What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 10 Coming April 21st!

Comments

• thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    darkdazmad wrote: »
    i was talking about the 20 hour ones lol lol

Yeah so was I ... you don't have to watch them for 20h, though ... they only take ~15s to start ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • djmarr1964djmarr1964 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hi does any1 know when maintence will begin 2morrow as i live in britian and i just wanna be able to plan my day around the server down time
    The True King In The North
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    djmarr1964 wrote: »
    hi does any1 know when maintence will begin 2morrow as i live in britian and i just wanna be able to plan my day around the server down time

Not yet ... but probably 14:00 UTC - anything from 16:00 to 22:00 UTC ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,464 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    questerius wrote: »
    Maybe ii have missed it, but has there been a mention at what time the maintenance starts?
    I'd like to know if i can get some playtime in that day.
    sharpie65 wrote: »
    If it's anything like the regular seasonal update, my guess is at 1430 GMT/0700 Pacific Time for about 4 hours, +2 if it's a bad day.
    djmarr1964 wrote: »

You rang? /10char
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • stohenrikstohenrik Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    if you think rubberbanding and logouts were bad last 30 days, you're about to find out what bad really means in few hours when the server comes back online.
    Well you're a genuine optimist....

Shouldn't that have been "if the server comes back online"?!? :P
  • elliesspb1elliesspb1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    And not a single word about the removal of lags... :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,151 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    elliesspb1 wrote: »
    And not a single word about the removal of lags... :cool:

of course not... the lag wont show it yet.
    zx2t8tuj4i10.png
    Thank you for the Typhoon!
  • transphasedtransphased Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Are people seriously still asking when is Season 10 coming? Do you people know what Google is? Do you know how to read? Do you even take time to read the Articles posted on the site for the latest happenings? If you did, you would not need to ask such stupid questions.

For those of you who feel like being stupid is the way to go in life, let me educate you.

TODAY season 10 begins. Capiche?

*facepalm*
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,443 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Are people seriously still asking when is Season 10 coming? Do you people know what Google is? Do you know how to read? Do you even take time to read the Articles posted on the site for the latest happenings? If you did, you would not need to ask such stupid questions.

For those of you who feel like being stupid is the way to go in life, let me educate you.

TODAY season 10 begins. Capiche?

*facepalm*
    So when does Season 10 start?

:P
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    So when does Season 10 start?

:P

I think it might be next week. It's definitely, most certainly not today. There's just no way!
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • transphasedtransphased Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    oh TRIBBLE. i think your right. it is today isnt it? lol
  • milsimrmilsimr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Didn't read all that stuff in here, but since upcoming Season 10, I have one real concern based on release notes.

What I find most disturbing is:
    Earn Iconian Marks by completing any of the following PvE queues:

- The Herald Sphere
    - Brotherhood of the Sword
    - Gateway to Gre’thor
    - Bug Hunt
    - The Battle of Korfez

In addition to Iconian Marks, Mk XII set gear requires Iconian Probe Datacores.

- Earn Iconian Probe Datacores through higher difficulty versions of any queued event which offers Iconian Marks.

How did guys from Cryptic solved the drop of Ancient Power Cells for Delta Alliance reputation, if they obviously plan to REMOVE (or is there other solution applied already?) the only two reliable sources (The Battle of Korfez and Bug Hunt advanced / elite) for these items?! For example, in Bug Hunt (Elite) - after this patch, you'll get now only those Iconian Probe Datacores? Or you can get either APC or IPD, depending which marks you choose as reward?

If they'll remove the only reliable sources of APCs, then I say this: you really dropped the ball this time and you can remove whole Delta Alliance faction, since getting gear from it would be quite impossible from now on.
  • lmsapsin34474lmsapsin34474 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Howdy all,
    I have had a few fleet members ask me what level does the new missions start. I see that Uneasy Allies have been moved to level 60. Since we have the Delta Recruits etc people where hoping that they start on a low level. Anyway good luck to us all!
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Reading the patch notes - did I see we can trade in marks for the advanced items (BNPs, APCs, etc).

That's nice if you're still working up to the advanced queues in capability.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • ladytiamat666ladytiamat666 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    milsimr wrote: »
    How did guys from Cryptic solved the drop of Ancient Power Cells for Delta Alliance reputation, if they obviously plan to REMOVE (or is there other solution applied already?) the only two reliable sources (The Battle of Korfez and Bug Hunt advanced / elite) for these items?! For example, in Bug Hunt (Elite) - after this patch, you'll get now only those Iconian Probe Datacores? Or you can get either APC or IPD, depending which marks you choose as reward?

If they'll remove the only reliable sources of APCs, then I say this: you really dropped the ball this time and you can remove whole Delta Alliance faction, since getting gear from it would be quite impossible from now on.

You will have the choice :
    Iconian Marks have been added as a reward option for the queues Bug Hunt and The Battle of Korfez.

Source : http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1432101

So if i understand correctly, at the end of the mission, you will choose APC + delta marks or Iconian probe datacores + iconian resistance marks.

And for the APC, they are very easy to obtain since they add them as a daily reward for replaying Act III missions on Kobali Prime.
    signature%201.jpg_zpsklpuyd7v.png
    edited April 2015
    Howdy all,
    I have had a few fleet members ask me what level does the new missions start. I see that Uneasy Allies have been moved to level 60. Since we have the Delta Recruits etc people where hoping that they start on a low level. Anyway good luck to us all!

At lvl 10 (obviously for a limited time) :
    New Featured Episodes:

Episode “Blood of Ancients”:
    “Blood of Ancients” can be found in the Featured Episode tab of the journal.
    This episode is available for Captains level 10 and up.
    Episode “Delta Flight”:
    Complete the episode “Blood of Ancients” to begin “Delta Flight”.
    “Delta Flight” can be found in the Featured Episode tab of the journal.
    This episode if available for captains level 10 and up.

Source : http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=23454261#post23454261
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    How long is it now until release?
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    How long is it now until release?

45 minutes or so. 5pm utc.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So why is it coming on a Tuesday this time, and not a Thursday as usual? So you don't have to do more expensive hotfixing over the weekend?
  • arketipicosarketipicos Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Great..., wanna see more...!!!
    Congratulations
    Picana - Shaolin - Deity Warrior
  • sunbobsunbob Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Here we go, the seasonly forums flood. :P
    <Inserthere>
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Maintenance has been extended by another hour, to make sure the servers are "working properly."

Ha, that's a good one Cryptic... :rolleyes:
  • robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I may not be able to sign in yet but at least the login screen on the client looks pretty and purple.
    edited April 2015
    Great, I knew they would extend it to 11:00.
    <Inserthere>
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Oh no.. are you kidding? .. Sighs* maybe I should go home then.
    edited April 2015
    They will likely extend it again. Four hours should be enough to implement a season, but coding is much harder than it looks.
    <Inserthere>
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    westmetals wrote: »
    They usually do the major updates on Tuesdays, but the routine maintenance and minor fixes are done on Thursdays.

Not sure why, but it is a long-established custom.

Because usually 30%+ of the content is bugged or otherwise unplayable, so a Thursdays routine maintenance doesnt make such waves like an emergency one ;)
    edited April 2015
    The best we can do is be patient and wait. STO isn't going anywhere. :D
    <Inserthere>
    edited April 2015
    They usually do the major updates on Tuesdays, but the routine maintenance and minor fixes are done on Thursdays.

Not sure why, but it is a long-established custom.

I think it's for avoiding emergency maintenances as much as possible. If bugs (not critical bugs or exploits, at least) are spotted on tuesday or wednesday, they fix them in the "normal" maintenance on thursday.

And if they were pushing major updates on thursdays, there's a good chance that they will have to mobilize part of their personnel on saturday and sunday, for emergency maintenances. Or take the risk to set the forums on fire if bugs / exploits were left unsolved from friday to the next monday.
    edited April 2015
    Oh, that has happened. I remember one case (not too long ago... DR or Winter Event maybe?) where there were three emergency maintenances (Thursday night, Friday morning, AND Monday morning).

I remember that! I felt so annoyed, my friend and I wanted to play and we were blocked by the emergency maintenances. A tribble must have gotten stuck in the servers. :D
    <Inserthere>