What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Account Server Login Issues

Comments

• Options
    paterdavepaterdave Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    hate to be the one to break it to you, but the event has finished, you had plenty of days to get all 14 shards..

The way that it played when it got online I was glad to get 1 shard with 1 character.
    When that was fixed I had nearly enough days to get the rest done so on the final day of the event and the server is down than I think they should compensate.
  • Options
    sylkrodesylkrode Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I guess I should pop off and do another episode of Mythbusters - I'll probably find that the server was restored 8 minutes after I started, just like a few hours ago.

On that note; check it out

http://files.tested.com/photos/2013/07/21/50383-1992.jpg
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My Boston team is currently working on it. We're looking into the potential for an emergency patch later in the evening in order to put in some fixes to Uneasy Allies.

horray.......
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    everything loaded up just fine for me. currently doffing......looks pretty lonely out there though.
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    bucklerpw wrote: »
    That is only fair as Starbuck is a man played the man and professional actor Dirk Benedict.
    You do know about military traditons right? Which is way Lt. Starbuckwas refered to as Sir it had nothing to do with Dirk Benedict. Oh before you start I am Ex-Military U.S. Navy Submarine forces.
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    You do know about military traditons right? Which is way Lt. Starbuckwas refered to as Sir it had nothing to do with Dirk Benedict. Oh before you start I am Ex-Military U.S. Navy Submarine forces.

655? Shut up, Stimson! :P
    '80s I assume?
    I need a beer.

• Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,768 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Did I read here that the Champs server was also down?

'Cause I got in over there just fine.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I was in, then switched toon and... connection to login server timed out :(
  • Options
    crowley875crowley875 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Just made a successful login. Everything seems to be working on my end.
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    sander233 wrote: »
    To be fair, this is what the server center in Boston looks like now: http://d.ibtimes.co.uk/en/full/1423536/snow-boston.jpg
    LMAO Not any more I live in New England and well the melt is well under way and parts of Boston look more like this...
    http://samuels-graphics.deviantart.com/art/Underwater-City-Wallpaper-HD-363482012
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    In regards to redlight, while we are getting logins currently, please note that we're still checking stability in back end. I'll let you know once I get a confirmation. Currently talking with like 10+ people simultaneously. :)
  • Options
    warpedcorewarpedcore Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    We're investigating access to the Account Server for Holodeck connections as well as other Cryptic titles. I am currently speaking to the engineering team.

....I will forgo sleep; through hell or high water I will work with the teams to get the servers back and running.

Pft. Go home and have that espresso we spoke about. You deserve it.
  • Options
    bucklerpwbucklerpw Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Don't tell the U.S. Navy Submarine forces are androgynous now? Recent reports of illicitly recorded and distributed videos in the news say otherwise. Has ma'am been outlawed? Sounds like tradition has been scuttled. Sir and Madam go back a long time.
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    warpedcore wrote: »
    Pft. Go home and have that espresso we spoke about. You deserve it.
    No. :)

...10chars.
  • Options
    botc76botc76 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Oh, I sincerely hope 'that an update on what will be happening.' will be forthcoming. :)

Seriously, though, please tell the powers that be that this is getting somewhat tiresome. When it happence once, it's a glitch; when it happens every patch, of late, then it's time someone started looking into this.

Attack Patch Delta: wait way too long for sever to come online, then play for 10 minutes, and watch it crash again. And then you need to go to bed, as it's nearing midnight, as Cryptic timed these so that Europeans get little to no margin of error.

This. It's getting extremely tiresome. I take some time to play STO, download the patch and nothing works until late in the night and then I have no time on the next evening.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited March 2015
    It does seem stable for me, FE is still bugged to hell tho with the disappearing Sela and dont TRIBBLE up and die in the puzzle room
  • Options
    friarshaggyfriarshaggy Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    You mean as if people aren't getting timed out at the login screen?
  • Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    paterdave wrote: »
    And the biggest problem that we have is we now can't finish our crystal event They should atleast give us 2 more days for all the delays they have again.

um the crystal event ended at 10 am pdt or when the server came back online this morning if you read the blog to the event you would know this, and as far as I know there was no extension prior to this patch bcuz there was really no problem going on till today.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Ex-Marine, we referred to female officers as Ma'am. Could be just a Navy thing. In boot camp if you call a female Drill Instructor Sir, they make darn sure you know you made a mistake.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    thejoker767thejoker767 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    //facepalm//

pathetic ....
  • Options
    jdfosterrocksjdfosterrocks Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    In regards to redlight, while we are getting logins currently, please note that we're still checking stability in back end. I'll let you know once I get a confirmation. Currently talking with like 10+ people simultaneously. :)

holy #$%. No complaints on my end. You are helping us just by keeping the community updated. Proud of you & thankful for the hard work.

While I was in the military, when there was problems on our end we always blamed the "distant end" even if it really our fault. But in this case, it is not your fault that our connection is temp down due to boston cogent hub
  • Options
    chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My Boston team is currently working on it. We're looking into the potential for an emergency patch later in the evening in order to put in some fixes to Uneasy Allies as well as stability checks.

I'll have more information soon.

It's things like this that always make really, really appreciative as a player.

Some bugs / issues, sure they can be left for a while. But when there's game-breaking or otherwise login-blocking issues, Cryptic always delivers.

Thanks for the effort. I'm mentally sending good vibes to your coffee-maker :)
  • Options
    friarshaggyfriarshaggy Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Seriously bughunter?

Are you forgetting the mass server drops? The still ongoing Client error drops...The rubberbanding....So yes there are a few issues and i think a 48 extension would be worthwhile but ehh....asskissers like yerself will disagree with me..

Ps. Still Timing out at Login.
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It is my moral upstanding duty to be your stalwart defender. Including now, when I'm chatting with people who are all the way across the continent.

I'm also Batman.

Since when? lol
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Give those hamsters some steroids.
  • Options
    voidstaarvoidstaar Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm living in British Columbia, and having no server online at login.
  • Options
    quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Since when? lol

Since her parents were killed in a dark alley after watching Zorro and she devoted her life to being dark vengeance?
    w8xekp.jpg
  • Options
    jacy2077jacy2077 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I've got a connection and am playing now... Even though it said the server was down in the patcher. My issue now is that Zen purchasing is down. I was about to buy zen for a battlecruiser when the server crashed.
    U.S.S. LUNA
    NCC-91018
    Vesta Class
    Admiral Jacy Lyle
  • Options
    sylkrodesylkrode Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Red light. And I was hoping to put in my daily dith for today's 200 zen. Guess it'll have to wait till morning.
  • Options
    ginaldginald Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    You know galactic wars starts this way. :D please get the server back up I need my daily fix of destruction on STO! or I go nutssssss.
This discussion has been closed.