test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Delta recruit crashing

phreakbeephreakbee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Game client.exe freezes up @ end of initial cut scene, just like it does with starting Rom characters and "surface tension".
Post edited by phreakbee on

Comments

• Options
    kehlekrkehlekr Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am having the same issue attempting to create a new character. I get the tutorial and at the end of the cutscene where www.startrekonline.com it crashes. I get a message that the gameclient.exe crashed.
  • Options
    sch3ff3lsch3ff3l Member Posts: 118 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    oh sound like im not the only one... im having this issue since delta rising launch (the cutscene when get out of the jenolan sphere for the first time freeze the game too) but this one have a work around by not triggering the cutscenes... however the tutorial dont have a way around the movie
    9gagger, starfleet captain, bug hunter...

spocked thumb face...
  • Options
    sillett131#8260 sillett131 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I haven't seen very much discussion of this issue. Is it affecting just a few people?
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    iamdoom23 wrote: »
    I haven't seen very much discussion of this issue. Is it affecting just a few people?
    Perhaps - if it were affecting the majority, you would have seen more than a few threads about it

I don't crash to desktop when this happens (it just freezes), but it occurs at "Surface Tension" and all three tutorial cutscene ends. Very, VERY rarely, when I restart and come back to the newly-created character and go through the cutscene again, it'll pass by with no issues... but it's completely random in addition to the slim chance
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    im doing some things here... anything illegal mind you boys :cool:
    if i get around it i will update

spocked thumb face...
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    sch3ff3l wrote: »
    im doing some things here... anything illegal mind you boys :cool:
    if i get around it i will update

tried everything
    started from directory as administrator failed,
    forced checking failed,
    swichted to directx9 failed
    tried on safemode failed
    everysingle time i start the game with the delta recruit the game freeze on the cutscene, doesnt work even pressing esc to skip it

would be good to have a way around the initial cutscene for the faction... why we have to watch it everytime we choose to go on the tutorial? even when we have already made it?

spocked thumb face...
  • Options
    doktormarengodoktormarengo Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yup same here. I get a crash on new character creation as well.

There is one work around I found. But it only lets you get in on Klingon Side. And probably only if you already have a Klingon that's succesfully completed the tutorial.

- Start a New Klingon Aligned Character.
    - Go through the process and let load screen crash.
    - Close the program and reopen it.
    - Go back and sign into your newly created KDF chrachter
    - click the option to "skip the tutorial".

Your new KDF toon will be ready to use. Unfortunately I can't get this work for Romulan or Fed aligned toons. :(

But obviously something that happens when the tutorials try to load is causing a crash. Not sure what it could be.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Yup same here. I get a crash on new character creation as well.

There is one work around I found. But it only lets you get in on Klingon Side. And probably only if you already have a Klingon that's succesfully completed the tutorial.

- Start a New Klingon Aligned Character.
    - Go through the process and let load screen crash.
    - Close the program and reopen it.
    - Go back and sign into your newly created KDF chrachter
    - click the option to "skip the tutorial".

Your new KDF toon will be ready to use. Unfortunately I can't get this work for Romulan or Fed aligned toons. :(

But obviously something that happens when the tutorials try to load is causing a crash. Not sure what it could be.

but by doing this you wont be a delta recruit only toon who do complete the tutorial are eligible to delta rewards

spocked thumb face...
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Egads.. you are right. So just nix that advice.
  • Options
    argoskrios7xargoskrios7x Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You would think they would stop being lazy and fix it.
  • Options
    pec3pec3 Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same problem here with my Delta Recruit. Game client.exe freezes up @ end of initial cut scene, just like with Delta Rising when I wanted to exit sfere to delta quadrant it gave me that video and game got frozen.

They are not lazy, they are blind to see that they will have a problem and they do not know how to fix it.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    More than likely --- this is only happening to a very small number of people. I asked around and none of my other friends were having this issue --- just me.

So all of us here need to make sure we open a ticket about it. Or else Cryptic won't know there's an issue.

That being said I retried my previous steps and did manage to consistently get in on Klingon side.

This time I didn't skip tutorial. It worked and I was able to make KDF Delta recruits.

It doesn't work for Romulans and Feds though.

So if you are stuck and desperate to get started. Make a KDF => Let the loading screen freeze => relog => go back to your KDF and play through the tutorial.

