test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Shaka, When the Walls Fell Promotion

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
Season 10: The Iconian War is right around the corner! We’re celebrating bringing down Sector Walls with our new “Shaka, When the Walls Fell” promotion.

Check out some of the rewards you can get here.

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Qapla'. Bring the Bloodwine! :D
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You are giving a Foundry thing to everyone...its a slap in the face...rrraaaaggggee.....
    oh wait...that means i can have it on characters now, well that cool
    good deal its only been in there for years :)

Now, how about all those racial badges that are floating out there too...... :D
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Lol, free stuff. Can't complain.
  • Options
    giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    At first I was sad that these wont be special for those who have been here since the beginning.... but then I remembered I never use them so :P
    edited April 2015
    I was hoping this was going to be an apology for the latency issues the Cryptic games have been having, kind of like getting de-leveled down to -45 around 5 years ago, when we first got these shinies...

... but people get free stuff, so yeah... can't complain.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    An emote? Now cryptic just killed pvp!
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    yuzralyuzral Member Posts: 160 Media Corps
    edited April 2015
    Temba, his arms open. Players, when the patch came. Cryptic, when the patch came. Shaka, when the walls stood. Trendy, when there is coffee. Yuzral, at 95% processing.

Phrased a little more clearly: Cool, let's hope tomorrow* goes smoothly.

*Today, for anyone east of, oh, roughly 30deg West at time of writing.
    Blatant self-promotion: Producer of the Delta Rising Tribble Timewarp, Foundry Frolics and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Yuzral
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    chalpen wrote: »
    An emote? Now cryptic just killed pvp!

Romulans are totally op now, they're the only ones who can retaliate against the new emotes with Its a faaaaake. Oh wait they already were op...

In all seriousness, yay free stuff!
  • Options
    theussvoyagertheussvoyager Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    castsbugc wrote: »
    You are giving a Foundry thing to everyone...its a slap in the face...rrraaaaggggee.....
    oh wait...that means i can have it on characters now, well that cool
    good deal its only been in there for years :)

Now, how about all those racial badges that are floating out there too...... :D

Actually the emote and the badges were given way back in season 1 because they were having server problems
    But yes it s nice that they are giving away free stuff
    JJ Connie > TOS Connie
    Lag denied your Heal
    What happened to my Halon consoles
    Poni?
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited April 2015
    So, how do we get these free shinies?

d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Cool, these are nice. I will be sure to add these to my characters.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    forthegamerforthegamer Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Romulans are totally op now, they're the only ones who can retaliate against the new emotes with Its a faaaaake.
    The moment we get this as an emote, is the moment STO is like the greatest thing since fire.
  • Options
    chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Free stuff, I like. Love these little giveaways that come around every few months :D
  • Options
    gavriil1983gavriil1983 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Season 10: The Iconian War is right around the corner! We’re celebrating bringing down Sector Walls with our new “Shaka, When the Walls Fell” promotion.

Check out some of the rewards you can get here.

~LaughingTrendy

I love this community manager. simply amazing.
  • Options
    cookiecupcakescookiecupcakes Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yay! I don't know what this emote looks like yet, but I am excited to get it! Thank you!
    EEiLA7V.jpg
  • Options
    lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yay! I don't know what this emote looks like yet, but I am excited to get it! Thank you!

It was the ritual that crewman in the background performed when he found out his Captain had died. It's in the TNG Episode "Darmok".

A clip of the screen on Youtube.
  • Options
    senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Really Cryptic? I guess this definitely proves that nothing is sacred anymore.

The whole "Shaka When the walls fell" promo was a special reward and apology for all us veterans who had to put up with all the TRIBBLE that went wrong with Season 1 years ago.
    Its one of the few last remaining symbols of veterancy and your just handing it out to any random noob now. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    giannicampanellagiannicampanella Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    A veteran is but yesterday's random noob....
    Greenbird
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hey more free giveaways of stuff that I already have.

I tell ya, sometimes it just doesn't pay to be a veteran around here.

:P

:o

Heh. Sigh.

To be clear, I don't mind that these items are re-released. I'm not worried about their exclusivity and that newer players can now get them (Truly! "Yay!" for them, I say), I just think it would be nice if there was even ONE small actual NEW thing that vets could enjoy for free, too.

This "new" promotion reminds me of the recent anniversary giveaways (and other similar events further past), where you give away the same old things and vets don't get to participate.

Meh. Whatever...

:rolleyes:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hey more free giveaways of stuff that I already have.

I tell ya, sometimes it just doesn't pay to be a veteran around here.

:P

:o

Heh. Sigh.

To be clear, I don't mind that these items are re-released. I'm not worried about their exclusivity and that newer players can now get them (Truly! "Yay!" for them, I say), I just think it would be nice if there was even ONE small actual NEW thing that vets could enjoy for free, too.

This "new" promotion reminds me of the recent anniversary giveaways (and other similar events further past), where you give away the same old things and vets don't get to participate.

Meh. Whatever...

:rolleyes:

I would love to see more vet rewards... I already got them all.... Be nice to have more... especially exclusive ships. Hint, hint, Cryptic. ;)
  • Options
    swiftintrudersswiftintruders Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    DATHON: Shaka, when the walls fell.
    PICARD: Shaka. You said that before. When I couldn't build a fire. Is that a failure? An inability to do something?
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited April 2015
  • Options
    aphelionmarauderaphelionmarauder Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    how about adding ALL the old emotes too? like every mission would earn you a new emote that is old. Jester dance, air gutar. but make them obtainable after you do some sort of REALLY big achievement or make them buyable with GPL

Also, when the server crashes, its more like KKHHHAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Support the movement!
    Come stand with us in supporting Star Trek: The Animated Series content for STO! (It's canon!) #TASforSTO

Time travel and glass-cannon ships hurt my head and is NOT what Trek is about. Trek is exploration, becoming better as a species, and gaining scientific knowledge while holding on to the traditions that got us where were are.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The moment we get this as an emote, is the moment STO is like the greatest thing since fire.

It actually is an emote but just as I joked only romulans can unlock it.
  • Options
    realwildblurealwildblu Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Crossing fingers for the Worf haircut and sash... Missed it the first time :(
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,022 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Really Cryptic? I guess this definitely proves that nothing is sacred anymore.

The whole "Shaka When the walls fell" promo was a special reward and apology for all us veterans who had to put up with all the TRIBBLE that went wrong with Season 1 years ago.
    Its one of the few last remaining symbols of veterancy and your just handing it out to any random noob now. :rolleyes:

I actually find it fitting as the walls of Sector Space are coming down. Yes the reward and apology was for problems in Season 1. Now its comemorating this new beginning. And with our luck, a nod to those old problems via Server Hampsters going on strike because of the traffic.

Besides... isn't there still the "Shaka when the walls fell" title that you guys have? I think I saw that floating around before.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    sardociansardocian Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    gilion wrote: »
    At first I was sad that these wont be special for those who have been here since the beginning.... but then I remembered I never use them so :P

But think of what they could have given out instead, something that us older players could actually use ;)

It's not that they are giving away something we already have, but don't use... it's they are not giving away something we don't have (but likely will not use :P)

EDIT: Wanted to add - I don't care about the free stuff, all I care about is sector space is finally unified (close enough at least :D)
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Are the badges and titles going to be account unlocks? The blog only mentions that the emote will be but says nothing either way for the badges and titles.