test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 10 Coming April 21st!

Comments

• centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well, the start of Season 10 is actually the same week as Season 9 last year; this has its own logic, but it's a shame that it could not be postponed until after The Recruit event. Cryptic/PWE apparently does not value its own work enough to let it stand on its own merits, and layers of content are required to pump up player metrics.

I was actually beginning to enjoy the Recruit event; sadly, now it will be overshadowed by yet another steaming 3Gb pile of under-tested cut & paste... :(
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This looks good, however it will be a while before I get to the new missions. I'm not done with Rising missions yet.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Stupid Iconians, The Klingons are too stupid to be scared of you, the Fed will just re-engineer your glowing stuff and shoot back at you within 10 minutes, and the Rommies will just sneak behind your lines and plant bombs on your ships and headquarters and yell out "Payback, BIOTCH".

Iconians picked the wrong galaxy to start a war.
    latest?cb=20141230104800&path-prefix=en
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,782 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ACK! I thought I had until May 21st? :eek:
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well, that may be how it is - but it would be nifty to have a link from Cryptic telling folks that's how it is supposed to be or what the plans for them are sort of thing.

Right before warping for the Herald Sphere STF on Tribble together with Snipey , SOB and others, I was lucky to enter one of this "revamped" Red Alerts.
    It was something like kill 1 of 10 groups, like a deep space encounter.
    If I remember well, I managed to kill 1 group before leaving and I've noticed they were giving you almost no XP ... don't know whether that's changed in the last weeks though ...
    P58WJe7.jpg

• jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    After reading some of the doom in this thread. .

Can we please have a doom doom doom smiley or something lol like a sad face with fire and brimstone above it. .

coz I really want to use it so much lol. When people start with the doom.
    JtaDmwW.png
  • miwifbsdmiwifbsd Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    And when u plan to fix the damn laggs? It make no sense to release a half ready system when nobody can plan afterwards ...

Laggs?

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1406991
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1406601

not to talk about the peoples overseas ..
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    dragnridr wrote: »
    Stupid Iconians, The Klingons are too stupid to be scared of you, the Fed will just re-engineer your glowing stuff and shoot back at you within 10 minutes, and the Rommies will just sneak behind your lines and plant bombs on your ships and headquarters and yell out "Payback, BIOTCH".

Iconians picked the wrong galaxy to start a war.
    Thanks, I got a good chuckle out of this - especially as I imagined it being read in one of the kids' voices from the old Trix commercials helped immensely. And the Federation tendency to reverse-engineer things (and sometimes improve them in the process) reminded me of a certain species from a far-away galaxy who are also noted for that; their Nssis strikecraft being a particular example.
  • johnniemesojohnniemeso Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hopefully the new splash screen doesn't cause the Fatal Error DXGI error like the delta crashing splash screen :eek:

make it a simple bitmap/ jpeg and not a flashy graphic thingy, especially since it is a static picture :confused:
  • amezukiamezuki Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Cryptic/PWE apparently does not value its own work enough to let it stand on its own merits, and layers of content are required to pump up player metrics.
    Or, an alternative and equally valid take:

It's really awesome how we have these overlapping events; it means that if I get burned out on doing stuff with a Delta alt I can go back to my main and hit up the new Iconian content, or vice-versa. Having more options for more stuff to do is win-win.

It's remarkable how differently the exact same events can be described, depending on the assumptions and attitude of the person describing them.
    Fleet Admiral L'Yern - Screenshot and doffing addict
    Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser U.S.S. Dioscuria NX-91121-A - Interactive Crew Roster
  • sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I hope this doesn't include the return of the Power Tray and BOFF Station bugs. Previously, with the start of every season, these bugs return and it takes Cryptic a month or more to fix these bugs... AGAIN.

Cryptic, please say you have this issue fixed. Please...
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • bgabor911bgabor911 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Nice!
    Is Cryptic aware of the fact that the game is PRACTICALLY UNPLAYABLE DUE TO CONSTANT LAGS in central and eastern Europe? (places like Germany, Hungary etc)
    Until they fix the lags, it is very pointless to release new content, because many players simply cant play it.

It is a very weird thing that Cryptic completely ignores all of the network problems in STO, while fixing these problems is always top priority in other MMOs.
  • teshultzteshultz Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Attention:

Kelivn Empire:

The Kelvin/Kelvan/Kalvin/ or does start with a "C" Empire spelling has slip my mind, they did not state it on "By Any Other Name" Star Trek Orginal Season 2, Ep.22. Why not bring them into the Star Trek Online universe. Remember, The Kelvin Empire ran the Andromeda Galaxy and they where not Humandoids.

How Did the Iconians conqueor the Kelvins? This will be the spelling I will use until corrected.

The warp 5-10 barriers were broken by the Enterprise in this Episode they went Warp 11. Thanks to Kelvin tech.

I like to see the descendants of the remants of the Kelvins join the fight aganist the Iconians.

As you were!
  • rg2023rg2023 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I suddenly join a few days ago, and a new season pops up. the good part it's around the corner, but won't be able to start playing until Friday 24 because of work :(
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,404 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So, (given it's a week away and the state they've been in on Tribble since Season 10 started testing there); Borg Red Alerts as we currently know them on Holodeck are being removed and replaced by a simple "Kill 10 Groups of Borg Ships" standard Space Encounter.

Cryptic strikes again, removing fun content that players have enjoyed since Season 4 and replacing it with more cut and paste content.

WTG Cryptic.

Hmm, I just did a Borg Red Alert on Tribble and it's still the same ones as on Holodeck (up to the Command ship frequently not showing up).

Also, the new system is extremely annoying because if you were flying your ship and warped to the alert location, your ship continues to fly past the alert, so if you don't have ninja reflexes, you'll have to turn around back to the alert location.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sirokk wrote: »
    I hope this doesn't include the return of the Power Tray and BOFF Station bugs. Previously, with the start of every season, these bugs return and it takes Cryptic a month or more to fix these bugs... AGAIN.

Cryptic, please say you have this issue fixed. Please...

Boff stations are still bugged, just on ground skills this time. Everytime I zone, I gotta check and make sure my away team hasn't forgotten their skills.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    amezuki wrote: »
    Or, an alternative and equally valid take:

It's really awesome how we have these overlapping events; it means that if I get burned out on doing stuff with a Delta alt I can go back to my main and hit up the new Iconian content, or vice-versa. Having more options for more stuff to do is win-win.

It's remarkable how differently the exact same events can be described, depending on the assumptions and attitude of the person describing them.

If a new season meant adding variety, it'd be a good thing. But a new season adds new bugs and revamps (or simply removal in worse cases).

Doffing worked very wonky on tribble last time I looked. New sector space is showing how fragile camera distance settings are, also you'll find out Scimitars blocking your way weren't that bad when you get close to a star.

That's before you get to how OP the new shinies have to be to attract players' attention (Iconian resistance rep).

Then there's also a different point of view: STO has well enough content, ships, possibilities as it is now. It just needs to get its bugs fixed. A new season doesn't go well with this view either.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • nathraelnathrael Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    teshultz wrote: »
    Attention:

Kelivn Empire:

The Kelvin/Kelvan/Kalvin/ or does start with a "C" Empire spelling has slip my mind, they did not state it on "By Any Other Name" Star Trek Orginal Season 2, Ep.22. Why not bring them into the Star Trek Online universe. Remember, The Kelvin Empire ran the Andromeda Galaxy and they where not Humandoids.

How Did the Iconians conqueor the Kelvins? This will be the spelling I will use until corrected.

The warp 5-10 barriers were broken by the Enterprise in this Episode they went Warp 11. Thanks to Kelvin tech.

I like to see the descendants of the remants of the Kelvins join the fight aganist the Iconians.

As you were!

Kelvan Empire is proper spelling. Good question. From what I could see the Kelvan Empire could smash the Iconians into paste.

Most logical explanation? Radiation was rising in the core of the Andromeda galaxy. Iconians are in the galactic core area, and the Iconians and Kelvans may well never have even met.

Or cryptic could have gone the other route. Seeing that Iconians can move dyson spheres from Andromeda to the Milky Way **instantaneously**. Which frankly is insane. On a legal level, it may very well be they do not have the rights to use the Kelvans in STO, which is a pity if it's true. They are much more interesting then the Iconians.
  • litchy74litchy74 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    toiva wrote: »
    If a new season meant adding variety, it'd be a good thing. But a new season adds new bugs and revamps (or simply removal in worse cases).

