test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Starship traits are terrible

2»

Comments

• imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well, I'm using the Pilot Tree and several of the traits mentioned above... Not getting any lag here since the first days of the anniversary event, despite running regular STF's and Borg/Tholian alerts...

Again, the very fact that many people are using ship traits and the like without lag lends just as much evidence against your assertion...

As far as the video is concerned, it's anecdotal at best - I personally wouldn't even put that much faith in traits being the cause... There is no way to prove what was turned on, and what was turned off, and there is no indication of hardware involved, or anything else that was happening at the time...

Am I denying some people are getting lag issues? No... I'd be a fool to suggest that no one playing ANY MMO is lag free...

Is everyone experiencing lag, even when using ship traits? Absolutely no... So there is nothing conclusive and this is an inadequately substantiated theory...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    strahn794 wrote: »
    You make such an eloquent argument which is clearly supported with facts and multitudes of evidence, so I will absolutely go and immediately remove all traits listed at your suggestion.

Remember the shield heals that crashed the server? So it could happen again I suppose. Not out of the question.
  • strahn794strahn794 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    thissler wrote: »
    Remember the shield heals that crashed the server? So it could happen again I suppose. Not out of the question.

Not at all. But the solution to that wasn't 'Shield heals are terrible. Stop using them.'
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So you have run all these tests and have 50+ videos.

Have you done all these tests on multiple computers and ISP's? or is all this based on conjecture?

I have not once come across lag caused by the issues you have raised.

I find your lack of proper research... disturbing.
  • spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Madness?... THIS IS STARRR TREKKKK!

Ability: Lunge3

LOOOL ... DAT made my day ! :P
    P58WJe7.jpg

• virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    thissler wrote: »

Traits could be a contributing factor...but if it were the traits alone, it would be the traits everywhere sort of thing.

Pretty much comes off as a sort of buffet thing, yeah?

Adam just has water, so he's fine.
    Beth has a little load, but she's fine.
    Chuck has a little network stuff, and he's fine.
    Debbie's got a little leak, but she's fine.
    Eric's got some load and network stuff, he's feeling a little.
    Faith's got some load, network stuff, and a leak...she's sharpening her axe.
  • gonzothegreat78gonzothegreat78 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    redirect your plea to cryptic not the playerbase
  • tamujiintamujiin Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rushatsi wrote: »
    Please stop using them, they're dysfunctional and causing everyone in the instance to lag.
    Here's some that are causing lag:
    AHOD
    Anchored
    Pedal to the medal
    Supremacy
    Pilot tree.

I realize some of these were bought with money and what not but they're not working and they are ruining everyone's fun.

This isn't an order or trying to make everyone suit my desires, it's a plea. The starship traits are really that bad.

Uhhhh yeah, i actually use those traits, depending on if i am using cannons or beams, and uhhhhhhh yeah ive never experianced lag, nor has my team members.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't hit up any other queues, but no missions have problems - CCA as I said has no problems - it's just ISA where it's been meh since right before the Crystalline event as if they were shifting resources for Crystalline and never shifted them back. Cause that's when the ISA mess started for me.

Pretty much the same here. In ISA I keep on lagging. A bit in KASA as well but other PvE maps like VCE or the said CCA seem to work flawless even if I have stuff like AHOD or Anchored slotted.

Very mysterious but hardly tolerable because ISA seems to be the mainstream map for a majority of players to spend their time in.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated