test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Delta Recruit went Downhill Fast.

repetitiveepicrepetitiveepic Member Posts: 6,549 Arc User
Seemed so cool at first, all the account wide unlocks, the tech upgrades, the awesome 50% extra bonus on top of the 2x XP week.

I know for my part, i was enthusiastic and worked hard to get everything finished on my recruit as fast as possible.

Turns out a lot of the delight was going to become disappointment. Tech upgrades suddenly stuck on a toon that doesnt need them. Account wide dil and stuff locked into level benchmarks, no good for low level alts. And worse of all, the crown jewel of the whole thing, them choosing not to give us the t3 50% bonus xp.

The worst part is, their goal was only off by 6% overall. You'd think with the bugs they had, the issues with people logging in, the emergency maintenance, and all that, that it might just be enough to account for the 6%. It would have made up for the problems at the launch, thats for sure.

Such a shame.
free jkname.

#MOGA Make Orions Green Again

zsoRuFM.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• morden613morden613 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    For all the bugs we've experienced (and are still experiencing), they should just give us that 6%.
    I think that is the least they could do.
  • wrenfuwrenfu Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    And the sun will still rise tomorrow and the tide will continue to come in. Life goes on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    For you it seems all doom and gloom. I am leveling my second character and I am seriously thinking about a third Delta Recruit.

And about not getting t3. Sometimes you win, sometimes you loose. Sometimes you loose big, sometimes you loose close. Take it as a man.
  • morden613morden613 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    "Take it as a man"? Really? That's a little insulting, not to mention condescending.

We're allowed to complain. That's what the forum is for, among other things.
    You don't have the right to make personal attacks just because you don't agree. That's petty and childish.
    You can always not reply, if you have nothing constructive to add.

(If you didn't throw in that comment, your reply would have been fine.)

Note: I'm on my second character now and I'm blocked from progression because of a bug.
    So I'd say I'm within my rights to complain and if you don't like it, tough. Nobody said you had to agree with everything.
  • kamuii2kamuii2 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I always find it funny how people in this game think they are entitled to stuff. fact is we missed it by 6%. thats our fault. people whinin about the vanguard tech upgrade is what got them changed to character bound. the devs arent the ones nerfing TRIBBLE its the morons that whine about it in the first place. otherwise the devs wouldnt have changed it.
  • xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    kamuii2 wrote: »
    I always find it funny how people in this game think they are entitled to stuff. fact is we missed it by 6%. thats our fault. people whinin about the vanguard tech upgrade is what got them changed to character bound. the devs arent the ones nerfing TRIBBLE its the morons that whine about it in the first place. otherwise the devs wouldnt have changed it.

My hat is off to you sir for reading my mind.

+1
  • millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I always find it funny how people in this game think they are entitled to stuff.
    I'm not quite sure that's what's going on here.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm not quite sure that's what's going on here.

Seems like it to me.

"We missed the target for the reward, but can we have the stuff anyway?"
  • kamuii2kamuii2 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What on earth are you even talking about kamuii?

Ok let me simplify it for you.
    Turns out a lot of the delight was going to become disappointment. Tech upgrades suddenly stuck on a toon that doesnt need them.

People whined about the vanguard tech upgrades being account bound. Which caused the devs to look at it and change it to character bound. If people didnt whine bout it the devs wouldn't have changed it.
    The worst part is, their goal was only off by 6% overall. You'd think with the bugs they had, the issues with people logging in, the emergency maintenance, and all that, that it might just be enough to account for the 6%. It would have made up for the problems at the launch, thats for sure.

This is what I find funny how people think they are entitled to stuff in this game. The Players missed it by 6%. Keyword: Players. There is no reason for the devs to give us that 6% when we are the ones that failed.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Seemed so cool at first, all the account wide unlocks, the tech upgrades, the awesome 50% extra bonus on top of the 2x XP week.

I know for my part, i was enthusiastic and worked hard to get everything finished on my recruit as fast as possible.

