Options

IONIC Ship Stats - Only 3 TAC Consoles - Boo

124»

Comments

• Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Definitely eyeing up the Andromeda.

Was going to pick up the Eclipse, but this has thrown a spanner in that idea.

Decisions decisions...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jermbot wrote: »
    I'm sorry that the new Cruisers they've produced don't have a plurality of tac consoles. I understand it's frustrating when a Cruiser isn't tailored towards tactical play. I certainly hope this lack of tactical potency does not prevent you from purchasing these Cruisers.

But if it does, I am sure that at some point Cryptic will release a ship with 4 tac consoles, possibly some sort of Tier-6 command Cruiser with a specific and declared bias towards tactical powers. They could even name it after some sort of Spanish colonial fortifications.

Ha! I honestly did laugh out loud at this. :D
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Definitely eyeing up the Andromeda.

Was going to pick up the Eclipse, but this has thrown a spanner in that idea.

Decisions decisions...

Even though the stats on the Eclipse are better overall, I would definitely vote for the Andromeda.

Even though I'm not a huge Galaxy fan, it's a shining pearl compared to the horrid nightmare that is the Eclipse. :D
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If you only pay for power, you're already promising Cryptic an easy-mode way to get your money. Take any ship, change absolutely nothing, and just add one buff.

If yo ubuy the ship for different gameplay capabiltieis and its design, then Cryptic actually has to provide a new ship design and some creative powers (or at least BOFF combos that weren't there before).

And therein lies the problem, too many people happy to drop relatively large amounts for slightly enhanced versions of stuff they already have, rewarding Cryptic for power creep and unimaginative design. Its the players fault just as much (if not moreso) as Cryptic for rewarding and promoting that behavior. Only way it'll ever stop is if enough players say 'no, I'm not participating in this anymore. You want my money, make something else.' Sadly I don't think there's enough players around here who put integrity first. :(
    The real failing is that we still don't have a "Deflector Cannon" type ability. Like the Enterprise tried to do in "Best of Both Worlds". Maybe it's too similar to phaser lances?

MACO set 3-piece.
  • Options
    bravecatherinebravecatherine Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The Rom ship has only a turn rate of 5....i just have no words.
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Three TAC Consoles just don't cut the mustard.

You're joking, right?

It's pretty obvious you haven't flown the T5 Galaxy at all. Try that, and get back to me about "Boo, 'only' 3 tac consoles".
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The Rom ship has only a turn rate of 5....i just have no words.

What were you expecting it to have?
  • Options
    sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    When someone complains, they usually think their complaint reasonable. When someone else complains (the same complaint possibly) they are crying, whining, qq'ing, and doing all manner of obscene and socially unacceptable things.

I wont be buying the galaxy pack because three tac consoles with no fourth from going fleet means the ship is inferior to other ships I've recently bought. Trade a tac console, commander command seat, and a hanger bay for weapon cruiser command? At best you could say its a wash, in truth the presidio is still a better ship. There are other ships we already have that are superior as well. So the only reason I can see to buy this bathtub in space (still has that abysmal turn rate) is for the looks. There is no new interior to make the purchase more palatable either.

But I'm not crying. I just wont spend my money on it at this time. Perhaps later they'll add this ship to a new galaxy bundle with a better gal-x and a new interior and I'll reassess. But if they had a fourth tac console with or without paying for the fleet version they'd have gotten me to buy all 3 ships. Just sayin'

This. Four tac consoles for cruisers worth their salt and not trying to fill some kind of bizarre niche have been the standard ever since the Excel. A reasonable compromise would have been to give the base model more engineering consoles than tac, but giving the Fleet variant an additional Tac for a more balanced 4/3/4 loadout. This ship isn't competitive compared to what we have already and if it had any other skin, hardly anyone would bother.