Doffing worked very wonky on tribble last time I looked. New sector space is showing how fragile camera distance settings are, also you'll find out Scimitars blocking your way weren't that bad when you get close to a star.

That's before you get to how OP the new shinies have to be to attract players' attention (Iconian resistance rep).

Then there's also a different point of view: STO has well enough content, ships, possibilities as it is now. It just needs to get its bugs fixed. A new season doesn't go well with this view either.

I think the main problem is the dev inherited the game engine so their knowledge on its inner works where never up to scratch, since then they have added so many bits of code that old bugs are lost beyond there tech understanding how to fix, lol took how many try's to fix the tray bug which was a feature they introduced.

I get the ugly feeling the only bug fixes we will see are for those recently introduced where the code changes are apparent, old bugs will just become.....features.
    Where ever you go, there you are.......

Join The Space Invaders,..... Federation and KDF fleets.
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    nathrael wrote: »
    On a legal level, it may very well be they do not have the rights to use the Kelvans in STO, which is a pity if it's true. They are much more interesting then the Iconians.

I'm pretty sure they have the rights to anything that appeared in TOS.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    nathrael wrote: »
    On a legal level, it may very well be they do not have the rights to use the Kelvans in STO, which is a pity if it's true. They are much more interesting then the Iconians.

doubtful your claim is accurate, cbs hold the tv series of trek in their locker these days, tos included. the only way it wouldnt get put on sto is if cryptic doesnt have the kelvans in mind or cbs said no.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    litchy74 wrote: »
    I think the main problem is the dev inherited the game engine so their knowledge on its inner works where never up to scratch, since then they have added so many bits of code that old bugs are lost beyond there tech understanding how to fix, lol took how many try's to fix the tray bug which was a feature they introduced.

I get the ugly feeling the only bug fixes we will see are for those recently introduced where the code changes are apparent, old bugs will just become.....features.

If you inherit a system that one isnt familiar enough with, and want/need to keep it, one hires someone who is or contracts with the original designer to maintain/teach the system to others.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Maybe ii have missed it, but has there been a mention at what time the maintenance starts?
    I'd like to know if i can get some playtime in that day.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If you inherit a system that one isnt familiar enough with, and want/need to keep it, one hires someone who is or contracts with the original designer to maintain/teach the system to others.

Without saying doom or anything, that is still an additional expense.

If they really do have trouble with the code, it comes down to how much they think they need to fix bugs in order to keep going. And to be honest, most bugs aren't game breaking or affecting the average Joe. (They're just the more annoying the longer you play.)
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    questerius wrote: »
    Maybe I've missed it, but has there been a mention at what time the maintenance starts?
    I'd like to know if I can get some playtime in that day.

If it's anything like the regular seasonal update, my guess is at 1430 GMT/0700 Pacific Time for about 4 hours, +2 if it's a bad day.
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sharpie65 wrote: »
    If it's anything like the regular seasonal update, my guess is at 1430 GMT/0700 Pacific Time for about 4 hours, +2 if it's a bad day.

That's what i am afraid off.

Regular maintenance starts at 16.00 local time. 4-5 hours for the update and some delay from start up traffic and chances of getting a view prior to midnight are slim indeed. The US guys should have a shot during the evening, assuming the additional traffic doesn't shut the servers down.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Season 10 is coming this April 21st! Learn more as well as check out our latest trailer in our blog here!

A war is coming, Captains.

You can also check out the trailer for Season 10 here!

~LaughingTrendy

What time exactly is Season 10 coming out?
  • darkdazmaddarkdazmad Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    will this is going to mess the current event of delta isnt it and the R&D Bouns delta this week mmmm
    couldnt of they wait until the end of the delta event
    stosigra_zpsxpcew08i.png

Also note it says under my name i am a Champions Online User, i play Star Trek Online and have no idea how to change that lol
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    darkdazmad wrote: »
    will this is going to mess the current event of delta isnt it and the R&D Bouns delta this week mmmm
    couldnt of they wait until the end of the delta event

Sorry but for what ... R&D Projects take ~15s each day ... still plenty of time for an ~10min PVE Queue every day ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • darkdazmaddarkdazmad Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i was talking about the 20 hour ones lol lol
    stosigra_zpsxpcew08i.png

Also note it says under my name i am a Champions Online User, i play Star Trek Online and have no idea how to change that lol