Turns out a lot of the delight was going to become disappointment. Tech upgrades suddenly stuck on a toon that doesnt need them. Account wide dil and stuff locked into level benchmarks, no good for low level alts. And worse of all, the crown jewel of the whole thing, them choosing not to give us the t3 50% bonus xp.

Such a shame.

If you're already done with your Delta Recruit, then I'd say the event was a resounding success! :) Me, I just only now finished the tutorial, LOL.

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer."
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i'm having fun.

Replaying the revamped storylines, i now understand why things happen in sto. ^^ until now the whole undine thing attack earth thing for example, came out of nowhere for me because i never played the revamped fluidic dynamics....

I count this event as a win for me personally.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,613 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I didn't really care about 50% vs. 100% vs. 250% XP gain.

I'm just having fun leveling my DR alt, and enjoying the bonuses I've unlocked like the VR kit modules at 10 and 20. Plus piles of dil, over 10K just from playing story missions and doing a bit of doffing.

To me the point is they've made leveling up an alt easier than ever, and added a little variety to the story episodes by adding the Iconian bits. The extra rewards are a bonus, not something I'm grinding for.
  • lorngramlorngram Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don`t mind missing the cap, we just didn`t make it, its not the devs fault. The 2x exp boost for the whole week is enough for me. And no matter how much anyone complains about it they wont change it to tier 3 and I think that they shouldnt.

The part about devs "chosing" not to give us the tier 3 is just lol :D

Allso in my opinion the Delta Recruitment is a great succes I`m still going to make 3 more chars for it :)
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Next time, they run the summer event and I only run 38 instead of 40 dailies I will complain about them chosing to not give me the reward I did not earn, too. :)

Am I doing it right? ;)
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Having finished the time-loop, I'm kind of missing a proper payoff. So what exactly did we accomplish now? The only new thing we have actually learned is that the Iconians have siblings that they ended up not getting along with and that there's a mysterious "Other" who has saved them in the past and will do so again (since that info comes from a prophet, I'm willing to believe this prediction).

Besides that we didn't learn anything new.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    People whined about the vanguard tech upgrades being account bound.
    Where was this whining? I must have missed it. Can you link the thread?
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I had fun leveling my Delta recruit. I only did it for the goodies but had fun with my first engineer anyway.

My only gripe is that the Aegis doff is character bound. I've got another toon completely leveled in R&D and I can't move the doff to him.
  • riveroceanriverocean Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I didn't really care about 50% vs. 100% vs. 250% XP gain.

I'm just having fun leveling my DR alt, and enjoying the bonuses I've unlocked like the VR kit modules at 10 and 20. Plus piles of dil, over 10K just from playing story missions and doing a bit of doffing.

To me the point is they've made leveling up an alt easier than ever, and added a little variety to the story episodes by adding the Iconian bits. The extra rewards are a bonus, not something I'm grinding for.

It's like you read my mind. I have millions in energy credits, a pile of Dilithium, and some awesome gear. All from three delta recruits. The xp bonus would a been nice. But even without it I'm leveling quickly.
  • emacsheadroomemacsheadroom Member Posts: 994 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I can't bring myself to get on the complaint bandwagon because I really don't feel like I've suffered any great loss. Also, as wonderful as it is to get a bunch of shiny new toys and marks, earning them is not something I'd care to do twice. I feel burned out just thinking about the Cardassian arc.
  • jasonl21jasonl21 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Such a shame.

The degree of entitlement is strong with this one. Again..
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Indeed, but who should we blame for the punishment?

Cryptic for picking a bad number as the target, or, alternative, picking a great number but then TRIBBLE it up with bugs and downtime and problems.

or our fellow players, for being slags and not getting it done?

It's bad juju either way. And bad juju that was so easy to avoid.
    You missed one. Cryptic ignoring the broken missions that many players got stuck in. So far I have not got any of my alts passed level 10 due to broken missions. Manhunt was a pain for the KDF a lot of us get stuck outside where the dog doesn't move. I wonder how many people like me played the mission 3 times, gave up as it never worked and didn't bother any more.
  • roadghostroadghost Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    We had emergency maintenance, but no regular maintenance so I think that was a wash.

The Doffchat channel had people wanting others to stop playing missions to prove a conspiracy idea that the progress counter was a sham and that Tier3 was a given. So if I was wanting to blame someone I would point at the conspiracy theorists who didn't level and expected rewards anyway.
    edited April 2015
    We missed the 6% due to impossible to complete missions due to old and well known bugs. How is that the players fault? Those are things that should have been fixed before Delta came out. As in my other post I barely managed what was it 10 missions ran due to bugs? Other players had the same problem.
  • teknesiateknesia Member Posts: 860 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    We missed the 6% due to impossible to complete missions due to old and well known bugs. How is that the players fault? Those are things that should have been fixed before Delta came out. As in my other post I barely managed what was it 10 missions ran due to bugs? Other players had the same problem.

That's not entirely true. I have been working ten day stretches and long hours at work otherwise would've leveled my character further. I'm sure many other people have similar life demands that are outside of cryptic's scope. As for the rewards being harder to achieve, that's a positive to me since it pushes people.

Sorry but I know cryptic has screwed up with Dr and the grindy anniversary events but I'm having a blast with recruits and some of y'all just seem whinny.
    edbf9204-c725-4dab-a35a-46626a4cb978.jpg
    edited April 2015
    teknesia wrote: »
    That's not entirely true. I have been working ten day stretches and long hours at work otherwise would've leveled my character further. I'm sure many other people have similar life demands that are outside of cryptic's scope. As for the rewards being harder to achieve, that's a positive to me since it pushes people.

Sorry but I know cryptic has screwed up with Dr and the grindy anniversary events but I'm having a blast with recruits and some of y'all just seem whinny.
    It seems entirely true to me. If people with limited play time have to play a single missions 5 + times before it works they are either going to give up or barely get any missions done. Either way if the multiple mission’s bugs had been fixed we would have broken past that 6% needed.

How many people had the week off in the UK but barely got any mission done due to bugs like in Manhunt that happen early on in the mission chain but will not complate?
  • fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I do not understand that people cannot complete missions, because of bugs. Where, what?

Yesterday my recruit, Klingon KDF, hit 50 doing the Second Wave arc, just before Boldly they Rode. I did all the missions and I could complete everything, nothing bugged on me.

So what are players doing? Rushing through content, skipping parts? That may cause that you cannot finish a mission.
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What are these missions that are bugged? I haven't encountered any that were real game stoppers.

Treasure Trading Station had the bugged map transfer which had an easy workaround, that got fixed at next opportunity and could have been skipped for the moment.

I heard about the last Breen episode being bugged which was a non issue for the vast majority of players who didn't get anywhere near that one before it was fixed, me included.

other than that? Haven't heard of any bugged missions at all.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • frontline2042frontline2042 Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My primary DR finished all of the episodes with nary a bug to be seen. Which tells me that the bugs aren't easily replicable which in turn means they are hard to fix. We missed tier 3, boohoo. Let's do better on this week's challenge.
    Ignorance is an obstacle not an excuse
    Let the stupid suffer
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Dunno, i tried to help on the overall score, but i work, so i have to win money, then play.. Anyway, i play for the fun of it, and wirh this DR stuff, im having fun!, maybe im playing this wrong?? :P
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Indeed, but who should we blame for the punishment?

Cryptic for picking a bad number as the target, or, alternative, picking a great number but then TRIBBLE it up with bugs and downtime and problems.

or our fellow players, for being slags and not getting it done?

It's bad juju either way. And bad juju that was so easy to avoid.

The players are never to blame unless they break EULA or otherwise misuse a product.

In this case, Cryptic had unrealistic expectations of how the player base would react to the offered rewards. There is no other cause or explanation although there is a lot to be done to see where, when, and how the break occurred.
This discussion has been closed.