Install Arc
Options

Delta recruit crashing

2»

Comments

• Options
    fletch57fletch57 Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    just created new fed toon for delta recruitment.when finished creating new toon,intro movie/cut scene starts.at the end,game freezes tried reboot,nothing.:o
  • Options
    pec3pec3 Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have problems with Federation Delta recruit because when video freezes I can not go in on that char what ever I do.
    I just made KDF char delta recruit and video freeze, but when I log in back to the game I have no problem going on that char.
    I want to play fed delta recruit not KDF.
  • Options
    finaltom5finaltom5 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am runnin: Win Xp

This is the windows error report. This has been going on for me ever since the new video they made for feds came out after delta rising.

Error signature:
    szAppName: GameClient.exe szAppVer: 0.0.0.0 szModName: hungspp

\Temp\Wer6aeb.dir00\GameClient.exe.mdmp
    \Temp\Wer6aeb.dir00\appcompat.txt
  • Options
    pec3pec3 Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Everyone that is having problem with going on fed delta recruit is having problem with GameClient.exe.
    I started with KDF Delta recruit, problem with video, I loged out and went in on KDF delta recruit and I could continue to play on KDF recruit.
    But when it comes to fed delta recruit there was a problem, but I solved it by using deferent computer, also with instaled game.
  • Options
    stevencherylstevencheryl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same here.... freezes at end of cutscene. Any faction is the same.
    Great incentive to skip the content altogether... maybe it will work right with a regular recruit when the event is over,... or not.
    Steve@SCCreations - Fleet General - Persistent Officer Title & Accolade
    Deceiver's Lair Fleet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    doktormarengodoktormarengo Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same here.... freezes at end of cutscene. Any faction is the same.
    Great incentive to skip the content altogether... maybe it will work right with a regular recruit when the event is over,... or not.

Well you should be able too to go back and get into your KDF created Delta Recruit. It will crash the first time - but the cut scene won't play again.

But still this is an annoying issue and it would be great to get some help with it. Unfortunately, I think people have solved it themselves by:

- Just rolling a KDF, letting it crash, and then logging back in.

or.

- Going to another Computer and logging into there STO game from there.

Neither one of those really fixes the problem. As it prevents players from rolling any NEW Romulan or Fed character.
  • Options
    doktormarengodoktormarengo Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ok I found a work-around that works. It's very tricky, but it involves deleting the binkw32.dll file in the games Live folder. There is apparently an issue with this file that someone figured out.

This is the thread where I found the details:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1417361

If you're not comfortable opening and changing files in your computer - then this may not be the work around for you. It did work for me however.