was back in game for a while and just now they crashed again. It's frustrating.

Same here. Was in for a bit, went into the c'Hos Nebula to test a ship build, and the rubber banding and disconnects were so bad I couldn't even finish off 6 squadrons of Cardies.

Looks like we'll be searching for other entertainment for a while. :(

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    We're looking into the possibility of a DDoS affecting our network connections. We'll update as we have more information.
  • Options
    crowley875crowley875 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Up down up down, disconnect/ lag/ Disconnect...Maybe invest in better servers, fund it with more layoffs :/

Oh and how about not connecting all your games to the same server >.> you know that way when you're having issues like this you might actually have one playable game still running...

This a thousand times. Every time it's the same damned song and dance. Server not responding, disconnect, lag across the timeline. I mean, it's just ridiculous on how many times this game has problems. And Cryptic is like, "Oooh we are aware of the problem and we're going to sort it out and fix it." But hey, the problem is right here:
    Oh and how about not connecting all your games to the same server >.>

Along with that joke of a provider called Cogent.

Wake up!:mad:
  • Options
    unsacredgraveunsacredgrave Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    We're looking into the possibility of a DDoS affecting our network connections. We'll update as we have more information.

that DDoS is your customers trying to connect and play the game.....
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    that DDoS is your customers trying to connect and play the game.....
    No. That's definitely not what just hit the servers.
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited April 2015

What's a "DDoS?"
  • Options
    ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Might actually be bigger than you think.

Just tried to run a Google search, and the screen stayed blank. Yet, I could run the same search in Bing.

"The Microsoft Empire has returned!"

;)

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Iconian Probe Virus. Trying to prevent people from fighting in the Iconian War by denying them access to the game.

Brilliant move, I'd say.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Might actually be bigger than you think.

Just tried to run a Google search, and the screen stayed blank. Yet, I could run the same search in Bing.

"The Microsoft Empire has returned!"

;)
    Yeah. Same issue with Google.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    gavriil1983gavriil1983 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What's a "DDoS?"

ditributed denial of service= ddos.
    AKA some people flooding the servers with garbage requests so other people can't log in. they did it to blizz a while back.
  • Options
    xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Yeah. Same issue with Google.

Hmm, no issues here.

EDIT:

Frankly, seems just like any other day in STO. Except that usually I can get through episodes without too much trouble.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ditributed denial of service= ddos.
    AKA some people flooding the servers with garbage requests so other people can't log in. they did it to blizz a while back.

They're usually bots, not physical people. It's generally how their net ops can discern between people logging in and bots trying to clog up the internet machine.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What's a "DDoS?"

Distributed Denial of Service. It's where a hacker aggressively tries to access a site multiple times at once (typically in the thousands) in an effort to jam up a system's access points.
  • Options
    unsacredgraveunsacredgrave Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited April 2015
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Distributed Denial of Service. It's where a hacker aggressively tries to access a site multiple times at once (typically in the thousands) in an effort to jam up a system's access points.

Hacking should be considered a Capital Crime.
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Cybercrimes are odd things, sometimes. They can be hard to track, often originate from places that don't have the appropriate extradition treaties in place, and often require multiple law enforcement agencies working together to get anything done.
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited April 2015
    I just did a successful log on to STO...

Not sure if issue is resolved. But I am currently in game.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Cybercrimes are odd things, sometimes. They can be hard to track, often originate from places that don't have the appropriate extradition treaties in place, and often require multiple law enforcement agencies working together to get anything done.

I suggest a low yield tactical nuclear launch to the indicated area.

The remaining populous will police their own after that.
  • Options
    therealmttherealmt Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What's a "DDoS?"

Denial of service attack.

Also known as; Someone bombarding the servers on a specific port with a specific protocol that most likely acknowledges the requests, thus the connection/server gets overloaded and lagging the actual game out.

I guess this is why i was lagging badly earlier today despite changing proxies etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ah DDOS, the online equivalent of a pouting 11-year-old with a can of spraypaint. I do look forward to the day when someone develops cyberpunk-style IC.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Due to the nature of the situation, while Holodeck is now available, our teams will be heavily monitoring it, Captains.
  • Options
    willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Joking? There are actually many good Hackers wo publish things like illegal activities Governments, Military or Companies try to hide
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,323 Arc User
    edited April 2015

This must really be the best expansion ever if people value it enough to throw a DDoS at it.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Honestly? Who would want to DDoS Cryptic or PWE? lol
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Joking? There are actually many good Hackers wo publish things like illegal activities Governments, Military or Companies try to hide

Or securing a company's network from hackers or working FOR the Government.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am in the hospital, on Srs Painkillers and now this? A DDoS attack? What. :eek:

Can I not suffer catastrophic lower-GI injuries and require life-saving surgery JUST ONE TIME without the game going down the gosh-darn tubes?! YOU HAD ONE JOB. ONE. :mad:

Anyway back to my painkiller induced state of fa-la-la. Get things moving again or I will come back on here with graphic ZOMG-TMI level stories of my condition with actual probe-cam photos and graphic MRI scans. :mad:

:D
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    themarie wrote: »
    ...actual probe-cam photos...
    Whole new meaning attributed to your sig pic...
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock