test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Account Server Login Issues

Comments

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,782 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    LMAO Not any more I live in New England and well the melt is well under way and parts of Boston look more like this...
    http://samuels-graphics.deviantart.com/art/Underwater-City-Wallpaper-HD-363482012

When did they move the Statue of Liberty to Boston?

;)
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    We will be performing an emergency maintenance tonight from 10:00 PST to 11:30 PST to ensure a hotfix goes out related to both stability as well as issues Captains have been facing with the Featured Episode.

As I mentioned before, through hell or high water, I will get this fixed.

I will be leaving this thread open, as the maintenance thread will be locked.

Awesome. Thanks to you and the team for great work on this :D
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    We will be performing an emergency maintenance tonight from 10:00 PST to 11:30 PST to ensure a hotfix goes out related to both stability as well as issues Captains have been facing with the Featured Episode.

As I mentioned before, through hell or high water, I will get this fixed.

I will be leaving this thread open, as the maintenance thread will be locked.

That's good news. Thanks for the update, Trendy. :)
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Did the servers in Boston blow up or something?
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,782 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    We're good in New Jersey. Er... well... I'm good in New Jersey. Can't really speak for the entire state.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    westmetals wrote: »
    THIS makes me very upset. I lost my entire "morning" playtime (before work) to the morning maintenance, save for 10 minutes post-patch before the account server problem cropped up.

Then I had to go to work. Work all day... while you guys are doing whatever you were doing (I'm sure it's important, not debating that)... and come home to find out that you decided two hours ago to have a 90 minute emergency maintenance.

But instead of having it immediately (in which case the problem would already be resolved NOW), you are waiting until a time that will wipe out the majority of the remaining time I (and any other players on a similar schedule) have today.... when you already wiped us out this morning with the regularly scheduled maintenance.

On the plus side, at least time around most people in Europe should not feel that they are being discriminated against since most of them should be sleeping at that time. Assuming they need to wake up in the morning to go to school or work.

I only just logged myself with about 100 minutes before the servers go down.
  • kytho74656kytho74656 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    A little insight of how I logged in a little bit ago...

It took it forever to go from the Delta Rising 'loading' screen to kick over to the Character selection screen. I would say, somewhere between 5-9 minutes of just allowing the computer time to do what it needed.

I am sure that the engineers/devs have something ready for a fix - but when it sat for that long, it kicked me out with the 'authentication' error - back to to a username/password screen. I re-entered the password...waited about 2-3 minutes and it went to the character selection screen.

Something in between the loading and character screens (not knowing what pings and code being exchanged here) is where it seems to hang me up on both my laptop and desktop computers. Both computers have had no issues running STO, otherwise.

Just thought I would pass that little bit to you Trendy, maybe relevant to the situation.

Thanks for the updates as you are able to provide. :)
  • tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My first login after this morning's routine maintenance, I was on that DR loading screen for 6 minutes. Timed it. It turned out to be one-third of the time I was able to get online this morning.... and now I'm losing half of my night shift to the emergency fix that was announced nearly four hours in advance.

I presume we're talking about the morning maintenance which happens on the same day each week at approximately the same time and can be seen well in advance. Coupled with an emergency fix that they announce ahead of time and one which they bother to apply the same day that the bugs are figured out.
    edited March 2015
    My first login after this morning's routine maintenance, I was on that DR loading screen for 6 minutes. Timed it. It turned out to be one-third of the time I was able to get online this morning.... and now I'm losing half of my night shift to the emergency fix that was announced nearly four hours in advance.

Don't get me wrong, I understand how it can be frustrating, but consider this...if they found the issue that long ago, it takes time to either get the equipment (if equipment needed) to be 'ready' to add to any domain or the code to apply a hotfix (as that is what Trendy suggested in a post). It takes a bit of time. If it is code needing to be added, there is a process by which it is created, checked, tested, and maybe some QA in there somewhere, then added to the patch server for it to be applied to our client side stuff.

Code writing doesn't happen in a matter of minutes, it takes time. At least they are able to figure out what the issues might be and administer a 'hypospray' to the patient.

A 'pick me up tonic' might be needed, as we have all lost some gameplay today.

I am only keeping it 'light-hearted'. This IS a game, afterall. :)
    edited March 2015
    But if they can give a time estimate for the length of an emergency maintenance... that to me says they already know exactly what needs to be done.

As it is, though... between the two maintenances, they've wiped out 75% of the time I was able to be online today. And the way I see it, half of that was due to an apparently unnecessary delay in the "emergency" maintenance.

I didn't get to do all that I had hoped to do today. There is always tomorrow. :) I understand game time lost - but I would rather they fix it as they are able. I have worked on computers/networks, and internet security for over 20 years...I have basic principles of coding, but overall, the end user are who you cater to...I get it. But would you rather the game have errors to not being able to log in or completing missions or they fix them?

The time that Trendy gave, to me, seems to be on point with a hotfix...with a little time over, just in case.

This could have been one of those times that the game was broke and down for a week. We all know that game that had that.

Just sayin'...maybe watching a Star Trek episode would help pass the time. :) it does for me.
  • amezukiamezuki Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    That they announced nearly FOUR HOURS in advance... while calling it "emergency". If it's an "emergency", why not do it immediately?