It worked for me each time I tried it. It does suck that I can't make a Romulan or Fed aligned Delta recruit however.
  • Options
    sillett131#8260 sillett131 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    When I relogged the third time I ended up back at starfleet academy but it the tutorial resumed and all is good. Seems there's a randomized factor involved maybe?
  • Options
    vkipvkip Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I also -Had- this problem, i was launching the game with steam and the game would freeze at the end of the intro clip.

if you use steam go download the arc client and let it scan for star trek, it found and used the steam installation files i already have and just launched STO from the arc client, I got past the intro video now, so it might work for other people too.

There were some other random problems with launching from steam also. like the STO launcher not always loading properly, and accounts being banned when purchasing zen through steam so the best way to go is the arc client.
  • Options
    hunterkiller64hunterkiller64 Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    trek21 wrote: »

I don't crash to desktop when this happens (it just freezes), but it occurs at "Surface Tension" and all three tutorial cutscene ends. Very, VERY rarely, when I restart and come back to the newly-created character and go through the cutscene again, it'll pass by with no issues... but it's completely random in addition to the slim chance

you are lucky every time i close the client i keep getting the cutscene :mad: i bet they will just ignore this problem though as it's been going on 4 a while....:(
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    i maybe have discovered part of the problem for Federation&romulan toon... its quite simple why klingon have made through and rom & fed dont... if you guys have noticed all tutorials but the klingon ask with you want to skip the tutorial BEFORE the dem intro the klingon tutorial pop the question up AFTER the intro this maybe have something to do with the frozen loop
    vkip wrote: »
    I also -Had- this problem, i was launching the game with steam and the game would freeze at the end of the intro clip.

if you use steam go download the arc client and let it scan for star trek, it found and used the steam installation files i already have and just launched STO from the arc client, I got past the intro video now, so it might work for other people too.

There were some other random problems with launching from steam also. like the STO launcher not always loading properly, and accounts being banned when purchasing zen through steam so the best way to go is the arc client.

if this is a steam only bug im going to be REALLY PISSED OFF.... why they bother then to make the client availible on steam? and im playing STO for almost four and a half years now ONLY using steam.

im going to try this and see what happens and bring a update

spocked thumb face...
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    i maybe have discovered part of the problem for Federation&romulan toon... its quite simple why klingon have made through and rom & fed dont... if you guys have noticed all tutorials but the klingon ask with you want to skip the tutorial BEFORE the dem intro the klingon tutorial pop the question up AFTER the intro this maybe have something to do with the frozen loop

I think you are right.. this makes sense.

Also, I don't and never have used STEAM. I also don't use ARC. I launch the game from it's desktop icon. I did try using ARC and it made no differnce. I can't create new FED or ROM Delta recruits.

I can make new KDF Delta Recruits, as long as I let it crash the first time round. Then when I come back I get the pop up screen asking me if I want to skip or not. I choose not to skip and bam.. my new KDF Delta is just fine.

It seems like something in those intro cut scenes is causing some people's PC's to crash. But I have no idea what changed.
  • Options
    dakotadahotnessdakotadahotness Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Treasure Trading station lvl 8 is bugged at the Roadblock mission fed side is bugged cant complete to finish, it just keeps looping back to continue roadblock over and over, and yes, It shows I completed it leave and then starts over. Ticket submitted, anyone else having this issue?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Treasure Trading station lvl 8 is bugged at the Roadblock mission fed side is bugged cant complete to finish, it just keeps looping back to continue roadblock over and over, and yes, It shows I completed it leave and then starts over. Ticket submitted, anyone else having this issue?

we cant even get into the game mate...

spocked thumb face...
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Update!: I tried again using Arc client, and had no effect but still i think the timing of the intro cutscenes have something to do with the frozen loop i stayed for 2 minutes with my fed logged with the pop up open and no video whatsoever have played until i hitted the dont skip tutorial button only then the video played....the klingon character did not had this situation the pop up only appeared after the intro video (the video had freezed too but it played before the questioning, i closed the game relogged and all have run smoothly)
    conclusion: not having Arc or not having steam neither of them influence the freeze looping it got to be the order of thinks happening when you first log in a new character.
    wich take me to a second (and sad) conclusion where we who are having this bug will only be able to play with a klingon delta recruit if nothing done to fixs this

spocked thumb face...
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I think you are right.. this makes sense.

Also, I don't and never have used STEAM. I also don't use ARC. I launch the game from it's desktop icon. I did try using ARC and it made no differnce. I can't create new FED or ROM Delta recruits.

I can make new KDF Delta Recruits, as long as I let it crash the first time round. Then when I come back I get the pop up screen asking me if I want to skip or not. I choose not to skip and bam.. my new KDF Delta is just fine.

