Install Arc
Options

All Hail Sela!!

Comments

• Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited March 2015
    tolmarius wrote: »
    1. Wonders why Seal would head for Rator, since it now lies within Federation space.

Wait, SEAL was captured, too?!

CLEARLY, he compares Rator III to a kiss from a rose on the gray... or whatever...

:P ;)
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    firelordzx5firelordzx5 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Guys, I think you all forgot about this.

This is SELA we are talking about, she was bound to escape sooner or later, she is master manipulator, deceit is in her veins, her words are the only tool she need to convince a group of people and you must remember that she got supporters that can blend in the republic.

Gaius Selan, while tragic that he is Sela's colaborator, isn't he Security Officer aboard the Leiseit? he got plenty of time to elaborate escape plans for the false empress and he got the chance in form of a PADD, this only proves that there is still remnants of the dying Star Empire and it's spy in the good Republic.

Many are flaming about Republic Incompetence but forget that this is SELA, the boogeywoman of the Romulan People, all sane members of the republic were once member of the RSE, that live under the oppression of this woman and wanted nothing more but to execute her at the spot but thanks to our good intentisions (and couple of FEDERATION treaties) it was given a fair trail rather a execution squad.

The Federation have NO RIGHTS in having sela interrogate her and no give us her back, this will destroy federation attemps in any relatioship with the romulans in the future now with the klingons, in a very different story, they are very trigger happy and we would be happy to at least know that Sela is dead by their hands
  • Options
    nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    the klingons, in a very different story, they are very trigger happy and we would be happy to at least know that Sela is dead by their hands

I disagree with you there, i have spoken with many Klingon's and they agree that as a matter of honor we should get to deal with her.
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • Options
    trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Why would any self respecting sane romulan support this half breed she-wolf that nearly sold them to the iconians as elachi chow?

Because she is more Romulan than anyone in the so-called Romulan Republic. They're even waeker than Vulcans.

And she is a Changeling... great opportunity here to introduce the Gamma Quandramt :)
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • Options
    firelordzx5firelordzx5 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I disagree with you there, i have spoken with many Klingon's and they agree that as a matter of honor we should get to deal with her.

Sela was involved in the Klingon Civil War, In fact, She was Commanding Officer of the entire operation (TNG: Redemption I and II) and Allied with the House of Duras if I recall, she only retreated when her cover was blow by the Enterprise's Crew and the Blockage Federation Fleet.

The Klingons have reasons to kill her giving them power to the House of Duras and backing them with a Fleet of D'Deridex waiting
    trygvar13 wrote: »
    Because she is more Romulan than anyone in the so-called Romulan Republic. They're even waeker than Vulcans.

She is more Romulan than Star Empire's Romulan, because human cunning is the only side of her human heritage she embrace and mixed with Romulan's teaching, of course she is dangerous.
  • Options
    nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Sela was involved in the Klingon Civil War, In fact, She was Commanding Officer of the entire operation (TNG: Redemption I and II) and Allied with the House of Duras if I recall, she only retreated when her cover was blow by the Enterprise's Crew and the Blockage Federation Fleet.

The Klingons have reasons to kill her giving them power to the House of Duras and backing them with a Fleet of D'Deridex waiting

All true however, my apologies while i have spoken to many Klingons i have yet to hear from any house leaders on the matter.

However i doubt they will pursue her actions during the cival war, after all the House of Duras is more powerful than it was before and if Jimpok pushed for her head, it could cause even more unrest in the high council.
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • Options
    lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It appears that Fleet Admiral R'Tath, Commander Ta'eth, and Commander Vranuk will have their hands full. R'Tath will take the RRW Hiyll'aeh and Commander Tal'mera and search Mol'Rhian and all Romulan space for Tal'Shiar bases. Commander Ta'eth with work with Admiral Kererek to prepare the Romulan fleet to attack Rator itself but will face little resistance from the weak and fractured Star Empire. And Commander Vranuk will work with his fellow Remans to find Sela and return her to Mol'Rhian where she will face trial for war crimes, mass-murder, and escaping the legitimate custody of the Romulan Republic.

While none of them agree with some of D'Tan's words of reunification, they will fight to defend the Mol'Rhian from the treachery of the Tal'Shiar.
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    At approximately 0700 Galactic Standard Time our glorious leader Empress Sela escaped from the custody the treacherous terrorist known as the Romulan Republic. Though she has not yet arrived at Rator we look forward to her return here.

Romulans in areas occupied by the Republic Terrorist should take this chance to rise up against their oppressors, these puppets of the Federation. Enclosed in the file for this transmission are plans easily replicatable disruptors and explosive devices. Rise up with whatever weapons you can and defeat this scourge against peace!

All Hail the Star Empire! All Hail Sela!!

A little note: The Republic isn't exactly a terrorist organization anymore (like it ever was), its a powerful nation with billions of Romulans, a great armada of warbirds ready to fight for it, and a homeworld that was everything ch'Rhian was with a great city that was everything Ki Baratan was. And Republic space streaches beyond the Nimbus sector, it encommpasses all of Tau Dewa except for Khitomer, all of Psi Velorum, half of Alpha Centauri, a slice of Iota Pavonis, and the Solanae Dyson Sphere. Its ships patrol Imperial space waiting to strike Rator, and the Star Empire is far weaker than the Republic, its ships are over 30 years old while the Republic's are almost brand new, the Empires IRF must be at most one-thousand ships (this includes Tal'Shiar), and the Empire could never be what it was, but the Republic CAN.

We are not puppets of the Federation but we thank them for their help, we still have our pride as Romulans and we still have our honor as Romulans while you have lost both. And I would personally recommend that the Romulan Star Empire should surrender all its holdings to the legitimate Romulan government. The ones who have committed war crimes against the Republic, Empire, and Federation will be tried of course but any Imperial citizens will become Republic citizens and any senators including the current Praetor will be welcomed to the new Romulan senate, and anyone serving in the IRF will be welcomed to the RRF but senior officers and commanders will be demoted one rank in the chain of command. Romulans should not fight Romulans and we should stand united in the coming Iconian war.

ANd you don't even call Rator lll Mol'Rhian! You are not Romulan, WE Are Romulan
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So sad the Republic didn't get to hold it's Kangaroo Court of Sela :D
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    tolmariustolmarius Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The strident hypocrisy of the Imperialists always amuses me. They yell about our supposed "masters", ignoring the fact that they were willingly used by the Iconians, and aided the Elachi in kidnapping and consuming hundreds of thousands of their own people. They whine about Romulan values and traditions, then sully those traditions and sink to any depths in the pursuit of there continued power. Their people desert them, the galaxy hates them, and unlike their former masters, have not the power to survive. They are like cockroaches, snickering about the breadcrumbs they stole from the pantry, oblivious to the rolled up newspaper hanging above them.

Continue to Heil Sela. I await the day you realize that the days of your power are not coming back. That your only hope lies in reconciliation.
    3T6cHqb.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    The strident hypocrisy of the Imperialists always amuses me. They yell about our supposed "masters", ignoring the fact that they were willingly used by the Iconians, and aided the Elachi in kidnapping and consuming hundreds of thousands of their own people. They whine about Romulan values and traditions, then sully those traditions and sink to any depths in the pursuit of there continued power. Their people desert them, the galaxy hates them, and unlike their former masters, have not the power to survive. They are like cockroaches, snickering about the breadcrumbs they stole from the pantry, oblivious to the rolled up newspaper hanging above them.

Continue to Heil Sela. I await the day you realize that the days of your power are not coming back. That your only hope lies in reconciliation.

All Hail D'Tan! All Hail The Republic!

• Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    lessley00 wrote: »
    All Hail D'Tan! All Hail The Republic!

D'Tan is an excellent Romulan, striving to better himself.

Perhaps, now that reason and calm has begun to reach all but the Klingons, we should discuss an alliance prison to hold this woman... It shall have no Romulan personnel nearby, although Reman personnel is on the table for discussion.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited March 2015
    Guys, I think you all forgot about this.

This is SELA we are talking about, she was bound to escape sooner or later, she is master manipulator, deceit is in her veins, her words are the only tool she need to convince a group of people and you must remember that she got supporters that can blend in the republic.

The only masterful thing about Sela is her ability to avoid death and the fascination trek authors have with the stupid cow.

And seriously... to, those wanting to follow her by this point, please either eject yourselves out of the nearest airlock or line up for my security teams to use as target dummies. You are seriously polluting the Romulan(and Reman) gene pool(s). By comparison to Sela and the RSE's current (cryptic made) caricature remnants they make D'Tan and Kererek look fabulous(which is probably why they still exist), and those two fools need to be shot for so many reasons.
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Incompetent Republic fools! The Alliance handed you the leader of your great enemy who was to have been kept under the highest forms of security. And you let her skip out. With the Empress' removal from the RSE, you've gotten lax. Now look what you've done. The RSE has someone again that is a clear cut leader, a driving force.

Romulan intel and security, RSE or Republic, is a far cry from its most deadly efficient days. A far, far cry. You damn fools!

Klingons that live in glass houses...

Tricked into becoming the Iconian's lap dogs just because they riled up some Undine, you couldn't even rout the "peaceful" Federation, I guess you'll have to be happy with your pet lizards. And let's not forget how one Iconian turned the High Council into racht chow right inside the council chamber.

All things considered, the Farmers and Refuguees of the Republic are doing quite well compared to the "warriors" of Qonos.
  • Options
    chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    (In-char)

I have said it to many an Imperial supporter before, and I'll say it again. The Sundering was 2,000 years ago, and the Star Empire rose shortly after that. The RSE stood for about two millennia, and it has now fallen under the weight of its own corruption.

The RSE used to stand for all Romulans, and it used to serve the interests and foster the advancement of all its citizens. But the Star Empire no longer serves that purpose. In recent years, it became but a shell of itself. It served only the needs-... no, no it served only the wants of a few corrupt leaders. The "Empress" never had the benefits of all Romulanity in her heart. The Tal Shiar, with or without Hakeev, no longer serves to keep the Empire strong and unified, safe from threats both from outside and from within.

The Republic will now carry the burden of progressing the Romulan - and Reman - people forward. In time, it will fall as well. This is the curse of being a Romulan, the intensely political, critical, and strong-willed people that we are. When the Republic fails to serve its people, it too will be replaced.

But for now, the Republic stands. And it will have its millennium, or two, of prominence in our great history.

To pressing matters, though. The RRW Frenchotte is ready, and Sela will be returned to the custody of the Republic. All she has done is bring additional charges against her - the court will ensure that this escape is added to the growing list of her crimes.

My Warbird is ready. I petition all of my fellow Romulan and Reman commanders to ready their 'Birds as well. The Republic respects justice, even if Sela does not. But mark my words, I will make every effort to ensure that Sela will see her day in court, whether she wants to or not.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    and those two fools need to be shot for so many reasons.

Explain these reasons I want to hear

• Options
    bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    (Also, have to ask where you got this Second New Romulus thing from....? There is only ch'Rihan, and ch'Mol'Rihan.)

Rator III was/is also called ch'Mol'Rihan by the SiSR.
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    bltrrn wrote: »
    Rator III was/is also called ch'Mol'Rihan by the SiSR.

If you could provide a reference, that would be nice. I've only ever heard it called Rator III. The former Dewa III is the only planet i've ever heard refered to as ch'Mol'Rihan.
    3T6cHqb.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    If you could provide a reference, that would be nice. I've only ever heard it called Rator III. The former Dewa III is the only planet i've ever heard refered to as ch'Mol'Rihan.

It's a passing reference in The Path to 2409, vol. 29, ch. 3. The new seat of RSE government on Rator III was called Nova Roma, but since Sela took control she started trying to push it as New Romulus / Mol'Rihan.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Accolade/Lore#Volume_29

I think it's outdated now, though. Let's be honest - there's now an entire planet called Mol'Rihan. Sela's attempt at a PR stunt failed in the long-term.
  • Options
    bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    chipg7 wrote: »
    It's a passing reference in The Path to 2409, vol. 29, ch. 3. The new seat of RSE government on Rator III was called Nova Roma, but since Sela took control she started trying to push it as New Romulus / Mol'Rihan.

I think it's outdated now, though. Let's be honest - there's now an entire planet called Mol'Rihan. Sela's attempt at a PR stunt failed in the long-term.

Also:

http://sto.gamepedia.com/New_Romulus#Notes
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • Options
    astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    lessley00 wrote: »
    A little note: The Republic isn't exactly a terrorist organization anymore (like it ever was), its a powerful nation with billions of Romulans, a great armada of warbirds ready to fight for it, and a homeworld that was everything ch'Rhian was with a great city that was everything Ki Baratan was. And Republic space streaches beyond the Nimbus sector, it encommpasses all of Tau Dewa except for Khitomer, all of Psi Velorum, half of Alpha Centauri, a slice of Iota Pavonis, and the Solanae Dyson Sphere. Its ships patrol Imperial space waiting to strike Rator, and the Star Empire is far weaker than the Republic, its ships are over 30 years old while the Republic's are almost brand new, the Empires IRF must be at most one-thousand ships (this includes Tal'Shiar), and the Empire could never be what it was, but the Republic CAN.

We are not puppets of the Federation but we thank them for their help, we still have our pride as Romulans and we still have our honor as Romulans while you have lost both. And I would personally recommend that the Romulan Star Empire should surrender all its holdings to the legitimate Romulan government. The ones who have committed war crimes against the Republic, Empire, and Federation will be tried of course but any Imperial citizens will become Republic citizens and any senators including the current Praetor will be welcomed to the new Romulan senate, and anyone serving in the IRF will be welcomed to the RRF but senior officers and commanders will be demoted one rank in the chain of command. Romulans should not fight Romulans and we should stand united in the coming Iconian war.

ANd you don't even call Rator lll Mol'Rhian! You are not Romulan, WE Are Romulan

Please refrain from overinflating things without stats to back up the post, Aside from head canon which doesn't count, there is absolutely nothing official to support that statement about the Republic or the Empire. (B) the second statement will very likely never happen, cryptic has received permission from CBS to make a secondary Romulan faction in the game the Republic, not to eliminate the Romulan Star Empire. And even if in a long shot they got permission to do it in this game, It wouldn't count for much since the game like the books and novels are soft canon. (Meaning they don't override the Tv shows or the Movies)

Reason why? money, money, money. Like the Federation and the Klingon Empire the Romulan Star Empire is far too established in the Star Trek mythos to be removed, Bloodied at times yes completely destroyed nope.
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    megatronis1megatronis1 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited March 2015

3. The monument to Spock is first and foremost a memorial to a friend of the Romulan people, a man who sacrificed his life in the process of saving billions of Romulans from the Hobus supernova. Secondly, it is a sign of friendship between the Romulan people and the Federation, who gave us food, medicine, shelter, and the means to defend ourselves, while our former government responded to our starvation with indifference, our sickness with propaganda, and our dissent with disruptors and thalaron.

(Also, have to ask where you got this Second New Romulus thing from....? There is only ch'Rihan, and ch'Mol'Rihan.)

To point 3 I must add that missing from your statement which is in the path to 2409 in addition is that the Klingon Empire raided defenseless or greatly outmatched Romulan planets at the weakest point after the Hobus disaster.

Also before legacy of Romulus yes Rator III was called New Romulus like the link from bltrrn above showed
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    astro2244 wrote: »
    Please refrain from overinflating things without stats to back up the post, Aside from head canon which doesn't count, there is absolutely nothing official to support that statement about the Republic or the Empire. (B) the second statement will very likely never happen, cryptic has received permission from CBS to make a secondary Romulan faction in the game the Republic, not to eliminate the Romulan Star Empire.

There's enough information available to make some assumptions about the Republic. Such as the fact that New Romulus exists, that the in-game blurbs on several planets and stations notate Republic affiliation, and that the blurbs for some ships notate entirely new Republic designs.

On the note of Republic systems, I came up with this list a little while ago based on the descriptions of systems with entry doors. It shows that yes, the Republic does have territory outside Tau Dewa:
    List of Republic Systems:

Tau Dewa
    - New Romulus (Dewa)
    - Crateris
    - Nequencia
    - Virinat

Psi Velorum
    - Chulan
    - Haakona
    - Brea

Alpha Centauri
    - Sienae
    - Tephrei

Iota Pavonis
    - Delta Corvi

(List will be updated as feedback comes in, new additions in italics. I ain't claiming to be perfect - though I'm claiming to be Romulan, which is close enough ;) )

It's not an overwhelming amount, but then again the RSE doesn't have a drastically bigger slice of the pie either because there are a ton of independent or uninhabited systems in Romulan space.

As for Cryptic not being allowed to kill off the RSE, I have no idea if there's any blockage to them being allowed to do that. I'd guess they likely have free reign there, seeing as they'd be keeping the Romulans in general around. And they've used plenty of canon references (D'Tan, Jarok's daughter, the Shinzon rebellion as a fracture point, Sela causing a lot of stuff, etc) to ground it in enough actual Trek to be an acceptable outcome. But that's just my guess.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2015

I'm not sure, but is it possible Nova Roma was the name of the capital city on Rator 3?

You forgot Talvath. Talvath is the system that decided they'd rather join the FEDERATION than be part of the RSE under Sela.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I'm not sure, but is it possible Nova Roma was the name of the capital city on Rator 3?

You're spot-on right. Nova Roma is the capital city. But I'm under the impression Sela tried to paint the entire planet as "New Romulus" / "Mol'Rihan" in a PR stunt.

Only a planet could be a new Romulus, and that would make the capital city duly reconsidered as "New Ki Baratan" / "Mol'Ki'Baratan."
    You forgot Talvath. Talvath is the system that decided they'd rather join the FEDERATION than be part of the RSE under Sela.

It's probably one of the Republic worlds by now, yeah. But there are a lot of worlds that were still listed in their descriptions as seemingly independent. I was hesitant to claim those worlds as Republic territory, just in case somebody fact-checked me and wanted to call me out on twisting facts.

But yeah, good call :)
  • Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    There's enough information available to make some assumptions about the Republic. Such as the fact that New Romulus exists, that the in-game blurbs on several planets and stations notate Republic affiliation, and that the blurbs for some ships notate entirely new Republic designs.

On the note of Republic systems, I came up with this list a little while ago based on the descriptions of systems with entry doors. It shows that yes, the Republic does have territory outside Tau Dewa:

Republic Systems:
    - Tau Dewa
    > New Romulus (Dewa), Crateris, Nequencia, Virinat
    - Psi Velorum
    > Chulan, Haakona
    - Alpha Centauri
    > Sienae, Tephrei
    - Iota Pavonis
    > Delta Corvi

It's not an overwhelming amount, but then again the RSE doesn't have a drastically bigger slice of the pie either because there are a ton of independent or uninhabited systems in Romulan space.

As for Cryptic not being allowed to kill off the RSE, I have no idea if there's any blockage to them being allowed to do that. I'd guess they likely have free reign there, seeing as they'd be keeping the Romulans in general around. And they've used plenty of canon references (D'Tan, Jarok's daughter, the Shinzon rebellion as a fracture point, Sela causing a lot of stuff, etc) to ground it in enough actual Trek to be an acceptable outcome. But that's just my guess.

Add Brea system as well, following the events of "Cutting the Cord."
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    protogoth wrote: »
    Add Brea system as well, following the events of "Cutting the Cord."

Ah, good point. I'll edit that into my list, for completion's sake.

Yay! Romulans have their own pleasure planet! Although it's a little... um... broken at the moment :P What I wouldn't give to have the Summer Event have a second location on Brea, though. That'd be cool.
  • Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    You're spot-on right. Nova Roma is the capital city. But I'm under the impression Sela tried to paint the entire planet as "New Romulus" / "Mol'Rihan" in a PR stunt.

Only a planet could be a new Romulus, and that would make the capital city duly reconsidered as "New Ki Baratan" / "Mol'Ki'Baratan."

The Capitol of ch"Rihan had many names:
    Val'danadex Trel
    Ra'tleihfi
    Dartha
    Ki Baratan

I'm partial to "Val'danadex Trel."

But the Capitol of ch'Mol'Rihan ought to be named Hachae s'Temer (Heart of Temer), since without Temer's noble self sacrifice, things would be very different.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    protogoth wrote: »
    The Capitol of ch"Rihan had many names:
    Val'danadex Trel
    Ra'tleihfi
    Dartha
    Ki Baratan

I'm partial to "Val'danadex Trel."

But the Capitol of ch'Mol'Rihan ought to be named Hachae s'Temer (Heart of Temer), since without Temer's noble self sacrifice, things would be very different.

When I was looking up Ki Baratan to verify my facts, I came across your old post from 2013 speaking about the names for the city.

Also, Hachae s'Temer. You know what, I like the Republic storyline enough, and felt connected enough to it, that this name for a city actually brought a tear to my eye (I'm a sucker for thought or feeling-provoking plot points, I know...). Please make a new thread in the Romulan Gameplay section for exactly this request. I want the city named that :)
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    astro2244 wrote: »
    Please refrain from overinflating things without stats to back up the post, Aside from head canon which doesn't count, there is absolutely nothing official to support that statement about the Republic or the Empire.

I'm going to post this yet again. The galaxy map. Which pretty clearly shows the Republic holding all of Tau Dewa, Psi Velorum, and a quarter of Alpha Centauri. Rator is pretty clearly in Federation space. And the RSE is in Iota Pavonis, up at the top.

http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/sto.gamepedia.com/f/fd/In-Game_Galaxy_Map.png

Just gonna Leave that here.
    3T6cHqb.png