Also... the post-maintenance time, I usually get about double what I got today. Triple if you count the 6-minute loading screen. I got kicked halfway through my timeframe by the account server and was unable to reenter. (I burned through the second half of the time I had, waiting on seven account server timeouts). Then I go to work and come back to "two hours ago: we're doing an emergency maintenance in four hours!"
    If I had to guess, I'd say because even if they've identified the fix they still need time to promote and QA the code... and because the people who deploy the patches worked early this morning and most likely were not in the office tonight. It can take some time to round up all the on-call people, get them all logged into VPN/whatever, and the whole thing ready to go.

Emergency maintenance of a major online service can be a whole lot hairier behind the scenes than people think, and involve coordinating dozens or hundreds of people who were in the middle of having dinner with their families.
    Fleet Admiral L'Yern - Screenshot and doffing addict
    Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser U.S.S. Dioscuria NX-91121-A - Interactive Crew Roster
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Just got disconnected, can't contact account server.

Edit: Had to shut down the game client and re-log via laucher to get back into the game. Seems like the trouble is with the in-client login screen connecting with the account server.
  • aarabusaarabus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    i am still having problems. Same since this started. If you are still working i will be patient.
  • masumunemasumune Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Since the last patch... nothing is working..

I keep getting disconnected... nice work!

Now.. i can't even play the game anymore...

Thank you for pushing out even the gold members..
  • phaser69phaser69 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    same.. im a gold member here but i may as well go silver or just find a new game that works and deserves my subcription money...

stop with the new content and events... stabilize the game if you people cain't then give the game to a company that can pls...
  • mecteshmectesh Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    sov42 wrote: »
    Just got disconnected, can't contact account server.

Edit: Had to shut down the game client and re-log via laucher to get back into the game. Seems like the trouble is with the in-client login screen connecting with the account server.

Interesting approach; tried that, along with a system reboot to see if it was local and... now it looks like the launcher can't even connect to the patch server. Definitely appears to be something broken "between here and there"; all I know is it isn't "here", as it appears I can do just about anything else (including LotRO)... except STO.

Edit: Finally got back to character selection screen, but now getting Login2_Timeout after selecting a character and trying to actually get into the game.
    Mac mini Server (mid 2011): 2GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 3000 512MB
    OS X El Capitan 10.11.2
  • sthraxpwesthraxpwe Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm having significant connection issues... timing out when trying to load characters. If I get to the character screen, it takes 15-30 secs to just get the character selected. Then it usually disconnects me as I try to load the character I select. If I make it into the actual game- every action, and I mean every, gives me a disconnected from server message for about 30 secs, then completes the action only to do the exact same thing for the next action I try. I finally gave up after getting the disconnected from server message went 90 secs and booted me altogether.
  • rcassandrasaturnrcassandrasaturn Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I think it's probably Account wide problem on the server side. any chance to find out if it's still related to this problem?

edit: i'm getting character login in problem. must be character login on account side?
    Fleet commander of Slippery When Wet.
    i am Deaf Transgender girl. i'm Known to others as Korra.
    you can find me on Tumblr, Twitter, Twitch
  • masumunemasumune Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's not an "Issue" anymore...

I keep getting booted of the server every 20 ****NG seconds...

I'm a gold member...lifetimer... whatever you call it... I WANT A REFUND!!!

I CAN'T PLAY...

If this is the way you take care of your customer.. then i'm gone...
  • kehlekrkehlekr Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I keep getting disconnected and it's April 5th. really I'm a lifetime subsriber. This has been going on since the Delta Recuit started. I can't even create a Fed and Rom because it freezes up at the end of the cutscene. I get a messgae on my machine that the Gameclient.exe has stopped working. Does Cryptic even care any more.
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Whatever the problem is, it seems to not be a global connection issue to the servers.

I've had no problems since the emergency fix. I do know a couple players that were having intermittent troubles though.
    edited April 2015
    Yup, login/account server is having issues... got booted, having timeouts. ISP is working perfectly.

Also, launcher is taking forever to start.
  • seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You kmow its the first weekend of something here if the server goes down.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • tm706tm706 Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yup. Server not responding. ISP is perfect, tried this over wireless and wired connections just to rule that out too. Seems the server tribble are fornicating again
    Coffee is life.

Message me in-game (@tm706) for help

1st Alpha Quadrant Fleet
    edited April 2015
    seannewboy wrote: »
    You kmow its the first weekend of something here if the server goes down.

Lately, it's more like every patch we have some issue. >_>
  • captaingalaxy1captaingalaxy1 Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Trendy Perhaps its time for the Cryptic World to recieve some extensive repairs and upgrades? :D

Sounds like alot of the infrastructre is worn out..
    "Omega Class will prevail she cannot be defeated!"
  • dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Booted and can't reconnect.
    edited April 2015
    Trendy Perhaps its time for the Cryptic World to recieve some extensive repairs and upgrades? :D

Yes, invest in the infrastructure.
  • dessniperdessniper Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The tribbles died again.
  • richardcranium63richardcranium63 Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Here we go again. Time to interrupt the technicians holiday to fix this.
    RichardCranium63
    Fed/Vulcan: T'jar Voltek Fleet: Section 31
    Fed/Andorian: Lissan Ek'Noor sh'Aqabaa Fleet: Section 31
    KDF/Cardi: K'Im Qah da Sian Fleet: Klingon Intelligence
    KDF/Reman: R'Chras Jonzor Fleet: Klingon Intelligence
This discussion has been closed.