It seems like something in those intro cut scenes is causing some people's PC's to crash. But I have no idea what changed.
    If this part of the issue, it may also be randomized

When I went to (re)create this Romulan character I'd been trying (and failing) to get past the cutscene, one time it finished loading, and asked me if I'd like to skip the tutorial or not. Thing was, this one time being during the Delta Recruit timeline, I couldn't say Yes, so I had to go into the tutorial + the cutscene that preceded it.

Which, predictably, froze at the end.
    you are lucky every time i close the client i keep getting the cutscene :mad: i bet they will just ignore this problem though as it's been going on 4 a while....:(
    I'm pretty sure they're at least aware of it - however, the key to their tracking down the issue is reproducability. As we've determined in this thread, it's not a majority-issue (sadly); many don't have it happen at all, but some do, seemingly for no good reason other than where it happens. And even knowing where to look doesn't guarantee that they'll know how to fix it... plus not knowing how to fix isn't the same thing as the bug being ignored
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    back again...
    i inform that the bug doesnt affect KDF (pure klingon not rom-kdf alligned) the i have already stated on the thread processed with two attempts with no variables on the process
    so as far as i can tell KDF delta recruit is good to go...

spocked thumb face...
  • Options
    svecksveck Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've tried to create and run a Delta Feddie all day, to no avail. Finally I even tried re-installing Arc completely to see if that would help. Guess what? It does not help. It's very disenchanting that I can't play, since I've spent the past month encouraging my entire fleet to make new toons. A response to my tickets would be greatly appreciated, since I entered them much, much earlier today.
  • Options
    dakotadahotnessdakotadahotness Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    we cant even get into the game mate...

Now neither can I, game crash wont work at all now same issue being described CTD then crash on restart while playing a Delta Recruit toon. So now, we waiting for an "Official" Response in a few days, a fix a few days later and missed time on the event, as with every event I have been involved in since I was stupid enough to pay for a life time of misery here?

There, Rant over...:o
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    sveck wrote: »
    I've tried to create and run a Delta Feddie all day, to no avail. Finally I even tried re-installing Arc completely to see if that would help. Guess what? It does not help. It's very disenchanting that I can't play, since I've spent the past month encouraging my entire fleet to make new toons. A response to my tickets would be greatly appreciated, since I entered them much, much earlier today.
    I wouldn't hinge on getting a response; you'd be lucky to get the automated one (that's been the norm since launch; STO's QA department isn't that good, but it's all we got)

Still, with/without a response, it would at least be in their attention

^Feeling realistic today
    Was named Trek17.

• Options
    corvinreigarcorvinreigar Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I somehow managed to get my Romulan Delta Recruit (fed aligned) to the tutorial, but after trying all the above I can't get a Federation character to start. I didn't try a kdf character. I'll try that next I suppose.
  • Options
    tomal666tomal666 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have same problem. No matter what I do, can't complete the tutorial.
    When I restart the game after it crushes, the new delta recruit is there but it cannot proceed with the mission.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I somehow managed to get my Romulan Delta Recruit (fed aligned) to the tutorial, but after trying all the above I can't get a Federation character to start. I didn't try a kdf character. I'll try that next I suppose.

People seem to be able to occasionally get through on FED or ROM side randomly. I haven't been able to get either to work.

I can get into KDF 100% of the time on the second try. Basically create the KDF toon and it will get stuck after the first tutorial intro. Close the program and come back. Then log into your KDF and you should be fine.

There's obviously a weird issue with the Tutorial intro videos. I suspect this has something to do with the changes made to them during Delta rising.

It would be nice if we got some Dev response to this. At least an acknowledgement they are investigating.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    People seem to be able to occasionally get through on FED or ROM side randomly. I haven't been able to get either to work.

I can get into KDF 100% of the time on the second try. Basically create the KDF toon and it will get stuck after the first tutorial intro. Close the program and come back. Then log into your KDF and you should be fine.

There's obviously a weird issue with the Tutorial intro videos. I suspect this has something to do with the changes made to them during Delta rising.

It would be nice if we got some Dev response to this. At least an acknowledgement they are investigating.

its not just the tutorial videos, the video when you try to exit the jenolan sphere via gate freeze the game too (and this one is around the game since delta rising launch)

spocked thumb face...
  • Options
    pec3pec3 Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    its not just the tutorial videos, the video when you try to exit the jenolan sphere via gate freeze the game too (and this one is around the game since delta rising launch)

I sign on that one. It also happend to me when I wanted to exit Jenolan Sphere it freeze the game. I tried many times to go on my Delta Recruit but I always fail because tutorial video is still freezes. And I still can not go in on my Delta recruit. :mad: